Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: +++Personnel Archives+++

June MotM 2014
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

He was a character in the short lived Warhammer 40,000: A New Chapter as the SCO of the 2433rd infantry regiment and allotted armour assets.
    Last edited by Jarms48; 02-09-2015 at 06:12 AM.

June MotM 2014
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

+++Opening Extract+++

... Loading Departmento Munitorum Request.
    ... Loading
    ... Loading

Spoiler: Cadian 1025th Field Army; Commanding Officer 

Spoiler: Cadian 1025th Field Army; Participating Regiments 

+++Extract Ends+++
    Last edited by Jarms48; 02-10-2015 at 12:32 AM.

June MotM 2014
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

[*Ordos Xenos; Imperial Inquisition:*]
    [*Personnel Request:*]
    [*Investigator:*]
    [*Hybrida, Glabrio*]

Fucking ay, I took on a rowdy lot of ya' three times your size before breakfast. This'll be easy...-- You have the right to be ventilated. I have the right to burn your home and destroy every vestige of your existence. Do you understand your rights as I have read them to you?

Ditto, outside his helmet.

Name: Glabrio Hybrida
    Position: Investigator

Personality:
    - Stubborn
    - Egotistical
    - Glory hound

Weapons:
    - Arbiter Lawbringer shotgun: Large bore, chambered with flechette, buck, shock rounds and modified bolt shells.

- 2 Auto-pistols: A matched pair of high capacity, hollow-point cartridge auto-pistols, taken from Hybrida's own personal stock. Modified to carry extended magazines with reinforced rounds, supplied with more grain than usual.

- Shock maul: This versatile one-handed weapon comes with two power settings. At its low setting, the maul's head delivers an electrical shock powerful enough to stun its targets, just like a regular Shock Maul. At the high setting however, the energy forms a crackling power field that can sunder steel, armour, and flesh.

- Snub-nosed stub pistol: A six-round revolver holstered and hidden around the ankle. An extra piece should Hybrida ever find himself out of ammunition or a situation where he is away from his traditional sidearms.

- 2 Bright grenades
    - 2 Stun grenades
    - 1 Frag grenade

Equipment:
    - Carapace armour: Arbitrator carapace armour is constructed from dense plasteel plates overlaying a synthetic polyplastic fibre weave that must be produced in an orbital null-gravity manufactorum. Arbites carapace armour is designed to be clipped together and worn over a light, breathable bodyglove, the armour carefully constructed and tailor-made to the proportions of the Arbitrator concerned. Given that the armour must be worn for hours at a time, often during periods of extreme physical exertion, it must be light and comfortable, and it succeeds surprisingly well on these fronts.

- Matching helmet: The carapace helm is equipped with a vox-torc. It also contains polarising lenses which react instantly to light over a certain lumen level, and which have the effect of negating photonic flash grenades completely.

- Jelly beans: A small bean-shaped type of confectionery with a soft candy shell and a gel interior which come in a wide variety of flavors. The confection is primarily made of sugar.

Background:
    Glabrio of the family Hybrida, one which the citizens of the Imperium would be unfamiliar with; like so many countless others. His is a name seeking prestige, fighting for every bit of renown one can scrap up. But to shine as a beacon in the sea of a billion-billion subjects is a difficult mantel to attain. His parents were standing members of Imperial commerce, his grandparents before them workers designing Imperial infrastructure, and those before them members of local politics. Glabrio was the bad apple of the latest generation of Hybrida, the middle child, one who never received enough discipline, nor the right amount of attention.

He was the bully, one to look for trouble, the one to always start the fights. His life in the church schools was one of juvenile violence, and numerous cases of suspension. His test scores were average, and he was cunning enough to avoid the drafting of the Guard. Glabrio sought a better name for himself, to strive to his parents badgering, to what their name deserved. Strings could only take him so far, and the professions of his forefathers were continuously out of reach.

A compromise had to be found, and as such he was willing to relent and take a position in the local Arbiters. The investigations into political corruption and the scrutiny of regulating Imperial law was a bore to him. So he sought other departments, one of regulation. His past seemed to control him, and he became somewhat of a lone wolf, a bane in the underhive. He had a knack for weeding out the gangers, the dealers, the insurgents, and the riffraff.

So much so that most of the notorious gangs had given Hybrida and his team nicknames. Then came the Inquisition... He still wonders why they took him with them. Why he isn't dead. Perhaps they saw him as a potential asset, or maybe they just liked his charming personality. For two years he's served under them, fought for the so called greater Imperium, trading the squabbles of thieves for all manner of Xenos.

He'd rather take his chances with the Xenos.

Report Ends
    Last edited by Jarms48; 06-22-2015 at 11:43 AM.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarms48 View Post
    Jelly beans: A small bean-shaped type of confectionery with a soft candy shell and a gel interior which come in a wide variety of flavors. The confection is primarily made of sugar.
    I have to say that detail made me double take.

Quite an amusing concept though. I get the impression that he aspires to be this guy:

Last edited by Azazeal849; 12-14-2013 at 10:36 PM.
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

June MotM 2014
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

That seems to be a very apt comparison, it would definitely be something I see Hybrida doing! Well dreaming about, similar to that scene. Now to plot out further characters, I have a few in mind. Namely some without carapace armour! Whoo! Hmm, seeing as I've effectively dedicated this to 40k I should probably delete the first character I posted. Hmm.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

An over-the-top fight scene (possibly in the style of the sillier Black Library novels, for additional satire) that turns out to be a dream sequence would quite possibly be the best opening post ever.

There may well be a place for Hybrida in the Replicants sequel, most likely in Machairi's retinue! As for other character ideas, I'd love for you to PM me them so I can potentially fine-tune the plots of my upcoming RPs to accommodate them.

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

June MotM 2014
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

The only other characters I really have in mind are guardsmen. There's a female LRMBT operator, a rather disturbed special weapon trooper with a flamer; the words pyromaniac and disgruntled come to mind, a disgraced former-lieutenant who all but refuses to remove his peaked cap, and a spectacle wearing sharpshooter. Though I do have an Administratum scribe in the works, she is in no way a combat orientated character, she just follows everyone around documenting the events of the passing millenia as she sees fit. Is there anything in particular you'd be looking for?

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Any of the latter three would work for Prophet (either instead of or in addition to Remus) and literally any of them (except maybe the scribe) would be perfect for Blurred Lines.

June MotM 2014
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Which will be the next one you're going to run? As the pyro/Lt would be perfect (or more suited) for chaos temptation. The others, well do you need a driver? A scribe (who'd be similar in role to L'Hoace )? A sniper, and or a glorified cop? (I can see Hybrida pissing Remus off, he's almost a polar opposite, which could be fun)

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Which will be the next one you're going to run?
    Prophet first, not just to finish off the Replicants storyline but also because interrogator Machairi will play a fairly major role in Penitence and I want the players to meet / form an opinion of her. Blurred Lines might run at the same time or be put on the back burner depending on how keen people are on writing two stories at once (I also haven't completely worked out the plot).

The others, well do you need a driver? A scribe (who'd be similar in role to L'Hoace )? A sniper, and or a glorified cop? (I can see Hybrida pissing Remus off, he's almost a polar opposite, which could be fun)
    Driver - depends on how much the Leman Russ is her defining "thing". Because while I can definitely see the opening scene of Blurred featuring a tank, it would be difficult to fit one in through the rest of the story (same goes for Prophet and Penitence).

Sniper - would be useful in Penitence, as the heretic we'll be chasing is also a sniper.

Scribe - I can see her being useful in Prophet, as the secondary mission objective is evidence gathering.

And like I said before Hybrida would be awesome in any of the three.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast