Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Knew We Could Do It... ( Taking over the world, Slice of Life, Romance, Drama )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Who Knew We Could Do It... ( Taking over the world, Slice of Life, Romance, Drama )

Hello darlings~! ^^

Idea: A group of unlikely people, normal people from everyday life, end up doing what most thought was the impossible. They took over the world, first it started off as a "Lets just see how far we could get.." sort of thing and as it went on it became serious and suddenly they had done it. And now they are in charge of the globe and trying to keep themselves in power and keep things from collapsing.

Now it is a period of time after the original take over, we are thinking just long enough that it is clear they are in charge but not that long that their power is fully accepted by all. This group is still trying to find their way and figure out how to run the planet. Will they able to stay in charge for long? Will they be able to stay together to keep the group unified? How will the public be changed because of this global take over?

Who knows, what we do know is they are in a position of power and now they are going to trials and tribulations to try and work through everyday life and keep things running.

We are thinking the original group will be about eight, they are like heads of different parts of the group that help to keep sectors running.

There can easily be more than eight characters, but each roleplayer at this time can only control one of the main eight to make sure we give others a chance to also get in on the action.

Generally this group can be anyone, from anywhere, they could all be friends or they could have known someone who brought them into the group. Everyone will have their own edge and role they play in the system in order to try and keep things running.

My Co-Moderator: ThatCanadianDud ~

We reserve the rights to decline any character/Roleplayer that is rude or creating a negative environment for the roleplay.

DA RULES:
    [*]Follow the ToS and Rules set by this site, they are good and they deserve to be followed.
    [*]This will be a PG-13 rating, please stick to this or take it to a private system, thank you.
    [*]Myself and my CoMod have the right to reject a character that we may believe cause conflict in the roleplay in an not positive manner, if the player does not wish to change their character.
    [*] We want this RP to work but we will not just accept characters, we would like some quality and effort put into your characters.
    [*] Mary Sues and Marty Studs... we do not want these in the RP. No one is perfect, we need character flaws and please, PLEASE try to avoid common cliches for your characters, this is s a slice of life RP and unless it is a KEY part of why your character was apart of the group, it can just make your character appear to be more Mary Sue than you want.
    [*] We will work with our players to make this RP work, but there are just some things that can not work with what we are hoping to happen in this RP. Please do not be insulted if we question something or ask you to focus in on something, we are just trying to help you improve your character for the RP so we can all enjoy this RP.

Character Sheet

*Currently we are hoping for more male characters for the main eight!*
    Name:
    Nickname:
    Age: *Please be reasonable, teenagers are going to be a bit hard to have in a main role since this person is going to be head of a section.*
    Sex:
    Backstory/Bio:
    Position:
    Sexual Orientation:
    Current status (marital/dating/single):
    Hobbies/Pastimes:
    Talents/Skills/Powers:
    Height:
    Hair:
    Eyes:
    Style of Dress:
    Character's long-term goals/desires in life:
    Character's short-term goals/desires in life:
    How do they express themselves?:
    Is this character generally dominant or submissive?:
    Patience level:
    Motto/Personal quote:
    Describe character's sense of self-control:
    Spontaneous or structured?:
    Anything Else?:
    UserName:

At this time please limit to one main character, we will gladly accept secondary characters once your main character is accepted by us.

Mains - You get one of these, they are head of a major department that helps run the global government that they now have control over.

Secondaries: Head of departments, other personnel, or generally people. You can have as many of these as you can handle, as long as they are quality characters and serve a purpose.

Current Character/Taken Position/Username:

Carl Vincent Emmerich - Head of Propaganda - ThatCanadianDud
    Eve Katarina Triggs - Head of Communications and Relations - EmpressTreJin
    Anya Minozuri - Head of Health and Medicine - claytham92
    Clyde James Liddel - Head of Chemical Engineering and Biochemistry - Rogue of Doom ©
    Xander Ridge - Head of Entertainment and Marketing - heathrin18
    Last edited by EmpressTreJin; 02-06-2013 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Adding in more~ 02/06/13

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Anything with Youkai, Japanese culture, Fantasy, Realistic, and almost all Originals (Except Touhou)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Hey, Where are the character sheets? Is this just a jump-in RP?

~ There's always a shoulder to cry on ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaguya View Post
    Hey, Where are the character sheets? Is this just a jump-in RP?
    No sheet up yet, I am doing an interest check to see if I have enough bodies to start this up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alright, posted a sheet up. My Comod should be around here somewhere

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)

This looks like an awesome game! Why don't you post it here to have staff advertise it in their signatures, or add it to the RPG directory to help attract players!

Oh, and you should totally submit it for Roleplay of the Week!

On indefinite hiatus. I remain purple only for technical support, please direct queries to Scottie or another staffer. Thank you RPA for being my second home for so many years, and every member who makes this the wonderful place it is.

Click here daily to vote for RPA!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mindless Invalid View Post
    This looks like an awesome game! Why don't you post it here to have staff advertise it in their signatures, or add it to the RPG directory to help attract players!

Oh, and you should totally submit it for Roleplay of the Week!
    Thank you very much! We were hoping to create a game that might be different than normal but also be interesting for all types of players so we could get a good group. Also thank you for the suggestion, still settling into the site and getting used to everything.

ThatCanadianDud

Suppose if I'm gonna be co-moderating, I should fill out my character sheet.

Character Sheet

Name: Carl Vincent Emmerich
    Nickname: Caaaaaarl, "The Whiner"
    Sex: Male
    Backstory/Bio: Originally a cubicle worker prior to the great take-over, Carl ended up as Head of Propaganda mostly because no one else wanted it... least of all, him.
    Position: Head of Propaganda
    Sexual Orientation: Straight
    Current status (marital/dating/single): Single
    Hobbies/Pastimes: Checkers, Knitting, Trying out new foods
    Talents/Skills/Powers: Bird Calls, Knitting, Pretty Good Sense of Taste
    Height: 5'10
    Hair: Brown, short, well kept and slicked down
    Eyes: Green, shifty
    Style of Dress: Pressed suit, deep blue with a red tie.
    Character's long-term goals/desires in life: Get transferred to a different position (Head of Food Production?)
    Character's short-term goals/desires in life: Find ways to avoid getting in front of the camera.
    How do they express themselves?: Panicking, sweating profusely.
    Is this character generally dominant or submissive?: Submissive
    Patience level: Minimal
    Motto/Personal quote: Is the camera on? I-is it on? Please tell me it's not on...
    Describe character's sense of self-control: Rather limited, especially when panicking.
    Spontaneous or structured?: Structured
    Anything Else?: Can I get fries with that?
    UserName: ThatCanadianDud
    Last edited by ThatCanadianDud; 02-01-2013 at 05:01 AM. Reason: Because I Can, Yo

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

This seems overall interesting.. I'd be interested in joining. I'll consider doing so.
    Last edited by ElizabethStark; 01-31-2013 at 05:05 AM.

"Thank you, Master."
    "You're welcome, My Padawan."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethStark View Post
    This seems overall interesting.. I'd be interested in joining. I'll consider doing so.
    Feel free to post a character sheet when you can; if you have any questions please ask and we will be happy to answer them. :3
    Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Eve Katarina Triggs

Nickname: “The Princess” “Miss Charm”

Sex: Female

Backstory/Bio: Eve was just a bit lucky to be the type of person that others could count on and trust. She was a secretary for a radio station and handled a good portion of the office work there. Originally, she was still in college to get more training for another job but after joining up with the group that plan changed and with her experience she became the Head of Communications between all sections within the group and more importantly she was the person that spoke with the public at times.
    Her playful and charming nature has helped strengthen ties for the group and she is not shy to call in a favor or six to get something done the right way.

Position: Head of Communications and Relations

Sexual Orientation: Bi Sexual

Current status (marital/dating/single): Single

Hobbies/Pastimes: Baking, Writing, Photography

Talents/Skills/Powers: Speaking, persuasion, empathy

Height: 5’ 11”

Hair: Long dark mahogany hair that goes past her hips that is slightly wavy and generally kept down.

Eyes: Hazel - Green with a ring of yellowish gold around the pupil

Style of Dress: Classy but at the same time she can give off a subtle provocative vibe.

Character's long-term goals/desires in life: To find her life partner and be able to be happy with them.

Character's short-term goals/desires in life: To keep everyone together and not completely lose control over the situation.

How do they express themselves?: Vocally, she is not the type to be silent and when she does go silent it means she has lost her cool composed nature.

Is this character generally dominant or submissive?: Dominate, she does not do submissive unless she finds an alpha worthy of that position.

Patience level: Rather high, most of the time. Certain issues will strike a chord with her right away though.

Motto/Personal quote: “Told you if we got that security guard to help this would have been easier...” “Well maybe next time you’ll get to see a bit more skin if you don’t knock~.”
    Describe character's sense of self-control: She can have control when she needs to, or when she is in a position that requires it. But, she is human and she needs to let loose as some point.

Spontaneous or structured?: Spontaneous most of the time unless a situation is in critical need.

Anything Else?: How about a shot or two to chill out buddy?

UserName: EmpressTreJin
    Last edited by EmpressTreJin; 02-06-2013 at 10:57 AM.
    Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast