Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: P.K.'s word works

Your daily overdose of cute
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Default Dystopia: Blood Games - Chapter 1

Direfield City, Or better known as the city of the Rich and the dead but only by its inhabitants, caravans from the other cities had stopped visiting years ago. Some speculated that the other cities had all died out, others said that no one wanted to visit this city anymore and no one could blame them if that was the truth.
    At least that's what was said on the common levels, the slums were to busy scraping a living off the ground to care what the above levels have to speculate over concerning the disappearance of the Caravans. Not that the gilded levels had much to say on the matter, to busy gambling and living merrily to care what the below levels had to say. Still rumors and talk of hope that one day they would return floated around, even though to this day it had been fourteen years since the last caravan had visited this city with trade.
    Of course, I didn't really have time to dwell on rumors and old news either, I was to busy hacking into the gilded resident's security and letting my keepers in through the front doors. Someone was obviously going to get thrown into the arena for failure to keep valuables safe, but as long as it wasn't one of us then it didn't really matter. Use or be used, that was the rules of the city, you made yourself useful or became powerful enough to use others, so long as there was a mutual benefit without unreasonable risk then you could get along in this world, most of the time. But no one stuck their necks out for anyone else if you ran into any kind of trouble you were on your own.
    I'd be lying if I said that I didn't hate this lifestyle, but there wasn't much to be done about it other then make myself useful and not get caught doing it.
    "Flair have you gotten through yet?" Boss hissed over the radio.
    "I'll need another few seconds, and when I do open it you'll only have two minutes to get through the door before it resets."
    "Whatever, just get it open!"
    "Go now," I said scanning my small computer screen at the information that scrolled by.
    "Were in, be ready to unlock it for us."
    I didn't respond as I set my screen aside and got to my feet with a small stretch before peering from my little alcove. The lavish home was dark save for the few flashes of the dim flashlights boss and his helper used on the inside to navigate. Tonight was apparently a good night for the blood games and excessive gambling, a promising fighter was advancing through the levels, and was clearly Sponsored by some gilded resident. For kicks.
    "Turn your lights off, a patrols walking past," I said through the radio, ducking down behind the fancy trimmed bushes to stay out of sight. I watched the uniform-clad men walk by with bright lights, pausing to look into the small decorative yard before moving along. I watched the lights vanish down the street before pulling the radio up to my mouth. "They're gone."
    I watched as the faint light of the flashlights began to roam the windows once more before sitting back down and pulling my screen back to my lap.
    "We've located the goal, have that door ready, this vault is rigged with a trap and an alarm," Boss grumbled.
    I silently nodded hacking my way back into the system and navigated around. "It's a separate system I can't get into from this position," I responded. "I'd have to find another way in, we don't have time for that. I've got the door, and the camera's."
    Boss cursed over the radio. "Fine, let's make this quick."
    "Two minutes." I reminded him as I set the codes in place. I waited silently listening to the soft crackle of the radio as I waited for a sign. There was a loud pop from the house before the radio came alive.
    "Grab it now let's go! Flair! doors!"
    I could see the light moving frantically through the windows as an alarm sounded, a constant droll ringing. I waited only a moment before pressing the button unlocking the doors. I watched as it was flung open and Boss and his handyman dashed out not bothering to close it behind him. I pulled my network out of the security system closing the screen and bounded to my feet to get after them. I was just rounding the corner when I noticed the patrol coming up the alley where our escape was.
    "Book it!" Boss snarled already on his way down the alleyway in the opposite direction. Of course, now we'd have to lose them through the common streets, that was if we reached the descent.
    We were all well aware what would happen if we were caught. I knew I couldn't keep up with the other two, already feeling my breath heaving. I split off taking another path, this could be my salvation or my death sentence. I just had to reach a decent and make it through to the slums. The lowest level was like a maze one could get lost for weeks, even months if they weren't careful, I had the distinct feeling that it wasn't always meant to be a living quarter of the unwanted. I rounded another corner doubling back a bit, trying to put distance and walls between us. I just had to be careful not to run into any other patrols.
    I dashed through another yard, pushing through some bushes and dashing out into the alley and towards the street. I came skidding to a halt as I saw flashes of lights. Another patrol. Trying to keep my balance as I came to a sudden stop and attempted to turn and dash back the way I came I ran face first into a patrolman that I hadn't realized had been close on my heels. He had to be my age, with a serious face and some serious grip. His hands warped around my wrists as I tried to push away, twisting me up till I was tight against his chest.
    "I feel sorry for you, I really do." He panted. "But you and I both know the rules."
    I groaned at the ache in my arms, knowing full well that I didn't have the strength nor the speed to get away now. I'd love to say that somehow I got away but not only would that be a lie, but it makes the point of me telling this story moot. So let me catch you up on what this little world of ours is really like. I can't speak for other cities if there are any. But Direfield was a three-tiered city. The rich folk lived at the top, with nice streets, fancy yards, and no worries. They had gambling houses at the center of their floor bordering a few levels of the arena. The common levels were for the working folk, they had jobs, they had homes and they have some semblance of safety... they also had small pubs that bordered the arena for their... entertainment. And finally, the lowest level was the slums. Rats, and unwanted people. No one had a job accept stealing and killing down there, ripe for the picking on the off day of any patrolman or rich snob to pick some poor worm to toss into the arena.
    And of course... the Arena on which all levels surrounded. A place of blood, death, struggle, and torment. There were no rules, no regulations. Anything. went. Anyone could be thrown in, Slum rats, thieves, murders, Rich folk who had fallen from grace you name it. Anyone was fair game for one reason or another. In the Arena, 'players' as they called them started on level 1, which was no more than the cities waist in a deep cavern below the city. there were no camera's down there or on the second level which I had no clue what it was like. But with my current situation, I was about to find out. The other levels had monitors and cameras for the rest of the city to watch the games. Levels three through twelve were for the rest of the cities entertainment. If you could make it past the first two levels you were worthy of entertaining. Some of the levels had 'masters' as they called them, people who couldn't get higher but had taken over a level for themselves. And there were, of course, some players that were sponsored, mostly anomalously to see how far they could go, mostly for the rich folk's bets but there were a few working class who hopped their loved ones would make it past level eleven. Though... no one had ever made it past that level... And now I was well on my way to being pushed into the dump shoots to the first level... I had a good guess what I was about to find, and I really wasn't looking forward to it.
    The guard around my age handed me off to another set of guards which took me to the disposal with no regards to who was or was not watching. My only consolation was that I'd been sent down with everything on me... which wasn't much. I swallowed as I approached the all to familiar disposal shoot, wondering what terrible ride down I would have... or if I'd even survive it. The lump in my throat wouldn't swallow down as I held tightly onto the only thing I had, my sling bag, the only thing that would be coming down on the ride with me with the few possessions I had. The horrors I'd seen on the screens on passing glances swam through my head as I drew closer to my inevitable demise. Someone like me would never make it, I was weak and slow, I couldn't fight or defend myself. The darkness gaped at my feet as I was lifted and set on the edge.
    "Off you go then." One of the men murmured. "I'll wish you a swift end at least." He said before nudging me forward enough to tip me off the edge and into the waiting jaws of below.

Last edited by P.K.; 12-15-2018 at 03:20 AM.
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Default RepentersTale - Prologue

Last edited by P.K.; 12-15-2018 at 03:26 AM.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Default The path of magic ~ The Path of silence - Prologue

The awakening war, The war that is said to have truly frightened the human race, The war that changed all their preconceived notions of myth and legends, The war that truly confirmed the world they had only told stories of.
    Humanity has always been a superstitious race, their ranks filled with self loathing and discrimination to anything different than themselves. The witch hunts took place thousands of years ago witches and none witches died alike without them ever really confirming which was which. Paranoia lasted ages before the human race finally seemed to relinquish the idea that monsters existed.
    For a time people seemed to become more tolerant and less superstitious. Not to say they were great, they turned their discrimination towards each other, shedding blood over innocent lands.
    The carnage enticing darker entities the humans had yet to dream of to crawl out of their hiding places and feast. Stories once again began to flood the nations of monsters and inhuman things. It wasn’t until one such monster was actually caught some decades later that the world was finely made aware of the unseen world around them.
    Their superstitious paranoia struck once again, in harsh waves as humans recalled every horror story and wives tale that was ever told throughout human history. More than just witch hunts rose from the ranks of the greatest believers. As the proof washed in the military was involved. Monsters and humans alike were sacrificed to the frenzied bloodlust driven by the fear of the unknown.
    It wasn’t long before the unseen world drew together in its defense. A three front war broke out between the factions of humans, The magical creatures that wished to live in harmony and the Magical creatures that wanted to feast upon the carnage and revel in the fear.
    The war itself was so powerful between the three factions that it tore apart the top world. Thousands died on all sides. So much knowledge was lost on the humans end and they were thrown back into the dark ages with only remnants of their old lives. Their numbers dwindled greatly in the wake of the magical war.
    The mythical creatures that wished to simply live managed to rake in the win, but only by tooth and claw. Suffering greatly against their darker counterparts.
    They were exposed, and known. Men and women alike rose to become witch hunters, Vampire slayers, Exorcists and priests. Those who had knowledge of the previous world behind them quickly rose to noble hood in the ranks of what human civilization remained.
    The hidden world was no longer so hidden and was forced to separate themselves from the human society in order to survive.
    The world has once again fallen into fear and superstition. Small groups of humans banding together to create the safety of villages and cities over the years. Hunters perfecting their techniques and the supernaturals once again reduced to dwelling in the shadows.
    Last edited by P.K.; 05-04-2018 at 06:06 PM.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Default The RPApril Extravaganza entries of 2018!

Spoiler: RPA Exstravaganza 2018 

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Default Short story ~ When Change comes

When change comes was largely inspired by an RP I did a very long time ago with a friend. And while it follows a lot of what happened in the actual RP a lot of things have changed for a better flow to the story.

Spoiler: 13 pages long 
    Last edited by P.K.; 01-18-2019 at 03:31 PM.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Default This is Halloween! - 2018 Halloween event!

I only did one event
    Spoiler: Scottie's Spoopy Stories 
    Last edited by P.K.; 11-01-2018 at 11:47 PM.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Default Dystopia: Blood Games - First choice

The ride down was terrifyingly fast, the metal pipe I rode down on twisted and turned, scraping past lose nails and junk that had gotten caught in the pipe, all tumbling down with me through the pitch blackness, I couldn't brace for anything and I was quickly losing track of direction and depth the further I plummeted.

And then I was thrust out into open air, nothingness, the void gaped around me, above me and below me. The feeling of falling in the pitch blackness was disorienting as I gasped, breathing in the putrid air around me that cut my air supply short. I hit what I could only assume was the ground, a massive pile of junk. Some of it felt squishy, old food was the only guess I was comfortable with, some of it was hard, pieces of wood and metal. I laid there for a while hoping that my eyes might adjust, that there would be some sort of light down here, My body ached harshly from the tumble and sudden stop. I wasn't sure if I even wanted to try and find my way out of this place.

Spoiler: Option 1: Stay put 

Spoiler: Option 2: Get up. 

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Default Border by the Galaxy - Prologue

There was once a time in our milky way that every planet wondered if they were alone in the expansion of space, and there was a time where their question was answered.
    It happen the same to every planet. The sun vanished behind fleets of ships, stark black and ominous against the cloudless skies. Caught completely unaware and unprepared for the life altering encounter of an alien race invading their homes.
    Whatever resistance they put up was quickly squashed but this unrelenting force, attempts to negotiate were ignored. With in a year cities had been level, populations decimated and survivors rounded up into packed transport ships and lifted from the surface.
    No one could quite explain how they had fallen so quickly, how it had come to this let alone what their capturers actually looked like. They moved like shadows and phantoms. A collection of black wisps that dispersed and flexed in untraceable paths. They had no recognizable features, no distinguishing marks. Nothing.
    The takeover was quick, but not painless. Those that had survived were taken through the stars to an unfamiliar planet. Assessed and sorted, families, loved ones and friends were broken up. Placed in groups of unfamiliar and strange beings, aliens they had not previously known to exist.
    When sorted they were taken to another strange planet, or perhaps a familiar one that had been transformed based upon its material content.
    Planets rich in precious stones and metals were turned into mining worlds. Planets rich in soil and atmosphere were turned into farming worlds, worlds with largs hot cores were turned into refinement and factory worlds.
    When a world was depleted of its raw material it be emptied, turned into a farming world if it had enough atmosphere, if it could not support life it be turned into a dumping ground. It's even said that the bodies of the deceased are dumped into the old mining worlds, left for centuries to decompose and create fresh fertile soil for the farming colonies to come.
    Individuals were sorted upon their physical and mental prows. Those who could not work, or keep up with the work vanished. Moved to another planet or disposed of.
    Their overlords provided them with food and shelter for long hours and little brakes. Entertainment was hard to come by but one could associate and sleep with whomever they pleased. Settling down was almost out of the question, it was never a guarantee that your brood would stay with you once they reached whatever the overlords deemed maturity.
    Everything had a use, and nothing was wasted.
    Their rulers never came out to glote, terrorize, mock, or steal away pretty youth for entertainment. They didn’t have large arenas for pitting one man against great beasts, they didn’t have great halls of whirshop, or great halls of pleasure. At least not that an one knew about. Ultimately so very little was known about the race that so easily over took them that they became widely known as the overlords.
    No one could touch them, what riots did happen were quelled quickly by the shapeless twisting shadows that watched them, with the perpetrators vanishing never to be heard from again.
    Eventually there was no more reason to try.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Default Random Shorts - The Rogues Gallery

These are just random shorts I thought of while playing Siks's The Rogues Gallery.
    OOC
    IC

Spoiler: Vel's RP sample 

Spoiler: No magic! 

Spoiler: The one who finds nothing but trouble 

Spoiler: Less trouble 

Spoiler: I have nothing to hear 

Spoiler: Surprise encounter 

Spoiler: Up the wall 

Spoiler: Mortified 

Spoiler: I'M NOT GOING! 
    Last edited by P.K.; 06-17-2019 at 02:07 AM.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Default RepentersTale - Chapter 1

Light flooded the room from a small window to the left, a gentle breeze rustling the soft blue curtains. The room was lined with a soft brown carpet, the walls were painted a pastel blue with the trim of chalk white. A small bookshelf lined the wall on the right, various flowers line the top protected in square glass casings
    “What? I… I don’t understand.” Everything felt… odd, different. The voice, the body, the room, these… these feelings none of it was hers.
    She felt at her throat, felt at her body before her eyes cast down onto the bed, looking at the blue and green quilted blankets. Her hands were shaking, but they weren't her’s they looked softer, these were not the hands that were hollow and covered in white dust. These were the hands that were full of care and life.
    Who’s hands were these?
    She felt at her face, the strange wetness falling from her eyes and dotting the blankets with dark spots. She felt at her chest and the ache inside that hurt worse than a thousand deaths. There was no hole in her chest, no wound, no blood. She was whole, everything was intact but why?
    Why was she here? Why was she alive? Where was she? This couldn’t possibly be a reset, it was to different. This place didn’t look familiar, it didn’t feel familiar, everything was... off.
    “This is… wrong.” She could hear her voice and while it sounded the same to her ears she could feel the difference, this voice was not hollow and unfeeling it was full… full of… emotion.
    Emotion? She had felt it once before but no… it hadn’t been her emotion this… this was directly attached to her not a distant feeling, a distant prick this was a full stab to the gut, her gut.
    Nothing in the room stirred but her stifled sobbing. But why? She felt so full but she wasn’t sure of what… before… before there had been nothing, a deep emptiness.
    She pushed the blankets away and looked at her legs for a moment before she slid out of the bed and stumbled across the soft carpet to the window.
    Outside was a bright world. The sun, the sky, the grass it was all here, it was all different. Looking through the window there was both monsters and humans. Wait… monsters and humans? This was the surface but there were monsters walking the streets just as casually as the humans were. This wasn’t right, Monsters had been exiled to the underground and humans had been hateful, hurtful creatures.
    She sank down to her knees trembling under the weight of these new… feelings. What were these? What purpose did they have? She didn’t understand their meaning, was she… ill? Is this what illness felt like?
    “Chara? My child? Are you feeling well today?”
    She started at the voice, it was so.. Familiar. Asgore? She looked over her shoulder at the gentle smiling face that was peeking through the door. T-that face, that smiling face brought back the memories which brought on the pain.
    “Chara? Are you alright?” Asgore pushed through the door and approached. She found herself filled with something that made her insides knot up, a strange and uncomfortable feeling.
    “No.” She wheezed. Waving him back. “That can’t be.”
    “Can’t be what? Chara what is the matter?”
    “No.” She pushed herself up. “No stay away!” She dodged the arm that came to catch her and ducked out the door, slamming into the opposite wall in her haste, ignoring his calls for ‘Chara’ She looked down both ways though the hall before turning for the stairs, she almost lost her balance but managed to catch herself with the stair rail.
    “Chara!”
    She glanced up to see Asgore at the rail before making a dash for the door, she bashed her shoulder against it as she latched onto the handle, flinging it open.
    “Chara wait!”
    She wasted no time flinging herself out of the door, something making her legs move almost faster than she ever remembered going. She leaped the three steps and hit the ground running till she reached the road. Where should she go? She didn’t recognize anything, there was no place to hide. The urge to run, to get away, to hide was overwhelming and she didn’t understand why.
    Asgor had been terrifying when she had fought him, but she had never felt fear so… so close to her own being, she had never felt the urge to flee from anything… herself.
    There, the mountain, It was the only place she recognized, now she just had to reach it. She turned and dashed down the road, ignoring looks from passing strangers as Asgor bellowed after her.

Her throat was sore, and her breaths heavy as she placed one hand against the foot of the mountain and she collapsed to her knees.
    Whatever emptiness she had had was gone, she could feel everything and as much as it still sent her reeling and it didn’t make sense to her, she knew now that she was… full. All she needed to know was why? And how to get rid of it and erase herself… would she have to erase another world? For some reason the thought made her ill and she had to halt for a moment, pressing a hand to her gut. Why was the thought of her one true desire sickening?
    She peered up into the trees at the top of the mountain before she staggered back to her feet with her ragged breaths and began to climb the mountain at a slow pace, clinging to trees, stumbling through brush. She could feel the bruises and cuts forming on her arms and legs, stinging slightly.
    Where was the hole to the underground? The path was unfamiliar to her but she knew it was here, it had to be. Her stumbling steps took her further and further up the mountain, pushing off trees and tripping over roots and rocks. She collapsed to her hands and knees again gasping as her body shook with exhaustion. Why did her body feel so heavy? Why did these small wounds sting so much?
    She pulled herself up, clinging tightly to a small tree that swayed under her weight. There, laid out in front of her was a massive black hole. It was here the entrance to the underground. She leaned forward, ready to to push herself into the hole and plummet into the awaiting pile of flowers below.
    “better not.”
    She looked up at the familiar voice to see Sans standing at the edge of the hole on another side.
    “You won't find anything to break your fall down there.” He grinned her way with his hands lazily hanging in his pockets.
    Just as with Asgore she felt her gut tighten, remembering the time she had fought him. She had killed his brother who had… only wanted to offer her a better way but there was nothing better than for her to disappear and to do so… he had to disappear as well. The thoughts come flooding back, why was she here? Why was she Physical? Why are there familiar faces here? All that pain in her insides conversed in her chest. She sank back down to the ground her fingers digging into her chest attempting to find the source of the pain.
    “Whoa, hey kid calm down.” Sans’ boney fingers wrapped around her wrist.
    She pulled away unable to help a fearful cry as a flashback of the last time he’d grabbed her. “No please!” Why? Was this…? This was fear she remembered the child having it as well as other emotions but this one was prominent, fear. The emotion that made her shiver and want to flee as fast and as far as her body could carry her.
    Sans seemed a little taken back. “Kid, I ain't gonna hurt ya.” He kneeled down. “You must not be our Chara.” His voice was laced with something soft as he spoke. “You must be a Chara from another world.”
    Another world? She thought bewildered, there were others? In a way… she supposed that made sense. If one reset the world, did that leave another world behind?
    “Hey.” Sans reached out and offered his hand. “The others are worried about you, if you come with me I’m sure we can find a way to explain what happened.”
    Answers? She wanted answers but all she could do was stare at his skeletal fingers. She just wanted to disappear what was it about this desire that seemed so… wrong?
    Something deep within her compelled her to reach out and take his hand.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast