Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 48969798

Thread: [M] Warhammer 40K: The Replicants - recruitment and OOC

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dakkagor View Post
    Oh, wow.

Perfect ending Paintserf, I wonder what the revelation that the 'saint' was actually a nasty bit of work with some unexplained phenomena around him will do to her character. I imagine many of the saints and heroes we hold up from history are not the kind of people we would actually like to know in person. . .
    Thank you, I'm just glad to have posted it in time before Az went on vacation.

How Sapphira deals with the Replicants fallout will be a prominent character feature.

I'm going to say this: I was completely spit balling when in the Elevator Vince suggested the Interrogator was the goal all along. Holy hell, thats going to be an interesting game coming up. Really looking forward to it.
    Excellent guess, and strangely appropriate that it was Vince who was directly on the money. I can imagine one of his first reactions to be growling about how they should've bet on what the Necrons wanted. But first Massani, now Schafer, and eventually good old Larry? Lord Sidonis' Interrogators sure do have bad outcomes. Fingers crossed for the next new one...

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

I'm going to say this: I was completely spit balling when in the Elevator Vince suggested the Interrogator was the goal all along. Holy hell, thats going to be an interesting game coming up. Really looking forward to it.
    I hope it doesn't disappoint! Though I think you might be giving the Necrons too much credit - was targeting Schafer all "just as planned" or was he simply the last replicant left alive, and his bombing of the (hastily abandoned) tomb complex on Vitaris just an attempt to salvage the situation / cover his own ass after Faroven was discovered and the data dragon nullified? What were the Necrons trying to achieve by sieging Venatora anyway? Was the inquisition part of the plan at all, or just an unwelcome wild card? Hopefully the sequel will explain.

Quote Originally Posted by PaintSerf View Post
    But first Massani, now Schafer, and eventually good old Larry? Lord Sidonis' Interrogators sure do have bad outcomes. Fingers crossed for the next new one...
    Well, according to Van Der Mir at the end of Black, the two before Massani commandeered armies and launched attacks on Hive Fleet Kraken and the Eye of Terror respectively. Schafer, while demonstrably still a believer in Big Sticks, was probably a bit more level-headed (and died of the fairly pedestrian cause of "killed while on investigation"). The next one? Well, she was only mentioned briefly near the start, but you'll get to form your own opinion of her soon enough.
    Last edited by Azazeal849; 02-16-2014 at 08:39 PM.
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

June MotM 2014
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azazeal849 View Post
    I hope it doesn't disappoint! Though I think you might be giving the Necrons too much credit - was targeting Schafer all "just as planned" or was he simply the last replicant left alive, and his bombing of the (hastily abandoned) tomb complex on Vitaris just an attempt to salvage the situation / cover his own ass after Faroven was discovered and the data dragon nullified? What were the Necrons trying to achieve by sieging Venatora anyway? Was the inquisition part of the plan at all, or just an unwelcome wild card? Hopefully the sequel will explain.
    I can spitball as to why, or give an opinion. I'm rather adept come the tropes and plots for most stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Azazeal849 View Post
    Well, according to Van Der Mir at the end of Black, the two before Massani commandeered armies and launched attacks on Hive Fleet Kraken and the Eye of Terror respectively. Schafer, while demonstrably still a believer in Big Sticks, was probably a bit more level-headed (and died of the fairly pedestrian cause of "killed while on investigation"). The next one? Well, she was only mentioned briefly near the start, but you'll get to form your own opinion of her soon enough.
    Oh, I'm looking forward to that.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarms48 View Post
    I can spitball as to why, or give an opinion. I'm rather adept come the tropes and plots for most stories.
    I'd like to see that, even if I can't necessary confirm or deny your theories. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jarms48 View Post
    Oh, I'm looking forward to that.
    And I'm looking forward to seeing if Remus makes a return, or if we'll be meeting that eccentric ex-arbiter (you're welcome to run both, of course!).
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 48969798