Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: {M} Immortality - The Final Fronteir? (Shades of Grey ~ Drakonnas)

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Fiction, pretty much anything with a good plot.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Elincia ran to find the sailor, but was stopped by Vuxita. "If you want to, you can, but this is my fault, and I should own up to the responsibility of fixing this problem." She said looking at him with bright glowing eyes. Still, he insisted, and she let him, somewhat glad she didn't have to talk to the scary sailor herself. She turned to face the rear of the ship, looking back at waters they had already passed. She was worried, wondering what her parents were doing right now. Had they noticed she was gone yet? Had they thought she was just out with her friends? She didn't know, and was worried about them, truth be told.

After a few minutes, Vuxita came back, giving her the bad news. "Oh... I'm sorry." She said softly, wondering how she would contact her parents now. A part of her was beginning to panic, another part of her was excited to see what lay ahead. As Vuxita continued to speak to her, Elincia looked up enthusiastically.

"Know what I'd wish for?" She asked, eagerly. "I'd wish to be an angel! Know why? 'Cause they're grown ups! I wanna grow up, Vuxita. I wanna be older and prettier, and smarter, I wanna be older. I don't wanna be stuck a child forever." She looked around, eyes a little darker. "But I'd also wish for other things too! I'd love to have a horse I could ride, and I'd love to be a real princess! That'd be soooo coooool! I'd have a lot of pretty dresses, and I could do whatever I wanted to!"

Her thoughts and wishes showed Elincia's peculiarity. She was both a grown up and a child at the same time. She could think like an adult, had the depth of experience. But she was also physically a child, and her brain and body had not developed much. It creeped many people out, which made her feel self-conscious sometimes.
    Spoiler: Sig Pics 

The Ashen One
    medieval fantasy, adventure, psychological
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Elincia's wish broke Vuxita's heart. He had to turn away from the girl and clear his throat.
    She wanted to grow up. So did every other kid in the world, but with this girl, it was different. Her mentality might change, her views of the world were sure to lose their naive standpoint, but she would never grow older than what she was now. He wished he could help her, but there was no way he could. She would be a child forever.

Seeing a light in the conversation, Vuxita responded to her second wish. "You like horses, do you?" he asked. "So do I. You know, back at the castle, I have a horse. A golden stallion. His name is August. Maybe, if you remind me, I can let you ride him when we get back." He looked over the little girl and reconsidered. "Or maybe you can ride Tims. He's a lot smaller, a Shetland. He'd be your size."
    Vuxita didn't have a problem with giving the girl a ride on the castle's horses. He liked making people happy, because he knew he'd have wanted the same if he were in their shoes. The girl would probably remember a pony ride on a royal pony for the rest of her life.

"I probably could pilfer a dress or two, too," he thought aloud. "What's your favorite color?"
    Vuxita knew Axis wouldn't mind him stealing a dress. Vuxita was a born thief. He had to steal things to get by. That trait had been regulated, but he was still awfully good at it. And who would miss a child's dress, anyway?
    "You can be a princess now," Vuxita said. "What can I get for you, Your Highness?"
    Thanks to Craze for the beautiful Bravely set!

~Recruitment Thread~
    Spoiler: Ashen's Personal Hall of Fame 

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Elincia watched as Vuxita turned around. She wasn't exactly sure what it meant, or why he did it. Bitten children were relatively rare, it was a moral crime to turn a child. Not against the laws, but the majority of good vampires didn't like turning children. They would never grow up, they would never get to experience life as anyone else could. They would never know love, never have children. They would never get to really live. And since they lived forever, they never died, unless put to death. And no one wanted to kill a child.

"Yes, I love horses!" Elincia said, brightly. "They're so majestic, so pretty! I really love them! And they like me too! My friend Evonna has one, and we ride him together sometimes. I love horses!" She was enthusiastic about this particular subject, that much was obvious. When the older man offered to let her ride sometime, Elincia couldn't believe her luck. "Wow, really? That'd be soooo awesome!" She was almost jumping up and down in excitement, and was having a hard time restraining herself.

"My favorite color?" Elincia thought for a little while, head tilted slightly to one side. "Um.... I like a rich red. With black patterns. Um.... I also really like an ocean blue. There's something majestic about those colors." It was stereotypical for a vampire to like red, some did, some didn't. Elincia happened to like red.

Elincia watched as Vuxita played her little game. A bright smile spread across her face. "Well, if I'm a princess now, how about... Why don't you tell me a story?" She asked him interested in what he might have to say. "What were things like when you were a kid like me?"

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Vuxita surprised himself as he chuckled at the girl's enthusiasm about equestrians. She was so excited, so...childlike. He had to admire her unadulterated enthuse.
    He committed her favorite colors to memory, wondering if he'd ever make it back to Mauko to actually present them to her. But then, he would make it home. He had to.

The laughing ceased and his smile faded at the little princess's request. Vuxtia opened his mouth to protest, insisting that he would not speak of his past to anyone, but the girl's shining eyes were boring into him. She was expecting an answer.
    "Well," he started, rolling the word off his tongue. "I was a lot different than you..."

The damphyr shifted uncomfortably for a minute before taking a seat on the floor. He gazed out at the sky, trying to straighten his thoughts. "Well," he said again. "My dad was a vampire. A really sick one. He didn't care much for my mother. He got her pregnant though because she thought he loved her. My mom was a human. That makes me a damphyr, a half-blood."
    He cast her a sideways glance, determing what she thought of the term. Damphyrs were typically hated in his land, but everyone had to know he was a half-blood, right?
    Continuing on, he said, "I don't know if you know, but most vampires strongly dislike my kind. Growing up wasn't exactly fun. My mom died at birth-humans aren't capable of giving birth to a vampire-and my dad didn't want me so I grew up in an array of orphanages and foster homes. I grew up stealing and partaking in various activities I'd rather not mention. I... I missed out on a childhood, but that's alright..." Vuxita shrugged his shoulders. "You know," he said, "my mom named me. Vuxita. It means night. She said she wanted her son to be named after the night, because that's when my kind is usually active. That's kinda funny, really, because I was born at six in the morning..." He laughed very lightly. The only point in telling Elincia that was to get himself to laugh. He didn't want to think about way back when. Though he wouldn't admit it, it still did depress him. He was left out in the cold by his own father. No one had ever loved him.
    And no one did currently, either.

~Recruitment Thread~

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

As the elder person in front of her paused after her request, Elly wondered what was wrong. But then he started talking, and all wonder left her as she listened silently. Elincia was a good listener, she was quiet and thoughtful. She listened to him speak about himself, about his parents. Her facial features became a little confused as he told her that many vampires disliked his kind. She had been taught that everyone deserved equal treatment. So why was this guy any different? Everyone deserved love and respect. Everyone needed kindness. And that was one thing Elincia belived in very firmly. She was a healer, after all. It didn't make any difference to her what race someone was. If they needed help, she helped. End of story. Why were people not like that? She simply didn't understand.

Elly didn't speak until Vuxita was finished, however. The small girl looked at him with kind and caring eyes, and smiled. She was so cute, so innocent, that many people felt better just being around her. She walked slowly up to him, and hugged him. "I'm sorry." She said, holding onto him, hoping that he might feel better. "It's never too late to relive your childhood, you know." Even though she was partially correct, there were things that could not be done. She didn't understand that, however. "Don't worry. You'll find someone out there who will love you sometime." She was still holding him, wanting to help comfort him. But it was also comforting her as well, she wanted assurances that everything was going to go okay, that she would get home safely. And that touch, that hug, made her feel better as well.

The young girl let go, and backed away slowly, looking up at him, hoping to see a smile on his face.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

The world stopped. The waves stopped rocking the boat, the sun stopped shining through the window, the planets in their very orbit halted to that single moment that, to Vuxita, lasted hours and yet not long enough.
    What on earth was she doing? Hugging a half-blood? Was she insane?
    Vuxita didn't know what to say. He couldn't remember the last time he had gotten a hug. Had he ever received one? He wasn't sure. Still, the single simple act sent him next to tears, and he turned away.
    While her arms were wrapped around him, time crawled on at such a slow pace. He didn't ever want her to let go. The damphyr wasn't perverted-he would much rather kill himself in the most brutal way than lay a finger on a child in the wrong way-he just never wanted to lose that sense of compassion. This new feeling, this feeling of such friendly touch...he wasn't used to it. He had never received it, and it showed. His body was frozen at the touch. He was tensed until the second she let go.

He wouldn't look at her for fear that he wouldn't be able to contain the tears at his eyes. She was just a child. She didn't know better than to give random people-especially older men-a hug.
    When the young girl spoke, Vuxita forgot about his glossy eyes. He looked over at Elincia, a blank expression on his face. "What was that?" he whispered. The girl was beyond her years already. He was having a hard time believing the words had come from her. It was almost scary, the girl's wisdom. Vuxita simply didn't know how to respond.

"You know, kid," Vuxita said, trying hard to resurrect his mature adult facade. "You really shouldn't go about grabbing people like that. You never know who's on your side. I could have easily pulled my athame on you. I wouldn't, of course, but you really ought to be careful..." He cleared his throat. "Also, some people aren't used to things like that."

~Recruitment Thread~

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Elincia looked at him as she backed away, seeing conflict on his face, but not knowing why. She waited for an explanation, it was not what she expected. "Why not?" She asked, startled, wondering why giving someone a hug wasn' a good idea. After all, everyone deserved to feel important right? It wasn't like that action had meant anything inappropriate. No, it was simply a hug of compassion. It was what her mother always gave her when she was feeling down. She didn't understand the idea that hugging someone like that was a sign of intimacy. She only understood the fact that it made her feel better. So, by that logic, shouldn't it have made anyone feel better?

"But no one would do that." Elincia said, surprised, at the idea that someone would attempt to hurt a child. That just didn't happen. But then that memory came back, and Elincia paled, all of the former levity and cheer was now gone. It had vanished in a second, and she now felt half as tall. "Or maybe they would. Maybe they did." She closed her eyes, and focused on the last words that he had spoken, willing herself to forget about that, and move on. She couldn't let that overtake her again. She wouldn't. It had already happened, it was done, and over. Nothing more. She tried to smile, and spoke again.

"Not used to it? How can someone not be used to it? Didn't you ever get a hug? It's the most wonderful thing in the world. Whenever I'm sad, Mommy hugs me, and sings to me. It makes all the troubles in the world melt away! Not used to it? That's sad." She shrugged. "i guess the world could use more people like me."

Elincia hadn't stopped to consider the weight behind those statements. She didn't comprehend that. She just wanted the both of them to feel better. After all, to her, everyone was good. Everyone deserved to be called a friend. Everyone had potential. No one was worthless. She wasn't, he wasn't. End of story. She was following in her mother's footsteps. Or she would have been, could she have grown older.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

The girl grew so distant, so sad, but from what? His words? He didn't mean to upset her, just as she hadn't meant to upset him. He supposed these things just happened.
    She seemed to move on with ease, but Vuxita didn't want to. He wanted to know what was plaguing the girl, why she suddenly grew so upset. He raised an eyebrow but let her continue on all the same.

He shifted uncomfortably at her talk about hugs. "No," he answered sadly. "No, I've never gotten a hug, as far as I can remember." He sighed. "I don't have a mummy to hug me or sing to me. I never did, because my birth killed her. Maybe it is sad, and maybe the world does need more people like you. All I know is that it wouldn't help me none. Not anymore."
    The man stood. This Elincia was making him rather uncomfortable now and he wanted off this ship. He left the girl there, making his way to the sailor.

"George?"
    "What now, you bloody nuisance?"
    Once more Vuxita's hands were balled into fists. A bloody nuisance? he thought. Well screw you, too. He cleared his throat. "How long until we get to the island?"
    "Storm's a'brewin'," said the old sailor. "Maybe another three hours."
    "Seriously?" he muttered. "Just my luck. I'll die at sea before I can even get the chance to be a hero for Mauko..."
    "You keeps talkin' like that, sure. Quit your whinin' why don't ya'? Now go, leave me. I gots sailin' to do."

Defeated and angered by the old man's attitude, Vuxita made his way to a room in the boat. The room had a cot and a dresser but not much more. He could take a nap.
    He hadn't noticed if the girl was following him. He didn't know where she was. Vuxita could be a sweetheart if he was okay with you, but the second anyone started striking one of his weak spots, he couldn't take it. The damphyr figured leaving the girl for some alone time was better than punching her skull in by a longshot, and so he did what he knew how to do: he ran away.
    Last edited by Ashen; 12-19-2013 at 09:21 PM.

~Recruitment Thread~

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Elincia didn't know enough to know she wasn't wanted at the moment. She couldn't tell that he didn't want to be around her, or any reason behind that. She just knew he was feeling sad. And that made her more determined to help him feel better.The fact that he didn't have anyone to hug her made her feel sad. She couldn't really do anything about it, either. It was a sad world when no one got affection like that. She didn't know what to do, other than to keep following him, and providing him with company.

Besides, it was boring just sitting here doing nothing. There was nothing to do. No one to play with. The sailor would be rude and gruff, and probably would be pissed off at having a girl on board anyway. Something about bad luck. Besides, Vuxita was more interesting to talk to. Only, he wasn't here right now. She wondered around for a little bit, trying to find something to do, but there was nothing. It was a ship meant for sailing, it wasn't a child's toybox.

"Vuxita? Vuxita? Are you there? I'm bored." Elincia said, knocking on the door. "Wanna play with me? Or talk? We can do that too." She was silent for a minute, then pressed on. "I'm sorry if I hurt you, I didn't mean to do that. Did I hug you too hard?" The concern in her voice was apparent, she hated hurting anyone. Seeing anyone hurt, she had an impulse almost to try and make them feel better.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Elincia didn't know enough to know she wasn't wanted at the moment. She couldn't tell that he didn't want to be around her, or any reason behind that. She just knew he was feeling sad. And that made her more determined to help him feel better.The fact that he didn't have anyone to hug her made her feel sad. She couldn't really do anything about it, either. It was a sad world when no one got affection like that. She didn't know what to do, other than to keep following him, and providing him with company.

Besides, it was boring just sitting here doing nothing. There was nothing to do. No one to play with. The sailor would be rude and gruff, and probably would be pissed off at having a girl on board anyway. Something about bad luck. Besides, Vuxita was more interesting to talk to. Only, he wasn't here right now. She wondered around for a little bit, trying to find something to do, but there was nothing. It was a ship meant for sailing, it wasn't a child's toybox.

"Vuxita? Vuxita? Are you there? I'm bored." Elincia said, knocking on the door. "Wanna play with me? Or talk? We can do that too." She was silent for a minute, then pressed on. "I'm sorry if I hurt you, I didn't mean to do that. Did I hug you too hard?" The concern in her voice was apparent, she hated hurting anyone. Seeing anyone hurt, she had an impulse almost to try and make them feel better.

She spoke, in a voice that was a little bit quieter. "I'm sorry..."

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast