Hastur Tereth (DoughGuy)

Disgeran
    -

Aeregos
    Seritah Maelstrom (Sparkinth3Dark3)

GM:
    CrestOfArtorias

Posting Order
    Determined by rolls from 1 to 100. Highest go first.
    DoughGuy (81)
    |
    Mar(79)
    |
    Sparkinth3Dark3(23)
    |
    CrestOfArtorias (GM)

Introductions:
    Spoiler: Archeos Intro 

Spoiler: Disgeran Intro 

Spoiler: Aeregos Intro 

Battle Start:

The sun had nearly set and the night was soon to begin, however none of the armies had made a move yet, all were waiting for an opening. The spire was lit by a sea of torches and lanterns as was the entire top of the cliffs that framed the valley. The anticipating silence was broken by a booming voice, "ah come on! This is boring, we are here to fight, not to stare each other into the eyes," the voice of course belonged the hulking giant known as Rai-Gonsuro, who obviousely could not stand the waiting. "Fine, if you won't move, I WILL!" with these words said, the mountain of a man leaped forward carried by wake of earth towards the Disgerani forces, his men surprised but quick to follow, roaring their battle cries, as the mass of Aeregos army started to move, it became clear, that the battle had begun.
    Last edited by CrestOfArtorias; 05-09-2013 at 12:39 PM.

Rejection - The Fight for Unity
    A Starsector mod

Merry Christmas!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hastur stood near the opening in the Archeos defences. The clawed tips of his chains hung just below his hands, Aleia's daggers already set within their housings. He looked down at the avian head which he carried on his belt, allowing the soothing light emerging from within it to calm him. He was excited to be here in truth. After the loss to the Ekro he had been depressed, almost suicidal again. But when the chance to fight the Disg heretics had shown itself his mood had completely reversed. This was a battle he knew Archeos would win. They held the high ground and had prepared themselves well. Their foes would be stupid to attack them first for it would leave them open to the other enemy. Hence they were forced to weaken themselves by fighting one another. As the boisterous Aeregonian general began the attack upon disg Hastur could only smile. "Watch our foes wear each other away before they crumble to dust against our wall men. Archeos has already won today."
    Love you alawys sis.
    Spoiler: Quotes 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cruroar looks over the heretical armies of Aeregos and Disgeran. "Barbarians, heretics, and all demons alike. Only the form differs..." The priests gather at the front lines, blessing the troops, and chanting prayers. Cruroar joins them, chanting the litany of hate. "What is the fate of the heretic?" he says "To die!" Is the reply. "What is the fate of the demon?" "To die!" "What is the fate of the Sorcerer?" "To die!" "What is the fate of the unclean?" "To die!" "What is the fate of the mutant?" "To die!" "Burn the heretic! Smite the nonbeliever! Purge the unclean!" "Burn! Burn! Burn! Burn!" The priests, which he is a part of, but not their leader, manage to rile up the troops and ignite their fighting spirits. Cruroar Falconsflight, the Bringer of Hope, draws out his mace, lifting it's head into the air, as it ignites with the holy fire of Alu'Terasa. "I fear no evil, I fear no Death, For Alu'terasa shall protect me!"

Upon a throne that contains the souls of the unwary fools who deem me an easy opponent
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Where it involves your death, and my salvation.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Seritah walked in lazy circles as the assembled armies went about their usual bluster and intimidation factors, trying to can the mental advantages that would help in their favor. Seritah glanced up at the sun, it was on its path of waning, light was growing less, shadow was extending its fingers. Jealously taking what its twin had only moments before, Seritah was bored with this lack of action. He knew he was only a lowly nothing in this war, temporary cannon fodder for the cause. But when the moment came he would prove himself, he would make foes pause before rushing him.

Suddenly Rai-Gonsuro got sick of waiting, he bellowed something and leaped towards the Disgerani forces. Seritah was up and running, his sword Mercy was held by the hilt, still in its sheath. As he charged forward he saw Rai-Gonsuro landing and start his fighting. Seritah came towards the front lines of the Disgerani and he yelled something inconprehensible, drawing his sword from ots sheath and pulling the shield from his back. He ducked under an attack by a front line man...

