Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 1234553 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Race- IC

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Scifi, futuristic, superpowers, some romance, just about anything if it has a good story
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

He smiled, watching Roscoe chow down on the potted meat. Taking a chance, offers Roscoe his hand to sniff before attempting to pet him. When Flair asks him about music, he looks curiously at her.

"I'm not really sure, to be honest. I can remember a few songs, so I guess I like music. If you're offering, i'd love to here some." Kai scoots a bit closer and takes the cup gratefully. He holds it under his nose, savoring the smell of the soup. It's just then that he realizes how hungry he is. He forces himself to sip slowly, even though on the inside he wants to gulp it down with reckless abandon.

All
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Flair smiled and finished her soup, setting the cup down.

"I can make more if you want...." she said and stood up and watched as Roscoe licked Kai's hand. She walked over to her guitar and picked it up, walking back over and sitting down next to Kai again. Slowly she started playing Come Wake Me Up by Rascal Flatts.

"I can usually drink you right off of my mind but I miss you tonight. I can normally push you right out of my heart but I'm to tired to fight. Ya the whole thing behind and I let you sink into my veins and I feel the pain like its new. Everything that we were, everything that you said, everything that I did and that I couldn't do plays through...tonight...." She sang softly, her voice was hitting each note perfectly. "Tonight your memory burns like a fire, with every one it grows higher and higher. I can't get over it I just cant put out this love....I just sit in these flames and pray that you'll come back. Close my eyes tightly hold on and hope that I'm dreaming..come wake me up...."

Fantasy, Scifi, futuristic, superpowers, some romance, just about anything if it has a good story
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Kai listens intently, holding onto every note and every word she sings and plays. He watches her fingers move expertly across the neck of her guitar. He will not speak a word, or even move until she finishes the song. After the final note, he lowers his voice, suddenly overcome with a sad understanding.

"It was really hard on you, wasn't it?"

All
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Flair lowered her guitar.

"Not just this.....my life has always been hard....bullied throughout school.....3 attempts at suicide..." she mumbles the last part, hoping he wouldn't hear. She looked down and noticed the scars on her wrist. She hadn't thought much about those until now and she gritted her teeth, remembering all the times she cut herself.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Kai can't help but look at her wrists and feel sorrow for her. He would try to relate to her sadness but doesn't remember enough to really try.

"For what it's worth, and coming from a complete stranger, i'm glad you suck at suicide." He manages a smile, hoping to generate the same response from Flair. "If you had, I wouldn't be sitting in a warm room, listening to great music, enjoying warm food, i'd be bleeding all over the floor. I'm really grateful you're still here, and that you decided not to kill me back there." He chuckles this time.

"You know, I think they are happy to wait for you. The ones you lost, I mean. I think they'd rather see you live every moment of your life instead of cutting it short."

All
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Flair laughed softly.

"Ya...I do suck at suicide...." she said and looked at Kai, her eye shinning. "That's why I have a scar on my neck and going down...." she pointed out the long scar running down her neck and disappearing into her half top. She gently plucked a few strings on the guitar and looked out the window. "Wow... it's already night...." she said softly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

He gazes at the scar on her neck, following it till it disappears beneath her clothing. After realizing that he was staring, he followed her eyes to the window.
    "Yeah, I guess it is. Is there somewhere safe to sleep here? I don't want to make you uncomfortable or anything. But I don't really think it would be a good idea to travel at night." He start reassembling the contents of his backpack, clearly trying to make things as organized as possible. He removes two more bottles of water and offers them to Flair.

All
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Flair took one of the water bottles and took a few sips. She leaned against Kai and closed her eyes.

"Stay here as long as you want......" she said softly and yawned. She set her water bottle down and fell asleep on Kai, her auburn hair falling down across her cheek, her lips brushing against his shoulder.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Kai is astounded when she falls asleep on him. He looks around and finds a blanket within reach, pulling it over her shoulders. After a bit of shifting, he manages to find a comfortable position. He pulls her hair out of her face, taking a moment to admire her before passing out himself. This is the first decent night's sleep he has had in a long time.

All
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Flair woke and rubbed her eyes. She slowly got up, trying not to wake Kai, and put the blanket back after she got up. Roscoe looked up at her and wagged his tail. She smiled and stroked between his ears. After rummaging through her backpack she pulled out a granola bar and munched on it. She walked over to the window and watched as the sun began to rise.

Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 1234553 ... LastLast