Page 1 of 98 12351 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Warhammer 40K: The Replicants - recruitment and OOC

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Default [M] Warhammer 40K: The Replicants - recruitment and OOC

Rated M for distressing situations, violence, and potential language and drug references.

Link to IC

Spoiler: Prologue 

Hi everybody, and welcome to my second attempt at GMing on RPA. This story takes places within an existing continuity (that of SandQueen's A Wash Of Black series) but is set several years earlier and is not related to the original storyline. As such, characters old and new are both welcome.

RULES

You all know the standard RPA rules so I won't repeat them here, but there are a couple of my own that I'd like to add.

• Please write all IC posts in third person past tense. That is, "John stood up", never "John stands up" or "I stood up".
    • If you're including another player's text to help put your IC posts in context, please indicate it with a different colour; please don't use quote boxes in the IC.
    • Please leave a message in the OOC thread if you're going to be away for a while. If you run out of inspiration and want to quit that's also fine, but please have the courtesy to let us know that you're leaving so that other players aren't left waiting around for you.

RP BACKGROUND

Venatora is an unremarkable system in the Ixaniad sector, Segmentum Obscuras, named after its single habitable planet. The planet itself is a heavily populated Civilised World with healthy trade links to the neighbouring Daargard system and the rather more distant Solomon. It is mostly famous for a bloody war fought in early M37, in which a Necron tomb awakened from the core of the planet's single moon. The highly-advanced xenos quickly overran the lunar outposts and mounted attacks on the planet below. Despite heavy losses, the PDF was able to hold the line until reinforcements arrived from Daargard. When they appeared they were unexpectedly joined by an Eldar fleet, believed to originate from craftworld Kaelor. Though unexpected and uninvited, the Eldar assisted the Imperial Navy in bombing Venatora's moon into gravel, reducing it to the series of rings that now orbit the planet in its place. The great victory over the surviving Necrons that followed is celebrated on Venatora to this day. Naturally, the histories omit the involvement of the alien Eldar, and the catastrophic climate changes that were only mitigated by the Adeptus Mechanicus deploying massive grav-anchor stations in orbit around the planet.

Venatora's current tithe grade is Exactis Prima, and as well as the periodic Imperial Guard levy it exports foodstuffs, minerals, and machinery from the many Ad Mech foundries present in the major cities. The current planetary regent of Venatora is governor Malachi Faroven.

Spoiler: Governor Faroven 

Your characters are inquisition agents in the employ of inquisitor lord Immanuel Sidonis. Sidonis commands a truly monolithic staff with agents and support personnel active across several sub-sectors, and your character is unlikely to have met him in person. They may however be familiar with some of his subordinates, such as field agent Lawrence Van Der Mir and chief logistician McKenzie von Rousch.

In the present day (605.M41, six months after the highly-classified Pembroke Incident) your characters are part of a team dispatched to Venatora as part of one of Sidonis' many ongoing operations in the sector: an investigation into the illegal trafficking of alien artefacts. Venatora is one of several worlds the xenotech dealer has been known to frequent and the team have been placed there for a pre-emptive sting operation, managed from afar by one of lord Sidonis' senior agents, interrogator Javid Schafer. Your characters will know Schafer (though not necessarily well), having worked with him before.

Spoiler: Interrogator Javid Schafer 

It is a relatively low risk and low priority assignment, but things changed dramatically a couple of weeks ago when orbital relay stations picked up a mysterious signal, emanating from Venatora's supposedly dead sister planet Vitaris. Governor Faroven responded quickly, organising a joint venture with the Ad Mech to send a small explorator mission to investigate the source of the signal. The leader of the team was Aeronautica group captain Conrad Noyer.

Spoiler: Group Captain Noyer 

When inquisitor Sidonis and his staff heard about this, they immediately took notice. Suspecting some kind of Necron resurgence, Sidonis dispatched interrogator Schafer to take command of his personnel already on Venatora. He wants the explorator team thoroughly debriefed by his own organisation before any report is made to the planetary authorities.

Spoiler: Suggested character profile 

TEAM

Field agent Marcus Black
    Field agent Kally Sonder (Dakkagor)
    Field agent Vincent Nyl (Felwether)
    Sanctioned psyker John Shere (Dough Guy)
    Sanctioned psyker Lia (Kardar233)
    Stormtrooper Julianus Remus, TFC (Jarms48)
    Sister Sapphira (PaintSerf)
    Ad mech liaison Vizkop (Atrum Daemon)
    PDF liaison Mattius Attelus (Simulacrum)
    Xenologist Fredriq L'Hoace (Childsouldier)
    Verispex agent Kelly Black
    Last edited by Azazeal849; 06-02-2013 at 08:26 PM.

RPA Honor Guard
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

By the Emperor...ANOTHER one?

Spoiler: Things I like 

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Yes, another one. In no way competing though - this will be a very different concept and style to A New Chapter.
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

there's a third one in the parody/fanfic section too, I think.

June MotM 2014
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cfavano View Post
    By the Emperor...ANOTHER one?
    This just isn't any other one, this is an Azazeal one! Will read through the premise and will draft a character when I have some free time at work.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

now that everyone's doing it it's not cool anymore

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cfavano View Post
    now that everyone's doing it it's not cool anymore
    Azazeal’s been working on this one for a while. In my experience with his RPs the effort and time has been very well spent.

Also, Hurrah! Back to GrimDark we go!

Mature, Scifi, Mystery, Drama
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Excellent! There is no rivalry on these boards we are here to have fun and enjoy the vast warhammer and warhammer 40k universe. I plan on joining if you will take me.

Also if you have an idea for some art work I would be happy to do some for you, I did my signature for my thread, only took me a day or so.
    Last edited by Moe; 02-07-2013 at 10:47 PM.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jarms48 View Post
    This just isn't any other one, this is an Azazeal one! Will read through the premise and will draft a character when I have some free time at work.
    Haha, thanks for the vote of confidence Jarms. Glad to have you on board once again.

Quote Originally Posted by PaintSerf View Post
    Azazeal’s been working on this one for a while. In my experience with his RPs the effort and time has been very well spent.
    You're giving me too much credit PaintSerf; it's always my fellow writers that are the lifeblood of my RPs.

This one won't base the story around ethical issues like The Lesser Evil or Business Is War did - it'll essentially be a straight thriller like Eclipsis. That said, since it's part of a series, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a bit of character study.

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Excellent! There is no rivalry on these boards we are here to have fun and enjoy the vast warhammer and warhammer 40k universe. I plan on joining if you will take me.

Also if you have an idea for some art work I would be happy to do some for you, I did my signature for my thread, only took me a day or so.
    I'd be happy to have you, Moe, and thanks for the offer - I did have a cover picture in mind already (see my sig) but if you want to knock together something with some grim-looking inquisition agents and/or some sinister characters with green lightning in their eyes I'd definitely take a look at it.
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

June MotM 2014
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

[*Ordos Xenos; Imperial Inquisition;*]
    [*Personnel Request;*]
    [*Storm Trooper;*]
    [*Remus, Julianus*]

Name: Julianus Remus
    Position: Inquisitorial Storm Trooper

Active* Siblings:
    - Inquisitor Chrysanta Remus, deployed on Inquisitorial runs across outlying Imperial Sectors.
    - Sororitas Hospitalar Roxanna Remus, deployed on Gravio II. Tending to victims of recent viral outbreak, under the banner of the Sisters of the Sacred Watch.
    - Commissar Aeton Remus, allocated to 156th Corilithian Infantry Regiment.
    - Colonel Balios Remus, commanding officer of 627th Corilithian Armoured Regiment.

* Note these reports detail latest generation of family Remus, for retired personnel or extended family of similar generation please search out a Scribe of the Ordos:
    - (Deceased) Kephas Remus, former commander of 156th Corilithian Infantry Regiment.
    - (Infant) Solon Remus, currently undergoing Schola Progenium conditioning.

Personality:
    - Gruff
    - Stern
    - Loyal
    - Questioning

Weapons:
    - Hotshot lasrifle
    - Hotshot pistol
    - Combat knife
    - 2 Fragment grenades
    - 2 Bright grenades
    - 1 Melta bomb

Equipment:
    - Carapace armour: Typical armour kit, forged from plates of armaplas fashioned into a complete suit. Forge world stamp of the Seventh planted on the middle of back neck ring, Inquisitorial -I- displayed on right shoulder guard and upper left chest;

- Matching helmet: Armaplas ballistic helmet, with attached targeter and secondary helmet lamp powered by an independent battery or miniature motor. An Imperial eagle is stamped upon the front, along with a manufactorum stamp of the Seventh imprinted underneath at the top of the dome.

- Rebreather mask: Polymer visor is capable of several visual modes including, night vision and thermal. Visor is capable of tinting in the event of blinding lights , it is powered by an independent battery or motor mounted at the back of the helmet;

- Auspex: Electronically accessed in Remus' visor optics, this simple device displays a forward 90 degree cone which detects movement up to varying increments. These being 10, 20 or as far as 40 metres;

- Microbead: A small ear mounted communication device for short range communication between Inquisitorial team members or if required external sources - those being elements of local PDF, stationed Guard Regiments or militia forces. Upon the ear pieces mounting plate is the Manufactorum stamp of the Seventh.

- Tan fatigues: Typical operating uniform for the Inquisitorial militant, though camouflage patterns and standard kit are changed during assignment and operating theaters. Remus routinely swaps between standard uniform worn on base to that of white fatigues during assignment on planet Venatora

Background:
    Julianus of the family Remus. A family of some renown its sons and daughters having a long standing tradition of attending the Schola Progenium becoming members of the Inquisition, the Commissariat, Adepta Sororitas or the Imperial Guard. For Julianus however he was destined to a life of duty to protect and provide security in the halls of the fortresses of the Inquisition. He has been allocated to several Inquisitors for numerous assignments, tasks which have led him to believe the result of all things falls to the cursed gods and leaving him suspect of rooting out cult activity wherever it be found.

He was born the sixth child of his generation, his older siblings often left him envious by their own successes or current positions of notably higher standard. His sisters, a Soroitas Hospitalar and a Ordo Xeno Inquisitor, the latter personally requesting his services to merely rub it in. Something that left him wondering if she ever truly grew up or how she even became an Inquisitor in the first place. His brothers two officers of the Guard and a Commissar; the oldest son a man who Julianus no longer considered his brother, having led to the death of another one of his older male siblings.

His home world, routinely called the First that being it is the capital of the Sector and coincidentally the first to be colonized by man. A high tech system at the back end of the universe, now at war with the Tau Empire as those young xenos continually attempt to expand their sphere. Julianus would have rather signed himself up to the Guard, fighting and dieing for his home, not here, not for family tradition on some far flung backwater he hadn't even heard of.

Report Ends
    Last edited by Jarms48; 07-15-2013 at 05:49 AM.

Page 1 of 98 12351 ... LastLast