Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Helthus, City of Beasts OOC (M)

Merry Christmas!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Helthus, City of Beasts OOC (M)

Rated M for violence, gore, drug usage and sexual references.

Be prepared for a long post. Lot of info for this one.

Helthus, City of Beasts

We built this city with the blood of our ancestors, whose bones now guard their gift to us. The tides of chaos throw themselves upon our walls, only the watchers and the power of our ancestors keep them back. We are a strong people, but ignorant. So much has been lost, so little recovered. We cannot live like this; we must reclaim what was ours. We were something once. Let us be something again.
    -Avelus IV at the founding of the Reclaimers

Let his vision continue with us.
    -Jerath the Seer at the funeral of Avelus IV

In an unnamed forest on Kiroth a single city pushes up from the greenery, Helthus. A city of man … the only city of man. The only sign of civilisation on the world. Surrounded by a forest of death, where beasts of nightmares tear apart those foolish enough to enter, the city is the only safe haven. Protected by the souls of those who died to bring it into being and the Watchers the people eke out a miserable existence.

Then Avelus IV came and changed it all. He forged the watchers into a united force for the first time in recorded history, he trained new recruits as soldiers and amassed an army of workers. The Reclaimers were born, with the drive to take back the land in their hearts. Pushing outwards they slew thousands of beasts under Avelus’s flag. But before their gains could be consolidated and turned into a real change, Avelus was struck down by a great and powerful Wyrmbeast. Without his leadership he reclaimers fractured, the watchers left and no leader rose to reunite them all. The generals refused to co-operate and the Hethus council refused to intervene.

With their advance stalled the beasts struck back. Drawn by the fighting hundreds of new beasts entered the fray and crashed into the reclaimer’s lines. The Wyrmbeast who slew Avelus killed hundreds alone and the reclaimers buckled. They fell back to their last line of defence, the few forts they had built closest to the city, and abandoned the rest. With no conquest to sustain them and riddled with shame over their loss they entered the city, overthrew the council and instated themselves as the new council. Now they rule Helthus divided as they are, the generals trying to outdo each other and eliminate the other leaders to cement their rule. The beasts have retaken all but the last few forts and, with the hundreds of new beasts replacing those who were slain, the watchers are outnumbered worse than ever before. Helthus teeters on the edge of falling into the chaos itself. And then … then beasts will march unopposed.
    (Yes, Caliban from 40K was the main inspiration for this world)

The factions of Helthus are divided into 3 main groups. The Reclaimers who rule the city, the Watchers who defend it, and the civilians who live it.

Spoiler: Factions of Helthus 

Helthus Technology

Power Sources
    Unknown reactor: A reactor of unknown origin fuels most of the city. It is largely autonomous. The inside conditions are deadly to humans and a group of machines restock the reactor will fuel when it gets low from inside stores. Current estimates say there is enough fuel inside to last 3000 years. Which is odd considering a decade ago there was only enough for 2900.

Karth Leaves: Along with the wall the Karth tree has kept Helthus alive. An odd plant its leaves store a tremendous amount of energy and they are harnessed in every technology that doesn’t use the reactor.

Weapons
    (Note that these weapons serve as a baseline for what is allowed. You can create your own, just PM me about it first)

Spoiler: Melee Weapons 

Spoiler: Ranged Weapons 

Vehicles

Spoiler: The Transport 

Spoiler: The FRU 

Locations
    To come

The Monster of Kiroth

The beasts of Kiroth are monsters. Even the citizens of Helthus can see that, they are unnatural perversions of nature. They resemble animals once seen on Helthus or recorded in books but corrupted by the land. They are far stronger and far more deadly than their normal counterparts, often with strange abilities like the birdbeasts shriek or the lionbeasts quill-mane. Be careful when fighting them, few but the watchers can face one alone and live, and even then the odds are against them. (Feel free to make up your own beasts in the RP, these only serve as a guide. There are hundreds of unique beasts out there)
    Spoiler: Examples 

You may have up to 2 characters.
    Character Sheet
    Name:
    Faction:
    Weapons and Armour:
    Personality:
    Bio:
    Other info:
    Picture:

Still to come, NPCs and important Locations
    Last edited by DoughGuy; 11-25-2012 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Because nothing went right!
    Love you alawys sis.
    Spoiler: Quotes 

Merry Christmas!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Love you alawys sis.

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)

This looks like a great game. Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory or click here to help attract players?

On indefinite hiatus. I remain purple only for technical support, please direct queries to Scottie or another staffer. Thank you RPA for being my second home for so many years, and every member who makes this the wonderful place it is.

Click here daily to vote for RPA!

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    any, and all
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Interesting... Very interesting.... I may join!

Merry Christmas!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Huzzah interest! xD
    Cool, just post a CS whenever you're ready.
    Love you alawys sis.

Queen of Awesome
    Horror, Fantasy, Love
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)

Spoiler: Looking for a Roleplay? Just click it! 

Help us Help you! Vote for RPA -Daily!

Merry Christmas!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Last chance bump!
    Love you alawys sis.

Fantasy and Science Fiction
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Mikhael D'Dary

Faction: The 81st

Weapons and Armour: Mikhael has been trained to use and fire a variety of ranged weapons, all of which he is decently proficient. He has also trained to use a few minor melee weapons, such as a combat knife and short sword.

Personality: Mikhael is quiet often preferring not to speak with those around him. When he does speak he is often sarcastic, depending on the individual that he is talking to. The man is loyal to the 81st, and believes that a united group of Reclaimers are required to retake the jungle lost during the last age. Though sarcastic to most, Mikhael is kind to those who are less fortunate than him, believing that at any point in time he could be put into the same situation.

Bio: I'd preferably like to work this out as the roleplay goes on. Sometimes a character can be fleshed out better as you write, as opposed to writing down the information before hand. It also gives others something to read and discover about your character as the roleplay goes on. Though if you'd prefer me to post this now, I'd happily comply.

Picture: Mikhael
    Last edited by Saint; 12-06-2012 at 04:51 AM.

Merry Christmas!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry I missed this saint, not checking it as often anymore. That's fine about the bio, the personality is enough to start with. Now we just need a few more people.
    Love you alawys sis.

Fantasy and Science Fiction
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah I'm curious why more people haven't signed up. The story behind the RP seems pretty interesting, and I would think that others would think the same. Hopefully we get some more people in soon. If not would you want to make this a 1x1 roleplay or something smaller?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast