Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-fi, fantasy, post-apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

A separate sheet for Lucia.

Username: Potatrobot
    Name: Lucia Lattore
    Codename: Daybreak
    Powers: Lucia can project beams and pulses of bright, white light to inflict damage. The 'light' is a combination of visible light radiation and a unique type of radiation that carries so much energy is can actually cause physical repulsion. As a result, the light is incredibly hot to the touch, causing burns with minor attacks and setting fire to materials like concrete with intense, powerful attacks. Lucia can only project light out of parts of her body through which she can focus her energy with physical gestures, namely her hands and feet. With this in mind, Lucia can use her light beams to propel herself through the air, allowing her to skate around just off the ground or taking to the sky. Producing the light drains on her energy, with more intense and frequent use eating away at her stamina.

Weapons: A set of technologically advanced gauntlets and boots with adjustable lenses on the palms and heels. The inside of the hands and feet are lined with refractor arrays that direct Lucia's light through the lenses, offering advanced focus and precision.
    Fighting Style: Lucia keeps her opponents at a distance and attacks by firing beams at singular targets or pulses at crowds.

Appearance: Lucia has long, straight, bone-white hair. Her eyes are a fiery orange, and her skin is tanned. She wears a white and orange combat uniform with a pixel camo pattern, along with her gauntlets and boots. She is also equipped with a pair of wraparound sunglasses (tinted orange), night vision goggles, radio communicator and a compact face mask.

Personality: Lucia is quick-thinking, strong-willed and vocal. She cares about her job as a means of helping others, and will take charge of a situation in a pinch if she needs to.

Backstory: Lucia and Darcy aren't twins, or even clones. They were once one girl named Angelina, who in all respects other than the colour of their hair and eyes and apparent superpowers, they were identical to. Due to a freak light show accident under the Aurora Borealis when she was 17, she was somehow split metaphysically into Lucia and Darcy — effectively her Yin and Yang. In Angelina, their powers cancelled each other out and thus were not present, but in two separate bodies, they became prevalent.

This miracle of science was not a private event, however. The tale of the so-called 'Aurora Twins' spread like a shockwave, bringing Lucia and Darcy well into the public spotlight by the time they arrived at the hospital from the incident. While her parents (who were not superheroes themselves) tried to come to terms with the situation, the media hounds were trying to come to terms with hospital security. DNA tests confirmed that both girls were genetically identical to Angelina, and both had her memories and personality — there were just two of her, now.

When it came time to check out of the hospital, the whole family was assaulted by a barrage of flashing cameras and pressing questions that awaited them by the front of the building. Among the ecstatic crowd, however, was a man in a dark suit and impenetrable black sunglasses. He took the family into what looked like a government car and drove them away from the crowd.

They were given a clearer picture of what had happened by the agent. He explained what happened to Angelina, and what was to happen now that it had happened. Both girls would soon find themselves subject to an array of super-human abilities, and so had to be enrolled at Sky High. They were given two months to adjust to their situation and realise their powers before being enrolled. During that time, they looked online for names for themselves, since both decided that neither were the original Angelina.

After they completed their education at Sky High, they joined the SPA, under the agent's advisement. They have since then become very capable and high-ranking members of the organisation.

Other Notes: Lucia and Darcy, after being split from Angelina, shared the same memories and personality and by extension were effectively identical in that regard. However in the years that followed they were exposed to different situations and therefore have both splintered from their original, shared identity.

Spoiler: Old sheet 

So the sheet on the previous page has shown you the absolute pinnacle of my creativity, going into an anime face generator and creating the same face twice but with black and white features respectively. You can imagine the complexity and uniqueness of their detailed and flawed personalities when I decided to save those images.

Jokes aside, they weren't my most creative asset. I even imagined that their powers, despite being based off light and shadow, functioned the exact same way, because why start making sense now? Yes truly, these characters had no place in a roleplay. I let them sit in this thread in that state for a long time.

Until I was given a college assignment where I had to design and model a superhero character. 'Hey!' I thought. 'I love reusing my characters, so why don't I give them a shot?' My teacher told us that we had to think of their powers and their backstories carefully, since that's a crucial element in character design. This led to a period of deep pondering that I normally devote to my characters to develop them; one that I neglected to give Lucia and Darcy. In this time I decided that they couldn't just be black and white (metaphor hueha). Their powers needed an update. Lucia's powers remained mostly the same in terms of function, in that she fired beams and pulses of light. I expanded upon it though, giving it the power to heat things up and burn them if used with enough intensity. I imagine that the light she attacks with is very hot, causing damage when used at regular strength and outright burning and melting targets when used with enough power. Out of the two, Lucia's powers are more for offence than anything else, with very long range, virtually no travel time and plenty of damage potential. With fire being Lucia's secondary power, I integrated it into her design. Her white clothes now have orange flames as decoration, and her eyes are a fiery orange.
    Last edited by Potatrobot; 02-06-2015 at 04:44 AM.
    Spoiler: More from Tate 

Member of the Month
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

And one for Darcy.

Name: Darcy Lattore
    Codename: Nightfall
    Powers: Darcy can summon physical constructs made out of what is best described as solid shadows, and control their movement remotely. She can shape them into rudimentary forms like tendrils, dishes, loops, planes and combinations thereof. Not much is known about the physical makeup of the constructs other than their similarities to normal shadows: they must be rooted in some form of shadow or shade — the darker the better — and they become weak and thin under strong light. They are also ice cold, capable of leaving layers of frost on anything they touch. Darcy controls the shadows through physical gestures, although for very basic manoeuvres the required gestures are so subtle they're hardly noticeable. Darcy can use the constructs to move herself around, either carrying herself along the ground or flinging herself through the air and catching herself. Creating and moving the constructs drains her stamina.

Weapons: A set of technologically advanced gauntlets and boots. Some of the bulk is hollowed out into a set of narrow tubes that are open to the outside of the gauntlets and boots. There are partial barriers along the length of the tubes, ensuring that there is some strong shadow inside them. Darcy can root her shadow constructs in these tubes instead of relying on the environment to prove some. They also allow her to carry herself with them easier.
    Fighting Style: Darcy engages her opponents at a distance by attacking with shadows. She also uses them for defence, as they can be used to form bubbles or shields. If she can, she will target sources of light to darken the environment and make her constructs stronger.

Appearance: Darcy has long, straight, pitch-black hair. Her eyes are an icy blue, and her skin is pale. She wears a black and blue combat uniform with a pixel camo pattern, along with her gauntlets and boots. She is also equipped with a pair of wraparound sunglasses (tinted blue), night vision goggles, radio communicator and a compact face mask.

Personality: Darcy is quick-thinking, devious, and often rather quiet. She enjoys her job as an opportunity to take down various targets, and enjoys outsmarting them to gain the upper hand in combat.

Backstory: Lucia and Darcy aren't twins, or even clones. They were once one girl named Angelina, who in all respects other than the colour of their hair and eyes and apparent superpowers, they were identical to. Due to a freak light show accident under the Aurora Borealis when she was 17, she was somehow split metaphysically into Lucia and Darcy — effectively her Yin and Yang. In Angelina, their powers cancelled each other out and thus were not present, but in two separate bodies, they became prevalent.

This miracle of science was not a private event, however. The tale of the so-called 'Aurora Twins' spread like a shockwave, bringing Lucia and Darcy well into the public spotlight by the time they arrived at the hospital from the incident. While her parents (who were not superheroes themselves) tried to come to terms with the situation, the media hounds were trying to come to terms with hospital security. DNA tests confirmed that both girls were genetically identical to Angelina, and both had her memories and personality — there were just two of her, now.

When it came time to check out of the hospital, the whole family was assaulted by a barrage of flashing cameras and pressing questions that awaited them by the front of the building. Among the ecstatic crowd, however, was a man in a dark suit and impenetrable black sunglasses. He took the family into what looked like a government car and drove them away from the crowd.

They were given a clearer picture of what had happened by the agent. He explained what happened to Angelina, and what was to happen now that it had happened. Both girls would soon find themselves subject to an array of super-human abilities, and so had to be enrolled at Sky High. They were given two months to adjust to their situation and realise their powers before being enrolled. During that time, they looked online for names for themselves, since both decided that neither were the original Angelina.

After they completed their education at Sky High, they joined the SPA, under the agent's advisement. They have since then become very capable and high-ranking members of the organisation.

Other Notes: Lucia and Darcy, after being split from Angelina, shared the same memories and personality and by extension were effectively identical in that regard. However in the years that followed they were exposed to different situations and therefore have both splintered from their original, shared identity.

Spoiler: Old sheet 

Every time I do something for Lucia and Darcy, it's always a duplication of effort. Two sheets nearly identical but with minor changes, the same design with with different colours, the same model but with different textures. Well, not this time. I'm splitting up the commentary between these sheets.

So Darcy's powers needed to be changed. They couldn't behave like Lucia's light powers so they needed their own function. I eventually settled on a physical construct idea. My sister reminded me that the dark blobs seen in Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away are a good reference point for the kind of visual I have in mind. She can form these constructs out of nearby shadows and attack with them, similar to waterbending. The constructs are incredibly cold, and if used with enough intensity, the shadows can start to cool things down and freeze them. Hence, Darcy has a blue ice motif to colour in her bland appearance. Out of the two, Darcy's powers have far more defensive strength. They can't reach as far as Lucia's power, they can be used to block attacks, and they have far more utility in moving and hitting other objects.

The personalities of the girls has to be considered, because ever since their conception I felt it appropriate to say that they had the exact same personality, having been split from the same person. And frankly, I still maintain that view. Twins are not a rare concept for characters and you often get perfect Yins and Yangs in regards to their personality. That's been done so many times that to me, keeping the identities the same was the unique option. It was only their bodies that were split, not their minds, so their identities remain the same. However they did eventually diverge from each other, as seen here. They're not opposites, and if confronted with the same situation they will come to the same conclusion, but they will react to it differently. So at their core they still think the same, but they've branched out in different ways.

Anyway, I completed the college project of modelling these characters, and I created a blog entry with all the results, which you can find here. https://role-player.net/forum/entry.php?b=10546
    Last edited by Potatrobot; 02-11-2015 at 11:11 PM.

Member of the Month
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Character Name: Michaela
    Character Age & Gender: 23 and female
    Appearance: Michaela has fair skin, an oval-shaped face, and bronze hair that she ties back into a bun. Her eyes are a green-grey.
    Bio & history: Michaela was born near-sighted, requiring her to wear correctively lenses for all of her life. Since the only glasses she could wear were just found around the Mojave, they weren't designed to suit her eyes. This led her to learn how light refracts through glass, eventually allowing her to produce her own glasses. This also sparked her interest in laser-based weapons. However, they were never the most powerful weapons, even if they did get her out od dodge plenty of times, so she decided to create her own variant. Collecting weapons and modifications from all over the Mojave, she combined them into single, permanent weapons, which she carries with her wherever she goes.
    Weapons: A heavily modified, custom-built AER9 laser rifle that fires violet beams. It is built with focus optics, a hi-cap terminal, a HD capacitor and a scope. Michaela has manufactured several removable beam-splitting modifications, which can split the beam into 2, 3 or 9 separate beams.
    A similarly modified custom-built AEP7 laser pistol that also fires violet beams. It is built with focus optics, a recycler, and a set or iron sights. Michaela has also built a removable beam splitter that can split the beam into 9 separate ones.
    Faction: Independent
    Other: During her search for components for her weapons, Michaela came across a suit of Chinese stealth armour, lying out in the open, in a restricted access room, inside an NCR stronghold. Unfortunately the armour plates had been stripped off it, but Michaela felt her resourceful spirit kick in and decided to 'liberate' it from the people who obviously had no use for such an article. She was wearing a trench coat at the time, so she put the armour on under her clothes and walked straight out of the Stronghold. She later forged replacement armour plates out of metal 'liberated' from a group of robots in New Vegas Steel. The plates were tempered until they took on a purple hue, giving them great durability, and she polished them to a mirror-like shine. She still wears a trench coat over it, since it's hardly subtle, but when she needs to sneak around quietly, she has the means.

Spoiler: Old Sheet 

I've been revisiting a lot of old character sheets and revising them. This is because a friend of mine told me that I will develop skills better if I bring my mind back to them with some consistency. I've decided to come back to a lot of my old characters and give them updates to make them better characters. Michaela is one that sorely needed it. She serves as a vent for my obsession with laser weapons in Fallout New Vegas, and what better way to do that than to give her literally every single unique variant and modification?

Like I said, it was sorely needed. I decided to forgo worshipping the different variants and made my own. They essentially combine the unique aspects of various weapons and modifications into single weapons. While probably not any less OP, they have a personal touch and it makes far more sense to say that she carries two weapons instead of seven. I like the idea of making the beam splitters exchangeable, since it means I don't have to choose one method of beam splitting to use with the weapons. I also touched up Michaela's backstory (so that, again, it makes more sense) and her choice of armour. So far her personality is pretty much a blank, but that might change if she gets into another roleplay.

Inspiration: None.
    Last edited by Potatrobot; 07-29-2014 at 02:00 AM.

Member of the Month
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Name: Drake
    Race: Wizard
    Appearance: Drake has red hair. Really man, scarlet. It sticks out the front like a fringe. His skin has an orange hue, like how Princess Bubblegum has a pink hue to her skin. He wears a red and yellow tudor with bronze metal pauldrons, vambraces, and greaves (look them up in Google images if you have no idea what those are). On his right hand he wears a thick gold ring with three red gems set on the top, and he has a bronze-bladed sword strapped to his waist.
    Special Abilities: Drake is a fire wizard, so he can manipulate fire, duh! He can cast fire magic and spells like flame shields or just make fire appear and do what he wants. He also has another method of manipulating fire, which is through his ring. This ring is magic, and its magical element is fire. It can absorb the heat and energy of fire, so Drake can pass through flames unhurt while his ring soaks up the power. He can then use this fire energy later on, when he needs it. He can release the energy and cast fire without having to cast a spell, and nothing else, really. But it can't hold infinite energy. It can hold a lot, but too much will cause it to burst, unleashing a fireball large enough to wipe out a decent portion of Ooo, because that's how much energy would have to be stored in the ring in order for it to burst.
    Personality: Drake is a fun guy, and since he's also a young wizard that means that he sometimes causes trouble with his fire magic. He sticks to his duties, though, and takes important jobs seriously, kind of like a prince. He's curious about all the secret clubs in Wizard City, having learned the password "wizards rule" when he was just starting to train. He's single, too. Did I mention that? Single young wizard lookin' for a hot babe, so line up ladies.
    Bio: Drake grew up on the fringes of the Fire Kingdom, which helped with his fiery education of magic. It also meant that he and his family stayed on friendly terms with subjects of that kingdom, as well as neighbouring kingdoms. Drake received a power ring from the forest wizard when he was walking through the forest once. Because he was such a nice kid and "because nobody else wants it", the forest wizard gave Drake a fire power ring.
    Using that ring to store energy and aid him in his wizard studies, Drake became a very accomplished fire wizard, and began asking around the Fire Kingdom for work. His ring protects him from the intense heat of the Kingdom's lands much like a flame shield. On one such venture into the stove-like place, Drake was approached by a noble of the Fire King, and told that an audience with the King himself was imperative. Since Finn and Jake had disappeared, the Flame King wanted Drake to keep an eye on Flame Princess, and make sure she doesn't "fall into the wrong arms". Drake has then become the Princess's part-time bodyguard.
    Other: Drake has a pet fire wolf. He's pretty big, big enough to ride on sometimes, but Drake hasn't thought of a name for him yet. He just calls him 'boy'.

Drake is a character I've had in mind for ages. Adventure Time is just plain awesome, mainly for its ability to make its viewers cry out "WTF?!"
    But really, it's awesome. There's a load of fire things in that place, including a very subtle magical item which I noticed and plonked right into this character.

Inspiration: I imagine he looks like Prince Gumball, because I can't imagine an original face for this character.
    Last edited by Potatrobot; 07-29-2014 at 04:05 AM.

Member of the Month
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

[Deleted]
    Last edited by Potatrobot; 03-07-2018 at 12:30 PM.

Member of the Month
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

[Deleted]
    Last edited by Potatrobot; 03-07-2018 at 12:30 PM.

Member of the Month
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Now, I give you something that has no origin in any roleplay.

Name: It has none. But the species is often called the Diamond Dragon.

Physical description: The diamond dragon is a mythical beast composed entirely of pure diamonds and gemstones. In its most basic form, it resembles a lithe quadruped not unlike a wolf or dog. In its more advanced forms, its back arches above its shoulders, its body thickens in every area, its tail grows in length, its neck extends, horns and crests grow all over its head and spine, and it will eventually grow other limbs, prioritising a set of wings before others. In every form, however, it is clad in a carapace of diamond armour, with ridges along the length of the spine. Its eyes burn with the intensity of a forest fire, and when it opens its mouth, an intense, yellow-white flame burns like a jet turbine at the back of its throat (if you've seen the Balrog in the Lord of the Rings, that's what I imagine its throat and eyes look like).

Further description: The anatomy of the beast is simple. It is made entirely of raw, superheated carbon, with a carapace of that superheated carbon forming its outermost layer. The inside of its torso is hollow, like a single, enormous stomach. There is only one way into or out of that stomach and it is through the mouth. Inside, there is massive heat and pressure, capable of reducing anything put inside it to its core minerals. With this in mind, the Diamond Dragon is known for eating literally everything.

How the beast thrives is not through eating food but by absorbing pure minerals through the inside of its body, and using them to grow. It eats anything it can fit in its mouth, whereupon it is subsequently melted or burnt into it purest state, becoming a pool of white-hot liquid minerals. It then absorbs this liquid into its body, using the minerals to grow the gemstones that its body is made of. Rather than become just a bigger creature, the Diamond Dragon builds upon its form by growing more body parts. First, it will bulk itself up by thickening its carapace or stretching the existing pieces. It will then grow extensions to numerous parts of its body, such as razor-sharp crests, additional talons, and larger body parts like its tail, neck, and limbs. All the while, it grows bigger and bigger as it continues to eat. Once it reaches a suitable stature, it will grow a pair of wings, with membranes of thin sheets of diamond. By this point, the beast has fully assumed the shape of a dragon, but it will not stop there. It may retain its size in exchange for additional sets of limbs, or it may just continue to grow.

The Diamond Dragon will always continue to eat when it is possible. Its instincts compel it to eat and grow constantly to overcome anything that could pose as a threat, and as it grows bigger, the amount of matter it consumes increases. It may start out by devouring small rocks, mouthfuls of soil and other animals, but by the time it is large enough to assume its dragon shape it will be consuming whole boulders, mouthfuls of stone and soil bitten straight off a mountain, and entire forests of trees in order to provide the raw material it needs to grow. Everything it eats brews in the concoction of liquid minerals in its stomach, before it is absorbed, or dispelled as a form of attack. Since the liquid not only contains carbon but a plethora of other minerals and metals, the Diamond Dragon will often use them to form body parts made out of precious gemstones or even metal, if so it wishes. Some individuals coat themselves in assorted, colourful gemstone armours like ruby, topaz, amethyst, garnet, and emerald. Others sometimes alloy the metals into their armours to make them stronger, though it dulls the brilliance of the gemstones and gives it a more metallic appearance.

Behaviour: While the dragons are compelled to eat and grow to massive proportions, they may find the need to become small again, such as when they are trapped by a (God forbid) larger threat. They can shed the layers of their bodies until they are as small as they started out, but within the giant shed carapace they used to wear, they are perfectly safe until the threat has passed or it find a means of escape. They often eat the pieces to recycle the pure minerals and grow into a different shape, if need be.

The Diamond Dragons are perfectly capable of surviving in magma. In fact, they relish it, since it is just molten rock. They can outright drink it and immediately grow from it, so many Diamond Dragons tend to dwell near volcanic areas. If large enough, one might attempt to devour a volcano.

While the creatures continually eat and grow, they do reach a point where they are confident that they cannot be preyed upon. This is often when they reach the size of a mountain. Without the need to eat, the dragon will simply go to sleep for years on end, sometimes becoming buried beneath landslides, snowstorms, or sandstorms and they eventually become a part of the landscape. Hills seem to form on top of them, and they feel nothing as they sleep. Only when they are disturbed do they become active again, digging themselves out from whatever buried them and roaming the world around them. Many battles fought over a sleeping Diamond Dragon have ended with the beast wiping out both armies.

Since the beast is simply called a Diamond 'Dragon', many have been astounded to find that it is not limited to that shape in its developed form. By shedding its carapace and growing anew, the creature is capable of taking almost any shape. One was found to have assumed the shape of an enormous turtle to cross an ocean. Another took the shape of a giant snake and, with a carapace of coloured gems arranged into a rainbow, shaped the land of a southern country.* One shaped itself to become a large humanoid, with a gash in its chest sealed with a short band. After doing favours for some humans, it turned into an issue when it began causing damage.**

The Diamond Dragons rarely breed, if at all. They appear to have no distinct sexes, but rather they reproduce asexually. One might simply be born of the contents of another's stomach, if the mineral content is high and varied enough. This is a rare occurrence, nonetheless. Once it takes a suitable shape and size, its parent lowers its head and allows the young to crawl out of its mouth. It then roams on its own. If the parent is incredibly large, the young will emerge in an advanced shape and size.

Because Diamond Dragons are so fierce, defensive and able to regenerate, there are only a few ways to kill them. One must stop them from being able to regenerate, either by causing enough damage to it that it exhausts its supply of liquid minerals so that it can't regrow its body, or by cracking open its torso and spilling out its molten contents. With no sustenance, the dragon will be unable to regenerate itself and then die.

This sheet didn't turn out how I thought it would. I was hoping that it would come off as a description of an individual, but I ended up giving a lecture on the entire race. Damn.

This creature is what I have in mind for the next Deadmatch tournament. Huntsman is my other option, but I really want to implement this creature and see where I go. What creative ways of injuring a creature made of diamonds will the opponents implement? I'm also curious as to how it would spend its time during combat. Would it start tearing up the opponents right away, or burrow underground and start eating dirt until it's three times its original size?

How I actually came up with this one was entirely through daydreaming. I imagined, at first, myself being turned into the hound-shaped form of the creature, but then it lost my personality and started to dwell in a rubbish tip. It would eat loads of garbage, melt/burn it into its pure minerals, and either grow bigger like how I described above or spew out precious gems. Then it grew wings and took to other countries, wrecking shit up there as well. Then I decided to write it all down, because things started to get pretty crazy.

*That's a reference to the Rainbow Serpent, a creature in Aboriginal Dreaming that shaped the land with its massive body.
    ** And that's a reference to the Golem, an object in Jewish folklore that often has a gash in its chest held together by a seal in its artistic representations.

Also to note, I imagined that this creature would exist in the same realm as Huntsman. Rather than attempt to kill them when they approach the village, the hunters would have to divert it and lead it away. Azazeal, Jacagos, Pheonix and Alicemalice would know what would happen if one ate Huntsman's shotgun...

Quote Originally Posted by Azazeal849 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Potatrobot
    Also to note, I imagined that this creature would exist in the same realm as Huntsman. Rather than attempt to kill them when they approach the village, the hunters would have to divert it and lead it away. Azazeal, Jacagos, Pheonix and Alicemalice would know what would happen if one ate Huntsman's shotgun...

You have an interesting mind, Spud.
    Last edited by Potatrobot; 07-30-2013 at 10:55 AM.

