Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: From the ashes of past (A warcraft based story) [Rated M for Mature]

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Action - Adventure, Romance when a good plot is behind it, Story and character development, Combat
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default From the ashes of past (A warcraft based story) {OOC} [Rated M for Mature]

Rated M for varius reasons, including violence, language, gore (there are undead in this world and they don't like you...) possible tobaco, alcohol and drug references and possible sexual themes. Also because of the gruesome execution of a goblin for every gramar or spelling error that goes unnoticed and unfixed... Nah just kidding... Honest!

Anyway...

First of all, I would like to note that I changed the title that originally was "Children of the Blood" for the sole reason that it was more of a reference to the race of Blood Elves than anything else, and I wouldn't like to discurage people fond of other races from joining us.

So here we are finally ready to start this new roleplay that I admit, I have been waiting for a really long time and I am very glad to see that there are more people interested in it. For information about the whole setting and other useful stuff, please take a look at the Children of the Blood thread where I explain pretty much anything you have to know about this story. In just a few words, just as the title explains, this is a story based on the warcraft game and novel series.

The story starts during the undead attack to the ancient homeland of Quel'Thalas but is not intented to stay there or follow only elves. So in case you're interested in joining but not interested into playing an elf don't shy away. You'll be able to tag along in due time.

Spoiler: Rules: 

Now for the character sheet:
    I will try to make it as easy as possible for you to create your own character. Fill in each category, being as detailed as you'd like about it.
    Spoiler: Character Sheet suggestion 

A request for those wishing to join:
    Please make sure you're available to post at least once a day. Twice would be adored, but once is at least required to keep the story flowing in a satisfying pace. Of course I understand that life can get in the way, and there are days that you might not even have those 30 minutes to spare for one post. But I would still ask you, not to pause the story unless you have some imporatnt reason. Also in that case, notifing us, either in this thread or by personal message would be highly appreciated. And I say pause the story because I am hoping we can maintain a steady post rotation, taking turns to avoid confusion and leaving people behind. Should the characters separate in more than one groups we could break that turn rule, but as long as we stay together, maintaining a posting order would be best I think.

Finally I would like to note that on this ooc thread players but also viewers are able to discuss the route of the story, suggest new ideas etc. So stay tuned!
    Last edited by Serendil; 01-13-2013 at 12:26 AM.

Action - Adventure, Romance when a good plot is behind it, Story and character development, Combat
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So here we are! let me give you my character sheet to officially join, but also to give you an example.
    ------------------
    General Info
    ------------------
    Name: Serendil Stromblade
    Race: Quel'dorei (High elf)
    Profession/Class: Silvermoon Ranger/Rogue (in game terms) He specializes in combat and assassination techniques, "martial arts", stealth, and outdoor survival, beeing remarkable in battle while forsaking his sleight of hand and larceny. His weapons of choise are various type of blades, from daggers to swords, to even bladed fist weapons.
    Faction: Currently Alliance as an Elf (to be decided as a person)
    --------------------
    Appearence:
    --------------------
    Height: 5' 11'' (1.80m)
    Built: Slender but muscular. Built for agility and speed.
    Hair: Long dark blond, the color of honey more or less.
    Eyes: Radiant Blue (common among Quel'dorei)
    Distinguished marks(if any): None so far
    Brief description(optional): May add this one later on.
    --------------
    Gear
    --------------
    Armor: Classic leather suit of armor in dark grey and black. Long ranger cloak in deep blue. Same colored face mask, hidding as high as the line of his eyes.
    Weapon(s): A couple of curved elven blades the size of a sword. Common elven bow. A small boot knife.
    Other important belongings: Silvermoon Rangers' cloak pin.
    Mount: None
    -----------------------
    Background
    -----------------------
    -Before joining the rangers, Serendil was pretty much an orphan of the streets, making a living out of petty thievery. Not much is known about this dark part of his past but it sure was no pleasant time.
    -He was brought into the rangers by one of their members, named Aeriyn, who took pitty on the young lad, and seeing potential in his talents, took him in as the youngest recruit who ever joined. Serendil finally found a purpose, a home and a way of using his abilities to do good. He finally felt he belonged somewhere.
    -Motivation: After the destruction of Quel'Thalas and all that Serendil ever known (which is actually where the story starts), his sole purpose is to help in restoring his people's pride, reclaiming their heritage and regaining their glory. A fire of vengence also burns inside him, driving him to seek and destroy everything that even remotely had to do with the death of his brethren, hoping he can eventually run his blades through the rotten heart of the fallen prince who led the attack.
    Last edited by Serendil; 01-13-2013 at 01:39 PM.

Watching you from that bush over there...
    Medieval, Apocolyptic, Romance (Only if it is intertwined with another genre.)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looking forward to this, Serendil! I should have a CS up before the night is out! This should be a great RP.

horror, fantasy, sci-fi, etc.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

------------------
    General Info
    ------------------
    Name: Artemis Mooneye
    Race: Worgen
    Faction: Neutral
    --------------------
    Appearance:
    --------------------
    Height: 7'6"
    Built: Slender but still muscular
    Hair: Silver-white
    Eyes: Blue
    Distinguished marks(if any): None
    Brief description(optional): https://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...ne-d5akuwz.jpg
    --------------
    Gear
    --------------
    Armor: He wears the tattered remains of a Robe. The robes color and design have faded due to wear and tear.
    Weapon(s): well other than his claws he has a staff.
    Other important belongings: The only belonging he carries with him is a moon shaped pendant.
    Mount: N/A (he can run on all fours to increase his speed)
    -----------------------
    Background
    -----------------------
    -What was your character's life before taking his current profession?
    -What was their reason for picking their profession?
    -Motivation(optional): That's basically your character's long term goals in his life, something that drives them. You don't have to fill it, or you don't have to put everything down if you wish to leave some of it a mystery for the other players to find out as they go on.

I will finish filling everything out rest ASAP.
    Last edited by Vasyl Zaejue; 01-13-2013 at 05:14 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh, Serendil, would you prefer a written description of the character's appearance, or would a picture suffice? Perhaps both, even?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am fine with either or, both are also fine. In my case, my profile picture serves as reference so I didn't take time to write anything down yet. I will later on though since the picture is as close as I could go but not spot on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Working, working, it should be done tomorrow... today, however you look at it... hopefully.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@Vasyl:
    I would really like to ask you how you're planning on playing your character. The worgen race is rather... challenging for the story so it really depends very much on how you play and what kind of story you will give to a character like that.

I admit I am not really familiar with the lore of Worgen... but I have to say you've chosen a tough road. This roleplay is starting based on the story way before the original WoW came out, and Worgen were not even considered people (if they excisted... I'm not sure if they did). Common sense says they are just beast and would be hunted down on sight. So your social interactions would be rather... difficult I admit. Every peasant, miliatia man, soldier, guard, grunt from either side would probably try to strike a worgen down on sight. Not to mention with not many allies, you would have a rather hard time moving across the sea to Kalimdor, and if you don't, with the arival of the Burning Legion life becomes harder and harder...

I don't wish to discurage you from joining, but I would highly advice that you take a good read through the Children of the Blood thread. At least the basic parts... It might give you ideas for a better choise of race. For example if you wish to be related to the moon you could try a night elf? Still if you so much insist on playing a worgen we will see how this can go, but I really need to know what you have in mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anastasia View Post
    Working, working, it should be done tomorrow... today, however you look at it... hopefully.
    I can't wait to see what you have in store for us
    Last edited by Serendil; 01-13-2013 at 06:00 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

------------------
    General Info
    ------------------
    Name: Arxad Shadestrider (commonly known as "Shade")
    Race: Blood Elf (High elf currently, soon to be Blood Elf.)
    Age: Appears to be in his late twenties, early thirties. (180)
    Class: Rogue, specially trained in subtlety
    Faction: Alliance
    --------------------
    Appearance:
    --------------------
    Height: 5'9
    Built: Arxad is very slender, built almost entirely for speed and sleight of hand.
    Hair: Light blonde, similar to the shade of sand
    Eyes: Ocean blue
    Markings: A scar curls from the bottom of his right eye, around the outside and up his cheek
    Brief description: Arxad composes and maintains his body almost entirely for his line of work. Stealth, silence, and agility are key.
    --------------
    Gear
    --------------
    Armor: Arxad wears a very light set of leather clothing, just enough for some protection while still allowing him to run freely.
    Weapon: Quin'Falan (Soul Siphoner): An enchanted blade that never leaves Arxad's side. Upon drawing blood, the blade drains some of the victim's energy. Arxad harnesses this energy to sate the eternal thirst that the blood elves are cursed to carry.
    Weapon History: Arxad devoted most of his early life swiping whatever he could to survive. Clothing, jewelry, equipment, food. Any of it would do for him. He was taken in by a master thief before he could speak, who trained him to retrieve these things as he pleased. One day, he spotted a shady looking man drop something into an alley, and hurry off. Intrigued by this odd activity, Arxad sneaked into the alley, and found what he was looking for. It was a cloth, that appeared to be wrapped around something. Figuring it would be better to examine this in the passages he had come to know so well, he left the alley, and returned home.

Once he had entered a small dwelling hidden beneath the streets of Silvermoon, Arxad began unwrapping whatever it was that the cloth held. Once the cloth was clear, he found something peculiar. A blade? Not just any blade, however. The blade was razor sharp, it looked as though it had never been used in battle. On it's hilt, were two sapphires, one embedded on each side. A serpent coiled it's way up the handle in a wonderful array of blues, white, and silvers. Something was special about this dagger, though he knew not what it was. Even today, the sensation of something special emanated from the dagger, though he had never discovered just what that was.
    Other important belongings: Nothing as of now.
    Mount: None.
    -----------------------
    Background
    -----------------------
    -What was your character's life before taking his current profession? Arxad grew up on the streets since he was a boy. His father was never there for his birth, and his mother died delivering him.
    -What was their reason for picking their profession? He was left with no choice.
    -Motivation: That is for you to find out.
    Last edited by Nytstalker; 01-16-2013 at 05:09 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well.... color me impressed Drake... You actually made a great character! I like very much the idea for the blade too (and you even named it... which is actually very cool!). Although I will have to ask a few things so your lad here is good to start. For one, the day of the attack there are still no "Blood Elves" or hunger for magic. Elves started experiencing that as the result of sunwell's coruption. So I recon you would have to start as an elf and since you choose to feel the effects of the corruption, which is cool (I mentioned before that should the player wish to stay a high elf, or turn into blood elf is their decision), we will play that one out. That also gives us a slight problem with the enchantment of your blade. For one, I would like to have some back story to explain him having it, since it's a small artifact. But also it would make sense if that enchantment was put on the blade afterwards, after he realized that he has indeed that need for energy. Or alternatively, the blade could have that enchantment/curse all along but eventually realizes that the life-energy drawn by the weapon also passes through him.

Still a very nice character! I would really like to see how his story unfolds and how he will handle the Blood Elven hunger at first (in fact for some time until the Blood Elves managed to get over their curse). Also you can always add a little motivation to let us know what the character is all about ^^ Yet that is optional and it's nice keeping some mystery Of course metagaming is not really appreciated xD and we are not planning on using what you say here as our character knowledge in rp. I'm sure that, for example, if his weapon is not glowing in some weird way, Serendil will not be able to tell it appart from a normal dagger.

In any case, I hope to see more of you soon!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast