Page 1 of 46 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading?

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Supernatural/horror/post-apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default What are you reading?

I'm currently reading The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón, and even though I'm not even halfway I can honestly say it's an AMAZING book. It's beautiful and really does make you want to read on and on.

It's about this kid. Daniel, who's dad one day brings him to the Cemetery of Forgotten Books where he gets to pick one book to 'adopt', so that it will never be forgotten again. He picks The Shadow of the Wind written by a fairly unknown author named Julián Carax. Daniel can't tell anyone about this secret place and he has to protect the book for life. As he starts to read the book, he's intrigued by it's author and he wants to know more about him and find more books written by him, but that turns out to be rather difficult. And as he tries to find out more about this mysterious Julián Carax, he discovers that a lot of people he meet in his life resemble the characters from The Shadow of the Wind...

So, what're you reading?
    -Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes-

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/jaraiya2884/things21.png

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm currently reading (very slowly) The Three Kingdoms saga (China's Iliad, basically) and a steampunk urban fantasy novel called Perdido Street Station.

The former is about the Three Kingdoms Era of China's history.

The latter is about a rogue scientist attempting to restore the wings of a creature called a Garudah, who apparently committed a crime so heinous that no human equivalent exists, and tore off his own wings as punishment. It also follows a sculptor named Lin, a khepri (red-skinned humanoid with a scarab beetle for a head) who is commissioned by a revolting mob boss to sculpt a statue in his likeness. In the process, this larvae shows up somewhere (I haven't gotten that far yet) that feeds on a hallucinogenic drug. Eventually, it matures and...goes on a rampage or something.

It's neat. If you like gritty, urban novels and/or steampunk, I recommend it. It's one in a series of three, but they can all be read independently of one another.
    After all is said and done, more is said than done.

It's a biiiig mistake to allow any mechanical object to realize that you are in a hurry.

Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Currently it is 'The Hang Man' by I don't remember who. It's been really good for now, very interesting to get the perspective of an SS Ubersturmbannfuhrer during the second world war. You really get a strange perspective of how they thought back then, and how everyone got manipulated by Hitler's charisma and Goebels' propaganda.

Also simply in English class I am reading Pride and Prejudice on my own, which is quite interesting though it hasn't entirely sparked my full interest yet. With the class we are reading 'Men's Search of Meaning' which also has a background of the Holocaust and it's been very interesting so far.

And then on and off I am reading The Picture of Dorian Gray, which has been very good as well. Very dark with a lot of description and since it is an older book the wording is very unique, a very nice look into their way of writing I think.

Demonic Princess
    I LIKE: General, Fantasy but not scifi, Romance, I love to love, I love school RPs too!
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Currently reading The Last Will of Moira Leahy by Therese Walsh. Only half way through but it's about a girl and her twin who I think might have died but Idk yet! So good!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Demonata Series - By: Darren Shan
    FORMERLY KNOWN AS: drskeletor1
    Spoiler: Roleplays 

All of them
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

The thread question... Obvious no?
    Blackus Jackus the Eighteenth, Lord of the Apocalypse, Lord of Despair, King of Large and
    Unmentionable Monsters, Unholy Space Pope of Jackism, Chief Administrator of the Feeding Pits of Malgor the World Eater, Margrave Presumptive of the Holy Roman Empire, Chief Justricar of the Free Companies, Grand Maester of the Cowboy Space Pirate Robot Ninjas, Heir to the Duchy of Cheese and Quackers, Countess of the Space Truckers of America, Janitor of the International Space Station, Duke of Disneyland, Baron of Boredom, Court Jester to the Courts of Wrath, Princess of Procrastination, Exchequer Extraordinaire, Chancellor of Chamber Pots, High Steward of Shai Hulud, Marshal of Muffins, Constable of Confections, Admiral of Admiration, Knighted Hobo of Estonia, Slayer of Hutts, Esquire, Lord of the Dance. Prime Menistor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Stand - Stephen King (complete Edition)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Calderthepirate View Post
    The Stand - Stephen King (complete Edition)
    Lol I was just reading that!

All of them
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Clouds, Magica Chronicles. Interesting stuffs.
    Blackus Jackus the Eighteenth, Lord of the Apocalypse, Lord of Despair, King of Large and
    Unmentionable Monsters, Unholy Space Pope of Jackism, Chief Administrator of the Feeding Pits of Malgor the World Eater, Margrave Presumptive of the Holy Roman Empire, Chief Justricar of the Free Companies, Grand Maester of the Cowboy Space Pirate Robot Ninjas, Heir to the Duchy of Cheese and Quackers, Countess of the Space Truckers of America, Janitor of the International Space Station, Duke of Disneyland, Baron of Boredom, Court Jester to the Courts of Wrath, Princess of Procrastination, Exchequer Extraordinaire, Chancellor of Chamber Pots, High Steward of Shai Hulud, Marshal of Muffins, Constable of Confections, Admiral of Admiration, Knighted Hobo of Estonia, Slayer of Hutts, Esquire, Lord of the Dance. Prime Menistor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Haha, thanks.

Page 1 of 46 123 ... LastLast