Thread: Fairven city

Wolf of the Highlands
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Default Fairven city

From the distance it looks like a wonderful place. A glistening city on the horizon spanning more than half the continent of Jesex.
    Lights shined on every street, the latest hover car available to almost anyone who wanted one. A nice penthouse sweat with an amazing view of the skyline. But no one sees what it’s really like underneath.
    For the rich, it’s a dream come true, privacy, security, and not a care in the world. On the top side.
    Below, it’s a dark endless maze of roads and alleyways that you could die in if you couldn’t navigate the ever shifting, ever complex gang territories and allegiances.
    While the rich sit pretty stuffing their faces, we can only hope to survive in the belly of this great beast.

Some of us were born below, while others were put here by losing a job or some other subversion.
    Sometimes we find our way to the surface for a short time. A short time into the gleaming city we dreamed of while others turn to poppin’ flip and crack, using their already small earnings to drown themselves in beer.

And if you manage to make enough cash, and ward off anyone trying to take it from you, you still have to look out for local patrols who might suspect you stole whatever is in your pockets, or want someone to blame for their posting.

Those who are Zorens have it a little easier due to their unusual powers, though not everyone seems to have it. Each power is different, as different as one person to the next. It’s extremely rare for two people to have the same power, but there have been instances of it happening like the local Hasbars, whose family ended up having 5 people in the family with the same power.

Those who have it harder are the beastmen and most other demi-humans like the tieflings, half elves and half orcs. Though some can make it by a little better than others and earn their place with everyone else, Aasimars are the usual exception and are hardly seen below unless they were assigned for a patrol below or they had become as fallen angels who fell from the good graces of the ones above.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is meant to be a bit of a utopia/dystopia sort of city with the upper class, as they remain upper class, stay in a lovely pent house on the surface while the lower class and anyone else who doesn't quite make the cut live bellow in a more dystopian and even slum like area that is rife with gang violence, murders, and theft.
    But there nicer parts of towns than you might expect down there if you bather to look.
    Mostly, everyone looks out for their own and everyone looks over their shoulder wondering who would want to try putting a knife in them next to get their next pick up.

This is also supposed to be a bit of a futuristic fantasy. While some "lower class creatures' are discriminated against, some do manage to get their nice surface pent house suite. But those on the surface can also find themselves in the unforgiving world below.
    But generally, if you get a surface job, you can soon afford to move to a nice suite, and losing a job could mean losing it.

So good luck in a cruel world, and keep a good hold on your money chip.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Flip is a type of drug that helps you flip your mood, producing a high like effect.

Zorens are not unlike benders from the last avatar, but are a bit more of a minority and there is more to them than earth, fire, water, and air as their abilities can be almost anything.

Money chips are just refereed to as chips for short, and are the way for all transactions. Looks kinda like a usb drive.
    Last edited by Highland Sniper; 05-31-2021 at 04:05 AM.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra 

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

If there's no physical money, then really this money chip is a universal ID that links in your bank account and allows you transfer funds via a security terminal - which means all those transfers are traceable. That's a problem if you're doing something illegal and don't want the authorities to know about it. Unless you hire a cowboy.

So what do you do when you want to do something off the books? Ah, tokens. Sorta like the gold coins you see in John Wick, these tokens are for small services - laundry machines, gashapon or small vending machines - devices that don't have a secure terminal. Or something like pachinko parlors where it's illegal to gamble - but you can trade in your "prize" for tokens.

Anyway, I'm picturing a downsider gnome tech who makes illegal unlicensed repairs.

Anyway,
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

What would be the main story? I like the setting, but what’s the plot? What is driving us, and to what goal?

I’m interested, definitely, but I’d like a bit more info before I get too excited.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8</a>

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Well, the main idea is just to survive.
    Or you could do the standard dystopian fiction and attempt to overthrow the government in order to make a new one that works for everyone. Or you can do something a little more civil and start a civil reform movement and get the government to change on its it's own.
    There are a few paths.

To tell the truth, I'm starting to see the role of the DM a little differently. We are to provide the world, the setting, and the interaction and the rules for the players to experience. We might have something in mind of what we want, but ultimately, it's the players that decide where the story goes. This may end up going away from the DM has planed, but can be much more satisfying.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Any other takers?
    I'm gonna wait another day

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

I guess it depends on how the players want to play?
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

yeah, pretty much.
    I'm giving you a fun world to mess around in. I really just made it to survive in, but you can try doing anything you want.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

https://role-player.net/forum/showth...49#post3090249

Well, the OOC is up for anything who is interested