The battle had begun.

"I walk through the valley of the shadow of death and i say, "Bring 'em all. I fear NO man, cybernetic or flesh. Let em' come and taste my blade. For I tremble before none."

Upon a throne that contains the souls of the unwary fools who deem me an easy opponent
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Double post error. Can't figure out to remove or delete. Sry.

"I walk through the valley of the shadow of death and i say, "Bring 'em all. I fear NO man, cybernetic or flesh. Let em' come and taste my blade. For I tremble before none."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Herald was watching the children of the winged snake turning towards his forces. He was amused by the fact that Archeos would probably be in high spirits, seeing both their enemies going at each other first, wearing the other one down before Archeos even had to lift a finger. Of course they were not aware of his plan and so they could cling to their illusion of hope just a little while longer. When everything was over they would dread their strategy, for they would be among the dead and Meron Pinnacle would be in the hand of his masters.

He cracked a wicked smile, exposing his needlelike teeth turning towards one of his ascended champions. The warrior clad in scorched armor blew a horn, a twisted and ill sound that was like a dark beast was waking from its slumber ready to consume all who would get in its way. It was followed by a series of whip cracks and finally the horde was moving to meet the enemy.

As Rai-Gonsuro reached the enemy all that were unlucky enough to be somewhere near him, were tossed into the air as the very ground beneath their feet catapulted them into the sky. Those that were lucky enough to stay on the ground however did not fare any better, for they met the Cliff Breakers legs and fists, crushing bones or ripping men and beast asunder. Accompanied by the man's laughter this was a curious spectacle to behold.

The frontlines of both armies connected to each other and the battle couldn't have been more uneven, as the Aeregos Swordsmen and Stormwarriors cut down Heretics left and right and seldom lost one of their own. But such was the fate of all who were forced to serve the dark lands of Disgeran. However even if the soldiers of Aeregos did not met any serious opposition, it soon became clear that they would face a problem far greater than that. The horde was wearing them down and fast. Seritah could already see the signs of fatigue amongst the men in the frontlines.

A Starsector mod

Merry Christmas!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

After his initial cheer Hastur watched silently. As good as it was the 2 enemy forces were ripping each other to shreds he would have preferred to be destroying the disg himself. The temptation to break the line and make an attack upon the disg general was very inviting. However to do that he would have to cross a large amount of land exposing himself to not only disg forces but also aeregos ones. Instead he waited vigilantly keeping an eye on the powerful disg warlocks.
    Love you alawys sis.
    Spoiler: Quotes 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cruroar was getting impatient, and it showed. One of his brother priests tried to calm him down, but Cruroar shook him off. "Thank you, brother, but now is not the time to be waiting." He opens his censer, and the pungent aroma of the holy incense begins wafting out. He then faces the troops. "Brothers! Why do we wait? Cowardly is the man who, when given the chance to smite evil, he does not! Weak is the man, who will not die for his faith! Why live for yourself, when you can die for AluTerasa?! Lets us fight, brothers! For Palion! For Nayamee! For all those others who fell in service! Or will you let their deaths be in vain? Will you stand back and watch, or will you join in? I say, we charge at them right now!"

He points to the armies fighting below. "They are weak! The Aeregosians, with their decadence and their flowery words. The Disgerani, with their heresy and sacrilege. We are strong! Our faith makes us powerful. Our faith, is the only truth! He who dies in this battle, shall be with Alu'terasa for eternity! Fight with me, brothers! Let us rain down our judgement upon them! We need to strike while the iron is hot! And it is indeed hot, for Alu'terasa shall burn them with his holy fire. Their souls are lost! Show no mercy! Give no quarter! None shall be given to you!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Seritah watched Rai-Gonsuro move through the enemy as if they weren't anything worth his time, while his brothers of Aerogos were tiring from the long run to the enemy and the ensuing battle. Seritah waded through the enemy, making an attack only when necessary, he would move from one form to the other, his sword an extension of his will. Blood was like a brother glove to the steel of his sword, the Disgerani weren't seemingly challenging, were it for their numbers Rai-gonsuro could take this army with ease.

Seritah heard a voice in midst of battle, it was faint, looking up upon the mighty cliffs above him he saw the Archeos mustering as one of the priests were speaking as if at a sermon. Profaning about how the two forces below were inferior to their beliefs. Seritah shook his head and dodged a blow from a particularly lethal looking Disgerani swordsman. Seritah spun his sword and brought his shield up catching the next attack from the enemy. He thrust his sword under his shield taking the man in the stomach. He withdrew his sword and moved on towards the cliff as he expected the Archeos to come attack from.

Seritah raised his voice, he jnew he might speak upon deaf ears, as they were high above him, "You cowards! So eager to meet your gods? Mercy shall take you!"

Seritah chose a spot that was a good fighting point within the mass of flesh and steel, blood flying, limbs falling, screams roaring, and he smiled at it all. Fortune in war is for the bold. Seritah continued on with a vengeance, his blade feasting on the foe who dared test it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Time seemed to have had lost its meaning in the deadly mealstorm of steel and flesh as the forces of Disgeran and Aeregos clashed with one another again and again. Men and women crazed by fear threw themself against the noble children of the winged serpent. However what was a stalwart defense now began to crumble as the sign of fatigue became more and more appearent, in fact the Aeregos line began to waver. Next to Seritah one of the Stormwarriors was brought down by a women holding an axe, he barely managed to pierce her neck with his dagger and to get back on his feet only to be attacked again.

Sharp, ragged rocks were bursting through the earths surface as Rai-Gonsuro directed the forces of the elements against the fiends of Disgeran. Crushing and tearing apart his enemies, however even the mighty Cliffbreaker would not be able to keep this up for much longer, his laughter was gone and instead did make way for troubled breathing. The man build like a mountain would soon reach his limit.

The soldiers of Archeos were uneasy, the enemy they sought to battle stood before them, some were even more anxious to charge the enemy as the others, incited by a zealous Battle Priest by the name of Cruroar. Those that listened to his speech were hellbent on charging the enemy right now. However before that could happen, they were silenced by a group of Paladins standing infront of them.

"Silence, brothers and sisters do not heed his words. True his words are just and his cause is rightous, but it is of importance that we follow the orders that were given to us. Is it not a virtue to uphold the divine order? Yes the radiant one smiles upon us and will guide us to victory, however he shalt not grant victory to the foolish. You must train yourself in the virtues of patience and control, otherwise you will endanger our holy cause." Though many of the men still harbored an urge to charge the enemy, the words of the Paladin had calmed them down. Giving the Battle Priest a sharp look, the Paladin turned around.

One of the men next to Cruroar pulled him aside. "They fear to die for our Lord, those high and mighty Paladins. Our hearts tell us to charge, how could one ignore such a clear command from our Lord? You must lead us, for you heed his words and ignited our fire, lead us to victory o' holy one." The men looked at him with anticipation.

The Herald turned around. Before him stood a group of disfigured men and women, all had their lips and eyes removed and were covered in ritual scars dressed in ragged robes, the lot of them were breathing heavy and it almost sounded like a snake hissing. The Heralds face once again shifted to that of a loving father," now my children it is time to fullfill your purpose and make me proud," all of them uttered sounds of joy and excitement and some were even shaking. Extending his arms as to embrace them all the Herald continued, "my children go forth and make me proud, grant our masters victory over those that seek to deny us paradise!"

In what boiled down to a series of mad and unearthly screams, they threw themselves into the fray, ready to take their place in their fathers plan. The Herald looked over to a group of warriors that surrounded some large metal crates, all of which were locked by thick metal chains. A wave of his hand gave the signal and the warriors removed the chains and opened the many locks that kept the crates secure. However after they were done, they were in a hurry to get away from the crates. Though not all of them were lucky enough to do so, one was killed gruesomely as the door he unlocked flew open and the beast that threw itself against him teared his head off. A twisted being that was foaming at the mouth, clad in black armor and riddled with painful looking hooks emerged, bigger than most ascended warriors and far more vicious.

The Herlad looked satisfied, his experiments turned out quite well. His reserve would put an end to Aeregos and if not, his plan would make sure his masters would be victorious.
    Last edited by CrestOfArtorias; 04-16-2013 at 05:12 PM.

A Starsector mod

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast