Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Search for a Co-GM

Demonic Princess
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    I LIKE: General, Fantasy but not scifi, Romance, I love to love, I love school RPs too!
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Default The Search for a Co-GM

Hello all,

I am currently searching for a co-gm who would be interested in helping to create a large styled roleplay. This is game is going to be based around an MMORPG, think homebrew DND. Maybe with some dice action. I am not really 100% on all the mechanics yet but having someone to pitch ideas at would be lovely and really helps in the creative process.

Co-GM would need to be an active user, who is planning to be in this for the long haul. I am thinking that this roleplay will involve some massive world building and creation of monsters. If you are interested an in it for the long haul please feel free to either post here or send me a PM.

Editing because I forgot to add that I have been working on this in a thread, so if you are interested and want to see kind of my thoughts and what I am thinking please check out my thread linked down below.

Thread Link!~

Thanks,
    Miss Devil
    Last edited by Miss Devil; 05-15-2023 at 12:24 PM.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Interesting. Generic monsters reminds me of Margaret Ball's Mathemagics, where a kingdom finds itself beset by white dragons with a bar code on their rump, among other such issues.

Possible interest. I like to world build and would like to learn more about what you're intending. Nothing I may offer is set in stone, just an idea that can be adopted, adapted, or rejected as needed.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Demonic Princess
    I LIKE: General, Fantasy but not scifi, Romance, I love to love, I love school RPs too!
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Interesting. Generic monsters reminds me of Margaret Ball's Mathemagics, where a kingdom finds itself beset by white dragons with a bar code on their rump, among other such issues.

Possible interest. I like to world build and would like to learn more about what you're intending. Nothing I may offer is set in stone, just an idea that can be adopted, adapted, or rejected as needed.
    First things first, (you're the realest), thank you for replying!

I haven't really nailed out the world itself, so I am open to really just having a conversation and trying to see what sticks. I am thinking plot wise at least for the beginning you get hit by some tragedy (think like every isekai with truck-kun coming and killing you off) and you end up in the last videogame you've play. (In this case it would be called Fantasy Realm [name could be changed lmao])

The world itself needs to be figured out and developed. I am looking for a GM who would be interested in helping with creating mechanics like how the dice would roll and what the world itself looks and feels like, as well as classes. I have some fun general ideas that I think could be fun to play as but I don't know, I really just need someone to throw ideas at and see what they think would be interesting. I really wanna make this into a larger world that people can play in (looking at you, the world building section of RPA).

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Samizdat is a homebrew rpg I've been working on for a while, it has a Keep It Simple, Stupid (KISS) mechanic for skill checks.

Character attributes follow the D&D sort but are rated from 1 to 5 - low, below average, average, above average, and high.

Skills are rated from 0 to four - none, apprentice, journeyman, master, grandmaster. Also, each skill is associated with an attribute. By adding the two together, you get a target number.

You can also get bonuses that increases your target number, or penalties that shrink it.

If you roll 2d6 and you're below your adjusted target number, you're successful.
    If you roll 2d6 and hit your adjusted target number, you're on the cusp - you're just partially successful.
    If you roll 2d6 and you roll over your adjusted target number, you've failed.
    And if you roll a 12, that's automatic failure.

Just a suggestion, there are other mechanics out there.

Demonic Princess
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Hm, that could make things very simple and easy to get people started. The KISS concept might work. I would need to sit down and try it out and see if people understand it, you know?

Sometimes explaining dice concepts in an RP can be a turn off to new players... But the simpler the better might be the way to go. Have them roll it in the OOC thread section and they'd know based off numbers if it hits off the bat and can continue to RP without it getting too intense.

But then again the only other RP I ever considered having a dice aspect didn't even make it to the dice rolling part, where as this game would call for it almost right off the bat.

Editing because I wrote this before I went to bed but I decided to come back and add more to this. Sorry in advance if you read it before I came back to add more of my thoughts.

I am going to take your idea Enigma and attempt to apply it to the current thread that has become an information dump. That way you can see what I have in mind and we can continue with the bouncing around of ideas. I am going to start with the witch and then work my way though other classes. I do think attribute modifiers are going to be most complex to figure out.

Please let me know your thoughts!~
    Last edited by Miss Devil; 05-16-2023 at 12:18 PM.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Under Samizdat, there are no attribute modifiers as such. If you want the person who has a constitution of four to get an extra HP (and five gets two more HP), that'd doable.

Samizdat was intended to be a generic or universal system. So if you're doing magic, psychic ability, or superpowers, you have to spend a point during creation to unlock that class of abilities. You then buy the appropriate skill from that list. For example, if you want to be really strong, once you've unlocked superpowers, you can put some points into enhanced strength./

Demonic Princess
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Hmm, I would have to see an example of this to better understand. Can you walk me through it so I can understand this better?

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

I'm sorry, these last few days have been very busy for me. I'll see if I can write up a walk-through.

Demonic Princess
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

That would be amazing! Thanks Enigma!~ No rush, I am still working on things on my end too!~

Military, Slice of Life, Anime Fandoms
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Bump, but I'm looking for a co-GM as well.
    Not sure how fast I need one since nobody's replied to the req thread.
    "Good men mean well, we just don't always end up doing well."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast