Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Briarcliff Mental Institution OOC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default [M] Briarcliff Mental Institution OOC

This RP is rated M for sexual content language, violence, drugs, and gore.

I’ve been watching this show called American Horror Story: Asylum. And let me tell you, it is very very interesting. I would like to do something similar. No we don’t have to have the same exact characters as the TV show does, be original! If you would like to play a character from the show be my guest! I haven’t been the GM of a role play yet so I apologize if I’m not very good at it. I hope this takes off and gets some great people to RP with ^.^ I would like to keep some of the elements from the show though.

The headmistress is a Nun who has killed someone, has a drinking problem and has a thing for the minister. The doctor is mutilating bodies and doing who knows what with them (I know ;D) and he said to be an ex-Nazi that experimented on the little Jewish girls of the camps. The minister is in on the experiments on the patients with the doctor and helps keep him from being found out. There is a young nun helping the headmistress who has been possessed by something and she is turning violent and very sexual, well too sexual for a Nun. Some of the guards mess around with the better looking and more sane girls in the psych ward.

That is the basics of it all. Isn’t it just one big mess of a place? If I can think of more as we go along I will add to it, and if you guys have any ideas feel free to PM me and we can toss around ideas None of the characters know of anything for sure; they have their speculations and ideas but NO ONE knows about the dark secrets that the

PLOT
    The year is 1964 in the spring time, and instead of being outside enjoying the fresh flowers and spring breeze you are locked up. In a mental institution. You have either been in the asylum for some time now, or have just been admitted. No one cares how you got here, what your story is, or how they treat you. The staff seems to be as cold as the stone walls on your room, the pills forced down your throat are painful and that doctor is eyeballing you with this disturbing lust in his eyes. You know something isn’t right here, or are you really just crazy and imagining all the strange shit going on in this place?

The headmistress in charge of the institution is a very bitter old woman and is hell bent to make your stay as horrid as possible. You step one toe out of line you get whipped or you are sent off to that doctor for experimental therapy. She seems to be hiding something and it’s not something a Nun should be hiding. This old lady has a very dirty secret she keeps hidden under those sacred robes of hers and doesn’t intend to let any of you find out.

The rumors running circulating around about the doctor are terrifying. Someone at lunch heard that a girl went back there for some experimental therapy and she hasn’t been seen since. One of the patients said they snuck outside at night and saw some sort of monster gnawing on what looked to be flesh; that patient was never heard from again. Sometimes at night when everyone is sound asleep screams can be heard from the doctor’s operating room. And a word to the wise, don’t try and leave because you’ll either be found by the staff or whatever waits outside.

Are you going to sit by and let the staff harass you and wait for the doctor to call you back to his office? Or will you come up with a plan and make your way out of this place? It’s up to you, let’s just hope you make it.

RULES OF THE ASYLUM

1. Lights out at 10:00 P.M Monday-Thursday. Friday-Saturday 11:30 P.M Sunday 8:30. You wake up every morning at 8:00 A.M, no excuses.
    2. You are not allowed outside unless it is recess and you are accompanied by a guard. If you are found outside at any other time you will be punished.
    3. Breakfast is served from 8:30-9:30. Lunch is served from 12:30-1:30. Dinner is served from 6:00-7:00. If you don’t come to meal times you starve.
    4. You are only allowed to be in your room, the hallway of your room, the rec room, restrooms and the dining room. If you are found anywhere else you will be punished.
    5. You are to treat all staff with respect. If you fail to do so, you will be punished.
    6. Violence with other patients will NOT be tolerated.
    7. Smoking is only permitted outside or in the rec room.
    8. You are to keep your room clean at all times. This includes your bed being made, light being off when you leave, any tokens your loved ones bring are to kept neat in your room.
    9. Sexual relations with the patients or staff is forbidden.

Failure to comply with any of the rules listed will result in punishment (will be decided by the headmistress) and solitary confinement.

RULES OF THE RP
    1. Please be friendly to everyone here. Rudeness is not cute!
    2. Please wait until I give you the okay to join.
    3. When posting in the IC please post at least 1-2 paragraphs. We need something to respond to! If you just write a few sentences it can bring the RP to a standstill. I understand writers block, but not in every post.
    4. Try not to go over 5 paragraphs. If you are playing multiple characters that’s fine. I just don’t want the less advanced people to afraid and run off. ^.^
    5. I don’t mind romance going on during the RP but let’s not get graphic with it. Taken it PM if you want to get into detail, I don’t want to see it here.
    6. Remember to obey all the Mature RP rules set by the admin.
    7. Have fun!

CHAR SHEET

For Patients

Name:
    Appearance: Picture or description is fine
    Personality:
    Bio: 2-3 paragraphs please
    Why you’re in here:
    Story of what really happened/what got you here:

For Employees

Name:
    Personality:
    Bio: 2-3 paragraphs please
    Position:
    Secrets: This is if you want them to have something dark about them like the headmistress or the doctor.

CHARACTERS

Patients

Spoiler: bekijay 

Spoiler: Deidre 

Spoiler: Breken 

Employees

Spoiler: bekijay 

Spoiler: Lamb 
    Last edited by bekijayy; 12-18-2012 at 06:34 PM.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Horror, romance, histroical, drama, action, adventure
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh my gosh. I may just have to join this RP! It's sounds awesome! I just have a question.. how old are the youngest patients in the facility? What are the oldest? I just want to know if I'm making a character sheet.
    Currently working on a book trilogy! Wanna check it out? Head here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh! I totally forgot about the age range. In the show they don't have a childrens ward so, 18 and up should be a good age range.

A desert town where the moon shines bright.
    Surprise me.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This RP sounds awesome!^.^ Mind if I join?

Horror, romance, histroical, drama, action, adventure
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bekijayy View Post
    Oh! I totally forgot about the age range. In the show they don't have a childrens ward so, 18 and up should be a good age range.
    Okay, thank you! I'll try to put in my character sheet soon...
    Currently working on a book trilogy! Wanna check it out? Head here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Deidre; Thanks! And yes you may!

Demonic; Okay take your time!

Im extremely well-rounded, Though mature Roleplays and romance are my strong points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

>.< tempting on wether I should join or not. I have a nack for letting my imagination run free. My character will most likely be "almost" bat-sh*t crazy. Creativity is encouraged right? I hope you don't mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Chowdah- Creativity is welcome! Always welcome! Feel free to join as whatever you feel like!
    Last edited by bekijayy; 11-24-2012 at 04:09 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh and feel free to kill off characters and bring in new ones! The doc could have killed them or they could have tried to escape and become a meal for whatever waits outside! ^.^

A desert town where the moon shines bright.
    Surprise me.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll have my CS in by tomorrow...I have one question.Do they allow visitors at the asylum?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast