Page 152 of 156 FirstFirst ... 102150151152153154 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 1554

Thread: WH40K General Discussion

June MotM 2014
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

I swear I have an addiction, I haven’t played, built, painted, or written about 40k in nearly 2 years and I’m still buying the rule sets.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Unlike other people that I know, at least you're only buying the rules...

June MotM 2014
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PaintSerf View Post
    Unlike other people that I know, at least you're only buying the rules...
    Yeah, but they get expensive, and when you don't use them... I don't know what's worse, at least they were actively playing. With our powers combined!
    Last edited by Jarms48; 12-27-2017 at 04:24 AM.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

i tried watching a battle report....wht the fuck hppened. there's so mny new rules and things, why? commnd tokens nd whatnot, I don't get it. go back to previous edition

Spoiler: Things I like 

June MotM 2014
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

This thread hasn’t been used for sometime. I see the dust collecting. Just like the dust on my minis. Lol.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Ah, you see, the trick to avoid dust on your minis is simple.

You leave them in the box, unassembled.

June MotM 2014
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PaintSerf View Post
    Ah, you see, the trick to avoid dust on your minis is simple.

You leave them in the box, unassembled.
    I see you’re a man of culture as well! The very same minis I mentioned in the above post from 2017 remain unassembled! It’s been 4 years now. In fact I even sold some of them.

The Last Remembrancer
    Modern times or Sci-Fi games.
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

I'm probably going to end my brief love affair with 8th soon. The start of the edition was lovely, but currently the various combo's and net-lists being produced are just insane. I'll probably go back to Heresy with my Knights and Raven Guard.

June MotM 2014
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dakkagor View Post
    I'm probably going to end my brief love affair with 8th soon. The start of the edition was lovely, but currently the various combo's and net-lists being produced are just insane. I'll probably go back to Heresy with my Knights and Raven Guard.
    How is 8th? From the rule set it looks like GW streamlined a lot of things. I haven’t had the chance to play or read the codexes though.

How’s the Guard codex? Better or worse than 7th?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarms48 View Post
    I see you’re a man of culture as well! The very same minis I mentioned in the above post from 2017 remain unassembled! It’s been 4 years now. In fact I even sold some of them.
    Yeah...I'll admit, I have way too many toys.

Quote Originally Posted by dakkagor View Post
    Agreed on 8th - my regular gaming buddy and I, once he's able to get back into the swing of things once his twins are a bit older, are flat out abandoning this edition. We're thinking of going back to the original sin of 3rd, or some Frankenstein's monster of the best rules cherry picked across editions.

How are the rules for Heresy, by the way? That's one that never quite managed to make it off the ground around here.

It especially wasn't helped by FW going to 'local currency' rather than something relatively close to the actual exchange rate (post-referendum, naturally) and GW using it as an excuse to torque up the already vaguely obscene prices even as they phased out extensive amounts of the Heresy (upgrade kits and such) and some of the neater figures like the Krieg.

How is 8th? From the rule set it looks like GW streamlined a lot of things. I haven’t had the chance to play or read the codexes though.
    8th was very streamlined and the rules in special rules in each new army book were relatively mild and consistent...at the beginning of the edition. Two years in, with all of the FAQs and additions through newer books and other 'living rules' updates, it feels as if you haven't been kept consistent with 8th from the beginning than you're not getting it - at least from my perspective, as someone who hasn't.

It feels a lot like the end of 7th, where you've got an extensive amount of books you'll need to buy and keep on hand, which after being burnt by that phenomenon last time...I'm not to keen to repeat that.

How’s the Guard codex? Better or worse than 7th?
    Guard is a bit ill-served by this edition.

They're broadly represented as a key ingredient in the so-called soup armies which dominate the 8th meta, as generally speaking there hasn't been much incentive in the rules to not simply pick the most efficient choices, and damn anything else, especially when it comes to command points.

One of the most common is 'The Loyal 32' which is merely three squads of barebones infantry and commanders to min-max the CPs, with the most gimmick relics and warlord traits to help regenerate them, and essentially use them to fuel units from other armies which are ravenous for CPs like Imperial Knights, and often assisted by something ridiculous like a bunch of Blood Angel captains who've fallen into the Black Rage who'll deep strike and charge around with thunder hammers.

They suffer because rather than fix the insanity which is soup, GW initially has gone the other direction and taken it out on the Guard. Commissars were Commissars once again for a moment...and then were eviscerated, when they were too effective at keeping allied conscript meat shields allied in line...while literally keeping the same round-about mechanic available to Valhallans (which were already the meatshield go-to) but better for the cost of an easy come, easy go relic.

Although it seems like with the newest Marine codex (with now all but mandatory supplemental books) is trying to bake in some benefits for mono-builds...although this is GW, and they can and will change for little or no reason.

Page 152 of 156 FirstFirst ... 102150151152153154 ... LastLast