Page 1 of 98 12351 ... LastLast

Thread: [R] The Walking Dead OOC - (horror/survival/zombies)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default [R] The Walking Dead OOC - (horror/survival/zombies)

[R] for potential gore, violence, horror, romance.
    IC
    Information: I've recently been watching the series The Walking Dead. I absolutely love it and I'm about half way through season two (so please no spoilers if you've watched any futher!). I would love to turn the story line into a roleplay with original characters. If you haven't watched the series but like the storyline then don't hesitate to join! It's a pretty easy and flexible plot to understand. This will always be open, just post your character sheet and once I accept it you may post!

Storyline/plot: So for those who don't know what The Walking Dead is about, it's basically a horror/survival. It's kinda like a zombie apocalypse. I'll keep this short and sweet and if you still don't understand then just ask :)
    Basically, these zombies (they are called Walkers) are roaming the streets. Before they were zombies, they were just a normal human being like you and me. But when you die or you are bitten by one, you turn into one. Your brain basically shuts down but the only part that is working makes you able to walk and that. I'm not 100% sure exactly what happens, but it's not that important. So the few remanding people who aren't turned into Walkers yet are trying to survive. The only way to officially 'kill' the walker is to shoot or stab them in the brain. Everyone is trying to survive, whether if it's alone or in a group. There are limited supplies, so you have to take some risks to get the necessary supplies. That's basically it :) (I now realize that this wasn't very short and sweet...please forgive me :3)

Requirements/rules:
    ♥ You have to be able to post at least 1-2 paragraphs. More is fine :D
    ♥ Twists. Twists make roleplays more enjoyable and interesting!
    ♥ Your character can be any age or gender :)
    ♥ Any sexuality! gay, straight, bi are all welcome :D
    ♥ If you die you will turn into a walker. But I would only recommend dieing if you want to make a new character. There's no point roleplaying as a walker, all they do is kill and eat. They don't have any personality. But if you really want to, then be my guest :P
    ♥ Post as much as you can, I understand if you get busy. I get busy too, everyone does. I would appreciate it if you would let me know if you are busy though :D
    ♥ Have fun! :D
    ♥ Romance is encouraged, it would give a nice twist :)
    ♥ You can have as many characters as you like!

Extra: You can decide if you want your character to start off being alone and then finding the group. There could be a small group already formed and they find you or you find them. There could even be a few small groups that could be formed into a big group or they could all hate each other. We can do anything, there are so many options. We can all discuss what would be the best and then we can move onto character sheets. If you aren't good at character sheets or don't like them then don't worry. You can make it as detailed/less detailed as you please. Some people like to keep their character sheet simple and explain their character more in the first post/first few.

Before Posting:
    - At least two paragraphs.
    If you can't think of anything to write, write about their past, their thoughts and feelings. A bit about their history and feelings would probably take a good two or three paragraphs. This will give you character some more depth and make it more interesting for yourself and others.

- Do not post again, if the person you have interacted with hasn't posted yet. This will stop all of the confusion and will keep everyone on track.

- You don't have to be with the group. It isn't necessary. We can form small groups and eventually get into a big group. Maybe a few pairs or so will join the group later on. This will make the roleplay more realistic and if everyone isn't together, it won't be as clustered.

- If you are going to be away/busy for some time that might affect the roleplay. PLEASE let me know! That way I won't have to chase after people and the roleplay won't be put on hold.

- Remember you can always make new characters. So don't be afraid to kill off some of yours :)

Thanks for reading all that! I didn't realize it would be this long :P
    If you have any questions or concerns then let me know on this thread or via PM/VM.
    I can't wait to start this :D

Accepted Characters:
    Spoiler: Porcelain Doll - Katarina Lose 
    Spoiler: Porcelain Doll - Ruby Smith 
    Spoiler: Lost - Christopher Myles Lowe 
    Spoiler: Lost - Michael Anthony Ross 
    Spoiler: bluemoon - Bridget Zeller 
    Spoiler: ElizabethStark - Ester Locke 
    Spoiler: ElizabethStark - Anna Locke 
    Spoiler: LegacyDreams - Ilia Captor 
    Spoiler: LegacyDreams - Jason & Ella Captor 
    Spoiler: TheShadeofBlue - Isaac Marlow 
    Spoiler: Ryokokalin - Wilhelmina Engel 
    Spoiler: luxwolf - Sans Lupo 
    Spoiler: MaskofSilence - Jace Langston 
    Spoiler: Heson Shadowbane - Janet Mullen 
    Spoiler: SolCandiez - Junko Liu 
    Spoiler: SolCandiez - Silvana Maria*Novelo* 
    Spoiler: SoulReaper --Markus Valentino-Leonardo Olivetti 
    Spoiler: SanAndreas - Aieko Littlesea 
    Spoiler: SanAndreas - Kimiko (Kim) Hokkaido  
    Spoiler: BurningSun22 - Julie Clearwater 
    Spoiler: deamonstalker - Damien Bucksteed 
    Spoiler: dooming803 - Dominic (Dom) Wilux 
    Last edited by Porcelain Doll; 11-10-2012 at 08:09 AM.

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)

I love the show! I've seen them all! (don't worry, I won't spoil it.) Busy right now, but I'll post a sheet sometime soon.

Also, this looks like a great game. Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory or click here to help attract players?

On indefinite hiatus. I remain purple only for technical support, please direct queries to Scottie or another staffer. Thank you RPA for being my second home for so many years, and every member who makes this the wonderful place it is.

Click here daily to vote for RPA!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The show is great! Thank you :3
    That would be great! I'm looking forward to see how your character turns out
    I will check them out, cheers

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)

Cool If you create a basic character sheet for people to follow, it'll make it easier for those who wanna join - also, do you have any ideas on plot? I know you want to do something different from the show, anything in particular in mind?

On indefinite hiatus. I remain purple only for technical support, please direct queries to Scottie or another staffer. Thank you RPA for being my second home for so many years, and every member who makes this the wonderful place it is.

Click here daily to vote for RPA!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I want to gather some people first, discuss a few things like a plot and then move onto the character sheets.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

A Walking Dead RP?? Awesome. I may consider joining.

[by the way, the comic is A LOT better than the show]

"Thank you, Master."
    "You're welcome, My Padawan."

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Haven't found one I don't like yet
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm so down for this. I fcking love the show

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ElizabethStark: Awesome! I hope you do join
    Oh really? I'll have to look around for it :3

SparrowHawk: That's great! Thanks for joining

Everyone: Should we get started planning out the plot now, or wait for a few more people? Others can still join after/while we are making the plot, I just want to know what you guys think! Does everyone have a rough idea on their character's gender and age yet?

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, romance, horror, pretty much anything with a good plot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hmm, zombie RP based on The Walking Dead? Say no more~! I'm in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh yay! Thank you for joining Lost

We now have:
    1. Me
    2. G
    3. SparrowHawk
    4. Lost

and maybe ElizabethStark

Page 1 of 98 12351 ... LastLast