Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 242526

Thread: {M} Immortality - The Final Fronteir? (Shades of Grey ~ Drakonnas)

The Ashen One
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    medieval fantasy, adventure, psychological
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

The next three days were certainly tolling on the king, but he managed to hide his worry just fine. He had his advisers watching over the kingdom, and they were doing a fine job. He would thank them all personally when he returned to his castle. He wasn't sure what had become of Elincia's step-mother; he hadn't heard from anyone at the castle with news other than her status in the cells. They were all waiting on Vuxtia's orders, what he would do with her. He wouldn't kill her, no; she did not deserve the sweet release of death. She would probably rot in the cells for a while yet, where she would bother no one else.

Elincia, at least, had survived. This, alone, was a great relief to the king. She was talking now, regaining her abilities. She was okay. As she spoke he listened carefully to every word. Hearing her voice was just further confirmation that she was okay. His face was solemn as he heard her out, and he silently agreed with himself. It was time.

"Elincia," he started slowly. "Elly Elly Elly, what would I do without you?" He stood by her bedside awkwardly. His hands were fumbling behind his body, away from her view. "You know, these past three days have been very hard on all of us. Just the thought of losing you... I realized something, Elly. Watching you on your bed, not knowing if you'd come up alive or not, I... I realized how much I cannot live without you." He smiled awkwardly and looked away a moment, then returned his gaze to her eyes. "If these past days have made me realize anything, El, I've realized that I love you. That I am in love with you. And I don't want to have a day without you."

His hands were shaking. When had he last been so nervous? A younger Vuxita would have laughed at him. "I would be more than willing to put all of this behind us, love," he told her. "But this time... Well, I was wondering if you could... That is, I was thinking that we could move on..." Where were his words going? He seemed like a fool of a king, stumbling over his words. Instead, he pulled his hands forward. He released his fist to reveal a shimmering silver band with a single garnet. Vuxita drew in a breath before continuing. "I was wondering if you would be willing to move on with me... as my queen, Elly."

He had gotten the ring just yesterday, the one time he had left Elly's side, after stewing over his decision all night. He was sure, though. He knew he wanted Elly as his wife. There was nothing to forgive, there was no reason to thank him. He just watched her, waited. Waited to hear Elly's decision.
    Last edited by Ashen; 04-06-2015 at 05:03 PM.
    Thanks to Craze for the beautiful Bravely set!

~Recruitment Thread~
    Spoiler: Ashen's Personal Hall of Fame 

Fantasy, Fiction, pretty much anything with a good plot.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Elincia smiled as Vuxita asked her what he would do without her. "You would probably be off, doing great kingly things for the benefit of the people." She told him. It was what she believed to be true. If she had died, Vuxita would probably have prepared her grave himself. But she was still here, and was actually quite healthy now, despite the ordeal of the past weeks. Vampire blood did that, it healed quickly. But he was clearly nervous, and Elly was curious to know why. She didn't know why he didn't seem comfortable, every other time he had been around her, he had always been cool, composed... Well, okay, there were a few exceptions to that, but still...

She grew quiet again, to hear what he had to say. And as he spoke to her, her heart began to flutter, until it felt as if someone were trying to run it through a blender. "I..." She said softly, wondering where he was going with this, but held herself off, to let him finish. A million things were racing through her mind at the moment. If he felt that way for her, what did she feel? Was it okay? What else was coming? How...? Why...? When...? An unanswerable montage of questions barraged themselves at her, and she was having to concentrate on Vuxita to focus.

But as the King brought out something from behind his back, dawning and comprehension light up Elincia's face like the face of a blind man who could suddenly see in high definition. A sharp inhale, and she stared at the band with disbelief and joy. Was this possible? Had she really died, and was now dreaming in heaven? But beneath her evident joy a shadow of doubt formed, and began eating away at her, until her face turned from happiness, to concern and worry.

"...Vuxita..." She whispered, her voice soft and musical. "I... oh my god..." She wrapped her arms around him, and held him close. "For all my life, I've looked up to you... As a child, you were my role model, and friend. A teacher and mentor... And now... now that I've grown up." she looked him in the eyes, a long, calculating look.

"I would be honored to accept..." She said, faltering. "...it would give me no greater pleasure... But... is it... legal?" She asked softly. "If I... remember the teachings, does it not say that the Priestesses and Royalty cannot marry?" She asked, her voice fearful. "But... Is... I would give my life up for you, Vuxita. Even if it means I cannot be High Priestess one day... Yes. Yes, I will be your Queen."

And with that, she leaned forward, and placed her lips slowly on his, savoring every moment of her first true kiss.
    Spoiler: Sig Pics 

The Ashen One
    medieval fantasy, adventure, psychological
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Vuxita could hardly remember his last kiss, and he realized how long ago it must have been. Elincia was so fresh, so different, and so perfect. It was better than he had imagined it would be, far better than he remembered it to be. He would not have traded that kiss for the world, and he certainly hoped there would be very many more like it.

When they did pull away, Vuxita smiled crookedly. "Is it legal?" he repeated, and chuckled softly. "I see no reason why you may not be both Queen and High Priestess. A High Priestess Queen, it seems fitting. Is it legal... Elly, you're talking to the king! While the laws have been laid down by those before me, if anyone has the authority to change them, it's me!" He laughed again and looked down at the ring. Quieting, he said seriously, "Even if I could not, I would renounce my title for you. Many of my friends in the castle would make wonderful monarchs, I am sure. Being a king has its perks, but I would rather have you."

He got up and hesitated a moment before picking Elly up. He was careful with her; he knew she didn't feel so well. He had a big grin on his face as he looked at her. "Titles and laws will not stand in my way," he said cheerily. "You are my queen, and I do not care what I have to do to protect that. To protect you."
    Thanks to Craze for the beautiful Bravely set!

~Recruitment Thread~
    Spoiler: Ashen's Personal Hall of Fame 

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Seconds passed like minutes, minutes like hours, and hours like years. Nothing mattered right now but the two of them. Elly couldn't believe her luck. It was a little bit weird in a way, Vuxita hadn't seemed to age at all since she had been just a little babe, since their... interesting adventure. And now, here she was, agreeing to be his queen. And she did want it. Her feelings were somewhat confused and conflicted, did she really see him in this light? After all their experiences? After everything, was this the kind of relationship she wanted? A resounding affirmation lit up inside her as she thought about it, and knew that this was the right choice, knew that this was how she would be happiest. She now felt that she really belonged again. She believed that she was actually a part of Mauko. Not just some pathetic short lived human, no. An actual lasting member.

Over the coming weeks, the wedding preparations and plans took up a ton of time and effort, many people were involved in the planning of the royal wedding. And of course, Elly wasn't let in on any of it. It was all to be a surprise for her, and as excited as she was, she grew more and more nervous as the ceremony grew closer. But it was a good kind of nerve, she was excited, and happier than she could ever remember being. Things were going to end well, that she was sure of. She was fussed over, and while it felt good, she was a little bit unsettled with all of the publicity. She wanted it to be something quiet and beautiful, but the people wanted a huge celebration. After all, a Royal Wedding was a huge deal! But she surrendered control, and let herself go along with it.

But it was at her request that the citizens of Akwenkao be invited as well. She had been in contact with Kimeya as consistently as ever, and Elincia wanted Kimeya by her side. Other than that, Elincia had no idea what to expect. She just knew that it would be a day she would never forget. Many thoughts ran through her mind, thinking back to the time she had been playing hide and seek, ended up stranded on a journey that had changed her life, to growing up, to now. All the events were playing out in her mind. Was she really getting married? Was this really going to happen? Was she ready to be a queen, as well as a High Priestess? Could she handle all of her duties? Something told her that she would be able to. Vuxita was always there as well, and Elly couldn't have been happier.

The day finally came. Her wedding day. Her mother, dressed in a beautiful white dress, had helped Elly into her dress, a gorgeous black dress with red flowers and linings. Elly was sitting in a horse drawn carriage, it was completely dark inside. She couldn't see anything. She would be taken to her destination, and there, she would get out, and walk up to Vuxita... Wherever he was. And then... life would continue. And it would be good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Seconds passed like minutes, minutes like hours, and hours like years. Nothing mattered right now but the two of them. Elly couldn't believe her luck. It was a little bit weird in a way, Vuxita hadn't seemed to age at all since she had been just a little babe, since their... interesting adventure. And now, here she was, agreeing to be his queen. And she did want it. Her feelings were somewhat confused and conflicted, did she really see him in this light? After all their experiences? After everything, was this the kind of relationship she wanted? A resounding affirmation lit up inside her as she thought about it, and knew that this was the right choice, knew that this was how she would be happiest. She now felt that she really belonged again. She believed that she was actually a part of Mauko. Not just some pathetic short lived human, no. An actual lasting member.

Over the coming weeks, the wedding preparations and plans took up a ton of time and effort, many people were involved in the planning of the royal wedding. And of course, Elly wasn't let in on any of it. It was all to be a surprise for her, and as excited as she was, she grew more and more nervous as the ceremony grew closer. But it was a good kind of nerve, she was excited, and happier than she could ever remember being. Things were going to end well, that she was sure of. She was fussed over, and while it felt good, she was a little bit unsettled with all of the publicity. She wanted it to be something quiet and beautiful, but the people wanted a huge celebration. After all, a Royal Wedding was a huge deal! But she surrendered control, and let herself go along with it.

But it was at her request that the citizens of Akwenkao be invited as well. She had been in contact with Kimeya as consistently as ever, and Elincia wanted Kimeya by her side. Other than that, Elincia had no idea what to expect. She just knew that it would be a day she would never forget. Many thoughts ran through her mind, thinking back to the time she had been playing hide and seek, ended up stranded on a journey that had changed her life, to growing up, to now. All the events were playing out in her mind. Was she really getting married? Was this really going to happen? Was she ready to be a queen, as well as a High Priestess? Could she handle all of her duties? Something told her that she would be able to. Vuxita was always there as well, and Elly couldn't have been happier.

The day finally came. Her wedding day. Her mother, dressed in a beautiful white dress, had helped Elly into her dress, a gorgeous black dress with red flowers and linings. Elly was sitting in a horse drawn carriage, it was completely dark inside. She couldn't see anything. She would be taken to her destination, and there, she would get out, and walk up to Vuxita... Wherever he was. And then... life would continue. And it would be good.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 242526