Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 1234553 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Warhammer 40K: The Replicants - recruitment and OOC

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Awesome! I'll get Vincent's CS up tomorrow.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Dough Guy and Felwether, I look forward to seeing your creations! And yes, Dough Guy, I'm afraid no Chaos in this one - although if all goes well then a sequel (either GM'd by myself or some other member of the Warseer crowd) might incorporate some.

I hope PaintSerf will be joining us.
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azazeal849 View Post
    I hope PaintSerf will be joining us.
    Of course I’m in, but there might be a delay on the character sheet for a few days because of the storm. Thirty inches of snow (+/-) without a blower is no fun at all, especially so when there’s freezing rain in the cards tomorrow.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

We were supposed to get snow here in the UK this weekend but it never materialised. Must have been diverted to your bit.

No problem - I haven't written out the intro post yet so take as long as you need.

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Merry Christmas!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Eldas and Kally are NOT going to get along lol.
    Love you alawys sis.
    Spoiler: Quotes 

Merry Christmas!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Spoiler: DoughGuy's Character 

Redone
    Last edited by DoughGuy; 02-17-2013 at 11:17 AM.
    Love you alawys sis.
    Spoiler: Quotes 

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

My my, not one but two people who may or may not be related to local segmentum celebrities! Expect Marc to comment. Marc, by the way, is one of the other agents on-site who will be backing you up:

Spoiler: Investigator Marcus Black 

You will also be getting support from his sister, who works in forensics:

Spoiler: Verispex agent Kelly Black 

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Name: Vincent Nyl (That's Nil if anyone's interested.)

Personality: Vincent is known to have something of a split personality, at times he can be cheerful (even if he is getting cranky in his old age), talkative and even a bit cheeky, enjoying the company of his comrades and telling the odd tall tale. At other times, however, he is belligerent, aggressive and prone to sinking into periods of depression as well as fits of extreme violence.

Appearance:
    Spoiler: Vincent Nyl 

Physical Description: 5'10”, stocky and very powerful in the upper body. Nyl's torso is covered in various tattoos from his days in the guard. His face, again mostly thanks to guard service (but including injuries from more than a few barfights) is a patchwork of scar tissue and old burns that many people find unsettling to look at. Though he looks every year of his age juvenat treatments he underwent during more profitable times have kept his body in fairly good physical condition. The left side of Vincent's chest, along with his arm were torn up in the riots on Solomon and have since been replaced with high quality but brutal looking augmetics finished in matte-black - a development that he was less than impressed by as that arm bore both the symbol of his former regiment as well as his kill-markings.

Equipment:

Vincent flatly refused to surrender his equipment after the Makita incident and it was perhaps his willingness to cooperate under interrogation that convinced his new employers to allow him to keep almost everything that survived the destruction of the Hive.

Acheron IVb pattern Hellgun. A lightweight hellgun model, the Acheron IVb marries accuracy, power and a potentially blistering rate of fire into a deadly weapon capable of piercing most armour types and dropping the hardiest of opponents at close to medium range. The weapons hotshot power cells are housed internally meaning that while the operator has to reload more often, they are not forced to wear a bulky backpack to provide power.

20 Gauge Sawn-off Shotgun "Lupara" : This short-barrelled, break action, over and under shotgun can commonly be found on Vincent's right hip, opposite his laspistol.

Mars pattern laspistol: A standard issue IG sidearm, the very same weapon Vincent used when he deserted nearly thirty years ago.

Full carapace armour: This suit of high grade armour, a recent enough acquisition, is very similar to the carapace armour used by Imperial Stormtroopers. Consisting of armoured plates over a pressure suit it provides ample protection against small arms fire - even if it is a bit bulky. The suit incorporates a webber into the left vambrace to help apprehend marks who can't simply be shot in the back. It is finished in simple grey primer and Vincent generally only wears it when he's expecting a heavy firefight.

Bionics: The left side of Vincent's torso have been replaced by highly functional augmetics. His arm, while crude and brutal in appearance, is made from high quality materials. The hand can be swapped out for a wicked-looking combat attachment consisting of three short, powered claws should the need arise.

Guardsman's bayonet.

Frag, Krak, Flash and Tanglefoot grenades.

Combat blade: This forearm length, blackened steel 'Night Reaper' blade hails from Catachan and is Vincent's most prized possession.

Motion tracking auspex.

Civilian clothing: Vincent generally wears some kind of fatigues and a t-shirt or vest along with a pair of sturdy steel-toed boots. He will often be seen wearing a trench coat - ideal for concealing a shoulder holster and flak vest.

History:

Vincent's history is as long as it is bloody and the details are largely unimportant. Suffice to say that he has known little other than violence since he was a small child. Vincent Nyl has borne witness to more than his share of horrors – from the hell of large-scale warfare to the sinister depths of the criminal underworld. He has seen the worst the galaxy has to offer and it has left an indelible mark upon him as a person.

Vincent was among the first to be recovered by Sidonis' people. Outwardly he appeared more than happy to regale his interrogators with tales from Makita, animatedly retelling his version of events time and time again, as if recounting them to a stranger in a bar and seemingly revelling in the attention. He has since been cleared for duty, and seems to be glad of it. In truth he is currently finding it difficult to adjust to life in the employ of The Inquisition and the months of confinement he endured following the Makita Hive incident have left him with no small amount of resentment towards Lord Sidonis and his organisation as a whole, so much so that he intends on cutting himself loose once his wounds have fully healed and disappearing once again into wilderness space.
    Last edited by Felwether; 02-10-2013 at 10:06 PM.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Accepted!

Hey guys, ask him about what happened to him on his first trip through the warp, that was a fun story...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

For some strange reason he can't seem to remember it, it's like he wasn't really there...

Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 1234553 ... LastLast