Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RPApocalypse {M ~ IC} (H)

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Anywhere I'm having fun
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Monster in the bus!"

I heard the shout and imediatly spun towards the bus, my reflexes on high alert. Sure enough there it was, whatever it is.

Shit! I knew that bus would draw attention to us! What the hell was that idiot thinking!?

I brought my rifle up and squared it against my shoulder. It was my old hunting rifle, a one shot black-powder muzzle loader. It would only hold one shot at a time and took at least 7-10 seconds to reload with no stress. Because of that I learned to become frighteningly accurate with it. If this thing thought was going to make a meal out of MY survivors it had another thing coming.

I relaxed, focused my breathing. Time seemed to drag slightly as I brought the scope up to my eye.

Calculated for distance.

Anticipated movement.

Inhale.

Aim between the eyes.

Pull the trigger.

I felt the force of the recoil and heard the crack of the rifle. I could now only hope I aimed right.

MotM January 2015
    Sci-fi and fantasy, mostly, but I'll take a crack at just about anything.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

"Somebody shoo it away?" Tiel asked, amused despite the gravity of the situation. Her occasional hubris did not extend to thinking she could fight the thing hand to hand, so she whipped her rifle up as she spoke. Kurls shot just before she did, and she held her shot for a moment, waiting to see what had happened. It was smoky, but she could she the thing writhing around on the ground, scuffing up leaves and handfuls of dirt. Kurls' shot had hit it just below and to the right of the head, the thing looked like it was dying but you could never really tell. Bringing her rifle back up, she sighted for a half a second and gently squeezed the trigger back, the echo of the blast slapping back toward her as the force of the recoil pushed against her shoulder. Without pausing or bothering to even think about it, she snapped the bolt forward, ejecting the shell, then back in place, and returned the rifle to her shoulder while she waited to see if it was dead.

That one Reaper Guy
    Mostly everything, I suppose
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

"Yeah, I have vegetables. Loads of em'." I said before readying my gun for the trek back to my car.
    The bus had come as no surprise to me. I'd seen worse in Oregon.
    Spidey came over and as I was about to lead her and Craze off, when a screech and then the sound of torn metal began to fill the air.
    "Fuck." I said quietly before dropping to my knee.
    Wish I had my AR... I thought, still waiting for the opportune moment to fire.
    When the shot made by Kurls went off, I decided to shoot around the vicinity in case he missed, and then grabbed Spidey's hand.
    "If we can get to my car, I have an AR. Much better than what we have now. We gotta hurry."
    I didn't wait for her to nod. I instead just bolted off in the direction I came, and hoped she would follow.
    Thanks to Karma for the Avatar and Signature

cool ones
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Losal wailed in agony, its voice like nails on a chalkboard. If one was to decipher what it said, they might be able to distinguish a "NNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOO, NAAAAAASTY FOOOOOD, NASTY FOOOOOOD," which may have been humorous in a different situation, but not in this one.

My breath caught as the thing burst from the bus. "Z-z-zombie!" I yelled, diving behind the kitchen log. After two shots I peeked up. Wait. That wasn't a zombie. I hopped up again, slightly embarrassed. Hey, everyone's got a fear The thing looked, sounded, and smelled like a zombie. I was about to nock an arrow to finish it off, but Soul grabbed my hand. I looked up at him, eyes wide, before nodding. "BYE," I yelled before following him.

The Losal struggling to his feet, making low growling noises and regarding the remaining members with cold eyes. It squealed again and leapt for Kurls. As soon as the first enemy was down, well, Tiel was next.

Spoiler: Beware the bite. 

Anywhere I'm having fun
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As the creature pick itself up and charged at me with a screech I was filled with an mixture of adrenaline, fear and oddly enough respect.

That thing just took two fucking bullets and it's back up. This is gonna suck.

I dropped my rifle and grabbed onto my bladed tonfas, lifting them into position and sliding my feet into a seisan stance. As the creature ran toward me it tried to catch me with it's claws but I was able to side-step it and trip it up due to it have two bullet wounds. Before it even hit the ground I put my foot against it's back and stomped, forcing it with a thud to the ground. I then quickly crossed my tonfas and forced its head to the ground, the blades creating an X over the creature's neck. I paused for a bit, honestly surprised I did so well. I looked up at Tiel and grinned.

"So, you want to finish or should I?"

MotM January 2015
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

"I"ll be your backup for when something goes wrong," Tiel suggested, checking her bayonet and loosening her knife in the tapered leather pouch that passed as a sheath. Invariably, in these situations, something happened that upset everything. Aiming her rifle again, she waited for Kurls to kill the thing. She was more curious than anything to else, to see if the thing would actually die and if Kurls would be able to do it.

cool ones
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Losal wailed in pain, thrashing under Kurls' foot. At the momentary distraction of his captor looking up to address Tiel, it raked it's razor sharp claws along Kurls' calf, bit him, and shoved him to the ground before dashing away, gnashing its teeth. Two had gone the other way, hadn't they? Maybe it could get those. These were too armed. As it passed Craze, it chittered at him, then continued.

Spoiler: Beware the bite. 

Anywhere I'm having fun
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My moment of victory was cut short as I felt a sharp pain from my leg.

"Ow, fuck!"

I became unbalanced and was immediatly thrown off the creature, my leg wound beginning to bleed profusely.

"Fuck fuck fuck fuck! Tiel, Shoot him!"

I felt angry and fustration wash over me as I ripped some cloth from my shirt and tied it around my wound. I had fucked up again, not only injuring myself but now that creature was after Reaper and Spidey and there was nothing I could do to stop it. I mentally cursed myself, hoping Tiel could make the shot.

That one Reaper Guy
    Mostly everything, I suppose
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

"Come on! It's just up the hill!" I sighed in relief.
    I made it up the hill, and right where I left it was my shitty car. Good mileage though.
    "Alright. If that thing has any sense, it'll be coming for us. Just keep watch, and I'll try and find the thing."
    I hadn't used the AR in a long time, mainly since I found no need to. I had a decent amount of ammo, but I'd still need to find a lot more.
    I heard the screech, and as I turned, I saw it come bounding up the hill, blood flowing down it's body, and what could only be described as angry hunger in it's eyes.
    "SHIT!" I screamed as I loaded the rifle.
    I aimed at the creature, and fired center mass.
    "Get in the car! Get in the car!"
    Thanks to Karma for the Avatar and Signature

MotM January 2015
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Tiel had eased her rifle up when the creature and Kurls went down together in a pile. She was tempted to take the shot, but didn't at first, sidestepping and trying to find an angle where she wouldn't have to worry about killing Kurls. Her shot missed the head by only an inch or so, the bullet hitting the creature in the ribs just below the shoulder and she growled in frustration, throwing the bolt of her rifle and digging her hand into her pocket for another pair of bullets. She pushed them both in the chamber, hearing the familiar clink, clink of metal on metal, and pushed the bolt down again. "Didn't get him," she growled, irritated. "How badly are you hurt?" she asked Kurls in a professional tone as she put the brass casings from the first two shots in her other pocket. "Bleeding? How bad?"

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast