Thread: Heist - By SQJPure

The Pure One
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Heist - By SQJPure

Heist is a book a wrote quite a while ago and had a small enough word count with enough parts to be a good tool for me to practice getting my voice right with in order to record my bigger books. I will be recording all the smaller books before moving to the bigger ones and the books series.

Every short story or novel I read will be 99% most likely of my own writing. Every book will be my own.

Hopefully this will be worth Listening to. God I effing hope so.

I am desperate to get people to read my stuff this seemed the best method.

================================================== ====

Every race has the rights, the right to live, the right to govern, the right to their culture, the right to believe in their gods and the rights to their own traditions, laws. But most important the right to defend themselves. With that right comes the right to possess their own forces, of those forces divisions are set where the most powerful, intelligent, quick, brave and determined forces are set apart from the rest, these proud few posses the honour of being... The ELITE These are their stories...

Heather Dlomo didn't feel like as skilled a leader as she was she was not getting her fair share so, with the aid of friends met in combat, she set out for a big, easy score for her and her team. But the best laid plans of mice and men...

Heist

Spoiler: Heist 

Wish me luck on this shiz

Last edited by SQJ; 02-02-2014 at 07:38 PM.

The Pure One
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

First two chapters(3 parts) to prove I am serious about finishing this.
    It's important I do. So far only eight minutes of recording but I have like ten books so expect a LOT of reading.
    Hey who knows if this goes well other people might start doing it!

Spoiler: Heist 

The Pure One
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Okay this is the first recording I've done past ten minutes.
    Holy shit this was hard.
    I mean holy shit this was hard. I finally understand why people get paid money to do this. This shit is not easy. At one point I was so flustered I started to hyperventilate. Seriously. Gasping for air and everything.
    I cannot stress enough how hard I found this. I thank the stars in heaven I did it because I think gettig it done in the end was actually really rewarding.
    Is it good or well, any good? Hells no.
    Not at all. But screw that I did that shit. It happened. And I did it.
    I think there was a lot I learned from doing it though. I think a very important one. Make sure the room is well ventilated. If you're gasping for air, you're doing something wrong.

Also another thing that I find important is every little thing you do does eventually add up. Will I ever be a great recorder person thingy. No, I think you need to have the right voice. Is my writing getting the attention I always struggle to give it. Absolutely. Am I gaining new incites on the way I write?
    YUSH!
    And I am sure I will be much better now than I am at the end of this book that I am now and even better and smoother at the start of the next.

The Pure One
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

This this a tough one, I can't believe how bad this one was. I think it's because I had too much on my mind and it played a huge part in how the reading went.
    I also realise something about myself which is that I have absolutely no confidence in my voices which is why I don't do any. Which is something really big I desperately need to work on. But I'll keep chugging away and putting in the work. I'm gonna try you guys have the misfortune of listening.

Anyway this is the third chapter of the book Heist. Hopefully you've been paying attention to the other vids and if you've managed to suffer through my voice then who knows maybe this particular story doesn't suck.