Thread: [PG-13] Jusenkyo Warriors

"We're living in a dream; an endless fantasy," ~Yohio ♥
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy and Parody/Fan-based RP; Be warned; I write *a lot*
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default [PG-13] Jusenkyo Warriors

We are STILL recruiting!
    If you're interested in joining, feel free! Simply read the necessary information from the [intimidatingly long] passages below, submit your CS, and kindly wait a few days for me to approve + draw your character before joining the fun. Be sure to catch up through the episodes section before posting~!

Banner made by me; All images belong to their rightful owners

Hello one and all! This RP is based off of the anime Ranma 1/2, but people who don't know the of Ranma 1/2 are welcome to join as well! If you don't know Ranma 1/2 and you're interested in joining, check the spoiler below. Those who do know Ranma 1/2, just skip on ahead :3 Sorry for writing so much! I hope that having all this information helps you out in the long run~!

Spoiler: About Ranma 1/2 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    STORY

The cursed springs of Jusenkyo have been growing in popularity after a young boy and his father used it as a training grounds. After hearing the story that Ranma Saotome told of it's terrible curse and his warnings not to go, a group of brave yet foolish people decided to defy him, you included. You and your companions all use the grounds for martial arts training of some sort, and by defying your tour guide you all end up falling into various pools, and just as Saotome warned, you're cursed! Scared out of your mind, you and the group find their way to a small dojo in what seemed the middle of no where, the Jusenkyo Dojo of the Cursed Art Style. The old woman running the dojo claims that she has the cure to the Jusenkyo curse, and that she'll hand it over on one condition... you and your companions become her pupils and an heir to her dojo is named. Now both competitors and peers, you and your group all begin to train under your new teacher, Chiharu-sensei.

Note: This RP takes place after the end of the anime/TV series and may or may not include hints of the manga series as prior events as well.

EPISODES

Spoiler: What are episodes (and intermissions)? 

Spoiler: EPISODES 

My goal right now is to get to 50 episodes! I hope to either raise it to 100, or to start a "second season" [a new RP] after reaching that goal. Please help me reach it and be dedicated to the RP~!

RULES

I apologize in advance for the intimidating length of the rules section. Fear not, however! For I have bolded and underlined all of the important things. If you'd like to zoom past this, just read the bold+underlined stuff! The rest of it is only important when it's relevant

Spoiler: RULES 

Repeat offenders of the rules will be kicked out of the school, thus kicked out of the RP.

SOMETHING GOOD TO KNOW

Like Rule #3 states, the entire RP is based on the Ranma 1/2 anime and it's world. This doesn't just mean that you're limited by the Romiko world, but it also means that you can do things just like the characters.

Spoiler: Cans 

Spoiler: Can'ts 

Spoiler: Maybes? 

FOR THE JUSENKYO CURSE: Even a little bit of water transforms you. Like Shampoo in episode 102 [at 11:16], however, you can touch water a LITTLE, TINY BIT without it transforming you. Just so that I don't get questions about it later...let's just agree that if your face gets wet, if at least 1/4 of your body is immersed in the water, or you're hit with water in a way that doesn't air dry in a matter of 60 seconds, then you transform. Water has to be at least warm in order to dispel the effects of cold-water transformation. Rather than get really technical about degrees F or C or whatever, we'll just agree that if you couldn't comfortably bathe in the water, it counts as cold, and that room temperature water counts as cold.

If there's any questions about what else you can and can't do within the Ranma 1/2 world, feel free to ask! I'll update this as questions get answered so that you know what you're able to do :3

THE SETTING

Currently, I'm working on a large minecraft project of Chiharu's house. It's still under construction, but here's what I have so far:

Spoiler: The Main Floor Plan 

You can see all the random specific things on this photobucket album I made. Eventually I'll be making a video that sends ya'll on a tour later :3

THE DIRECTORS OF THIS SHOW

CartelSaide [a.k.a. Victor] (formerly AshiraCartel) - Cartel is the guy mainly responsible for this whole sh-bang; in other words, he's your wonderful GM. He is quite friendly, and is willing to take any questions you may have via PM, VM, or right here in the OOC if needed. Also, apologies have been made in advance for the crazy amount of words he writes.

SparrowHawk [a.k.a. Spawk] (I'm totally kidding) - Sparrow is the amazing co-GM of Jusenkyo Warriors, and is literally just 99% as powerful as Cartel. If questions arise and Cartel isn't around, Sparrow's your guy. Also, Sparrow might be taking over and controlling the kick-ass Ranma 1/2 crew every once in a while, as well as Chiharu-sensei when drastic times call for drastic measures...don't ignore the posts when he does. Or report them to Cartel...he's not crazy, he's supposed to do that.

THE LOVELY CAST AND CREW

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    CHARACTER SHEET

NAME:
    REGULAR APPEARANCE: [please give a very detailed written description; I will draw a picture of your character for you when I have the time. Ref. pics are encouraged]
    MARTIAL ARTS STYLE:
    STRENGTHS:
    WEAKNESSES:
    SPECIAL TECHNIQUE: [Only 2. This doesn't mean you won't learn many more, but for now you only have 2]
    CURSE: [No two can be the same. Be creative and avoid using the curses in the show, and if someone already has the curse don't double down]
    CURSE APPEARANCE: [If I can draw this, I certainly will. I'd definitely appreciate a picture here, both for reference on my end and in the case that I can't draw it]
    BIO/PERSONALITY:

Spoiler: Q&A About Strengths/Weaknesses 

ACCEPTED CHARACTERS

Spoiler: Original Cast (CartelSaide) 

Spoiler: Chiharu-sensei (CartelSaide) 

Spoiler: Kira Nakamura (Enigma) 

Spoiler: Feng/Quan Zhiqiang (SparrowHawk) 

INACTIVE CHARACTERS

Spoiler: Shiro Masume (Miss Bear) 

RANDOM/OTHER INFO

My plan to prevent this RP from dying is to recruit a new character for every one that leaves/gets kicked out. So please, if you're planning on leaving for any reason, be sure to suggest a friend to me so that I can ask if they're interested in joining! Thank you :3

Last edited by CartelSaide; 10-25-2012 at 07:23 PM.

Spoiler: Need some RP advice? Click show~ 

Psychological, Dark Fantasy.
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I love how detailed the OOC is. Ranma 1/2 used to be one of my favourite animes~

If you’re looking for more players, don’t forget to make use of all the features that RPA has to offer. You can submit your game to the Roleplaying Games Directory here and if you post here, you can ask the Staff to advertise your roleplay in their signatures.

Most importantly, make sure to apply for Roleplay of the Week!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Why thank you I've submitted it to all three! haha Hopefully people soon come flocking to it lolz

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

For your consideration. Not very original, but I thought it would be fun! ^ _ ^

NAME: Kira Nakamura
    REGULAR APPEARANCE: This intimidating lady has slanted white eyes that are like two spheres of alabaster. Her luxurious, straight, very short hair is the color of burnished iron, and is worn in an attractive, precise style She is short and has a slender build. Her skin is brown. She has small hands.
    MARTIAL ARTS STYLE: Ninjitsu
    SPECIAL TECHNIQUE: Bitter Palm of the Fighter, Oblivion Sweep
    CURSE: Nannīchuan - Spring of Drowned Man
    CURSE APPEARANCE: This guy makes you think of a dangerous weapon. He has slitted blue eyes. His thick, curly, white hair is worn in a style that reminds you of a mysterious mask. He is tall and has a broad-shouldered build. His skin is cream-colored. He has small hands. His wardrobe is businesslike and strange, with a lot of black.
    BIO/PERSONALITY: When he discovered his young wife was pregnant, a very boastful Gorou told his clan and friends he would have a son - and making many very expensive bets.

Gorou was sent on a mission to China and brought Akemi with him. Only the place he was going towards was very remote, and the journey was very hard on her. On the map was marked a curious training ground near his target, Jusenkyo, so they decided to stop there. Gorou was surprised to find the training ground was surprisingly vacant, but the Guide was very friendly and agreed to watch after Akemi while Gorou took care of his "errand".

On his return, Gorou found Akemi had died while giving birth - to their daughter, Kira. It was an incredible shock - made worse when he realized that when he returned home, he would be bankrupt and mocked when his clan and friends found out he had a girl, and thus lost his bet with them. Not returning however was out, because then his clan would search for him.

Desperate to take his mind off of his impending doom, he got to drinking with the Guide - and learned of Jusenkyo's dark secret. And Gorou had a desperate, drunken moment of inspiration.

Taking his newborn daughter out to the springs, Gorou found Nannīchuan and poured the water on her - and it worked, turning Kira into a boy. So he returned to his clan with the sad news that his wife had died, but he had completed his missing and brought back his 'son'.

However, he discovered that when his 'son' got splashed with hot water, she turned back. Worried that someone would find out, he trained her in secret and many cold baths to "toughen him up".

Despite a few incidents, Kira's secret was safe - until she was eleven. Along with the children of other families of the clan, she in her 'boy' form was presented for evaluations that would decide her placement in the clan. Kira was an excellent fighter, defeating all who apposed her - until an angry opponent threw hot tea at her. She changed in front of the entire clan - and one of the watching clan leaders leaned forward and whispered, "Jusenkyo".

Gorou was taken prisoner and Kira found herself being discussed by the clan elders and the women trainers. Once again she caught whispers of "Jusenkyo" being passed around, and if this was the revenge of the "Old Woman". When they started talking about Kira as "the girl", she could not contain herself and leapt to her feet, insisting that she was a boy, not a girl. There was an exchange of looks, then the clan leaders summoned everyone together. Gorou was to be executed - and Kira was thrown out, still in her girl form.

Eventually Kira managed to make her way to Jusenkyo - not seeking a cure, but a way to make the change permanent.
    Last edited by Enigma; 08-12-2012 at 09:18 PM.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Romance-Supernatural-Action-Comedy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It looks interesting I'll keep a watch on this
    Last edited by Cutekitty150; 07-28-2012 at 04:32 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

@Enigma - I love your character so much :3 Quite the unique history and the like. I only have one question and a simple request. My request is that you add your Weaknesses, Strengths [things I may have edited into the CS before you made it - I apologize for that if so], and unless you're ok giving me artistic liberty on what's not stated, more detail in the Appearance sections [reference pictures would be wonderful...again, only if you're not giving me artistic liberty].

My question: Should we refer to your character as he then, since they seem to wish to be a boy? I just want to make sure I get the pronouns right, or I'll otherwise be using my odd ze and hir ones.

Otherwise, your character has been accepted and I'll be adding what you have into Character Slot #1, editing the things I requested you add later as well

UPDATE: The only change I made was that I edited the gender to say female/male. If you'd rather, I can change it back to female or I can change it to male depending on what your character's preferred gender is [I'm assuming male].

@Cutekitty150 - Feel free to join in on the fun as well :3
    Last edited by CartelSaide; 07-28-2012 at 09:39 AM.

Haven't found one I don't like yet
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

OMFG I LOVE RANMA 1/2!!!! Count me in I just gotta catch up on a few things before I get an CS up but expect it in a day or two!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

@SparrowHawk - ...Oh my god I love you more now I can't wait to see your CS, and I can't wait to do another RP with you!

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CartelSaide View Post
    @Enigma - I love your character so much :3 Quite the unique history and the like. I only have one question and a simple request. My request is that you add your Weaknesses, Strengths [things I may have edited into the CS before you made it - I apologize for that if so],
    those weren't there before. You want her martial arts strengths and weaknesses? I'll have to work on that. One possible weakness would be that she trained almost exclusively in her boy mode - the change in her center of gravity, body mass, etc. - she fights with a penalty while she's in girl mode. How many strengths and weaknesses do you want? Are you looking for something like Ranma's fear of cats?
    ...and unless you're ok giving me artistic liberty on what's not stated, more detail in the Appearance sections [reference pictures would be wonderful...again, only if you're not giving me artistic liberty].
    what sort of detail are you looking for? Artistic liberty is fine with me.
    My question: Should we refer to your character as he then, since they seem to wish to be a boy? I just want to make sure I get the pronouns right, or I'll otherwise be using my odd ze and hir ones.

Otherwise, your character has been accepted and I'll be adding what you have into Character Slot #1, editing the things I requested you add later as well

UPDATE: The only change I made was that I edited the gender to say female/male. If you'd rather, I can change it back to female or I can change it to male depending on what your character's preferred gender is [I'm assuming male].
    Kira is a girl who thinks she's a boy - it's how she was raised. As she starts off by showing up in her cursed form as a boy, it's probably easier to call Kira "Him" etc
    Last edited by Enigma; 07-29-2012 at 05:09 AM.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am interested :3
    Made by the wonderful yuuku

Page 1 of 17 123 ... LastLast