Page 1 of 166 12351 ... LastLast

Thread: Argos -The infected (IC)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Argos -The infected (IC)

The surroundings were covered in fire and jagged metal from above as well as the burnt remains of the unfortunate. Some even more unlucky to not have died quickly from the impact but burned to death slowly instead. Up above, hanging from the over-pass, tangled the remains of the creaking convey, pieces still falling down towards the ground 50 feet below.

In this chaos and terror there remained two survivors in the far side of the wreckage in one of the convoy's beaten carts . It was a rough ride down but they had survived none the less. One pulled himself up using one of the seats for leverage. He was young but had seen his share of the terror in the world but even he had to admit this had topped it all. He remained unaware of the other only a few feet away from him, shivering in terror in the arms of his dead mother but to terrified to scream out.

The standing one limped, wounded and dazed, only taking a few steps to look around the cart. It was what had saved him from the fall, but only sheer luck saved him from the explosion. A buzzing was in his right ear and it took him a moment to realize it was a radio. He responded. “Hello?”

“Oh thank god Kent! You're alive! I tried to stop him but. . .” A response came back but whatever the girl on the other side was rambling about he didn't understand, than she was cut off and it returned to buzzing. He tossed the ear piece on the ground, it was useless and damaged and the buzzing of the radio was only making the buzzing in his head worse.

He was about to leave when he heard a cough. He turned back towards the back of the cart quickly, relieved to hear the sound of life. He walked back slowly looking around, he had to move a large sheet of metal to get to the kid and it was horrid sight he saw. His mother was impaled and in her arms was the boy shaking. He bent down to wiggle the kid out of the cramped space.

The boy didn't struggle or even open his eyes as Kent lifted him up. The kid wasn't too hurt, other than a few scratches and complete shock. Kent carried him on his back and walked to the door of the cart, having to force a scrap part of another cart out of the way to clear the path.

“I'm going to get you out of here kid, I promise.” Kent said in a soft voice before stepping outside. Once outside he could see the true terror of the event. It was than his head cleared a bit and he had remembered what had brought him there, he sighed, knowing he had failed.

He had to keep moving to get that kid out of there. Jagged metal was falling from above down towards them and they had several close calls as they moved forward. Kent found it harder and harder to carry forward, his own wounds much worse than the kids but he forced himself on.

It was know seven years to the day sense that horrid event. Now “Agent” Kent stood there remembering it. He was alone waiting for that same kid, who was now a teenager, in a large gray room with nothing but two double doors on each side of it and a wide glass window up above where others could peer at the people below at. Agent Kent stood there with his arms folded. He groaned. “He's late.” He sighed and fixed his red stripped tie before pushing the bottom of his suit jacket behind him and sticking his hands in his pockets. “I better not find him still in bed.” He walked towards one of the double doors and down the hall of the Argos testing site outside the city of Litchfield towards Nemanian's room.
    Last edited by AvisCrown; 02-25-2013 at 06:39 PM.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci Fi, Fantasy, and Parody :)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Amy had been lying on her bed staring at her bedroom ceiling for what seemed like hours. The will to get out of bed seemed to get harder every day. Somehow she mustered up the effort to get dressed. Walking towards the door she caught a glimpse of her reflection. Her ivory skin looked even paler under the harsh fluorescent lighting of her quarters, her cropped black hair stood in every direction from another restless night. She attempted to make herself look semi-presentable but then gave up shortly and gave one last sigh before summoning up the willingness to leave her room instead of crawling back into bed.

Emerging from her room, Amy walked down the bleak halls towards the place she was meant to meet Kent. She didn't want to be yelled at again for being late. Crap like that always make her Acid Glands swell up.

She noticed a figure walking down the hall in her direction.
    “Kent! You’re looking grumpy as always this morning.” She grinned sending him a mocking smile.
    “What’s on the agenda for today?”
    Last edited by Lady Skyra; 03-05-2013 at 10:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"you haven't seen grumpy." He said in response to her comment glaring her down with his usual no funny business stare. " I would however like to know why I spent the last five minutes standing in a room alone when I was suppose to be meeting with someone." He lean down to her level. "I'm going to take a wild guess and assume if I check the security camera in this hall, it's going to show me you just now walked out of that room. . .but I'll get back to that later because there is someone else who I have yet to see today, so brush your teeth and get to the training hall and I might forget to check." The usual good morning from "Uncle Kenny". Agent Kent was hard on the kids and perhaps a bit to hard, drilling them like a drill Sargent. He expected them to be up by six' thirty am every morning and started the day with training.
    He stood back up straight and continued further down the hall to Nemanian's room. As he walked down that hall he was reminded of the rest of that event seven years ago.

Kent lost his footing falling to the ground onto his knees, nearly dropping the kid. He fell hard and it took a moment for him to regain himself from it. About to get up, he was stopped by a large shard of metal tumbling down towards them. He got out of the way just barely in time, his leg getting cut by the metal. He shouted in pain. He put the kid down next to him having to take a moment but he didn't have that moment because while scanning the surroundings he saw another kid, a young girl barricaded under the the wreckage. She stared out towards the two of them from the darkness. Kent reassured the boy before crawling towards the girl and reaching his hand out towards her. "It's going to be ok."
    Last edited by AvisCrown; 02-25-2013 at 08:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Well someone didn't take their happy pills this morning." she thought. As she walked back to her room. Wait....is that my breath? Sweet Jesus! As she hurried back to her room.
    6:30 every morning should be considered criminal but I guess a Carrier isn't going to wait for you to be ready.

She stood at the sink, her manufactured toothpaste that prevents the acid projectiles she uses in battle rotting her teeth, lingered on her tooth brush the water tap still running as she caught herself staring at her reflection in the square mirror above her sink.
    A young girl, barley a woman and a lost childhood started back at her.
    She averted her gaze and began to brush her teeth. Mindless tasks always made her mind wander.
    Outside of this facility people are dying and even worse being infected and the numbers only grow. It rattled in Amy's mind over and over how many more, how many more... When will it be her turn?

The only time her mind wasn't troubled was when she was training, brutal as it was, it keeps you focused. It stops the tragic cycle of self pity by doing something productive with your time instead of waiting around to be killed.

Alright, I better get to the training room.
    Last edited by Lady Skyra; 12-09-2013 at 12:11 AM.

In the lab, building things to help protect others.
    Mostly Sci-fi, though anything that looks interesting.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nemanien was sitting on his bed, pouring over the blueprints of a new weapon that he wanted to try to make, using his power, but he was so lost, he didn't realize that time was ticking. He felt chills go down his back, and his head snapped, up, eyes wide. He looked at the clock in horror, not daring to believe that the time it read was the time. he watched the second hand tic a bit, then jumped up out of bed. Thankfully, he was already dressed, and ready for the day. He gently folded the blueprints and stuffed them into his back pocket, hoping that Agent Kent didn't notice the time. He sighed, as he reached for the door handle, knowing that Kent was probably on the other side, giving the door the customary glare created just for him. He yanked open the door, fully expecting to be met with the glare, but was surprised to find the hall way empty. He looked down the hallway, one way. Nothing. The other, there was Kent, striding purposefully to the door. He slipped out the door, sheepishly, and began to walk to Kent.

---------------------------------------------------------
    Bill was standing at a street corner, waiting for his contact to appear and tell him where the next monster was.
    Spoiler: RPG Personality 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Kent stopped when he saw Nemanian walk out of his room and let him walk the rest of the way to meet him. He folded his arms and waited. He opened his mouth to yell at him but decided he'd save it for later and closed his mouth again. He turned and walked the other way back towards the training hall. He opened the door and held it open for Nemanian. "Let's go." He looked back around, "Damn mutt isn't here either." He sighed knowing that one was a lost cause. He walked in to meet the two others. He folded his arms and stood there in front of them staring them down. He than looked up at the window and a look of worry came across his face it than his eyes narrowed giving a glare at the person staring down at them below.

