Page 1 of 15 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lord Of The Rings: The War For 'The One' RP [PG-13] [OOC]

MotM January 2015
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-fi and fantasy, mostly, but I'll take a crack at just about anything.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default Lord Of The Rings: The War For 'The One' RP [PG-13] [OOC]

Rated PG-13 for violence, action, blood, some romance, etc. Lots of info in the first post, CS is at the bottom.

All thanks to Dave and MorningStar for helping me with this and finding information.

WIP, up soon. Computer being weird so this will come in stages.

We will have a variety of quests of different levels, these ideas were thought of by Dave. Character Quests would be given by a character asking another character to do something for them or to help them. And then Race Quests would be an entire race helping to do something under the leadership of their race leader, whomever he may be. GM Quests are created by the players in the OOC thread as a discussion/poll and then acted out in the roleplay. All characters will have some part in this.

1. Character Quests (Created IC)
    These are quests that are given from one character to another.

2. Race Quests (Created IC)
    These are quests given out by the leader of the race to the rest of the race. For example, the human leader could ask his race to help destroy a Uruk-hai outpost.

3. GM Quests (Created OOC)
    These are big quests with everyone getting involved but each have different roles. For example, one set of people want to destroy the ring while the others want to harness it's power.

To allow the second level of quests, that we will have leaders of different races or groups of people. There are obviously some groups of people that don't appear to have a leader, like the hobbits. For those that do, Dave has listed them alongside the title that you would earn from that level of leadership. Click on the race to go to an information source that will give you all you need to know to create a character.

- Humans (King)
    - Orcs (Warlord)
    - Uruk-hai (Warlord)
    - Elves (3 Kings - The Noldor, The Sindar and The Silvans)
    - Dwarves (King)
    - Trees/Ents (Leader - One who wakes the most often. He ensures they wake up on a regular basis so they don't turn into a normal tree)
    - Wizards (White Wizard)
    - Rangers/Dúnedain (2 Chieftains - One in the North, One in the South)
    - Hobbits (Thain)
    - Beornings (Chief)

A few notes:

1. The Ents (trees) were led by Treebeard, but his role as their leader was given no specific name. I believe he was one of the most awake trees and that was why he was given that responsibility. One of the books mentioned that if an Ent did not stay active, he would begin to grow more like a normal tree and could eventually become nothing more than a normal tree.

2. This article mentioned that the Rangers were led by Chieftains, who were direct descendants of Isildur son of Elendil. Although the Chieftains were designated leaders, the Rangers had no definite headquarters and lived mostly in temporary villages scattered through the woods of Middle-earth. There were two main groups of Rangers, one occupying the North and protecting some of its lands, and a similar group to the South that were distant relatives of the Rangers of the North. Aragorn was a Northern Ranger and Faramir was a Southern one.

3. Some races have characteristics that apply to all members of that race. For example, hobbits are generally peaceful, don't get involved in adventures or excitement, are friendly, and love food. Rangers, on the other hand, are mysterious and rather unsocial by nature and always wear a six-pointed star as a brooch for their cloak.

Setting:
    Maps of Middle-earth in spoilers

Spoiler:  

Spoiler:  

Spoiler:  

Spoiler:  

Spoiler:  

Spoiler:  

Spoiler:  

Spoiler:  

Rules:
    1. I am the GM. That means you listen to me.
    2. Dave and MorningStar are co-GMs as a reward for helping me with research. That means you listen to them.
    3. You don't have to be a LOTR nerd (like me) to join. If you've never watched or read the movies or books, look the trilogy up on Wikipedia and then join. If you read the rules, put "The War for 'The One'" in the Other section of your application.
    4. All RPA rules apply.
    5. Mild cursing allowed, but I will tell you if I think you're cursing too much.
    6. Yes, there will be violence. These guys are going to war, of course there will be blood and guts! But don't take it too far.

List of Characters:
    The Cockatiel - elf - Kevesse Eärondae
    The Cockatiel - Beorning - Braaren
    MorningStar - Lothlorien elf - Eäroyla Eäranna
    Dave - Ranger of the North - Chieftain Aradain
    Yuoin007 - Silvan elf - Maeglin Cúthalion
    Damonique - Uruk-hai - Kharzog Morot

Character Sheets: (Delete parts in parentheses)
    Try this place for LOTR-based names

Theme: (Youtube vid preferred over link)
    Name: (First required, last okay)
    House: (Optional, "house of _____; standard is _____)
    Race: (NO races not named by Tolkien. I don't want to see aliens!)
    Age: (Research your race to get an appropriate age for your character)
    Weapon of Choice: (Keep it in line with Middle-earth. Bows, knives, daggers, etc. No guns or throwing stars or anything not named in the books unless you ask first)
    Personality: (At least three sentences, please)
    Family: (Name, age, gender; Name, age, gender; etc. etc.)
    Biography: (Name realm where born and a few background things about your character)
    Other:
    Appearance: (Pic or description, pics can be anime)
    Roleplay Sample: (Optional)
    Last edited by The Cockatiel; 12-18-2012 at 05:37 AM.

Fantasy, Zombie and Modern Warfare
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sweet! Glad I could help you get this sorted mate. I am really looking forward to getting some characters made and jumping into it. I will start thinking of some good GM Quests to start us off with and if you need anything else, I am happy to help.

MotM January 2015
    Sci-fi and fantasy, mostly, but I'll take a crack at just about anything.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

If you would like, you can be a Co-GM. The rest of this should be up within an hour or so. Can't wait to start, but the internet's lagging >>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would love to be Co-GM but so you know, this will be the first one I have ever been involved in as a GM/Co-GM. If that doesn't affect anything, sign me up!

Found a few links that may help with the RP.

1. This link is to the a site which contains a HQ map of Middle Earth for download.
    https://larsen-family.us/~1066/LotRmap.html

2. This link is to the LOTR Online dynamic map but offer close-ups of certain areas of Middle Earth and so it could prove useful in describing movements from one place to another.
    https://dynmap.ruslotro.com/

3. The link is to the LOTR wiki which will hopefully aid you in creating characters.
    https://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
    Last edited by Dave; 12-04-2012 at 04:33 PM.

Mature and Fantasy.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm definitely considering joining, however, im going further in the lore and races of middle earth to explore my options.
    Set by Naraness
    Spoiler: Extra Information 

Horror, Action, Fantasy, High Powered, Apocolyptic, Sci-Fi, and many more.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

What about Goblins? Can we be Goblins and Hobbits?

- - - Updated - - -

also, i can help co-gm a little. My knowledge is... somewhat par but still helpfuly none-the-less. 3gms are better than 1 or 2... but it's your call
    Welcome to my masquerade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, Hobbits are going to be available but they have no leaders. I had a look at the wiki and Orcs/Goblins are one and the same. Although their leader is called a King.

Mature and Fantasy.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, according to this https://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Hobbits, Hobbits did indeed have leaders. From among their chieftains they would elect a Thain, when in abscence of the King of Arnor. However, when Arnor fell to Angmar, the Thain left and created what is now buckland. Now, the Took family has become the current Thain of the Shire.
    Set by Naraness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ah ok, thanks. When Cockatiel reads this, it will hopefully be added. Thanks again

Mature and Fantasy.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Haha, No Problem. And, i had no intention of undermining your Authority. I just wanted to point it out. I've just been researching Middle-Earth for 6 hours. Haha.. Not all at once though.
    Set by Naraness

Page 1 of 15 123 ... LastLast