Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M]Dead Man's Tale OOC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default [M]Dead Man's Tale OOC

Rated R for potential scenes of sexuality, violence, alcohol, drugs, language, etc.

It is the year 1851, and tensions have been rising in the West. Many travelers have been hearing tales of great gold hidden all across the lands. Poor men have been turned rich overnight by hitting a new vane of the natural resource across the lands. The tales passed mouth to mouth have increased congestion and traffic from the Eastern colonies to the uncivilized West. Due to the new demand, houses and stores have been built scantily along the long roads crossing the Western plains. As more and more travelers make their way to the West, tales of gold have been drying up. However there remain those who search far and wide, hoping to strike a foundation, and live rich.

By Muramasa

Cowboys ride the Western landscape freely, doing as they please. Be that good for the people they come across, or for their own selfish needs. The ongoing battle against the native american savages still faces those that brave the harsh wilderness for long periods of time, though a few natives have been incorporating themselves into the settlements that have popped up across the West Coast. Some of these men have become cowboys themselves, others own ranches, or work in small stores. Also in this time, Western hemisphere pirates were still at large. From Jean LeFitte to Blackbeard, there was still a heavy influence of robbin' and stealin' in the seas and on the marshy lands near their shores.

Spoiler: Map of the surrounding areas 

I will give this warning right now. The wild west was a very dangerous place. Just traveling from town to another was risking death, from the hazards of the wilderness, ambush, attack, etc. Characters in this RP are very likely to succumb to an early end. I am okay with you creating a new character if yours dies, I'm just giving a warning that it may and likely will happen. It's one of the risks of adventure, otherwise everyone would be a rich cowboy.

The Characters:

Your options for characters are pretty open. I have a few examples that you can use, but if you have your own idea, PM me and we can work it out. Cowboys are aplenty, there are Natives living in Fort Joachim, as well as those in the wilderness. Lawmen will be necessary eventually, and you may also play as a pirate. Pirate characters please PM me for a piece of information about your CS. There will also be another character type that will become open later in the RP that will remain a secret to the players for now.

The beginning of the story revolves around Fort Joachim and Little Peking. You will either begin in this town or heading toward it. It's a fairly small town, but has all the necessary amenities. A two-story saloon/cathouse, a general store, a sheriff's shack fitted with 3 jail cells, and a doctor's office. A small ranch operates on Little Peking land. Fort Joachim is less than a day's journey on foot to the ocean, just over half a day on horse.

Pirate/Indian characters, please PM me for important info before posting your CS.

Character Sheet:

Name:
    Description:
    Occupation, if applicable:
    Weapons(this is faction relevant. I don't know of any cowboys that used cutlasses):
    Personality:
    Bio:

Rules:

All general RPA rules apply, o' course.

I am GM, what I say is law. If you have an issue with it, PM me and we can discuss my reasons and yours, and come to some kind of an agreement. Please don't let stupid stuff like this become a bother in the OOC thread, nobody wants to read that.

No Godmodding.

No Metagaming.

I'm okay with people not posting regularly, but please let me know if you'll be gone for more than a week.

I don't ask for professional novelists, but please no txtspeek, and keep spelling errors to a minimum. We all have access to spellcheck in some form or another.

I don't like putting rules on post length, but two paragraphs shouldn't be too hard to meet. It'll keep things from becoming stagnant.

Please don't kill off other players without consent. That's just a dick move.

As I said, there will be a new character type up later on in the RP, and if anyone who already has a character wants that they can create a new one. As of right now, I will only accept two characters per player. This may or may not change in the future.

Try to have the most fun possible.

Time Period Notes:
    You don't have to be incredibly knowledgeable of the 19th century to participate. I do expect some general common sense. No spaceships, cars, radios, cell phones, TVs, air conditioning, et cetera. Otherwise, this is a work of fiction, we can bend the reality a little bit.

Horses were the most common form of travel, although the wealthy often used carriages or wagons. There were also many railways opening up running across the continent.

Spoiler: Railroads and Overland Mail circa 1850 

Weapon Options(other ideas you may have will likely work well):

COWBOYS:
    Survival Knife
    .41 Caliber Pistols
    Repeating Rifles
    Revolvers
    Lasso

INDIANS:
    Knife
    Bow and Arrow
    War Club
    Tomahawk
    Lance

PIRATES:
    Daggers
    Flintlock Pistols
    Muskets
    Blunderbuss
    Cutlass

Questions? Feel free to ask.
    Last edited by The Wulfe; 05-02-2012 at 07:18 PM.
    Fancy experiencing the Wild West? Dead Man's End OOC
    https://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29578

Vixen of the Heart
    Where reality clashes with the dream world
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, though a really good plot goes a long way with team work. But fantasy still rules it all :)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Gabriela Nascha Cavallero

Weapon: Winchester Rifle, large bone handle knife passed down from her Apache grandfather, 4 throwing knives.

Occupation: Owner of 'Cavallero Horse Ranch" and assistant to the doctor using natural remedies

Appearance: Being 1/2 Lakota and Spanish; Gabriela looked much like her tanned mother, and a spanish beauty. Deep honey colored eyes could entrap many a lonely man if she ever let them get that close to her. Long dark black hair draped to her waist which only accentuated the curves of her slender body. Because of looking little more Spanish she had in the past faced little trouble from others who feel she deserves to be treated like any other Indian they come across. Being a horse trainer she wore mostly lace-up riding boots, riding skirts or pants and vests that enhanced her large chest; long sleeve blouses in the cold harsh winters.
    Spoiler: Gabriela 

Spoiler: Team of horses 

Personality: Strong spirited, Gabriela is all about her work…horses being better than men anyways until proven otherwise. Not afraid of taking matters into her own hands when it came to protecting her land she did have a soft, kind, understanding side that shows when she speaks in her easy-going manner. Her favorite place to be is in a saddle though she wouldn’t turn down a dinner and dance in the big city if asked just right just to have an excuse of dusting off her fine gowns stored in the closet.

Bio: Gabriela was the only child of well-known Horse Breeder Raphael Cavallero who had one of the most powerful breeding estates along the east coast. Her mother a strong, kind Lakota woman who knew how to tame the wildest of stallions with the softest touch. They always said she had her mother's enchanting voice, and her father's strength and spirit. Having attended the finest finishing schools in Spain, the young woman returned to her family in America at the age of 17. Where she spent another year under her father’s close watch learning about the family’s strong business, as well as her mother's healing skills, some customs and native tongue. Spending every free hour she could helping to tame any new horse that the men couldn’t subdue. But her spirit and keen intellect finally convinced her parents to let her claim her own life in the west, working as a ranch hand in the beginning. Soon after buying a large 70 acre piece of land right in eye sight of town knows as the best trainer around. Though for being so independant she was subjected to the weekly letters from her parents with the oh so subtle hints to take on a husband soon.
    Last edited by Setsa; 04-30-2012 at 02:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You know I'm up for a gritty western! However I'm off to sleep right now so will be a while with a CS. I'll edit this post to the CS as soon as I've made it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The map was fixed. It's still a little small, but if you open it up in a new tab or window and zoom in on it, the resolution is high enough that the words are still very legible.

Psychological, Dark Fantasy.
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

If you’re looking for more players, don’t forget to make use of all the features that RPA has to offer. You can submit your game to the Roleplaying Games Directory here and if you post here, you can ask the Staff to advertise your roleplay in their signatures.

Most importantly, make sure to apply for Roleplay of the Week!

Queen of Awesome
    Horror, Fantasy, Love
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)

Spoiler: Looking for a Roleplay? Just click it! 

Help us Help you! Vote for RPA -Daily!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Awesome! Hopefully we can get this off the ground, now.

As I was posting this very post...I scrolled down, and noticed "12 users browsing this thread," and my heart about jumped straight into my throat. How very enticing.

ANYTHING mature :)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Don't have time to fill out the sheet :p. Parental unit! I would love to join, though. Can I post it tomorrow?
    Thanks Hayabusa for the beautiful avatar and sig

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Of course! We're still waiting on Imp and Eqilita and Skipper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey! I'm starting to write my CS now. Should be posted in an hour or so!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast