Page 1 of 33 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Strange Alliance [Maya&Crazywolf] [M]

Month the of Member November
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Default The Strange Alliance [Maya&Crazywolf] [M]

Rated M to allow all things possible. Not saying it will happen but it might.

It was well past midday when Kaylee finally reached the town. Not that it was really much to be impressed about. Just another town along the road where she might stop the night and get a meal. Still one never knew where opportunity might arise. On entering the town gate she made a beeline straight for the nearest inn to buy a drink of ale and wet her dry throat. The inn in question turned out to be an establishment called the Dancing Rabbit. Goodness knows why it's called that she thought to herself when she saw the name outside the door. Nonetheless she made her way inside, there finding a common-room half full with local patrons, by the looks of them mostly common tradesmen and labourers. A few glanced up and stared at her rather heavily armed attire. Taking no notice of the looks she approached the bar and bought a drink.

Having downed half a tankard, and now feeling refreshed somewhat, she casually enquired of the barman whether he knew of any locals looking to hire a person of her obvious talents. As it turned out he did. Just a day and a half from the town there was a local village was being harassed by a posse of bandits and apparently the local village-folk had banded together to offer a reward to any warrior-for hire that would come and sort out their problem.

As he relayed the information Kaylee sat and listened. She was dubious about how much money these village farmers could actually offer. Besides facing an entire posse sounded like quite a big job for one person, no matter how well equipped. On the other hand her coin purse was almost empty at that moment and she needed to find work again rather quickly. No matter how much she earned the money never seemed to last quite as long as she wanted. She sat in thought and weighed up the options.
    Last edited by Crazywolf; 08-28-2014 at 04:23 PM.
    Born to be a king & fighting to survive in a world with the darkest powers.

The Fresh Prince of Britain • RPAs personal wolf fetish • RPA's Wolf Mascot • Crazy the Wolfheart

A Leaf on the Wind
    Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Mythology, ect
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

She didn't like taverns, couldn't stand the taste of alcohol and wouldn't eat meat. Was not habits she'd been taught growing up so much as what had been learned over the past many years. Her body did not like eating crap and worked more effectively following the ways of her 'true' people and what little she knew of her ancestry. Half the time, Tiri couldn't even stand the human element which wandered the streets clueless and useless. What were they here for except destruction? They chopped down the trees, slaughtered anything that moved and left a mess in their wake. So, why was she here? Because a debt was owed to those who'd given their life, love and time to protecting hers.

This was the reason why she forced herself to walk into that crappy, little Inn. Her village needed a warrior. Someone who would fight for those who could not fight for themselves. To be honest, Tiri was looking for a man to do the job. Word of the search had already been put out to the Inn keeper before her arrival. Now inside, her cloaked and hooded figure was already eyeing the crowd to see which faces she had to choose from. Most of them were filthy, overweight, slobbish, glutenous, pigs. Not one person seemed sober or able to wield anything but a turkey leg.

Arriving at the bar, a leather pouch of coins was placed in front of the bartender then yanked back as a dagger was slammed into the wooden counter in it's place. "Two weeks of searching and this what you bring me? I could best these men with one arm tied behind my back, Shamus. If I return with no swordsman, you get no money. That was our deal."

"Now, now..they'll look better in the morning after they sleep it off. I swear it!"

"I didn't give you til morning." Despite the seriousness of the conversation, the voice behind the hood was soft, sweet and almost melodic in nature. The figure beneath appear to be tall and slender. Most would not consider her a threat at all. The innkeeper did. He knew her well by now. "So, if what you're telling me is there's no one here who meets my requirements, then I'm telling you these coins are returning home with me tonight."

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Kaylee glanced over as the hooded figure approached the bar and slammed the coins and dagger down on the counter. From her own position she had a perfect view of the entire exchange. From her angle she couldn't properly see the hooded woman' face but from her features she appeared quite young. Meanwhile the gesture with the dagger suggested that here was someone that could handle themselves. There was also something beguiling about her voice, a strange enchanting quality she couldn't quite describe. Perhaps it was the latter most of all that persuaded her to speak up.

"So miss I gather you're the one whose hiring" she said, entering into their conversation. "As it happens I was just considering the opportunity myself. Although I must admit that whether or not I offer my service it rather depends on the odds. If these bandits troubling your village are numerous then it will not be easy to face them single-handed."

The Fresh Prince of Britain • RPAs personal wolf fetish • RPA's Wolf Mascot • Crazy the Wolfheart

A Leaf on the Wind
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Tiri didn't want people to see her. Not in a place like this. Humans had proven themselves to be untrustworthy even during the best of times. Add copious amounts of drink, they become completely unpredictable. Why was she searching for one to help her now if they were so bad? Because there was only one of her to go around. This was not a job to do alone.

Hearing the voice inquire about the job, her head wouldn't even turn to face the person yet. "Who's asking?" A name. Tiri wanted a name. She'd hear the other woman out, draw a long pause then, rather cheekily, state. "If you have only one working hand, you won't get the job anyway. I need someone who works two handedly." Sense of humor? Not really. Just the facts. At least someone was sober enough to talk lucidly with. Which is the only reason Tiri even turned to address them. "It will be one sided, we will be outnumbered and you could very well die. Those are the facts as I do not lie. If you've ever fought in battles and were told it would be easy and you would walk away unscathed, someone lied to you. What skills do you have? and what are your terms?"

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Kaylee bristled at the barbed remark about hands. Neither did she like much the questioning of her own experience. Inside she felt her temper rising. Seriously who did this slender waif of a girl think she was? How old was she anyway? She barely looked over eighteen.

"Listen miss I've been fighting battles since you were still sat on your daddy's knee" she replied curtly. "I don't do this work because I damn well think it's easy. I do it because I'm good at it. You don't need to lecture me about danger and death, I've seen plenty of both. As to my skills I can assure you I have plenty. I am curious though about this business of 'we'. If I take this little deal of yours who exactly am I to be fighting alongside?"

A Leaf on the Wind
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

By now many patrons of the bar were all ears. Two ladies arguing was bound to draw interest. Tiri realized this was no place to do business. Since the potential partner was being obstinate, she'd up the ante by testing just how tenacious this woman was.

"I might have changed your daddy's diapers. Speak not of what you do not know." Drawing the hood down, all the while knowing said action would cast many eyes her way. Tiri was lithe, radiant and almost angelic in appearance with porcelain skin and an unmistakable aura ..not perceivable to humans, unless they'd dealt with 'magical folk' such as elves, fairies, nymphs and such. Even among these races, each was discernibly different from the other. The true Fae, even more so.

"Let's get something straight." Dangling the coin pouch in her hand. "I am the one paying. I will be the one asking. The one getting paid will be the one who answers the questions to my satisfaction I won't talk business here." Spinning on her heels, sweeping the pouch within the folds of her cloak and pulling the hood back over her head. All eyes seem to follow her towards the door. Some aiming to rob her no doubt. Tiri faced the crowd, pursed her lips, blew slowly and a cold chill filled the tavern. Once the magic faded, she was no longer there. Only Kaylee would remember she'd ever been.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Kaylee drew breath slightly at the other woman's appearance. A couple of times she had seen noble ladies with delicate features, but nothing quite like that. Even to a girl not interested in girls it was notably striking. She understood then the hood. Without it she would no doubt have the fevered attention of every man in the town.

Still, none of that mitigated the high-handed attitude. With an frown of annoyance Kaylee snatched up her tankard and down the remaining ale in one swallow. She then rose to her feet and strode out of the tavern after the other girl catching up to her just outside the door. "Hey miss, I think you need a lesson in manners" she said.
    Last edited by Crazywolf; 08-31-2014 at 10:13 AM.

A Leaf on the Wind
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

"You're not the only one." Was that a smile Tiri gave to the woman? Could be. Happened so fast, it was hard to tell. "When I have time for manners, perhaps I'll let you teach me. For now, I'm kind of busy." The hood was back over her head while eyeing the people walking back and forth down the street. "You never did tell me what skills you can bring to the table which would even give me reason to consider you over most of those so called men. You said that you have 'fought battles' and that you have..and I quote.. 'skills'." Using a few of her own air quotes symbols to make the point. "Is it with a bow? knife? sword? the strings of your shoes? do you whistle people into submission? Pardon my aggravation; but, I am looking for someone very specific. A fighter who masters at least two weapons and someone who I can trust to have my back as I will have theirs. One who can show great fortitude when all seems to be lost."

After taking a deep, calming breath to allow this woman to mull the challenge over, Tiri would softly and quietly ask. "Is that person you?"

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Kaylee bit her lip. The questions were one thing but she'd never met a patron before who was quite so exacting in their demands. However she also realised from the comment that the other woman was not merely seeking a warrior for the village but also someone she herself could work with and trust with her own life. Meanwhile the seriousness and exacting nature of the questions suggested that the other had a certain experience herself.

"Alright" she replied levelly. "I'm an expert with a sword. I've killed plenty of men with it and other things besides. I am also accomplished with the crossbow when I need it. I fought in the southern cities and the winter wars. I've survived against cold, hunger, arrows-storms, battles of blood and attrition and hopeless odds. I know what it means to put your life in the hands of others, the importance of trust. Oh and I don't fight fairly unless I really can't help it."

A Leaf on the Wind
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

She had never met anyone quite like Tiri before. This was a woman who knew what she wanted and was determined to obtain it. Tiri didn't mince words very often. Wasn't part of her nature. Nor was she looking for someone to do the work for her while sitting back being the mousy, little female hoping for rescue. They were the rescuers. If Kaylee couldn't handle the mission or the course attitude of the woman in need of it, those facts need to be made known now.

There was an extremely long pause before another word was said. She'd really planned on having one of those strong male types to be at her back. One of those types who wouldn't flinch at any of the sharp barbs that often flew out of her mouth. Heaven forbid she say something to make the woman cry. God, she hated how human women tend to boohoo at every little thing. The girl did seem to have the skills and the mindset to get the job done.

"Very well. Know we are going into a situation where the attackers are like ghosts in the night. They kill, they steal and they've kidnapped some of the village children. These people, they're like my family. Human, yes; but they raised me as their own. I won't see them suffer further slaughter. We best get going or darkness will catch up with us."

Page 1 of 33 123 ... LastLast