Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [M]Austere IC

Imperfectly Impossible
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Hmm...Fantasy with a twinge of maturation. I'll throwdown in the arena too
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Just as Yv was about to leave someone new walked into the library. Before the young man even spoke Adam could tell. He didn't know if it was just his mind but the guy even smelt like an out of towner. Adam's eyes narrowed trying to quickly think up of something but the man spoke which only caused Adam's brow to furrow further.

He looked at Yv and nodded towards the door letting her know she was free to leave at anytime and not obligated to stay. Adam could only imagine what was going inside of her right now.

'Maybe? Locals maybe?! Heh...you are definitely not from around here. Everyone around Austere is from Austere. 'Hardly anyone ever comes and few ever go..'.'

He quoted an old saying that had stuck for generations. Realizing he said it caught him off guard and he felt incredibly corny.

'So I'm guessing you're looking for directions so you can be on your way right? Where you headed?'

Adam's tone was a mix of a question and a command. He knew some people showed up from out of town but really was hoping they were only passing through.

Anything and everything
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yv stood stock still when the stranger walked in. Definitely an outsider. Outsiders excited them. She could feel them now as they all moved to see him. They all sat still staring, no doubt he'd catch it as a feeling that she disliked him. Their staring usually had such an effect. Adam's eyes caught her attention as he nodded toward the door. He thought she felt obligated to stay. She had no choice.

'Maybe? Locals maybe?! Heh...you are definitely not from around here. Everyone around Austere is from Austere. 'Hardly anyone ever comes and few ever go..'.'

Adam's words made them squirm anxiously. Shooting a glare Adam's way she attempted to silence him. They wanted the boy to remain clueless, and she wasn't prepared to defy them quite yet. When Adam questioned the boy about getting directions for leaving town Yv wanted to reach out and give him a good wallop, but their intervention prevented this. Yv was sure he was going to get himself killed now.

-----------------------------------

They smiled at him intending to seem friendly. Holding out a hand, such an odd custom, they waved Adam away.

"Don't listen to him," they chuckled in Yv's voice, "Adam is always like that. I'm Yvette, you can call me Yv if you like though. Everyone does. You look a bit tired. Need a place to stay? I've got a few extra rooms at my place."

Smiling they waited for the boys reply. If the Adam boy spoke out as he had once more they might have to make him "disappear" though. His blathering was getting quite tiring. They wished Yv hadn't found such comfort in him. She had told him many things. Nothing of consequence though. She was a smart girl in that sense. She obviously knew how to keep things she cared about from being lost. Not like her father. They chuckled inwardly when they felt the girl struggling violently at their thoughts. She always did this at the mention of her father. Such a frivolous emotion love. It was what gave them power over their host after all.

Horror, Action, Fantasy, High Powered, Apocolyptic, Sci-Fi, and many more.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Remy was… greeted by Adam who seemed really pissed about something. He didn’t know whether it was something they were discussing or he may have had little sleep. Either way Remy didn’t like it but he wasn’t going to let it get to him. So he lifted his head up and puffed out his chest a little bit and threw out a smile. The girl seemed really nice though. He was really surprised because it was very generous of her to offer a place to stay… especially at her place. She seemed a little young though to own her own place but then again who was he to judge age by appearance.

He looked at Adam and said with a smile and said “Nah I’m looking for a place to stay bud. I come from Tennessee and it seems as though you might know of a place or 2.”

He then looked at the girl with a smile also because of her generosity “Wow, you’re really nice to offer me a place to stay. I would love it if you could arrange something like though…” He said while moving his hands a little. He was kind of a kinesthetic talker.

Oh yeah, my name is Remy. I’m glad to have met you two.” He then turned his head in different directions and saw quite a collection of reading material. “By the way, I was hoping to look into some of the history of this place since I’m going to be here for a long time. I don’t plan on moving anytime soon unless my job says otherwise.” He then pulls out his cell phone while on silent and notices he doesn’t have very many bars. This place might be a dead zone or it could be just his temporary position.
    Welcome to my masquerade.

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)

Jenny's forehead creased into a frown as her daughter trailed off from whatever she'd been about to say, and simply stood there in a sort of dejected silence. Jenny knew whatever Georgie had on her mind, it was probably to do with her father. That was the subject that mainly caused these kind of quick, cut off sentences between her daughter and herself.
    "Did you find your room?" she asked brightly, the smile finding its way back onto her face as she tried to distract her daughter, put her in a better moon. When the young girl nodded, Jenny clapped her hands together, affecting a brisk, cheerful attitude.
    "Well, there's not much else we can do here, until the van arrives, so what's say we go find a pub, have something to eat? My treat," Jenny offered, thinking to herself that a nice, strong scotch and coke wouldn't go astray either.

"What d'you think, Georgie?" she asked hopefully, "I saw a pub on the way in, I think."

On indefinite hiatus. I remain purple only for technical support, please direct queries to Scottie or another staffer. Thank you RPA for being my second home for so many years, and every member who makes this the wonderful place it is.

Click here daily to vote for RPA!

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Jenny's brisk, affected cheerfulness distilled down everything that Gina thought was wrong about their situation, and for a brief moment she felt the anger she had been giving vent to far too often recently flare up again. It felt like her mum was trying to impose happiness on her; to make her let go of her old life and start enjoying her new one in the states.

But the anger was quickly snuffed out by tiredness. It wasn't just that she was physically weary from their long journey, she was also mentally tired from fighting a battle that she had already lost. And so instead of arguing, she just attempted to match her mother's smile.

“Might as well man through the jet lag, eh?” she agreed.

And so mother and daughter both headed down to the pub, both thinking that they had succeeded in deceiving the other.
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Anything and everything
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They smiled at the new boy. His name didn't matter Yvette would remember for them. She knew better than to disobey. When the boy mentioned looking into the towns history they became slightly worried. Only slightly.

"Why stay in a stuffy old library," they laughed, "when you've got an authentic Austereian right here? Just because I'm not an old woman doesn't mean I don't know about my town. Come on I'll even give you a grand tour."

They giggled and wrapped Yvette's scarf around her neck. This bit was a fool. He was already falling for all of their tricks. Taking a room int their home. Foolish. Though, he was from out of time they supposed. They couldn't wait until he began to realize what was happening. It would be too late by that time ofcourse. He would be stuck in their trap. Like a fly in a widows web. Soon he'd be patiently waiting- no begging for death to come.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The girl was so eager to have him stay with her. This was pleasing to Remy except for the fact that she was trying to steer him away from the town’s history. He knew for a fact now that they had some kind of history. He was thinking to himself “why would she be so willing to have me stay with her and also not wanting me to view the towns history?” He couldn’t help but to think something wasn’t adding up. So he rolled his shoulders a little bit stretching out and said “Eh, I’m not much for grand tours. I just want something to read. I will be at your house later tonight if you want me to. By the way… I’m kind of out of line by saying this… but do you study… paranormal activities? I’m looking for more books on those too?” He then ponders in his head that something just doesn’t add up about this… but he couldn’t sleep in the cold… yet he wanted to know more.

Action, Adventure, Horror, Sci-Fi, Video Game Parodies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

-Pub-

With everything in order at the pub Orianna needed to talk to the Yvette about the band and see what they would need to perform. She placed her father's diary in the drawer and locked it with the key before stuffing the key into her pocket. Stepping down from her stool she walked from behind the counter and past the tables admiring the work she had put into keeping them looking as authentic as they did. "Father never appreciated my talents..." She snorted to herself as she remembered how her father never cared if she cleaned the pub, he seemed to only care about making his customers happy.

She soon exited the pub and headed towards the library as she hummed a tune to herself. Her father never liked music but he was not around to tell her what to do anymore. Even though she pictured dark images in her mind as she hummed no one but herself had to know.

Of course no one ever saw this side of her because she wanted them to think she was like her father, dull and monotone. It hid the rather fiery demon which resided in her heart and she liked the feeling of having power over people she disliked. Outsiders were especially fun to play with...especially when they were the playthings.
    "To consort with the heretic is to endanger one's purity. But to lie to an Inquisitor is to forfeit your soul." ~ Inquisitor Fazael

"Faith is purest when it is unquestioning." ~ Chaplain Mikelus of the Blood Ravens

"Knowledge is power, guard it well." ~ Blood Ravens Motto

Imperfectly Impossible
    Hmm...Fantasy with a twinge of maturation. I'll throwdown in the arena too
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Adam interrupted changing his tune. With the arrival of the out of towner and Yv Adam's anxiety was rising and his body began to yearn for a smoke. He wanted to clear them out of the library so he could relieve the craving. It wasn't that he thought anyone would steal anything but the rules of the library were the rules of the library.

'You know what? Taking her up on her offer wouldn't be a bad idea. You just arrived, and these books will always be here for you to wander in and look at but how many times will you get a tour of Austere handed to you for free?? Also I need a smoke and I can't have one in here and I can't leave the area unattended with people inside. Soo...'

He looked at the doors longingly hoping that the new guy would be convinced and go off with Yv. Despite all her afflictions she was quite a curious girl and always seemed friendly enough. Adam in his time around her never was able to notice a difference but he was sure the stories were true. Deciding to sweeten the deal he chimed in again.

'Listen if you leave and let me have my smoke I'll pay you back, I'll buy you a round at the pub tonight. Interested?'

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Noticing Adam’s interruption, Remy was curious as to why all the sudden the library wasn’t available to him. I mean, it was a bit odd to deny letting someone check out books at the library to promote business and make such a generous offer if I let the guy smoke. Well, he couldn’t refuse a round at the local pub though. He was wanting to look around the town anyways. “Fine, we’ll get out of here. I guess I’ll see you at the pub tonight… Adam was it?” He said trying to remember the mans name. His memory with names was horrible. Remy then turned around to look at the girl and said “So you’re wanting to show me around. Let’s go if you want” Remy said with a grin. His mind still wasn’t easy about the whole ordeal though. He was going to be on his guard somewhat throughout all of this. Even if they were as generous as to buy him a drink.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast