Thread: [M] The Lurking Horror (Fantasy Mature RP)

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Trad Fantasy, Sci-Fi Horror, 1x1 romance, anything thoughtful in structure
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default [M] The Lurking Horror (Fantasy Mature RP)

(Rated M for scenes of gore, violence, horror, and sexuality)

Though midday, a thick layer of ominous, gray clouds obscured the sky, darkening the village like it was the onset of dusk. His eyes focused upon the tavern, a shabby old buildin made of rickety pieces of lumber. Outside stood a pudgy little man, his bright yellow tunic and red trousers contrasting greatly with the particularly gray and dim surroundings the peasants dealt with daily. His large, hazel eyes locked upon Erik, and they brightened in recognition.

The monk also cast quite a contrast to his surroundings, though for different reasons. He wore a white, short-sleeve shirt with a black vest over it. His loose-fitting leggings were of a similar shade to his vest. On his feet he wore a worn pair of moccasins likewise black in color. His muscular forearms and shins were wrapped in long strands of thick, bandage like cloth. Needless to say, he cast quite a distinct image. There weren't many monks around here, or half-orcs for that matter.

"Ah, might you be Erik Skrift?" The smallish, portly man asked. Erik nodded. "Ah, splendid! I am Bryce Tennison, steward to lord Romin."

"Yes. The messenger said you'd be here," Erik stated. The monk, strangely calm for one of his kind, gazed upon the little human. "Explain the situation to me,"

"It is most unfortunate," the steward's face grew glum. "For the last several weeks peasants have complained that strange creatures are coming from the wood to the west," Steward pointed westward. Beyond the builds and the fields behind them, Erik could see the thick wall of trees that was the forest. "The peasantry sent word to the castle. They demanded protection in the fields. Many of them are threatening to leave, which would put the Lord in a compromising position," Erik's brow furrowed in confusion.

"Is that not the agreement between every lord and his serfdom?" He asked calmly.

"Of course," Tennison sighed. "He sent a dozen soldiers into the
    wood to search for any wolf packs or goblin clans that might be passing through. They were sent out two weeks ago and have yet to return. Lord Romin fears the worst. I suggested he hire...ah...people more suited to this type of situation."

"I see. Will any others be joining me?" The monk asked. Tennison's round face brightened in recognition. He nodded enthusiastically.

"We ah...we know not," Tennison frowned. "Though rest assured, there are flyers in every tavern across the land!" Tennison clasped his chubby hands together. The monk's dark blue eyes shifted back to the smallish, rotund man. "May I ask you a question, good sir?"

"What?"

"...Where is your weapon?" The little man asked. At that Erik grinned in response, showing off a mouthful of sharp teeth. The small man's gawking stare gave Erik pause, the monk let his smile dissipate.

"Don't worry about it."

Lately, I've had an unbearable desire to play a traditional fantasy with dark horror-themed elements. It'd be a make up as we go free form RPG with no fully defined world, other than simply being a pretty traditional fantasy world (think DND).

The premise I have in mind is a group of adventurers are hired by a minor lord to investigate a nearby forest after local peasants have been vanishing in the middle of the night, with the locals claiming everything from goblins to undead to werewolves. Anybody whose played DND knows that things usually snowball after that, of course. I do have a few plans and twists in mind for what'll happen.

Any takers?
    Last edited by TheShadeofBlue; 01-17-2013 at 09:46 AM.

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)

This looks like an awesome game! Why don't you post it here to have staff advertise it in their signatures, or add it to the RPG directory to help attract players!

Oh, and you should totally submit it for Roleplay of the Week!

On indefinite hiatus. I remain purple only for technical support, please direct queries to Scottie or another staffer. Thank you RPA for being my second home for so many years, and every member who makes this the wonderful place it is.

Click here daily to vote for RPA!

Queen of Awesome
    Horror, Fantasy, Love
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)

Spoiler: Looking for a Roleplay? Just click it! 

Help us Help you! Vote for RPA -Daily!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I might join.

Trad Fantasy, Sci-Fi Horror, 1x1 romance, anything thoughtful in structure
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ah, great. I've already got my character, who you can get a feel for based on the post.

What I have in mind, other than doing something as tedious as a character sheet what with all the stats and the like is for us to simply introduce our characters in an initial post we make. You can PM the details about your character you have mind (just enough so I can know what to expect), but I'd rather nobody know who the other people are playing in such a way to help with the concept of a group of relative strangers coming together on a quest.