Page 154 of 156 FirstFirst ... 104152153154155156 LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 1554

Thread: WH40K General Discussion

RPA Honor Guard
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

yeah earth had an energy crisis, i think it was mentioned in the novelization, or like in the movie, but only a little bit. the company was helping by doing somewith with algae (i forget what) but that was only stopgap.

unobtanium was an incredibly potent energy source

Spoiler: Things I like 

June MotM 2014
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cfavano View Post
    yeah earth had an energy crisis, i think it was mentioned in the novelization, or like in the movie, but only a little bit. the company was helping by doing somewith with algae (i forget what) but that was only stopgap.

unobtanium was an incredibly potent energy source
    Interesting. I always find it as a bit of a cop-out when science fictions say energy crisis. If they can go to another galaxy then it should be safe to assume they’ve cracked fusion. Which means mining on the moon for Helium3 should be able to provide Earth with at least hundreds of years of clean energy. The asteroid belts should be able to provide everything else for at least a millennia. Even before moving to the asteroid belt there’s Mercury, Venus and Mars. The two former could have solar sails to reduce temperature and capture solar energy to make an outpost and mining operation possible. This is even possible with our current technology.

Mars is even easier. They could use solar sails again, or introduce carbon into the air to promote a greenhouse effect to create an atmosphere. Which is ironic because a vessel could bring coal, oil, etc and bleach as much carbon into the atmosphere as possible. Then the returning vessel would bring back valuable materials. Other silly ways to give Mars an atmosphere is to nuke it (and you’ll need a lot of them), intentional asteroid bombardments, plus many more.

I might look up a summary of the novelisation and see if there was some any other factors. Such as rampant global warming, nuclear war, etc.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

i think space and food also was a factor

- - - Updated - - -

and the initial jump to pandor was 'last shot' thing as in, if it failed, that was it. but luckily, it didn't

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

June MotM 2014
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

I had the ideal of mixing and matching Knight and Baneblade weapons onto the Macharius chassis. The Macharius is suppose to be a second generation Baneblade designed to fill up a production shortfall of super heavy vehicles, so it makes sense that over time more variants might start appearing. Depending on need or the worlds they were built on. I know the Ad-Mech normally dislikes innovation but Crawl seems to be changing that somewhat.

So here’s some variants I thought of:

Turreted Versions:
    - Macharius Prometheus: Armed with twin thermal cannons (from the Knight Errant).
    - Macharius Blade: Armed with a baneblade cannon (from the Baneblade). Basically swapping the twin battlecannons for a single more powerful one.

Casemate/hull mounted versions:

- Macharius Valiant: Armed with a conflagration cannon (from the Knight Valiant).
    - Macharius Hammer: Armed with a tremor cannon (from the Banehammer).
    - Macharius Hellhammer: Armed with a hellhammer cannon (from the Hellhammer).
    - Macharius Prometheus (alternate): Armed with a magma cannon (from the Doomhammer). This is an alternate take on the turreted version, though it could be possible to have both. As the above would still have the hull twin heavy stubbers and a different points cost. Though bear-in-mind that the magma cannon has better range, strength and AP than the thermal cannon.
    - Macharius Siege: Armed with a siege cannon (from the Stormsword).

Why are these relevant? Because they allow titanic weapons at discounted costs. You don’t have to pay heavy bolter or demolisher cannon taxes to field them. So something like a Macharius Valiant might be 310 - 320 points, while a Macharius Hellhammer might be closer to 370 - 380 points.

What do you think? Personally I just love the Macharius and think they need more attention.
    Last edited by Jarms48; 03-15-2021 at 08:48 AM.

June MotM 2014
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

I did it for 7th edition, now I've gone and done it again for 9th edition. Massive document outlying changes for a potential 9th edition codex for IG. Bear-on-mind that I didn't adjust it with the 2021 points costs yet.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

June MotM 2014
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

This is great quality but it’s pretty fucked up. Really brings the horror of 40k. Age 15+ only you were warned.

June MotM 2014
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

June MotM 2014
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

My partner is telling me I should make an Imperial Guard youtube channel. So I can have an audience for all my balance suggestions, unit ideas, and tactics.

I can't lie, I'd definitely be interested in doing it. I just don't know where to start, and I don't know if I'll have the quality of something like Auspex Tactics, or if channels like Mordian Glory will think I'm stealing their ideas.

June MotM 2014
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

I made rules for taking Militarum Tempestus in an Inquisition detachment. Regiment units in a Tau detachment and regiment units in a CSM detachment.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...OS1zRub8E/edit

I tried to keep it as simple as possible and explain what exactly changes when taking them in each detachment. The Chaos one looks like a lot, but really it’s just that they have so many different sub-factions.

Basically it works pretty similar to Brood Brothers, swap around a few keywords. Suddenly you can now have a Chaos Lord running around with his Traitor Guardsmen, whilst the Traitor Company Commander barks orders and keeps them organised. Instead of being purely degenerate Cultists.
    Last edited by Jarms48; 04-30-2021 at 09:43 AM.

Page 154 of 156 FirstFirst ... 104152153154155156 LastLast