Member of the Month
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

UserName: Potatrobot
    Player Name: Samuel D. McSanders
    Player appearance:
    Spoiler:  

Player weapon: His trusty umbrella.
    Player weapon power: His umbrella has no powers, but...
    Player Power: Metal manipulation. Samuel has the ability to bend, stretch, shape, and move metals with very little effort. He uses this on his umbrella to turn it into a giant articulated claw, or a massive set of spider-like legs that he hangs from, or even a kind of grappling hook. The shaft of the umbrella can stretch and bend like rope without threatening its durability, giving it massive range. The ribs of the umbrella can also stretch to great lengths, and at command can form new joints to make them more articulated.
    Player Class: Detective.

I've had this guy in mind for a very long time, and even back then I had decided that he would be my next Deadmatch character. However after I joined, I realised that I didn't have time to get into this new character so I submitted The Storyteller because I already had experience playing as him.

I haven't seen any film noir, which is bad because that's exactly where this character belongs. Maybe I could look up some scenes on Youtube to get a feel for how these people interact with each other.

Inspiration: What little I know of film noir, as well as Sam Diamond from Murder by Death, which is a spoof movie about parodies of famous detectives being trapped in a mansion and witnessing a murder that didn't make any sense. Sam Diamond was a parody of some film noir detective.

My idea for the umbrella came from me using my umbrella. It's one of those cheap umbrellas that folds in on itself several times so you can fit it in your bag, and as such it's broken in several places. I imagined the ribs of the umbrella growing and articulating into massive spider legs and claws, and viola.
    Last edited by Potatrobot; 07-29-2014 at 04:09 AM.

Member of the Month
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Character Name: Krista
    Archetype: Wraith
    Weapon Specialization: Walther police pistol cross bonesaw, and another one.
    Spoiler: Forgive the dodgy outline 

Personality: Refined, only moderately compassionate, and somewhat emotionally detached. Traits of the Nazi regime are still present.
    Past Life: Krista was a nurse serving the Third Reich in the second world war, and was herself involved in the widespread euthanasia programs that the Fuehrer initiated. The taking of lives 'unworthy of life' came naturally to her in both theory and practise, and lead to her euthanising dozens of severely ill or handicapped soldiers on the battlefield. It was, after all, in the pursuit of releasing them from their suffering, and keeping seriously ill people alive was against the basic principles of nature.
    She was killed in action by a stray bullet during the downfall of the Third Reich.
    Visual references:
    Spoiler: This image contains Nazi imagery 

Krista is a favourite of mine. Let's not ignore the elephant in the room, she is a Nazi, or an ex-Nazi. Kinda. I chose this because the roleplay takes place in a form of afterlife where the souls of the dead are harvested from Earth and used to create Saintly Angels, effectively reincarnating the entity. One player made a character brought from a specific period in time, and following suit, I selected the only period in history that seems to interest me: that of the Third Reich.

I know that's really contentious, especially nowadays. What a slightly simpler time I created this character in. I was also met with slight resistance when I broached this character concept to the GM. However, once the sheet was finished, I was receiving praise for a job well-done, oddly enough. I even kept the praise in my signature on that old forum, which I will paste here.
    This actually seems like a pretty solid character from what I'm getting. — Kitty
    You've actually set up a very good character, Tate. — Terwynd

I should state for the record that I don't condone any practises or beliefs associated with the Nazi party, or the present-day's horrific reincarnation of it. My interest in Nazism is purely historic, and even then not strong enough for me to pick up a book about it.

Krista can also use magic, being an angel and a healer. Inspired by Epic Battle Fantasy 3, I produced a basic magic circle that she could use for her magic.
    Spoiler: It contains a swastika 

Inspiration: The idea of a spell-casting healer isn't a new one, but Natalie from the Epic Battle Fantasy games was my main inspiration, especially with the use of magic circles.
    Last edited by Potatrobot; 03-07-2018 at 12:41 PM.

Member of the Month
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

[Deleted]
    Last edited by Potatrobot; 03-07-2018 at 12:42 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast