Page 2 of 163 FirstFirst 123452 ... LastLast

Thread: ❣Terror in America❣

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    who knows
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Faye was perfectly comfortable. Her dreams clouding any negative thoughts from popping up in her mind, it was nice. She started to fall deeper into sleep when the boat suddenly jerked sending whatever she was leaning on flying into the water. Faye's eyes popped open and she looked around to see that they had hit land, and much quicker than she had expected. Taking a moment to scan the area she recognized Blake in the water and ArraBelle yelling at him to get out. Faye stood up and walked over to the edge and offered her hand to the soaking wet boy. "You okay?" She asked genuinely with a small smile.

RPA's Foul Mouthed Pixie
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Blake glanced up from the sand and to the hand being offered to him. He stared at it for a moment, then allowed his eyes to travel up the length of the arm to find that the hand belonged to Faye. "I'm in a foreign country, soaking wet, hungry, half naked, and there is sand in places that it shouldn't be!" He exclaimed back to answer her question. He dropped his head, his blonde hair swooping over his eyes. "But, we're alive." He sighed out in exasperation.
    "Alive and have a plan!" ArraBella cheered while raising up one of her hands from the sand. She had been in the process of burying herself when she heard her cousin go on about complaining. They were pretty good complaints, she would admit- she wouldn't want sand in places either.
    Blake glanced over at her with curious eyes. "You have a plan? Does it include dumping me right into the water again?"
    "Maybe. That could very well be a variable." Bella purred back with a giggle. She squirmed out of the sand and towards her cousin who she began to frisk the pockets of.
    Blake guffawed and reeled back at her hands intruding of his pockets. "What on earth are you doing?!"
    ArraBella found what she wanted and pulled out his wallet. She checked the inside of it and smiled at what she found. "Dad left the money to you, remember?" She stated while pulling out some cards. "So all you have to do is go to a bank, provide your identity, and pull out some money. Then we can get a hotel room until we figure out what next."
    Blake had to admit, it did sound like a good idea. But to walk into a bank dripping wet? He didn't like the sound of that. "All right, but I'm going to have to get dry before any of that. Otherwise I just might end up in jail for indecent exposure or whatever it is over here."
    "Pshk this is America. You can do whatever the hell you want." ArraBella laughed back with a wave of her hand. "You could walk in butt naked- well maybe not that... But I bet Faye would like to see that."

​Beautiful Nightmare

who knows
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Faye rolled her eyes and crossed her arms at Red's comment. Not even Faye was in the mood to see that much if Blake. "She's right though, you can walk in like that and I bet you won't even receive a sideways glance from half the people in there." Faye added and blew some hair from her face. A breeze suddenly swept across them and Faye tightened her arms around her, Blake's jacket did a decent job keeping her warm but certainly not enough. "I'm fine going anywhere as long as they have working heat." Faye said with her teeth chattering.

Member of the Month October
    Varies
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Zakai lazed out of the bed with tired eyes. It was still early... he thought at least. He wasn't actually sure what time it was, and he was tired, but it wasn't like he was about to sleep again any time soon. He had simply lied awake for a long time, sometimes closing his eyes, and sometimes almost dozing off, but catching himself halfway in and jolting awake again. Well, at least she has a surprise... That was really all he could think of to cheer himself up.
    He opened the door and looked up at her, then looked at what she had in her arms. Clothes. His eyes did brighten a little. The scrubs were a little less than comfortable.
    "Uh... thank you so much!"

Avi and Sig made possible by: Kicks!
    Because she is the awesomest in all of ever!

RPA's Foul Mouthed Pixie
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Blake stared at the two girls in disbelief. Though it shouldn't have been too hard to believe what they were saying was true. At Fisherman's Wharf, when San Francisco wasn't a playpen for the dead, there used to be people dressed as the weirdest things he'd ever seen. He ran a hand through his wet hair and gave a sigh. "All right. But if I get in trouble, I am blaming you two." He decided while beginning to walk up the beach walk.
    ArraBella hopped up from the sand and spun like an airplane after her cousin. "Come on, Faye! You're going to get left behind!" She called over her shoulder while giving a wink.
    As it turned out, as soon as they had left the sand there was civilization. Stores, huts, houses, apartments, people, the whole lot. Blake had stopped walking where the sand had met concrete and just stared with an odd expression across his face. After going long without seeing all that many people, it was an odd sight to see. None of them were dripping in blood, or growling, or- well there was the one weird guy dressed in stripes with a white painted face that was kind of weird.

"Richard was the one who brought them for you." Adalia informed as she the clothes down on the bed. "I hope you're not color blind and know how to dress in a way that doesn't make you look like a clown- or we're going to have an issue here, little midget." She told him with a small laugh. "Well, the bathroom is just right across the hall if you need a shower or to go potty or other bathroom-ish stuff." She added before leaving the room. When she returned to the kitchen she saw Colton in a heated discussion with his brother. It didn't take a genius to find out what it was they were arguing about. "Richard, drop it!"
    Richard glanced up from his younger brother to Adalia. "In my defense, Colton was the one who started it."
    "Bull crap." Colton scowled back with a shake of his head. "I could hear you and Ada from the room."
    "That didn't mean you had to come in." Richard stated with a frown. "Just go back to bed."
    "Not until you admit that the Congress is wrong." The younger brother snapped back. "Do you really think it's right to go and kill people? Innocent people just because of paranoia?"
    Richard refused to answer that question in order to end the argument right then. But his brother knew what the answer was anyways and took on a disgusted look. "Colton, listen I know they're still people. But if the military and the government don't do something about it they're going to die anyways because of people out there. They'll be persecuted here because of that paranoia! And if that fear is backed up by actual evidence-"
    "They have no evidence!" Colton exclaimed in an exasperated manner. "The only way I've seen a mutant turn is by being bit by one of those monsters in California! But people get bit by zombies and they turn also! That doesn't justify anyone here!" He grabbed onto his brother's shoulders, partially so that he could stand up without shaking too much. "You don't get it! If you lived on San Francisco for a whole year your opinion would be different! These people fought to get back to America, they shouldn't still be fighting for their lives!"
    "Calm down." Richard answered back to the ranting one. He spun his brother around and pushed him towards the hallway. "I've been assigned as the coordinator. Which means, I'm the one who determines when you get your guns back and can go back into serving. Right now, it doesn't seem like you have control of your own temper to go back."
    "Who says I want to go back?" Colton exclaimed with a scowl. "I'd rather die than work for a military who would gladly kill innocent people!"
    "You don't mean that." Richard tsked out while making his way to the front door. "I'll see you later. Right now you're just too feverish to be reasoned with."
    Colton gritted his teeth, about to say something smart back until Adalia hugged him. "Your brother doesn't know what he's talking about." She informed with a sigh. "But I don't think you do either. Gosh, I've never seen you yell before. It's kind of hot." She giggled out. Colton wouldn't mention it to her, but he had meant every word he said. She just would think he was talking out of the fever. He could think perfectly clear, and he could see everything from a different perspective. The mutation's disease may have made him sick, but it hadn't been able to render him of his thought processes.
    "Whatever." The soldier sighed out as he broke away from her and went back to the living room.

​Beautiful Nightmare

who knows
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Faye was surprised as they walked up the beach and came across civilization. She expected it to be all walking corpses but no, there were alive and well people right before them. A smile grew on Faye's lips and she even bounced a little bit. It was exciting to see other people. "Well come on. Let's find some where warm!" Faye said to the two as the familiar chilly feeling returned to her and caused her fingers to go numb.

Member of the Month October
    Varies
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

"Unless the clothes are just utterly awful, I think I can manage find something that matches."
    Zakai took the clothes from her and walked into the bathroom. He was now wearing jeans and a grey t-shirt. He walked out into the hallway, and stopped when he heard yelling again. Colton and Richard. After listening for a while, Zakai learned that it was something about mutants and the government and Colton not wanting the government to kill the mutants. What? But.. but isn't Colton... He walked to the end of the hall and poked his head out around the corner. He didn't want to walk in completely when they were arguing so he hung back.
    (I hope it's okay if I went ahead and chose whatever clothes he'd be wearing out of the random pile.)

Avi and Sig made possible by: Kicks!
    Because she is the awesomest in all of ever!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rickard Woodsman continued to walk down the ruined patch of grass, which clearly had served as a walking path for quite a while to humans, critters and beasts alike in the great woods. It was clear why: It was one of the many public entrances to the forest, the one which you 'would' be able to easily get lost if you were to get careless, but the constant sounds of honking, shouting and public fights would in the end always guide you back.

He stared infront of him, feeling as if the path was never ending, until he saw a few pieces of concrete up ahead, he looked over to see that a blue car was up ahead of him, though he never really got to the point of wanting to "identify" the cars for models, colours and fancy things like that. When he inhaled, he noticed the clear presensce of 'smog' in the air, clearly beginning to enter the city as he noticed more and more buildings.

Fantasy, Apocalypse, Pirates, Si-fi, History, Crime, Anime
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Later on we were riding down though the center of Dust Wood towards one of our hangouts a coffee shop called the Daily Grind. We rode up parked and headed in order some coffee and grabbed a few newspapers, it had only been a few days but things weren't slowing down at all.

RPA's Foul Mouthed Pixie
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

ArraBella swept straight towards the first restaurant she could see. "I'M HUNGRY." She announced loudly and boldly. Behind her, her cousin watched with both a dismayed and amused look.
    "Well, restaurants normally are both warm and filling." Blake commented as he glanced towards Faye who looked just as cold as anybody would be out here. It didn't help that she was such a thin looking girl. "You got no meat on your bones to keep the cold at bay." He teased her with a chuckle. "Maybe a good dinner would take care of that for you?"

(I don't see why it wouldn't be, bro. )
    Colton sat down on the couch with his hands going through his hair out of irritation. He just couldn't believe his brother could have such views. It was almost as bad as trying to figure out why Hitler had hated the Jews. He gave a loud sigh of exasperation and dipped his head into his hands.
    "How's that for a welcome home?" Adalia commented in a half-way joking manner. She came up behind the couch and leaned over it, peering down at him. "You're not going to go back to bed, are you?"
    "I can't while there's such impossible things happening in the U.S!" Colton exclaimed into his hands. "Innocent people are going to start dying just because people are afraid of what they don't understand."
    Adalia frowned down at the countenance of her husband. She had seen him worked up a few times over the good of the people. The first time was in college when there was a rat outbreak in the school's kitchen. He couldn't sleep until he tracked down the rat that was causing kids to get sick from the food. When he had found the nest, along with a few other boys, they had taken care of the rat problem. And then there was three years ago when military recruiters came to their college and begged for the men to sign up. Ages from 16 and up could sign up and Colton more than happily did. Two years he had spent working to the limits until he had reached the rank of captain and could finally go overseas to California to begin rescuing survivors.
    "You're so stubborn sometimes!" Adalia exclaimed in a groan. She buried her face into the couch for a moment while she thought over their plans they had made the night before to begin research. "Fine. I'll go down to the labs today with the blood vials." She noticed him make a face and she giggled at it; "For such a macho soldier, you sure do have such a fear against needles. You were practically crying last night!"
    "Leave me alone!" Colton exclaimed as he shook his head at her. He didn't want to be reminded of last night when his surprisingly creepy wife had a supply of needles and lab equipment at home as if she would possibly need to do research there. He could practically feel those needles pierce his veins all over again and he grimaced once more at it. It was shocking how much more frightening needles could be than zombies. "Evil woman." He accused in a murmur while she just laughed it off.
    When the woman had left the house with a black, secured bag filled with the binder, blood, and a badge around her neck, Colton returned to the kitchen where he found food on the island. There was in fact a surprising variety she had made up. From fruit to waffles. He shook his head at the sight, amazed by the sight of real food instead of the military crap.
    "Zakai! There's real food out here!" Colton shouted for the kid to hear. He put out a plate for the boy to fill up. Despite his amazement at the real food, he wasn't all that hungry. So he just took a grapefruit slice and called it good for now. He was sure once the day got going his appetite would return, but until then he was just happy with fruit.

​Beautiful Nightmare

Page 2 of 163 FirstFirst 123452 ... LastLast