"Go on Agent Kent. Show me what you've done with them." It was familiar voice, the voice of the CEO of ARGOS, Cameron. It was a smug arrogant voice that seemed to echo through the room. Her cold blue eyes staring down at them like lab rats. It in infuriated Kent that she had stopped by without warning, in hopes of watching them fail. She had allowed this "Experiment" but she had been waiting to topple it sense the beginning. Kent returned his glance to them and reassured them.

"Just don't pay attention to the window. This is just like every other day."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just like any other day?! He can't be serious!
    She glanced sideways at Kent a with a look of disbelief and maybe a shred of fear.
    Cameron's cold calculating stare was so chilling it sent shivers down her spine.
    Amy knew they were being assessed, to decide whether or not she was worth keeping, she could feel it in her gut. So, they came down to see the freaks? Might as well give them a show.
    As the toxic acid bubbled in her throat a familiar sensation spread through Amy's body.
    She couldn't stare if she melted those pretty eyes off...

She launched a projectile that only barely missed the face of the smug CEO.
    Luckily for her, the concentration wasn't strong enough to completely melt away the window just leak through a little, enough to hopefully wipe that smug grin of her face.
    She turned to face her comrades and shrugged.
    "Well?" She asked them "How did I do?"
    Last edited by Lady Skyra; 12-09-2013 at 12:14 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"AMY!" Agent Kent yelled scolding her. "Take this seriously!" He looked back up at the window at Cameron who only seemed to be amused by the act of rebellion. She felt were the glass had been damaged.

"You'll have to try harder than that young lady. You forget we've made this whole place to with stand your abilities." Cameron's guards were set off by the act, they were always a bit trigger happy but Cameron calmed them down. Agent Kent sighed, feeling embarrassed by Amy's actions. Her actions were only a reflection on him.

In the lab, building things to help protect others.
    Mostly Sci-fi, though anything that looks interesting.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Neman muttered under his breath, and then went still. His eyes were closed, and he was concentrating. He wanted this 'test' to go off with a bang. He opened his eyes again, and created his sword, which he threw at a target, hitting it dead center. As the sword was dissipating, he brought his next favorite, the mini-gun, which he then used to demolish the target. Without saying a word, he turned, and began to fire at the the next one. He let the weapon dissipate, already forming the next one. The one that he was studding just before he had to leave his room. A missile launcher appeared in his hands, and he started to fire, blanks for a while, then he let the explosive forces in. At the highest force, he wanted to have a bit of practice, so just before he launched the missile, he turned abruptly, and aimed at the glass. Just as he fired, the launcher dissipated, and a wall of his energy formed behind the glass, with only the slightest of orange tints, the field was in place. Time seemed to slow down, as the missile was on its way.
    Spoiler: RPG Personality 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cameron watch down in amusement and was actually a bit impress but that wasn't the test she had in mind she turned her gaze to Agent Kent who was watching Neman. Agent Kent looked back at her. The two seemed to have a whole conversation in their moment of silent gazing. Cameron had something planned and Kent pleading her not to but it was a losing battle for Kent.
    "That's enough of that Neman." Kent said giving up. Agent Kent turned towards the doors, stopping in the door way, looking back at the two. than closing and locking the door behind him. The two teens would have no idea what this was about or what was going to happen. Never before had Agent Kent left them in the room alone during training. Agent Kent took his time walking to the room where the window was. As he did so their test began.

The room shock as a loud roar was let out from above. Up above in a cage which was now be lowered was locked their test. The large carrier was a strange sickly yellow tone with greenish brown sars all over its flesh. It was almost impossible to think this extremely mutated beast was once human. It looked merely like a mountain of flesh moving around in that cramped cage. It let out deafening roars as it was lowered to the ground and when it finally made it the cage made a large boom and released it. This would be their first time up against a carrier of this size and strength.

Agent Kent made it to the room and walked into it slowly and calmly, heading towards the window. He paid no attention to Cameron who stood next to him but she was extremely amused watching him. He was tense and a drop of sweat seemed to roll down his forehead. He knew this was coming but Cameron surprised him by doing it early and today of all days.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    walking up the street was a tan french mastiff and people paid little attention to him. The french mastiff stood at the street corner next to Bill.
    "Novak. . ." He said greeting the man in his gruff voice.

Page 1 of 166 12351 ... LastLast