Page 1 of 13 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] International School of Peacemakers (Steampunk/school/supernatural/romance)

Randomly Consistent
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy/medieval settings, the high seas, and some dystopian futuristic stuff.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default [M] International School of Peacemakers (Steampunk/school/supernatural/romance)

Rated [M] for romance, wartime situations, bullying, international prejudices, supernatural horrors, death, alcohol/tobacco/drug use, gore, assassinations, betrayals and dangerous situations.

Welcome to the International School of Peacemakers! (ISP)
    (A Steampunk/Supernatural/Boarding School Group RP)

For rules and basic background please see the OOC thread.

The year is 1916, and the Great War has been growing over the past two years. The International School of Peacemakers (ISP), located in Switzerland has been a refuge for the children of the wealthy and influential for decades. Kings and presidents have schooled here, and it is world-renowned for its excellent education and cross-cultural environment. The children of both Allied forces and the Central Powers live and learn here, insulated from most of the intrigue and danger that plagues their homelands.

Each student has been assigned room mates prior to the first day of school.

Dorm Layout

Spoiler: Room mate assignment 

This is the first day of school, or Orientation Day, as some call it. All the parents are currently in a meeting with the school administration while the students have some time to unpack and meet their room mates. Then there will be a Whole School Orientation at 4pm, followed by dinner at 6pm. Afterwards most of the parents will be leaving. At 8pm there is a meeting for those of you who are 'special' students, while the rest of the school is invited to a social hour.

Please take the opportunity to get to know the others in your dorm, and starting Monday, Nov. 5th I will start the 'official' story!

Randomly Consistent
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alexander Riegler drew his hand through his hair and looked at the campus. It reminded him of a medieval castle. Actually, it once was a castle fortress, but several decades ago a man envisioned an international school where people from all countries could send their children to study safely together, and thus the International School of Peacemakers was born.

Alex looked at his dorm assignment. He was in room 'A' with a boy his age named Corbin Dash from the United States; that fledgling colony country that had so recently broke from European rule to forge their own country. There was still some debate over whether the young country had broke from British rule or Spanish influences, but it was understood that they were their own invention whatever the case might be.

"Great," he muttered to himself. His room mate would probably be wearing cowboy spurs and spewing off about the great Iron Road across the wilderness. He found his dorm and eventually his room. It was the smallest of the three, and had a bunk bed that barely fit into the small one hundred square foot space.

Rank has it's privileges.

Being a Freshman in the school made him the bottom of the trash heap. He tossed his bag on the bottom bunk to claim it as his own. He didn't bring much to school initially. Boxes would arrive as he called for them, but for now...he didn't need much. Alex pocketed his room key and stepped out into the main area of the dorm suite to look at his new home.

Give into Decay...
    RPAFanfiction
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Corbin walks into the main room exited to join a new school and get out of his uncles house. “Hello” Corbin yelled hoping to get a reply. He looked around and walked into his dorm room. “Hello” he yelled again. His ears tinkled and he thinks he hears something.

Good old Fantasy, with new twists.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Flicking strands in her long hair over her shoulder, Demara entered the door rooms. A thin slip of parchment rested in hand. On it was written the simple phrase 'room A' Her hazel eyes traced over the simple word, and letter. Shaking her head, she folded the parchment, and neatly tucked it into a pocket on her clothing.

Clearing her throat, Demara looking around. No one else had arrived, as of yet. Perfect. That meant she could claim the top bunk. She smirked, and suavely stepped into her room, which was the smallest of the three that were in the girls' dorm. It would only be few years before she was moved into one of the bigger rooms...

She tossed the small bag she was carrying onto her bed- The top bunk, that is. Her parents had told her to only pack for a day or two. It was less troublesome that way. They had sent a large portion of money with her so that she could buy most of her clothing for the school year while she was there in Switzerland. It was much easier than packing everything that she would need. Besides, they knew how much she enjoyed redesigning her wardrobe. And they had decided that it would be a birthday gift for her, since they would not be able to see her on the actual day itself. How could Demara have argued with an offer like that?

Wandering into the bathroom, she admired the large mirror over the sinks. Approaching it, she quickly inspected her make-up. She found it flawless, as usual. Frowning, she realized she would be sharing this bathroom with three other girls.

Backing away, she walked back to the beds, reaching up to where her pack was. She felt for the hard lump of wood that she knew to be her pipe. Demara made certain that it was tucked deep in the folds of her pack. It wouldn't do if a tattle-tale found it. Thinking of her room mates, she reached back into the pocket on her clothing, taking out the small bit of paper again. She unfolded it, and looked on the reverse side. It read 'Len Pasternak'.

"What an odd name." She said to herself, looking the paper over. It was a Russian name. What idiot had put her in the same room as a Russian? She hastily folded the paper up again. This time it crumpled upon being forced into her pocket.
    Spoiler: Clicky clicky -------> 

Randomly Consistent
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alexander heard some one calling out "Hello!" in the main part of the dorm. He walked out there to see a young boy about his age, with black hair and green eyes. The freckles on his face gave him a friendly, approachable air.

"Hello," Alex replied. He hesitated briefly before extending his right hand. "I'm Alexander Reigler." He still had his coat on, and seemed a little bit uncertain how to act with another person his age. "I trust your journey went well."

Now why did I say that? I sound like an idiot.

He tried to smile through the self-reproaching comments going through his head. "So...uhm. Which room are you in?"

Give into Decay...
    RPAFanfiction
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Corbin looks at the boy staring at him and says “I’m Corbin from the US and I’m in room A”. This is the first person he met and he has to make a good first impression. First impressions are really important. “How about your opinion on slavery”. Corbin slaps his head felling stupid. “hello” he says again dropping his hand from his face.

Randomly Consistent
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alexander quirked his mouth. "Uhm...I'd rather not be one, I suppose. I have a hard enough time remembering to make my own bed everyday." He smiled. "Your room's over there. I'm your roommate Alex."

He hesitated again. "I already said that, didn't I?" He looked around to see if Corbin had any suitcases that needed to be carried. "I guess we're the first ones here."

That was obvious. I'm an idiot.

MaskofSilence

"Hey Sis, wake up." Shifting, Rayna Christova murmured something and then let her eyes fall shut again. She was tired and didn't really feel like getting up quite yet. She clearly heard the sigh that came from her bother, but choose to ignore it. Right as she was on the brink of fall back asleep, she felt something touch her side. Laughter started to bubble up from her chest as her brother tickled her in order to wake her up.

"Stefan! I'm up, I'm up." As if to prove her point, she sat up with her back straight while she shoved her oldest brother away. Rayna loved him, but god he could act like a kid sometimes. By the time she had gotten him to stop, they were at the school. Both siblings got out of the car. Grabbing the luggage they carried it to her room, which had taken a minute to find.

Once found, Rayna gaped, the room was huge and according to the roster, they were going to have extra bed. She knew that her roommate wasn't here yet and that she got to claim the bed first. Choosing the one that was closest to the window, placeing her things down, she then turned to Stefan. Two strides and he was towering over her. Gently, he wrapped his arms around his little sister and rested his head on hers. Out of all the siblings in the house, they were the closest. "If you ever need me. You know how to reach me." He then placed a kiss on her forehead. "Love you sis, we"ll miss you. " He then reluctantly released her and slowly walked out of the room.

Sighing sadly, she took to distracting herself with unpacking and organizing her part of the room while she waited for her roommate to arrive. Suddenly another noise, someone else was already here. Wandering out into the main room, she called out a tentative, "H-h-ello-o."
    Last edited by MaskofSilence; 11-03-2012 at 05:47 AM.

Give into Decay...
    RPAFanfiction
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Corbin looked at Alex in silence then said “Alex nice to…” then hesitates.

Do I reach out my hand?

He continued and said “Nice to meet you” but didn’t put out his hand. “Slavery is bad very bad Yea bad” He says.

Any :o
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As soon as Morgan Rizzo showed up to the school, she felt more relieved than she thought she would ever feel, especially when she went from a place like Italy, all the way to Switzerland. Travelling countries with her family was the craziest idea ever, but her mom was still so overprotected over the baby of the family, she couldn't travel there alone. But her mom just couldn't leave the rest behind either.

"Who will feed them? I've never seen your brother and sister fend for themselves, and your father comes home so tired, why would I put him through more work to making him and our kids a meal?" Her mom had asked, giving Morgan an incredulous look when she asked about just being a 'mother and daughter' trip. In truthfulness though, Morgan didn't want her brother Ian to go along, he'd end up giving her more trouble. But she lost that argument real fast.

So when her family departed to go to some Parent Orientation as soon as they arrived and helped Morgan get her stuff up to the floor the dorm was on, she stood there, just taking in the silence. It felt great to be alone finally, but being all the way here, where she knew no one, overwhelmed her. 'Why is it so hard for me to get to know people the first time?' "Alright.. let's just get this over with." she muttered, looking down at the dorm information. "Room B, roommate is... Sophia Linna?"

Shrugging, she pulled her stuff into the dorm, noticing that two girls already moved in. But they were in the other rooms, not hers. 'So Sophia isn't here yet. Well, that kind of saves the awkwardness I suppose.' She thought, not saying a word to the girls yet as she set her stuff down in the room, picking the bed near the window almost immediately.

"Well, maybe this won't be so bad. But where is Sophia Linna from.. doesn't sound like a name I would hear from the countries I'm familiar with.." Morgan whispered, sitting down and looking at the parchment again.

Page 1 of 13 123 ... LastLast