Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default [M] Program 118 - Battle Royal

Rated[M] for Violence, Gore, Sexual Content, and other MatureThemes

Designedby the magnificent "AsianFighter"

PROGRAM 118: BATTLE ROYAL

PREFACE
    __________________________________________________ __________

Thirty years have passed since the destruction of human society in their Third World War. With few remaining embers of the global empire, those with the means and resources were able to survive the onslaught and emerged to lead what little was left. Drawing moths to their flames four distinct regions were established from followers they were able to gather. Having limited resources different territories were established based off merit causing a class system to be enacted. Rites, which are individuals with the most education and power, were chosen from primarily from the original founders and those with distinct features that benefit the Region. With consistent hostility between Regions, the Rite enacted a peace treaty thus preserving what little there was of their home.

The Act states: "Those of Rite heritage and their territories shall remain untouched by those of equal status. As such each region must provide a role for every other. All those that do not have the specifications of the above clause are entitled to provide resources for the nearest Rite territory." As the creation of the peace treaty was enacted Slavs would pay taxes to more powerful territories to be provided with protection and equipment.

Slavs, struggle for survival as their resources are used primarily for the Rite's distribution process. The four main Regions consist of: Agridine, Techron, Resvul,and Hosrick. Each region name defines the role in which each one must play. Agriculture, Manufacturing, Research, and Hospitality. Rite territories must monitor lesser territories and establish their own guidelines to each territory.

Created during the year of 2046, Program 118 -BR was established in secret. The founders, Dr. Jonathon R. Alvex and Dr. Hanah J. Porter, were brought together by a group of distinctive Rites. The Rites called forth the creation and development of high tech battle suits for eight randomly chosen individuals, two from each region and one from each respective class. The goal behind the program was to create a series of proxy battles to determine the winner of a substantial amount of extra resources to one individual territory. If a Rite is to turn out as victor that territory would be given the prize and increasing their own power within the region. However, if a Slav is to turn out as victor their territory would increase in wealth and be classified as a Rite territory. This was in an attempt to establish opportunities for Slavs in the crumbled world and give Rites the opportunity to accomplish the duties given to them in a far more efficient manner. Regardless of whom is victor the region itself would gain in power with the massive resources.

It is nearing the end of August, 2056 when Program 118- BR is enacted into the higher and lesser territories, however due to the termination of Dr. Porter the program supervision was given full custody to Dr. Alvex. Those chosen will find themselves in an unknown location away from their homelands. The true purpose of the program is kept hidden to all eight candidates as they are plunged into a battle to the death.

(DISCLAIMER: For Battle Aspects Dice Rolls will be implemented by the GM and Co-GM using an accuracy and damage roll when attempting to injure another player; different suits will have different modifiers and will be unbiased. Each post will end before impact is made which will be followed by the GM response giving the other target player what they can or must do. No argument.)

Spoiler: History Logs 

Spoiler: The Rules 

Spoiler: The Suits 

Spoiler: Stamina Guidelines 

Spoiler: Miscellaneous Information 

Spoiler: Character Skeleton 

Director
    Dr. Jonathon R. Alvex

Selected List
    Alive:

Agridine/Rite:
    Agridine/Slav:Vincent Porter

Techron/Rite:
    Techron/Slav: Kristopher Lee

Resvul/Rite: Ian Night
    Resvul/Slav: Dustin Hillborough

Hosrick/Rite: Karen Propen
    Hosrick/Slav: Vetis Yu

Dead:

__________________________________________________ _________

Time-Line

Weather
    Sunny[Clear] Rainy Cloudy Snow Sleet Hail Storm Hot Cold

Time

12:00A.M.1:00A.M. 2:00A.M. 3:00A.M. 4:00A.M. 5:00A.M. 6:00A.M. 7:00A.M.[8:00A.M.] 9:00A.M. 10:00A.M. 11:00A.M. 12:00P.M. 1:00P.M. 2:00P.M.3:00P.M. 4:00P.M. 5:00P.M. 6:00P.M. 7:00P.M. 8:00P.M. 9:00P.M.10:00P.M. 11:00P.M.

Day
    [Monday] Tuesday Wednesday ThursdayFriday Saturday Sunday

Month

January February March AprilMay June July [August] September October November December

Date

12 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 2728 [29] 3031 tv
    __________________________________________________ _________

Notifications:
    GM will play the role of Dr. Alvex

I will be posting stamina counts in GM posts after everyone has posted a certain amount of time.

Last edited by Public_Hazard; 08-26-2014 at 09:32 PM.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Psychological, Dark Fantasy.
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

If you’re looking for more players, don’t forget to make use of all the features that RPA has to offer. You can submit your game to the Roleplaying Games Directory here and if you post here, you can ask the Staff to advertise your roleplay in their signatures.

Most importantly, make sure to apply for Roleplay of the Week!

Sci-fi, cyberpunk, fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh wow, I love this!

It's very clear you've put a lot of work into it. I will definitely be making a character sheet and submitting it today. I hope we can get some more people interested! I'll mention it to a few of my friends, see if they'd like like to get in on it too.

Anyway I can possibly ask to reserve the Systematic Hybrid suit? I'll put it on my character sheet if that's alright.

Through the earth and going back and forth it
    Science Fiction, Horror/Suspense
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'm very happy that you found my RP interesting. I'll be more than sure to write down that you reserved it. Can't wait to see your CS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ah! I looked at this over and forgot to post, but I'll be making a character very soon ^^ I'm so glad this turned into an actual role play!

{|Artwork |}

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't know why I keep underestimating the amount of time it takes me to come up with a character... Anywho, here ya go, slightly late but hopefully alright! Lemme know if there's anything that deserves further explanation or clarification or needs to be changed or whatever.

Name: Karen Prepon

Race: Caucasian

Appearance

Description
    Austere beauty is the best way to put it, for a girl who could be strikingly gorgeous if she put some effort into her appearance. Her pale complexion is rarely adorned with makeup that might brighten up her generally sullen countenance. Functional clothes and convenient hairstyles give her a nearly tomboyish look devoid of trinkets or jewelry. Her right arm sports a criss-crossing lattice of scars from practice fencing matches at home without proper safety gear.

Height: 5' 9"
    Weight: 138 lbs
    Eyes: Harlequin green
    Hair: Mid back-length, maize yellow blonde

Sexuality: Bicurious

Personality: Thoughtful and methodical, easily bored in unchallenging situations and tedious jobs, somewhat entitled and impatient

Class/Region: Rite/Hosrick

Suit: Version 5.8: Systematic Hybrid

Personal History
    Born to survivalist isolationists four years after the end of the WWIII, Karen spent the first six years of her life with the same group of people, four families living together in a small compound far removed from the nearest population center. With a self-sufficient means of food production and a large store of survival goods and defense weaponry, two dozen people were able to maintain their independence without any outside interaction until 2036, when unfortunately, the last of the chocolate ran out. That... wasn't the only reason- what had started out as three separate generators running to provide electricity had since dwindled to one hodge podge device jury-rigged together from parts of the original three, and many other supplies had been finished off as well. But the chocolate was the last straw, and from the isolation of their compound, Karen and her family and the people she'd grown up all ventured out into the post-war landscape, and tentatively met with the nearest tribe living in the squalor of a ransacked city, bringing their remaining resources and the knowledge they had been sitting on with them.

With nothing much to do but survive the end of the world, Karen and the other children who'd been born since the bombs fell had nothing much to do but learn and study. She had been reading since she was three, and by the time she was five she had her times tables memorized up through 15. Moving out of the compound didn't put a damper on her education either, even though there were plenty of challenges that came with creating a settlement on top of the looted ashes of civilization. In fact, meeting with other survivors and digging around in the rubble meant a chance to find new sources of knowledge, new people to learn from and new skills to master. As the most charismatic of the children in the newly established village, Karen became the defacto leader of the largely unsupervised youths. Their role was often to head out into the urban wilderness to scavenge for supplies still untouched by years of scrounging, or anything that could be of use to the budding colony. It was during this time that she got into sword-fighting, as many kids left to entertain themselves without supervision and with access to raw building materials (namely metal rods) are wont to do.

As she got older Karen found that she outgrew the other kids, outpacing them in terms of intelligence and imagination, so that being with them turned more into babysitting than quality time spent with peers. She found herself in an awkward period between childhood and adulthood, and a bit ahead of schedule too. Her solution was to simply skip the transition, throwing herself toward the future to pick up more tasks and responsibilities in the emerging government created between networking cities. Karen got involved early and took on the job of assistant housing coordinator, and when the head coordinator succumbed to radiation sickness she was in the prime position to take over the office, giving herself the promotion to become the highest ranking residential organizer in the Northeast sector of what would soon become the region of Hosrick.

Other Info
    Hobbies: Fencing, rock climbing, reading
    Phobia: Cynophobia (afraid of dogs after a run-in with a feral dog as a child)
    Handedness: Right-handed
    Blood Type: AB+ blood type
    Zodiac Sign: Aquarius

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Excellent CS Insomnant. I'm going to edit the first post and add in your character. I see no issue with your history since her life style and job fits what I wanted in Hosrick. Along with the role Rites play.

Thank you for posting. If anything comes up I'll post it in the notification part of the first post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool, glad to hear my character's alright.

So uh... have you done any advertising for this? The roleplay directory and roleplay of the week and all that jazz? I'd hate to see this not happen due to lack of players.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'd like to make a quick note of thanking AsianFighter for the banner now posted on the very top. Also I'm thanking Insomnant for being patient and hope you stay until I can get this RP more people. Right now I'm submitting it into RPotW and going to post some threads on the Recruitment forum. Thank you both for your support!.

Update:
    Both have been submitted and posted.
    Last edited by Public_Hazard; 08-03-2012 at 06:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry it took me so long to post this. There was just a lot of reading that made my eyes gloss over the first time I saw it. :P

Name: Ian Night

Race: caucasian

Appearance: kaze.jpg I hate reusing photos but my computer is being testy and won't save anything.

Sexuality: heterosexual

Personality: In a word? Anarchist. Ian knows that society is what's keeping him down and he would rather live off his own work. He sees the flaws in systems that corporate fatcats don't and even though he's in the higher class of society, he knows that the class system is just a sham used to keep him subserviant to the man. He is calculating and thinks of life or death as nothing more than a game where you win or lose. This gives him the advantage of being cold and calculating when he needs to be and not looking towards consequence.

Class / Region: Resvul/Rite

Suit: I'd like to reserve recon. Seems to go best with what I had in mind for his character.

Personal History:

Ian was born into a very well-off family in the Resvul area. His parents were always off somewhere or other so he was left to the care of his uncle, who owned the house he lived in. At an early age Ian was seen to be brilliant at memorizing any piece of information with his photographic memory, though retaining it for extended periods of time was a challenge if he found the information he'd been given boring.
    After many years of reading and studying in his uncle's library, which had literature dating back to the early Greek philosiphers, he decided that the world was bound to corruption and the only way to escape it was a reset. To eliminate every official and start over from scratch with his own sense of righteousness. Thus, he studied survival tips and technology so that when he was ready, he could escape society with a small group of willing people and build his own perfect world far away from this society, where the populous had been wiped out. But before he could go, he was chosen (apparently) for this horrible experiment.

Other Info:
    Because of his plans to ditch society, Ian is well-versed in survival knowledge. This means he knows how to survive exceptionally well in the terrain he was heading towards: the desert, as well as the one he would be migrating through: the decidious areas.
    Besides that, he can use a hunting knife well enough and can set up snares for catching any sized animal.
    Ian has a photographic memory with a very limited capacity in some cases, meaning he can only retain trivial information for a few minutes.

What makes him unique:

Ian's main chance of outlasting anyone is his knowledge of literature. He has read controersial books meaning he's dulled to the idea of murder, as well as philisophical books, such as The Prince. He understands psychology of fear and firmly believes that "The end justifies the means."
    Smart players don't have allies in take-all games. Only pawns.

Announcement #1: All announcements will be cool starting right now
    Announcement #2: butt-soup
    Announcement #3: Announcement number three: I am not Hadji from "Jonny Quest", Jeff Winger.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast