Thread: Tate's favourite characters.

Member of the Month
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-fi, fantasy, post-apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Player: Potatrobot
    Prisoner number: 49-8750
    Prisoner name: Max Stone (Sometimes called Mad Max)
    Race: Android
    Sex: Male
    Favorite Food: 240 volts at 10 amps, with a 2 day battery life.
    Augments: Four arms.
    Description: Max occupies a matte-black, bulky humanoid frame, slightly larger than life, and built for heavy lifting. Two strong legs support his armoured hull while four powerful arms lift objects weighing as much as a tonne. His head resembles a skull without a lower jaw, with a crown-like row of squared ridges at the top of his forehead. His eyes are a pair of deep-set, red, glaring lights.

Conviction: Pre-armature deadlock: 4 cases of manslaughter; 5 cases of permanent injury; avoiding arrest, resulting in deadlock. Post-armature deadlock: 6 cases of manslaughter, resulting in death-sentence.
    Sentence: Permanent deactivation.
    Speciality: Physical labour.

Prisoner History: Max Stone, believe it or not, was once human; a very aggressive thug-type with an affinity for knives. Over the course of his life, he had built a resume that boasted a capacity for hired violence, and a criminal record that could attest. After committing the latest crimes to go on said record, he found himself on the run.

At the time, the colony he lived on was enjoying the presence of the New Light movement, wherein the sick, the dying, the homeless and the depressed had the option to upload their consciousnesses into a vast matrix, creating an artificial but tangle afterlife where they could exist free from the troubles of life. However, this included most of the population of the colony, and after criminals like Max began using it to escape punishment for their crimes, the colony's Corporation stepped in, abolishing the movement. Members who had transcended to the matrix were downloaded and housed in work robots of all types, ensuring that everyone was a functioning member of society, whether they liked it or not.

Max, not being particularly bright or skilled in anything useful, was given what amounted to a muscle robot and stationed in a warehouse, where he would lift and sort heavy shipping crates day in and out. After a brief adjustment period, Max became used to this new body and his lot in what would turn out to be a very long life, but old habits die hard. It was at that point that the Corporation realised that before they put convicted criminals into giant robot bodies with four arms, they should put measures in place to ensure their cooperation. Max was soon neutralised and his 'soul' was put on death row.

Mental status: Max is sane, though his violent tendencies survived the transition from his human body to his robotic one unscathed. Having willingly given up his mortal body to escape his crimes, Max is content with his new chassis. He even finds it exciting sometimes, when he could pick up a one-tonne shipping craft and lift it over his head. This can often cause him to get carried away.

Weapons: Three large, composite blades. Two knives, holstered in his lower-two arms, and a large sword, clipped onto his back. Each was built specifically for Max's use for the mission, and have thick, square hilts and segmented, trapezoidal blades.
    Personal Gear: A toolbox and numerous spare parts for performing repairs on himself, as well as a prison Omni.

Jeez, two new characters in a week. Max here is basically Adam on 'roids. Enigma's back with another sci-fi RP and Azazael is joining in, so it's like a reunion of our little troupe. One of the NPCs in this roleplay is basically an homage to Schizo, my first character on this site, though that does mean that I can't play as a reinvented version of him either. So my mind wandered to which character I could reuse for this roleplay, but then I decided against reusing one and went with a similar character instead. Adam, though I'm yet to update his sheet, is a human consciousness in a robot body, as per Max's bio. I decided to make Max part of this same series of robots so I could use that concept but with a much more suitable character.

Inspiration: The shared backstory of Adam and Max comes from an episode of Cowboy Bebop wherein something similar happens. A locked-in child founds the movement, and many flock to it, escaping their earthly worries. After seeing the episode, I thought of applying the idea to Schizo, and have him be not only a part of the movement, but a religious leader within it. Revised this way, he'd be a collection of the leaders stuffed into a single armature, called 'Schizo' as a cruel joke at their expense.
    Last edited by Potatrobot; 08-07-2016 at 07:09 AM.
    Spoiler: More from Tate 

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

I didn't know that Max was a revamp of one of your previous characters!

And yes, I'm sure it made perfect sense to them at the time to download a psychopath into a robot body, with no kind of restraining programming whatsoever... :P
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345