Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Death of Humanity (Dinosaur Survival RPG)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Death of Humanity (Dinosaur Survival RPG)

((We are now accepting people to be dinosaurs in the ic!))

10 years ago, a worldwide terrorist organization gained a valuable leader in their Moscow headquarters. This Japanese mastermind came up with a plan to go back in time and steal natural resources, then return to the present and sell them for billions. He hired paleontologists to tell him about the dangers of the prehistoric. Although they found some useful information, they still had no idea what they should use for defense. So they genetically engineered dinosaurs and released them into a remote area with lakes, rivers, oceans, jungles and mountains (the location is classified). Then they captured three planes and took 300 people to this area. They released them and watched with cameras how the dinosaurs would attack. The United States government is researching and will show up in 3 weeks. Until then, you must survive. Create a character and try to stay alive.

Okay, here's how to get started. Create a person. You can be a dinosaur later, but for now I will control them. I want at least 3 humans before anyone gets to hunt down their friends. The basic format is here:

Name:
    Description:
    Special Skills: (good runner, smart, strong, etc.)
    Bio:
    Allies: (as you meet other players and make friends, you will update this)
    Points: (start with zero. You will get more when rewarded for different smart or good actions. This number travels on with you when you die to your next character!)
    Character Points: (only points won with this character)
    Rounds Survived: (each time the government comes and rescues you, if the character who you STARTED the round with, not one that comes into the game halfway through, this goes up one)
    Rounds Won: (this goes up one each time you finish a round with the most points out of everyone playing)

I ask you to copy and paste your profile every 5 times you post

You may find items along the way, but only like a rusty pocketknife or sharp piece of obsidian. Nothing like a gun or car. There are 38 dinosaurs you may or may not encounter. They are:
    1. Troodon
    2. Deinonychus
    3. Tyrannosaurus
    4. Spinosaurus
    5. Triceratops
    6. Coelophysis
    7. Amphicoelias
    8. Stegosaurus
    9. Styracosaurus
    10. Hypsilophodon
    11. Parasaurolophus
    12. Carcharodontosaurus
    13. Tupandactylus
    14. Tapajara
    15. Nemicolopterus
    16. Quetzalcoatlus
    17. Microraptor
    18. Utahraptor
    19. Nanotyrannus
    20. Titanoboa
    21. Megalodon
    22. Mosasaurus
    23. Ammonite
    24. Icthyosaurus
    25. Apatosaurus
    26. Sinornithosaurus (poisonous!)
    27. Argentinosaurus
    28. Liopluerodon
    29. Deinocheirus
    30. Sarcosuchus
    31. Maiasaurus
    32. Allosaurus
    33. Neovenator
    34. Therizinosaurus
    35. Kentrosaurus
    36. Brachylophosaurus
    37. Saichania
    38. Ankylosaurus

If your character does die, I ask you to create a new one if you wish to continue. This is the basic storyline for my book (although it is much more detailed), so tell me what you think of it! The first three characters are allowed to revive ONCE if they die! Thanks for reading, I know it was a lot! Have fun! The story will start after one person has replied.
    Please do not double-post, although it is allowed if nobody has posted before you in 3 days. No godmodding, please! Please use at least 3-4 sentences a post, although it is encouraged you use more, and use proper grammar. It doesn't have to be something that an english teacher would write, but at least use punctuation and detail.

The survivors of round 1 will get: A troodon to control in round 2, along with their normal character!
    The winner of round 1 will get: A tranquilizer gun with 5 shots! Good for getting you out of any tango with a dino! You do not have to only use it in round 2, you can use it in round 3, 4, etc.

For each round, I am only counting Character Points for the winner. Every three rounds, the player with the most points gets a reward (not character points, total points). I may also give out other rewards for actions and other things. You can be a Round Winner and Round Survivor at the same time.

One day in the RPG may or may not be in real time. It just depends on how the game is going at the time.

Round:1 People:1 Alive:1 Days Until Rescue:21

I am not awarding myself with points, and I will be controlling the dinosaurs until two more people have joined. I do not count as one of the first three people who get the "extra life," so you still have 3 chances!

Name: Winston Greene, nickname is Win
    Birthplace: Springfield, Virginia
    Description: A slightly shorter-than-average boy with brown hair and tan skin. He commonly wears jeans and a T-shirt.
    Special Skills: A good leader, knowledgable in paleobiology
    Bio: Winston is a popular kid at Polk Middle School and won a national writing contest. He was on a plane to Hong Kong to take a course in Advanced Fictional Writing when he was captured by GeoCorp, the terrorist organization. He is the son of an archeologist, has an older brother and sister, with one younger sister.
    Allies: Currently none
    Rounds Survived: 0
    Rounds Won: 0

Win backed slowly away from the Russian man with the gun. Everywhere behind him was jungle. "Go in," the man said. "And don't bother coming out." Winston turned and ran. The foliage tore at his flesh and caught on his clothes. It began to get cold as the sunlight disappeared behind the canopy of leaves and branches. Winston turned and looked back at the man, just barely catching a glimpse of him as he got in a car and drove away. Where was he? Why was he here? "Guess I'm on my own now," he muttered to himself as he walked off into the jungle. He guessed it was around midday, and he wanted some kind of shelter before night set in. He set off on a long trek through the jungle, and stopped when he saw a giant meadow. Perfect! He was happy to be out of the dense jungle. He walked to the edge of the foliage and heard an otherworldly screeching noise. Some birds, he thought, and set out into the meadow to set up camp.
    Last edited by MaxOaks; 01-15-2013 at 03:42 PM.
    Guy 1: "Hey man i just got this ticket to a bajillion dollar relaxing private island in Costa Rica! I dont want it. u can have it!"
    Guy 2: "WOOHOOO! VACATION! what's the island called, by the way?" *checks the ticket*
    Jurassic Park.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy/ Macabre/ Horror/ Parody/ FanFic/ SciFi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This looks like a great idea! Have you thought about submitting this RP for Roleplay of the Week? It's a great way to get a few more players involved
    Have a Question?*World Building and Persistant World How To*The Mentor Program*Battle Arena*Roleplay of The Week<3
    *Roleplaying Game Directory*

I'm going to be quiet for the next few days, so any RP's I'm currently in, I apologise. For the reason why, check my latest blog post.
    Thanks <3

Check out RP's that I GM/Participate in/Think are really cool below!

Spoiler: Roll up roll up, come see the misadventures of Skizzy! 

Queen of Awesome
    Horror, Fantasy, Love
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)

Spoiler: Looking for a Roleplay? Just click it! 

Help us Help you! Vote for RPA -Daily!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This sounds pretty cool! Here's my skelly:

Name: "I'm Atlanta Marquee(Mar-key), my nickname is Atti. You can call me Atti or Atlanta."
    Birthplace: "Athens, Georgia. On the UGA campus."
    Description: "I'm the average height and weight for a girl my age, but I look older. I am very skinny, I have deep blue eyes that have 20/20 vision, I have sharp features, and I have long, brown, wavy hair that is usually in a messy ponytail or down. I usually wear a baggy white tank top, a faded green jacket, jeans, and combat boots."
    Special Skills: "I am very fast, strong, intelligent, I can see and hear very well, and I'm good at blending in and fighting."
    Bio: "Since I was born three years, I've practically grown up escaping from dinosaurs. My parents died when I was nine, saving me from a Tyrannosaurus attack at our base camp set up with two other families. They all died in the attack, and I'm still repairing the camp. I don't welcome anyone I don't know into my camp; I kill them immediately."
    Allies:
    Character Points: 0

Spoiler: What Atlanta looks like 
    Last edited by ΛRIZONA; 01-06-2013 at 10:18 PM.

picture by rubisfirenos || edit by me

Spoiler: Ayy 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Accepted
    Guy 1: "Hey man i just got this ticket to a bajillion dollar relaxing private island in Costa Rica! I dont want it. u can have it!"
    Guy 2: "WOOHOOO! VACATION! what's the island called, by the way?" *checks the ticket*
    Jurassic Park.

Fantasy, anything really
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Giovanni Abbatiello
    Birthplace: France
    Description: Pale skin, black hair and grey eyes. He's tall and thin, almost awkwardly so.
    Special Skills: He's a genius, very nimble and quick on his feet, but better at the theoretical side of battle than actually fighting, though he can fight with a bow and arrows when need be. He is a strategist.
    Bio: "I was bought to this place when I was fourteen. Before that, my parents had been dead for years, so I lost nothing by being bought here. Loss does not bother me; I have no one to miss, see. Emotions are quite foreign to me, and I care very little for other people. The dinosaurs have been a source of fascination for me since my arrival, and I strive to know more about them. However, because they all appear to want to kill me, this is quite difficult."
    Allies: None as of yet.
    Character Points: None as of yet.
    Rounds Survived: None as of yet.
    Rounds Won: None as of yet.
    “English doesn’t borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.”
    ~ James Nicoll

"You have to look inside yourself, to find yourself, and save yourself from your other self. Only then will your true self reveal itself."
    ~ Prince Zuko (Avatar: The Last Airbender)

faux_tail

Name:
    Issac Shepard

Birthplace:
    US of A, Virginia

Description:
    4’6”, he’s due for a growth spurt any day now—or at least he keeps hoping that. His typical duds are layered, with a t-shirt underneath and an over shirt most often left unbuttoned. Baggy, thick jeans hang low on his scrawny hips. A baseball hat, with the brim pulled ridiculously (like, seriously is that even useful?) high is worn at all times over shaggy blond hair. He keeps a pair of shades in his back pocket, but they got sorta busted up when they dumped him off on this damn island. He’s paler than he’d like to be, and still has a baby face, but please don’t even say that to him, he might pout.

Special Skills:
    Good and steady with his hands. The boy can also climb trees and seem to run forever, or at least he could about a year ago. Most of his physical skills had taken a turn for the worse since he started smoking back home. Despite that, the natural ability is still there, even if muted somewhat, and will no doubt be ripped out of him before long. After all, he’s going to have to get used to life with a lot less cigarettes and a lot more running.

Bio:
    Allies: None

Character Points: 0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Both accepted
    Jurassic Park.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hey gotta few questions:
    a.) when will we start?
    b.) is the ic already up?

picture by rubisfirenos || edit by me

Spoiler: Ayy 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you can start whenever you want, and the ic is up.
    Jurassic Park.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast