Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 272829

Thread: [R] The Walking Dead - IC - (ALWAYS OPEN)

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, SciFi, Horror
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

By the time Markus was awake all of his wounds had been tended to and bandages and casts were in their right place. Julie had convened with Janet and they had taken care of what needed to be done. He was also now cleaned and in new clothes. The best part, and only part that mattered, was Markus had not been bitten. The nurse was looking out the window, leaning back in her chair when she heard the familiar grunt. Instantly she was by his side. "It does no good to move those broken fingers of yours. Then again you wouldn't have been in this mess if you hadn't of gone awol and attacked that horde on your own. You almost gotten yourself killed and you scared me half to death. What were you thinking?" Her voice was an even tone, yet it was a lecture she was giving him and she wanted answers.

The Shadow's Embrace
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Janet stayed around long enough to help patch up the injured Marcus, not making any small talk as they worked. She seemed to be detatched, focusing only on treating the patient. Once they finished working on Marcus she trusted Julie to write down the notes on his chart as she grabbed a wheelchair and brought it to Evangeline's bed.

She told her that she was no longer under quarantine, but recomended that she have someone around to help her if needed. She didn't stay to chat after that and just left the daycare. She knew Julie had gotten a shower somewhere and with her stick to guide her she eventually came across a house that was silent. In a short time she had cleaned herself up, washing off all the blood and sweat on her, and raided a closet for some new clothes. Now she just sat downstairs with her scrubs burning in a fireplace, a lit cigarette burning in her hand. She didn't take any drags off it, she didn't smoke, but the smell of it reminded her of her father when he'd smoke one of his cigarettes or cigars. So she just sat there in front of the warming fire, the smoke of the cigarette curling up around her.
    I am the blade of shadows embrace. Just because I am a user of an unholy power doesn't make me evil. For without light, a shadow cannot exist.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Heson Shadowbane is on discord! For those friends of mine that want to keep in touch with me just send me a message and I'll give ya my deets.

In the lab, building things to help protect others.
    Mostly Sci-fi, though anything that looks interesting.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wandered around the little complex, after I had eaten, and was just thinking back on my life... Not much to impress anyone. I figured that I would need to do some more to get some good experiences in the real world... Most of my life has been spent on one game or another... I wandered back into the house that I was locked in, and set about cleaning it up.
    Spoiler: RPG Personality 

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Six feet under, but coming to a theater near you
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

The fighting had ended and Bridget found herself alone among the dead. She had pushed her way though the horde, killing indiscriminately. The walkers had fallen around her, not all by her hand, as the other survivors had made a dent in their numbers from the wall. At one point, Markus had joined her, although he did not fight at her side, she had heard his crazed attack. Even one of the nurses had joined them. Together, they had been a killing force, one that might just have a chance against the undead if they stuck together.

”Together.” Bridget mused. She was not used to being part of a team--didn’t really consider herself a team player. But if today was any indication, there was a possibility that this group might just have what it would take to survive within these walls. Holding onto this thought, she pushed her way back to the gate wall and hoisted herself over.

Night had completely fallen and there was little light to guide her way, but Bree had no problem finding the house she and Sans had claimed. Stripping out of her soiled clothing, she washed quickly in the pool, leaving her clothes in a heap by the door. Once inside, she locked all the entrances and climbed the stairs. There was a robe hanging in one of the closets and she slipped it over her shoulders, pulling it tightly closed around her frame. Sans was fast asleep, the room he had chosen carrying a light scent of recently smoked reefer. With light steps, she entered his room, glancing at him tucked deeply into the blankets. Their relative safety allowed such a state and she envied his ability to take advantage of it. Dropping into a chair, she propped her wary feet onto the bed’s end and scooted lower, making herself comfortable. Tonight she would watch. She would listen. She would guard. Tomorrow was another day and she was surprised to find she was actually looking forward to meeting its bright rays.
    Last edited by bluemoon; 12-29-2012 at 04:45 PM.

That one Reaper Guy
    Mostly everything, I suppose
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Markus smiled up at Julie, feeling a strange feeling course through his fist.
    "I had to," he said in a raspy voice. The feeling was getting stronger. He moved his hand, despite the pain, to his face, and noticed the pus covered scratch.
    "Fuck." He lowered it, and looked back at Julie.
    "Looks like my stupidity got the best of me." He could tell she didn't want to hear it.
    "Your going to have to shoot me."
    Thanks to Karma for the Avatar and Signature

Fantasy, SciFi, Horror
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Julie heard what Markus was saying and saw the infection in his wound. She knew he was speaking logically, but that didn't mean it didn't break her heart. But she had to be strong for him and do what he asked. After all in the short time that she knew him, she had fallen in love with him. Give it to this shit world to take the only thing she had ever cared about away from her. Silent tears began to fall from her eyes as she reached for her gun. "I'm so sorry that I have to do this." She said as she walked around behind him and pressed the barrel into his head. "I love you.", she said as she pulled the trigger. There was a loud bang and a splatter of blood. And just like that..it was over. Markus..gone..her only hope in this fucked up world taken away from her and by her own had. Julie let out a blood curdling scream as she fell to her knees and began to sob into her hands. Her whole body convulsing and shaking, her breathing becoming shallow and scattered. Julie went on like this for what seemed liked hours.

By the time morning came Julie was finally composed. She stood and grabbed her bag and weapon's belt and excited the room with the splattered remains of Markus. The only thing tethering her to this group was now gone, she had no place left in Buckhead community. But that didn't mean her story or survival was over. It just meant this chapter in her life had come to an end. Julie went to Markus car, put the keys into the ignition and stepped on the gas. She drove out of the community and off into the unknown, ready for whatever would come her way next.

In the lab, building things to help protect others.
    Mostly Sci-fi, though anything that looks interesting.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I heard the shot, but thought nothing of it. I just continued to clean. The next morning, I heard Markus's car leave, and knew that it was not Markus driving, I didn't know how I knew, but I did. I got up, and grabbed the shotgun from the underside of my moving truck, and shot the lock off of the back, knowing that I would never get it open any other way. I climbed inside, and grabbed my G11, putting the shotgun back in its place, under the bumper.

I walked over to the nearest unused car, and siphoned the gas, knowing that I would need it in the future. I walked back to the truck, put the gas in the passenger seat, and started the truck. I drove as carefully as possible, leaving about half of my gear for the remaining group. I begin the search for my dad, today. Not knowing if he is still alive, but knowing that he has the most powerful weapons, as well as the ones that he would need to survive. I left the part out about him taking some of the crappier weapons, when I was talking to Markus, that first time. I only looked back at the gated community of Buckhead once. I sighed, then laughed at the similarities of my name, Buckstead, and the community.
    Spoiler: RPG Personality 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ruby ran away from the others. Having the two young girls there stressed her out and made her jealous. She missed her sister Rochelle and seeing them together reminded her of her dead sister. Ruby snuck out one night and left a letter behind for Jace. She was going to miss Jace and Milo. Jace felt like her older brother and Milo was the dog she never had. It killed her leaving them behind, but she had to do it. Tears were steaming down her face as she left the safety of the house and into the danger of the streets.

The girl found a small dairy and made herself at home there. She had to kill two walkers that were living in there but after that, no more walkers paid her a visit. There was enough food and water there for her to live off for a few weeks. But Ruby couldn't stay there forever. Soon enough the supplies would run out or the walkers would find a way in. Being alone meant that she was alone with her thoughts. She thought about her parents, her sister, her old life. Ruby didn't even know if her parents were even still alive. She kept saying to herself that they were gone, but a part of her hoped that they were alive together somewhere.

A month later Ruby decided to leave the dairy. A few walkers had entered the dairy and they just kept coming. Not all together, but a few would come each day. Ruby didn't think it was safe anymore and didn't want to risk it. So the young girl packed her bag with some supplies and left the dairy. Ruby found other houses to stay in, but she never stayed longer than a week in each place. She kept her eyes peeled for her parents, for anyone. But she never bumped into anyone. One day when she was about to leave another house, the sound of screaming caught her ears. The sound of a woman screaming. Ruby followed the sound of the noise and stopped in front of a woman who was being eaten alive by the walkers.

But something was keeping her eyes on this woman. Why did she feel like this woman was any importance? None of the walkers had noticed her as the sank their teeth into the woman. Her screaming slowly turned into moans and then silence. Ruby watched as the walkers stumbled away from the remains of the body and carried on their business. They must not have noticed Ruby. Ruby walked towards the remains of the body and knelt on her knees. Something silver was sparkling in the sunlight. Ruby held her breath as she reached into the flesh and blood of the body and picked up the thing that had caught her eye. It was a necklace. The necklace had a ruby stone in the middle of it on a silver change. Ruby turned the necklace over and noticed something was engraved in the back.

Ruby rubbed the blood away from the back of the necklace and squinted at the writing. She could barely read it, but she could only just work out what it said. "My love, Melissa Smith". Melissa Smith.....the name of her mother. Ruby could see it clearly now, like it was only yesterday. Her mother told her the story of her ruby necklace. Ruby's father had given it to her mother when they were only teenagers. He loved her with all of his heart, they had been together since sixteen. They had named Ruby after the ruby necklace.

Ruby was shaking from head to toe, she hadn't fully processed what had happened. This was her mother's necklace. Which only means that she was kneeling in her mother's blood. Ruby stood on her feet shakily, her heart racing like a horse running for it's life. She didn't know how to feel, what to do, what to say. Ruby slowly walked away from the scene, the necklace still in her hand. She wanted to find a place where she could scream and cry, let everything out. But even that seemed impossible now. Ruby walked away, not knowing where she was going but knew she had to get away. She had to escape from this nightmare.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Evangeline climbed into the wheelchair by herself and just managed to move herself and the wheelchair out of the room. She felt a lot better now that she could help herself. Evangeline left the others and turned the wheels of the wheelchair. She managed to get herself just outside of the door. Evangeline breathed in the fresh air and closed her blue eyes. She wondered what her life would be like now. Evangeline was very greatfull that she had finally found people. Even though technically the had found her and saved her. It sounded crazy, but she would rather give up her leg and be with people than be by herself.

Evangeline opened her eyes and looked down at her stump. It felt so weird not being able to stand on both feet. She would never be able to run, jump or dance again. But did it really matter? There was once the days that it did matter. People would judge the way you look, they would treat you differently. How would you be able to go clubbing? Go to your school balls? None of that would be an option anymore. But now there were no balls, no schools, no people who will judge. Everyone wants one thing and one thing only. To survive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Katarina ended up by herself. She decided that she preferred being on her own, that way she only had to deal with herself. After spending all of her life locked away from other people, she realized that she wasn't a 'people' person. Kat wasn't sure if this was because she wasn't use to people or if that was just who she was. She never bumped into Markus and the others again to her delight. Deep down Katarina missed the group, missed the drama. Being by herself was slowly growing old and boring. If Kat stumbled upon a different group, she would most likely join. Or maybe she wouldn't. Maybe Katarina was meant to ride solo.

The red-headed girl was walking down the street under the full moon. It was a quiet night with not many walkers around. Katarina kept her eyes peeled though, waiting for one of them to jump out. She was running out of supplies and needed to find a shop of some sort. It didn't take long for Kat to find a grocery store; so she went inside and packed her bag full of food and drink. Katarina yawned and rubbed her sore eyes. She was exhausted. Kat decided that it would probably be best for her to spend the night at the shop. There wasn't anywhere to sleep so she had to sleep on the floor. But Katarina was too tired to protest. She curled up on the ground and fell asleep.

It was the early stages of the morning when a scream woke Katarina up. She jumped to her feet, grabbed her bag and ran out of the store. She tried to follow where the scream was coming from, but she was too late. The screaming had stopped. Katarina sighed and walked the other direction instead. Whoever it was, was probably attacked by some walkers. Katarina didn't want to bump into any of them. The warm breeze was dancing through her tangled red hair, she gave up on trying to brush the knots out. She wasn't sure where she was headed next, she never did. She would walk for days sometimes. Katarina suddenly felt something hit her hard, the red headed girl pulled her knives out ready to attack. But it wasn't a walker. Katarina was staring into the frightened eyes of a young girl.

They stared into each others' eyes for a few minutes, both waiting for the other's next move. Katarina blinked away and placed her knives back in her pocket. Something about this young girl, something about the way the girl's bloodshot eyes pierced into hers....made her want to stay. Katarina has never felt this way before. The feeling of protection. She wanted to hold the girl in her arms and take her away to somewhere safe. "I'm Katarina" the red headed girl said as she held out a hand towards the girl. The young girl stared at Kat for a few seconds before taking her hand and shaking it. "I'm Ruby" the girl replied as she pulled her hand away.

After that, Katarina and Ruby stuck together. They were a team. They told each other their darkest secrets and swore that they would never leave each other's side. They didn't want anyone else to join them, but they did save some people that needed it. Ruby was everything to Katarina. Ruby would always call Kat 'Mum' and Kat would call Ruby 'Daughter'. They came from complete different backgrounds, but some how they worked. The girls were happy in each other's company, and forever they will be.

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 272829