Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 222324

Thread: Dawn of the Shadows (Drakonnas / Grey) [M]

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Fiction, pretty much anything with a good plot.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Zoey looked up as Joka said that he recognized their location. She was interested to know where they were, as she didn't. But the look upon his face meant that he knew the place well. Could it be his home? They simply started walking, and as they did so, Zoey was astonished. She didn't think she had ever been in a town that felt more "home" to her than this one. Even the ghostly one they had visited earlier. It just felt right. Comfortable. Roomy. Cozy. Safe. It just felt right to her.

They found themselves at Joka's house. Zoey felt wonderful. For once, there was no sense of duty. All the weight that had been a burden on her shoulders was now free. She knew exactly who she was. Zoey, the Zoroark. Joka's girlfriend. She had helped to stop the darkness that was consuming the world. It was all gone now. And she felt free. Legitimately free. And it was wonderful.

But no one appeared to be home, and as they entered, it appeared to be a very tidy home, everything was spic and span, there was a place for everything, and everything was in its place. For a moment, she could feel Joka's worry. What if something had happened to Tobias? But no, nothing happened. And momentarily, a Garchomp entered the scene, and quickly embraced Joka, though backing off. Zoey smiled. Her mother was in for a surprise. A wonderful one. Her adopted son had changed. And as Joka hugged his mother back, Zoey thought she saw something in her mother's eyes.

She was quiet as the two had their reunion, and felt her heart lift greatly at the news that Tobias was okay, and that they would have a happy ending together. That was what really mattered to her. But finally, as she was brought back into the picture, Zoey smiled up at the Garchomp. "It's wonderful to meet you, ma'am." She said, shaking the larger pokemon's hand.

And as Zoey turned to Joka, she smiled. "I would love to, Joka. I would love to."

----

One evening, months later, Zoey was waiting for Joka to get home. There was something that she had to tell him. To show him. He had gone out for a day together with Tobias, the three of them were really quite close. Zoey had practically been adopted by their family, and she loved it. She was truly happy here, in this little town. She had a wonderful life. A pokemon whom she loved more than anything. A family to take care of her, and for her to take care of. Neighbors who were kind. A beautiful scenery. There really wasn't anything more perfect that this. And yet... there was something. Something that might come soon.

Finally, Zoey heard footsteps, and smiled. Joka opened the door, and she greeted him with a hug and a kiss. "Hey there, Joka. How's my handsome dragon?" She asked, running a finger along his neck before letting go. "I hope you had a good time with Tobias?" She shut the door behind him, and gently took his hand. "I've got something. Something to show you." She said quietly. "Come on. Follow me. No peeking now." She led him through their home, until they got to the bed. "Okay."

She smiled. On the bed, was a beautiful, black and orange egg, laid artistically in a pile of blankets. "I love you, Joka." She said quietly. "Are you ready for our next great adventure?"
    Spoiler: Sig Pics 

The Ashen One
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    medieval fantasy, adventure, psychological
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Joka was out with his brother for the first time in a while. In the past months they had gotten closer, but Tobi, too caught up in his new epiphany, had not had much time for his little brother. Since being cured of the darkness, the Gabite had sat down to rethink his life. Joka wasn't the only Pokemon welcoming change. His brother had gotten a job at the town's dojo, training Pokemon to look within themselves for peace. The once pugnacious Gible was now a very calm Garchomp, and had promised to give up his quarrelsome behavior upon evolving once more. The Pokemon was the spitting image of his mother now, and even had the same morals of peace and inner strength.

But finally, they had managed to catch up with each other, and Joka was watching his brother look out at the sunset. "Hey Jokie?" Tobi said after a few minutes of silence. They'd been chatting all day, catching up. But Tobi's tone was different now. It took a more serious tone.
    "What's up?" Joka replied.
    Tobi looked at him, a sad smile on his face. "I am so sorry for treating you how I did all our lives," he said softly. "You'll never know how badly I feel for all that. I probably made your life hell, and I am so sorry."
    Joka shrugged him off. "I'm all the better for it," he said.
    "So you'll forgive me?" he asked, a childlike hope in his eyes.
    "Sure," Joka said easily. "After all, you can't tease me anymore. All of your earthquakes are now powerless."
    Tobi had a mischevious grin, now. "Maybe I can't hit a flier with an earthquake," he said. "But you beware of my stone edge."

They finished their picnic and together they started home. They arrived at Tobi's first, Joka's old home before moving out with Zoey. As Joka bid farewell to Tobi, he told him to tell his parents he said hello. The family was to get together again that weekend, and Joka told Tobi to ensure everyone he and Zoey would definitely be there. Then he started back to his own home, which was a few minutes away.

As Joka stepped through the door he was greeted by Zoey. He took her up in his arms and smiled. "I had a great time with Tobi, thank you," he answered. "He really did have a total transformation. He's very insightful now." He was going to ask her about her day when she said she had a surprise for him. Admittedly, he was a bit nervous. Joka still didn't like surprises much. The weeks of paparazzi at his door had been enough. He and Zoey had been in the paper and had gained much fame for saving the world, but Joka liked it better when things were peaceful, where he could enjoy a life with his family. He trusted her, so he followed her to their bedroom.

On the bed was a rock. Joka didn't see the significance. It was unlike any rock he'd seen, black with specks of orange. He turned to Zoey as if to ask what was it. Are you ready for our next great adventure? He turned back to the stone and his eyes widened in realization. "Is that...?" he asked, but she didn't need to answer. That was an egg. Inside that egg was a son or daughter that Joka and Zoey would raise together, with love. Joka, a daddy. The once cold and heartless Pokemon raising his child with great care. His mind drifted to tea parties or father-son training sessions, or Spoink-back rides, or long strolls teaching a new generation about the world he and Zoey had saved.
    Was he ready? Hell no.
    Joka walked up to the egg and brushed his hand against it. He felt that he saw it twitch, but he could have been mistaken. He turned to Zoey, and he smiled. "Me," he breathed. "A daddy." He laughed, a thunderous laugh that filled the room. "Saving the world? That was easy compared to this adventure." He took Zoey in his arms. "I love you too, Zo," he said softly. "Let us start our next journey."
    He'd have a lot to talk about with his family that weekend.
    Thanks to Craze for the beautiful Bravely set!

~Recruitment Thread~
    Spoiler: Ashen's Personal Hall of Fame 

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 222324