Page 1 of 82 12351 ... LastLast

Thread: [PG 13] Zoids: Cataclysm (Part II)

A Dandy Guy in Space
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Bark
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Default [PG 13] Zoids: Cataclysm (Part II)

TO THE IC

“Deep in the far reaches of the milky way, there exists a small blue planet called Zi. On this planet live a race of metallic lifeforms with superior fighting skills. These are the Zoids.”

Spoiler: Setting and History 

Spoiler: Zoids: Cataclysm (Part 1) 

Spoiler: Character Sheet 

Spoiler: Genezoid Advantages and Disadvantages 

Spoiler: Human Advantages and Disadvantages 

Spoiler: Rules 

Current players:
    Spoiler: MarchingThunder- Agera 
    Spoiler: TheDoctor- Cadmus "Cad" Lakonen 
    Spoiler: The Bartender- Mora Richter 
    Spoiler: MaskOfSilence- Nell Lenheart 
    Spoiler: Ushima- Michael Knight 
    Last edited by TheDoctor; 11-01-2012 at 10:12 PM.

Thanks to Karma for the dandiest set
    Spoiler: RPs I'm in 

Anything and Everything.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So ready to get going? I know I am, I'm ready to post my CS at any time.
    "An absolute beginner on a real battlefield is a self-solving problem. An absolute beginner in a videogame is the concept of handicap given human form."
    -Cracked.com 6 Idiots you meet in every online game

A Dandy Guy in Space
    Bark
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

then post it, I'm ready for them. I'll put up my CS tomorrow I hope

Anything and Everything.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Agera
    Race: Genezoid
    Appearance:
    Spoiler: Agera's Appearance 1: 

Spoiler: Agera's Appearance 2: 

Height: 5' 2" or 157cm
    Weight: 106 lbs or 48kg
    Most of the time, all but the forward bangs of Agera's hair is kept tucked inside the blue beret she wears out of almost constant habit. She has a heavy coat that covers her entire body that she wears over her clothes when she goes into towns, sleeps, or is really any distance away from Berserk Fury.
    Zoid: Berserk Fury
    Spoiler: Berserk Fury Appearance 1 

Spoiler: Berserk Fury Appearance 2 

Zoid weapons and abilities:
    Weapons:
    ~2x Buster Claw
    ~1x Electron Fang
    ~2x Strike Claw
    ~1x Strike Smash Tail
    ~2x Strike Laser Claw
    ~3x Charged Particle Cannon (Main disabled due to damage, back two replaced.)
    ~3x AZ 185mm Beam Cannon (Two additional cannons have been mounted in place of the Buster Claw mounted CPC emitters.)
    Equipment:
    ~1x E-Shield Generator (Operating at 30% of maximum capacity.)
    ~3x Charged Particle Generator
    ~2x Vernier Thruster
    ~2x High Maneuver Thruster
    ~1x Ion Booster Pack
    ~4x Anchor
    Personality:
    Reluctant, right up front that one word describes nearly everything one needs to know about Agera. She's shy, quiet, and very reluctant to be dragged into anything that she doesn't know everything about. Even more so, despite having training in hand-to-hand combat and an immensely powerful zoid partner, Agera shuns all forms of fighting whenever and wherever possible. Running is her preferred method of resolving a conflict, and if she can't run away Agera does her best to make a fast, solid show of power to intimidate her opponent so she can stop fighting. This avoidance stems from the loss of multiple zoid partners in the past which has left her with a deep seated reluctance to fight. When fighting is the only option available though, both Agera and Berserk Fury are more than capable of wiping the floor with most any opposing force.
    Morals/Beliefs:
    Agera sees every zoid as living being just as noble and intelligent as any human or genezoid. She stays as far away from any and all fights as she can but occasionally comes by the aftermath of battles to lend what aid she can to the survivors.
    Bio:
    Agera was born into a group of more... militant genezoids. This group raised the children communally in a nomadic system and as such, Agera was never acquainted with her birth parents. As she grew up, Agera was trained in hand-to-hand combat and piloted her first zoid at the age of six. The tribe she was a part of made a habit of frequent raids against human groups and settlements across Zi to survive. This was the pattern of life that Agera followed till she was nine when she lost her first, and so far only partner zoid during one of the tribes' raids.

The loss of the zoid scarred Agera emotionally and mentally even as she was put back into the saddle with her tribe as she piloted two more zoids into combat over the next three years, losing both of them within only a few months of beginning to bond with them. Shortly after that, Agera left her tribe, taking as much as she could with her as she left into a desert wasteland on her own, with no partner.

For the better part of two years, Agera eked out a life scavenging what she could and selling it when she encountered traders. Nearing on her fifteenth birthday, Agera stumbled through her latest scavenge location till she found the Berserk Fury. It took only a matter of minutes for the two to begin bonding and forming a link of trust, as both were damaged, Fury physically, Agera mentally. It took a great deal of time for the Fury to come to understand and accept Agera's feelings about fighting, but eventually the zoid accepted that unnecessary conflict was just that; unnecessary.

Now Agera and Berserk Fury wander everywhere between the capitals as they scavenge whatever they can to make a living.
    Last edited by MarchingThunder; 10-12-2012 at 06:04 AM.
    "An absolute beginner on a real battlefield is a self-solving problem. An absolute beginner in a videogame is the concept of handicap given human form."

A Dandy Guy in Space
    Bark
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Looks good. Is it just me...or does Agera's first appearance make it look like she has a...frontbutt?

Also, I added a small paragraph at the end of the summary of part 1. Make sure you read it, it is important.

Anyway, here's my CS.

Name: Cadmus "Cad" Lakonen

Spoiler: Cadmus Appearance 

Zoid: None right now

Zoid weapons and abilities: N/A

Personality: Cadmus is pessimistic, stubborn, and grim. He looks at life in a negative way, driven only by vengeance and anger. He isn't someone that you want to piss off, and he will never give up a fight once it has started. Sometimes he starts a fight only to forget why it happened in the first place, for he holds grudges foolishly. He sometimes doesn't think about his actions before he does them, which is problematic in many cases.

Morals/Beliefs: Cadmus believes that zoids are always meant to be seen as companions, not tools of war or pets. He also thinks that genezoids, humans, and zoids are all equal. He has some very slight prejudice against humans because he thinks they caused the last war, but that is only because he grew up learning to be wary around them. However, due exposure to them, his slight prejudice has been worn down, and although he has his views about the previous war, he doesn't let them affect his judgement of others. If someone is being persecuted, attacked, or abused, Cadmus will stick up for them, but he doesn't want that person's gratitude. He only wants justice.

Bio: Cad was born to a nice genezoid household in a rural town. His father was a retired mercenary who served as a protector for their town while his mother was a school teacher. He was an only child. School was a necessity in their town, and Cad had gone to the one-room schoolhouse for as long as he could remember with his mom as the teacher. This was where Cad learned to see humans as the cause of the war. His dream, however, was to become a zoid pilot

When Cad became old enough, he became apprenticed under a zoid engineer, which is where he learned his knowledge about zoids. He would always love to bond with zoids that were recently healed or improved in the shop, fusing with the zoid and sharing knowledge with it. After many years, Cad learned the many ways to interact with a zoid, like how to treat it with respect and how to know when the zoid impresses their will upon yours. He learned the different movements of the zoid and how a fused genezoid’s thoughts may influence the movements.

On his 15th birthday, Cad’s town was attacked by bandits. His mother was killed in the raid, and his father and his zoid simply vanished. He was torn between feeling sympathy for his father if he was captured and anger at him if he ran away. He ran from his town as far as he could, running out of fear, loneliness, grief, heartache, and most of all, vengeance. Vengeance for his family, his family that had just crumbled in his hands. It was his birthday as well. What kind of birthday present was that?

Collapsing from exhaustion in the middle of the desert that surrounded part of his village, he lost consciousness. When he awoke, he heard a roar and a crash from nearby. In front of him was a wild Murasame Liger with a large gash between its eyes that curved down to the right side of its mouth, sparking with energy. There was another wound on the zoid’s side, a deep cut that curved from the left flank to the underbelly of the zoid. Several other wounds were apparent on the liger, but they were not as major as the wounds on its face and left side. Obviously feisty and angered, the Murasame Liger was crouched low and growling at Cad. He noted the massive blade on the liger’s back, which was revolving to its left side to guard the injury. Trying to show the beast that he would cause no harm, Cad relaxed his body and put his hands up for the zoid to see. The liger flinched as Cad raised his hands, and then it pounced on him, trapping him under the its paw. The zoid roared at Cad, pressing his paw a bit harder on him. Attempting to calm the beast, Cad touched its mind.

I don’t want to hurt you, I want to help you! I would-

YOU ARE A GENEZOID. GENEZOIDS HURT. GENEZOIDS DAMAGE. GENEZOIDS KILL.

Is that who did that to you? A group of genezoids?

YES. GENEZOIDS ABUSED ME EVER SINCE ME CREATION. THEY TORTURED ME, TRIED TO KILL ME. YOU ARE A GENEZOID. YOU WANT TO HURT ME.

No, no! My name is Cadmus Lakonen, I want to help you! I would never want to abuse a zoid, never! Let me heal your wounds, I swear I can help. I know a great deal about zoids!

CADMUS LAKONEN, YOU ARE A GENEZOID. YOU LIE. GENEZOIDS LIE.

No, I’m not lying to you! Please, let me go and I can help you! I can nourish you back to health! Please trust me, not all genezoids are like the ones you encountered. We want to work with zoids, be their companions. Let me please try to heal you. If I cause you any more pain, then you can kill me right on the spot. Just trust me in this.

……….NO MORE PAIN. I GIVE YOU MY TRUST. CADMUS LAKONEN, DO NOT LIE.

I won’t.

With that, he fused with the zoid. He examined the damage from his place in the zoid core. The gash on the liger’s side was deep, but not deep enough to damage the core. That could be healed. Cad used some of his energy to close the wound (the equivalent of a scab for humans). He withdrew the zoid’s subconscious attention from the wound, causing it to no longer hurt the zoid. Focusing on the zoid’s head, he did the same. By that time, he was too exhausted to treat the minor wounds. Withdrawing from the zoid, Cad emerged as a ball of energy and then landed on the ground in front of the liger, forming into his body once again and kneeling from exhaustion.

CADMUS LAKONEN. YOU HAVE….helped me. Thank you for healing me.

See what I mean? Not all genezoids want to hurt you.

I understand. Cadmus Lakonen, you are a kind genezoid. Where do you belong?

I need to get back to my town. I can’t continue my journey like this.

Very well. Fuse with me again, and I shall accompany you back to your town.

Once again fusing with the liger, Cad relaxed as the liger read his thoughts, recognized the location of his town, and began to journey back. When he got back to the town, Cad left the zoid. He touched the zoid’s thoughts again.

Thank you for taking me back. You are a kind zoid as well.

Your town is unsafe, Cadmus Lakonen, and I am still wounded. I will gladly protect your town if you continue to heal my wounds.

I would love that! Only, I don’t have your name.

I have no such thing.

You have to have a name! Fine I will call you Rigon. It’s what my dad always called his zoid.

I am Rigon, then.

Rigon and Cad grew closer and closer over the years. Rigon protected the town from further bandit raids, and even after Cad had healed Rigon, the zoid stayed with him. Cad eventually let go his grudge against the bandits and became a mercenary like his father (after finding another person to defend the town). Althought he still grieved for his family, Rigon was there for him.

Then the Zoid Prime took him away. Killed him.

Driven by rage and fury, Cadmus utilized a power that he had used against the Zoid Prime: by using his ability to fly into zoids, he was able to slam into the Dark Spiner, knocking it away during the fight. During his time alone wandering the wastelands of Zi, Cadmus has trained himself with this power, using it to battle other zoids on his own. Although it exhausts him to use it, it has become very useful. He has also trained himself physically, and as he hit another growth spurt, muscles started to layer onto his body. And as his body grew bigger, he learned how to fight. He is now a very proficient fighter, battling with very little defense but very toned offense (much like his style when battling zoids).

In his time alone, though, he has battled both military and bandits who got in his way. This has earned him a reputation, and although no one really knows his name, he became known as the "Blue Devil." Now he is hunting the Zealots underneath Zoid Prime.

He is currently wandering around Zi, approaching a small town called Dust Town...
    Last edited by TheDoctor; 10-12-2012 at 12:20 AM.

Better Then Expected
    Mature, Romance, Parody, General
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I'll have my CS up soon

MaskofSilence

I should have my CS up by tomorrow.

Anything and Everything.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

...I never saw such a thing before, but now that you have posed such a question I can't help but see it even though it really isn't there so ill be editting with a new image in short order.

A Dandy Guy in Space
    Bark
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I don't know, I just SAW it and I couldn't see it any other way. It was very odd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lookie lookie, Doc is really eager to get into the Hall of Fame! I shall join this second clash as I didn't be present in the first one.

Name: Mora Richter

Appearance:

Spoiler: Mora Appearance 1 

Spoiler: Mora Appearance 2 

Zoid: Raynos

Spoiler: Raynos 

Zoid weapons and abilities:

2x Storm Claw
    2x Spike Claw
    2x 72mm Vulcan Cannon
    3-Barrel Beam Cannon

3D Electronic Radar
    Anti-aircraft missile Bay Hard Point

Personality:
    Always pushy but still somehow cute (A Tsundere!!!), Mora sometimes sulks in a corner of the room and draws something, other time she argues with anybody about everything and anything and in next moment she starts to flirt with the next person. Her mood changes all the time and most of the people she interacts with are quiet confused and also nerved due of this fact.

Morals/Beliefs:
    Mora has quiet strange taste when it comes to ethics and moral. She has no own opinion in the matter of Zoids being machines or living creatures as she just enjoys to be near Zoid Prime and help him to reach is goal. She never argues with Zoid Prime and follows all his orders without hesitation even if it would lead her into her own death.

Bio: Mora grew up in the Republic and as the only Genezoid in her family she always received the most attention from her parents (It didn't make her popular in the eyse of her 3 siblings). She was usually bullied by her eldest brother but it was all part of a "game" they played. actually her brother was her best "friend" of all.
    Mora and the rest of her family lived peacefully in the capital of the republic. She went to school like everybody else would do, do chores and everything a girl in that age would do.

Mora's 15th birthday was right before the Prime zoid incident and not long after the war broke out, she was stopped by a strange group of persons who called themselves "Zealots". They were looking for suitable persons to join them and they gave Mora a CD with all information she would need, what they did was still a mystery for Mora.
    When she got home she began to do research on the group and also looked what was inside the CD;
    It was a message to not follow the leaders of the countries and to organize themselves to help the great leader; Prime Zoid.
    Mora found the man facinating and began to gather all information about him; pictures (mostly fakes), rumors and such. It began to turn into obsession to Mora to meet that unbelivable... facinating and mysterious man who promised to get rid of the war and agony of the humans.

About half a year later Mora met the Zealots again and asked them if she could join them. Even thought most of them just laughed, they decided to test Mora and see if she would fit to be one of them. Mora was taken into a underground Hangar in which many Zoids were waiting for new recruits and Mora was ordered to choose one which she would think was in her reach to control. The young girl chose the only Raynos in the hall and received more laughs from the Zealots. As she didn't understand what she had done wrong one of them explained that she had just picked the hardest to control Zoid they had.

Mora didn't mind that thought and after few hours near the Raynos it began to speak with her. Another hour passed and the Raynos let her touch him and after few more hours, she was flying the Zoid without any problems.
    The zealots were stunned to see how far Mora could make it in only few hours and so they decided that she was good enough to join their ranks. Mora was then brought into the HQ of the Zealots and there she received the typical mark of a Zealot.

Today she works as a scout for the zealots, mostly undercover and its quiet rare to see her flying her Raynos which usually waited in the area for Zoids. Mora has cut off all her connections with her family and in military and police reports she has been declared missing or dead.
    due of this fact, Mora usually wears a mask that covers her face and also changes her voice so that she is mostly mistaken for a boy.
    Thank you Bia for the amazing Signature and Avatar!

Spoiler: Gangnam Style! 

Page 1 of 82 12351 ... LastLast