Page 1 of 163 12351 ... LastLast

Thread: ❣Terror in America❣

RPA's Foul Mouthed Pixie
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Default ❣Terror in America❣

Recap and New Stuff:
    You heard about them on the news, the survivors of San Francisco. They may be your close relatives, friend, or a total stranger. Either way, you had heard about them and the devastation of California. Three years ago there was a terrorist attack on America. By use of a virus, the terrorists planned to completely wipe out America starting with California which held a great percentage of Americans. However, the president was quick thinking and issued a military led secession from California- basically, they blew California off of America's mainland. Now all California is an island some miles away from America. It is crawling with the walking dead and worse monsters. But you're safe from that, aren't you? Snuggled up in your home, watching the news, and thinking to yourself how grateful you are that it wasn't you in California.
    Now that the mission was a success for the military (the rescue mission of any survivors left in California) two great debates lands themselves in Congress. The first one is one commonly debated by even the lowest Americans- what do you do with California now? Blow it up or find a cure? The second debate is what to do with the survivors. Sure, you had taken all the precautions to make sure they weren't infected. But what about the ones with the mutation? There's quite a handful of those living in America after being rescued, some even in the military. Isn't there still a chance the virus could mutate again and spread like the plague?
    While these debates haunt the president of the United States and Congress, something else is developing in secrecy. Suddenly, people are falling ill with some strange disease. This disease causes massive vomitting, asthmatic attacks (even in those who don't haven't been diagnosed with asthma), heart malfunctions, and blood clots that could lead to heart attacks. The fever is the first of the signs of this disease with a fever going all the way up to 105 degrees fahrenheit, enough to start killing the brain cells. If not caught in time the fever could very well kill. If caught in time they begin to develop the problems listed above. Some deaths have been spotted by this disease, whether in the early stages or later stages. In the very late stages those with the disease go into a coma and then death comes. No one reported with the disease has ever lived.
    It's up to the American people to find out what's causing this illness and stop it. But the question is... How do you catch something that can't be seen?
    News and Current Events:
    Check back here to view anything you may have missed that has changed in the RP. The news is the main source of information within the game. Current events are of the utmost importance. So check here every once in awhile if you missed anything.

"Reporting to you live from Minneapolis, Minnesota, we have a dangerous situation." The woman broadcasting stated in a flurried manner. Behind her was the interior to a mall where the viewers could easily see that some kind of monster was attacking the people who were scrambling to get out of the mall as quickly as possible. "Ten minutes ago, a mutant known by Ishmael Bendz transformed into a horrific monster we all thought only roamed in California. Witnesses say that he had dropped to the ground in a seizure. His nails grew out to claws and his teeth became fangs. The color had drained from his eyes, leaving a blazing red in its place. Military officials are now trying to get the situation under control, but are finding it difficult. Unbelievably, the monster has the ability to create spears which have so far injured fifteen civilians and three officers. Nobody is sure what had caused this transformation. But the president can no longer deny that America is faced with a threat. We go to him now live."
    The screen had switched to President Ryker. He was standing before a podium with many microphones hooked to it. People were swamping him with questions and screaming for their answers. The man himself had dark brunette hair and green eyes. There were wrinkles on his face, showing he had laughed and worried too much. But he had a military statute about himself with the straight back and strong composure. He waited until their was nothing but silence separating him from the people before he spoke in his Texan accent. "Fellow Americans, I know you are all frightened." He stated calmly, yet somehow rather strong. "And now there is no mistaking that there may very well be a threat on our hands. Though we cannot identify the cause of which that mutant had turned, I would like to think it was by unlucky circumstances rather than a congregated one that he had turned into a monster. This may have led some of you to believe that all mutants will turn into one of those beasts, but no one has the hard evidence that it may be so."
    "President!" One of the reporters shouted through the silence; "What will happen now that there is proof mutants could very well be a threat to America?"
    The president stared down at the man with such an intensity that the man shrank back. President Ryker glanced over the whole crowd waiting for the answer. "Congress and I are meeting tonight to decide. Personally, I believe mutants should be taken into a safe place away from Americans who could pose a threat to them rather than the other way around. But Congress feels the opposite and believes assassination is in order. I never think murder is the right way to go. Especially when there's very little evidence that mutants could be a threat. But it is not me who is making these decisions, or I would have it my way. It is the people of America's choice of what to do now. By the end of the day we will know what will become of the mutants." With his final words, the audience was hushed into silence and the screen flickered back to another woman.
    "In other news, the disease plaguing America has suddenly jumped to Austin, Texas without trace through any other state." The woman stated with a frown, but serious voice. "No cases have been found in any other places besides Austin and Bozeman. Scientists are in an uproar over this and cannot provide an explanation. Once more, professionals suggest to keep good hygiene and wear masks. Debate with the senators in Texas has sprung up on whether Austin will be evacuated or not."

Austin, Texas and New York, NY have both become victims to a terrorist bombing. Few civilians have died and a handful have become seriously injured. All suspects are under arrest (but in serious health condition and incapable of speaking.)

Austin, Texas has been evacuated due to the disease and moved to Base Trinity in Trinity, Utah.

New York is under military watch and control. Nobody can get in or out of New York without special military permission.

New York has become victim to the disease. But after much studying and research, a cure has come forward. Anybody found with the disease (if it's not too late) can be cured with antibiotics.

The new law has officially passed. REMOVAL OF MUTANT ACT was brought forth under reasonable suspicion that 'mutants' are a threat to America. Any mutant found is to be taken in for a lethal injection. Anyone found to be housing a mutant or knows of a victim but did not turn them in, will be arrested upon discovery.[
    Clues and Updates:
    As with the other parts, this is the space where all the clues and updates of the game are given. Check here if you missed any.

Clue #1: The disease has only been spotted thus far in Bozeman, Montana and Austin, Texas with no traces found in any other city or state.

Update #1: Only those with the allergy of the mutation will die and turn into a monster if they're not given antihistamines. (There is the exception however that if they're bitten by one of the monsters found in California that they will turn into a monster as well.)

Clue #2: Congress is more concerned with the destruction of mutants. But what about the disease and how come they aren't focusing more on the disease that's jumping around without a trace and killing people?

Update #2: The cure for the disease has been found.

Clue #2: Question has arisen whether the military knew of the zombie attack beforehand or not.
    Characters of the RP:
    • Zakai Rey
    • The Rykers (including Adalia, Colton, Ricard, and President Clayton)
    • Faye
    • Blake West
    • Thomas M

Gamers of the RP:
    • DizzyMaelstrom!
    • Shogun99
    • Lil

**Lists are subject to change.

Your GM:
    I am the maker of 'Don't Count Yourself Out Yet', 'Escape from San Francisco', and this here RP. I am a person who counts on the gamers to keep up with the pace of the story and stay committed. I myself will stay committed (of course... that should go without saying) and will try my hardest to get back to you as quickly as possible (usually within twenty four hours of you posting). In my signature there is 'Status' which represents whether I am off or online so that you will know and not have to wait around your computer screen for me to post. My RPs follow a story line (just like most) with an extensive plot. The RPs I make are normally a series which is why I need for gamers to stay committed. Losses are accounted for (haha like in the last one, anyone who dropped out got the joy of having their characters eaten alive by zombies.)
    Last edited by Kicks; 11-21-2013 at 01:59 AM.

​Beautiful Nightmare

RPA's Foul Mouthed Pixie
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Default Opening Post

You may Begin

The news was broadcasting the same public debate on every channel of the TV. America was riled up about two hot topics and nothing was going to stop it until Congress and the president came to a compromise. The debate was sent out over the radio, television, and could be seen through the windows of the courthouse in D.C.
    "Listen to yourselves!" The president shouted above the roar. The whole of Congress, both Senate and House, had broken out above each other trying to get their point across to the president. Their leader was standing at the podium while they all sat in their comfortable chairs trying to debate the two new issues. "You're talking about murdering innocent people just because you're paranoid! Not only does that not follow the right to life, but that's also MURDER." The hot topic was on the survivors, more specifically the mutants. The live public debate had been going for well over an hour now. The Congress stood on the side to kill the mutants, but the president rejected that and argued that they should survive. The Congress' argument was that the mutation could just as easily mutate again and turn the mutant into a zombie, thus causing another catastrophe. The president's argument was the Constitution.
    "Sir, you need to understand that this will only be killing a handful of people for millions to survive. When the public's safety is threatened, as the governing body we need to step up and put a stop to the threat." One senator from Utah stated. "It may not be moral, but it sure as hell beats everyone dying."
    "No, you sir need to understand that you are an idiot and need to shut your mouth before I come down from my podium and show you just how the Americans protect themselves." The president growled back. He had been fed up now with the same two arguments. They had been stuck in these chambers for three days now bickering back and forth about the same two issues. By now he had heard their arguments and was growing sick of them.
    "Did you just threaten me, President Ryker?" The Utah senator spat out. The Congress too was getting edgy and upset. Their bickering had been going back and forth with no resolution in sight.
    "Oh I'm sorry, did I offend you? Let me make this a lot more clear to you, sonny." President Ryker began in a low, hissing manner. "People who believe that killing in the name of safety is right, is a fool. And right now I'm looking at the biggest fools of all."
    Once more, the whole of Congress began to shout and get into a rise. Some of the men even stood from their seats and began to shake their fists as they shouted.
    "Shut up, all of you!" The president shouted over their commotion. When they had quieted down and got back into their seats, the president spoke again. "Do you people realize that by killing off the mutants we are causing another holocaust? I'll be damned before I let America stoop to those kind of levels. Now you listen and you listen good, if one of you were a mutant you would be saying differently. How do you think those citizens feel watching us right now? Sick? Scared? Ready to revolt? I imagine that some of them are just about ready to leave the country. I will protect those citizens as their leader. I will make sure that no harm comes to them so long as I can stand."
    "Well, I can take care of that for you." The Utah senator snarled back. He was getting ready to rise from his seat again when he was suddenly grabbed by two Secret Service men. It was known to all across America that when the president's life was threatened, certain things had to take place. The man was dragged from the room, spitting and shouting. When all grew silent again, President Ryker cast his green eyes over the now deadly quiet Congress.
    "Until there is proof that this mutation can cause them to turn into anything less than human, nobody will die." The president stated calmly, assuredly, and with great confidence. "Do. We. Agree?" With no shouts of protests, he continued onto the next topic. "Now about California, it remains a threat. We can't keep spending our money and our men's lives trying to keep the zombies on that island. We need to do something about it. I'm in favor of just blowing the damn thing off the map, and I know ya'll ain't. So what the hell are we going to do about it? But before we get into that, I am calling for a ten minute recess. Ya'll get something to eat and drink. It's damn too early to be debating this crap on an empty stomach."
    With his words, the news flickered to a woman talking about disease watch.
    "A new disease has rolled itself into Bozeman, Montana last night with the first cases being treated in the hospital. So far a total of fifteen deaths have occurred with another thirty hospitalized. Doctors in the region are recommending the use of masks and correct hygiene. They also remind everyone across the nation to get their flu shots."

​Beautiful Nightmare

RPA's Foul Mouthed Pixie
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Default The next morning

Colton turned off the television with an irritated expression on his face. [s]I slave away in San Francisco for a whole year, watching my brothers die, coming across new threats every day, and saving lives just to return to this? They suddenly want to murder people with the mutation?[/i] He was about ready to march down to District of Columbia himself and begin to bark them out. But he knew it would do no good. He hated Congress, had since he was a child, but he loved his country. He knew he shouldn't get too worked up about it, especially with how he was feeling health wise today. He had woken up with a killer headache and fever. He had taken enough Advil to tranquilize a horse- or get rid of an awful headache. The fever itself was making him feel almost out of it, but it had reduced in surprising temperature since he took the Advil. He knew what it was making him feel not so good but he couldn't do anything about it besides drinking plenty of water and eating vitamin C. But he couldn't be bothered to actually get out of bed while he was snuggled up all nice and comfortable under the soft blankets.
    Adalia had been up good and early, arose at six in the morning, just to go make something spectacular for breakfast. She now spun into their bedroom still in her pajamas. "Hey there, good looking. Why trouble yourself with Congress when we could be having fun in bed?"
    "So blunt with your words as always." The soldier replied. Though he couldn't help the smile that spread across his face. "You're so pretty, but it's the morning and there's a kid in the house and I'm hungry."
    "Hungry for love!" Adalia boasted out loudly. She was grinning now as she dangled her red hair in his face. "Fiiiiiiine, sexy. What do you want to eat? Toast? Oranges? Cereal? Waffles? Grapefruit? I made the lot!"
    "That one." Colton chose, though not giving a specific answer at all. "You're so beautiful. And I like blankets."
    The woman flipped her hair up at his words. She ran her hand over his forehead and her eyebrows shot up. "Well, how about that? I think you did that on purpose. You return home, make me feel all happy, and we cuddle and sleep, and then the very next morning you get sick. Typical Colton. Just typical." Though she was condemning him, she was also teasing in a way. "Fine, I'll leave you be. But you have to promise me that when you're not sick we get to baby making."
    "Why do you have to say that outloud like that?!" Colton exclaimed through a groan. He grabbed one of the pillows and covered his face through it while his muffled words rang out: "Ada, I love you dearly but control your tongue."
    "D'aw, big ol' soldier's blushing." Adalia cooed out while now spreading her fingers through his hair. "You're so cute when you get embarassed." With her words she drew back her hand and turned around. The woman hopped down the hallway towards the kitchen once more. "I hear the savior say, thy faith indeed is small. Child of weakness watch and pray, find in me thine all in all!" Colton could hear her suddenly burst into her lovely singing. He wasn't going to complain about the noise level. He had known she was a morning singer since before they were married. She wasn't obnoxious about it and she had been in choir for many years, so Colton really had nothing to complain about it. In fact, while in San Francisco earlier in the year he was there he used to complain to the men that there was no singing in the mornings on base there.
    The soldier moved the pillow off of his face and instead covered up his face with his arm. The door to the room was left open which he had no complaint about. It just meant he could hear everything in the house more clearly. His mind went to Zakai wondering if the kid had a nightmare. If he had, had he managed to use the thumb technique? If not, Colton wondered how he had slept. He knew the kid had been suffering with nightmares and had been looking rather tired, but had he managed to get a good night's sleep the previous night or not?

​Beautiful Nightmare

RPA's Foul Mouthed Pixie
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Default America's Coast

Blake sat up from his awkward position. It had been bending his back and digging into his skin from the position he had been sitting on since Faye and him had toppled over at the jerking of the boat. Now he sat up and leaned against one of the boat's walls. He glanced out to sea, noticing the dying sunlight flicker across the ripples of water. It had turned the ocean pink, orange, and black in places with the dying light. If their circumstance wasn't under such morbid conditions, he might have actually enjoyed view. But he couldn't think about enjoying the view when his mind was racing about Faye and ArraBella. He had been appointed as guardian over his cousin who was still a minor. Though Blake was eighteen he was technically no longer a minor and could be considered an adult. That meant that if he did get deported to England, his cousin would have to leave everything in America and become accustomed to a rather shitty way of life- he dared to think. Which meant that they would be leaving Faye who might be just as lost in America with San Francisco now gone. He didn't like the idea of leaving the girl behind or being separated from her. In the short time that they had stuck it out together he had grown rather close to her. He couldn't imagine anything less than seeing her face each day. It would be weird and almost... unearthly.
    ArraBella was humming to herself however. She was thinking about the possibilities of what would happen once they did get to shore. She knew they had no family in America now, but she also knew that what the government didn't know about Blake couldn't hurt him. So he might be able to stay in America, besides it's not like he could travel back to England without a passport. Being always optimistic, she was also thinking about Faye. What would the girl do now that they were returning to America? Start a new life and from what? She was shaken from her thoughts when she noticed the coast coming into view. It wasn't like she had expected which meant they may have sailed towards Texas rather than Utah or Washington. Which made a lot of sense. Their boats had been facing the direction of East Texas rather than East Utah. She didn't see anybody on the coast or any other boats. Now noticing this, she wondered just how it would be when they got off the boat.
    Last edited by Kicks; 10-21-2013 at 11:15 PM.

​Beautiful Nightmare

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Apocalypse, Pirates, Si-fi, History, Crime, Anime
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"What the Hell." The whole chapter had been speding the night because we'd drank to much. "We lived though the nightmare of San Fran to deal with this shit?" I spat looking at the T.V then throwing the remoate at it, we had a ride later today, but I might call if off just be safe.

who knows
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

(I'll post when I get home! Excited for this )

who knows
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Faye closed her eyes started to drift off to the sound of the motor humming and the boat gliding over the water. She had decided sleeping would be a good way not to worry about what may be ahead of them, not worrying about what may happen to Blake or Red. Would they be able to stay together? Slowly Faye fell asleep and without realizing it she leaned on Blake a bit.

Member of the Month October
    Varies
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Zakai yawned. The sun was out. He had managed to sleep the night before for about two hours. I don't think that that's enough, huh? He stood up and went over to the door of the room, but he heard loud voices and something about... baby making... He walked back to the bed and started to make it. I think I'll just let them flirt some more. He honestly wasn't sure what to do in this house at all. These people were pretty much strangers to him, even though he had relied heavily on Colton in the last days of their time in San Francisco. When he was finished making the bed, he sat down on it. He was nervous about leaving the room. Colton and Adalia hadn't seen each other in a long time, so they probably wanted their privacy, and he wasn't sure if he even wanted to hear what they were talking about. He switched off the lamp, seeing that there was no reason to really keep it on anymore, and picked up the marker he had been given. He took off the cap and started writing on the palm of his hand. Why? He didn't know. It gave him something to do to pass the time. He wrote the word "Dog" on it and put a colon afterwards and question marks to follow that. His dog, or at least, the stray he had taken care of a long time ago who had disappeared before the zombie break out, had been in his last dream for some reason. The dream wasn't like the first two nightmares he had, but it still spooked him for some reason. He figured it was about time he gave the dog a name, but he didn't know what. He fell backwards onto the bed and thought about it.

Avi and Sig made possible by: Kicks!
    Because she is the awesomest in all of ever!

RPA's Foul Mouthed Pixie
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Blake removed the sunglasses from his blue eyes. It was getting too dark outside to keep them on for much longer. He slid them on top of his head and glanced out towards the sun dripping below the water's surface now. For a moment he stared at it, taking in the breath of it. This would be the first sunset he had actually witnessed since San Francisco's tragedy. It was actually poetic to think about. The dying sun, but a spark to hopefully that would flourish and live on. No doubt California was dying like the sun, but sure enough something was bound to rise from it, right? At least he thought so.
    He was removed from his thoughts when he felt something leaning against him. At first he tensed up, thinking the stupid thought that it may be one of the dead. But in fact it was just Faye slipping into sleep. He gazed down at her for a moment, wondering how on earth a girl like her- or anybody- could sleep at a time like this. But he wasn't going to complain. It was kinda cute how she just kind of dozed off. Besides, she was rather warm and he was kind of cold now that they were out on the water. Smog was a heavy thing found out at sea near San Francisco and it was rather cold. It dampened the clothes, hair, and body and seemed to just get right into the bones. He knew that it would be colder for the girls though since he wasn't affected by temperature the same way they would be.
    Suddenly, the boat jerked. He felt himself toppling into the water before he could do anything to stop it. He flipped over the side of the boat and plunged into the freezing water. Above in the boat, ArraBella blinked at her cousin's slipping. She hadn't been expecting him to lose his grip on the boat and topple in. But she really couldn't blame him. She wasn't that good at driving a boat, that was for sure. But she had gotten them to the coast of America and that had to count for something.
    "Blake, stop fooling around and get back up here!" ArraBella shouted down into the water below the boat. She got out of the boat herself and stood up to her knees in water. They had landed in sand as the boat couldn't just pull up onto a beach as simply as it would seem. She felt the freezing temperature of the water and immediately squealed a bit. The girl scampered out of the water and onto the dry sand, beginning to roll in its warmth. Texas was still kind of warm at night, even if it were the Fall. The sun had warmed up the sand during the day so it was like bathing in a hot bath for her.
    Blake dragged himself onto land, coughing and spurting from the water he had accidentally inhaled. "Bloody hell, woman! Don't you think that you could at least have made a softer landing?!" He exclaimed towards his cousin in almost an annoyed fashion. He was already taking off his soaking shirt and throwing it off to the side. "And now look! I'm covered in sand! I'm attracting it like a sand magnet!"
    "Get over it." Bella cooed out from the sand. She was enjoying it but that's because it wasn't sticking to her like it was sticking to him with how wet he was. "It's a beach, Blakey. There's bound to be clothes that people forgot about here. Or a towel. It's like California, except I hear at one point they had slave holders here in the South."
    "Texas used to be part of Mexico." Blake sighed out as he rolled his eyes. He was already glancing around for something that a beach goer may have forgotten. "Until the war of course and then the territory was signed over to America. But yes, at one point there were slaves here. Amazing how I know more about American history than you do, don't you think? And I don't even stay awake in class!"
    "I just can't be bothered to learn the past. It's sooooo boring." The girl whined into the sand. "Now I know why you fall asleep all the time!"

​Beautiful Nightmare

RPA's Foul Mouthed Pixie
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Just as promised, Richard was out of their hair before anybody had arisen from bed. He folded the blanket at the end of the couch and slipped out of there as silently as possible. But now, he had returned to the home with his arms full of clothes. He opened up the door, just barely managing not to drop anything. He was quiet as he closed it and settled the clothes down on a couch. "Ada, are you awake?" He called out softly to the house. He knew the woman was an early riser because of Colton who would complain to his older brother during his first year of college about the girl who would be awake bright and early and sing to the hallways. After awhile his complaining had stopped, which Richard had guessed was because his younger brother began to fall for the girl. He smiled a bit now recalling those days. Richard had just started being a captain in the military and it was the first time their dad had ever cried.
    "My boys!" He would shout out one day when they had come to visit him. "They're all growing up!"
    "I'm awake!" Adalia sang back proudly and loudly. She swept out of the kitchen and into the living room with a beaming smile. "What's up, Richie-?" She stopped her question when she noticed the clothes. "D'aw! Are those for Zakai? You're so sweet! I bet he'll be glad to get out of those scrubs!"
    "There may be like seven pairs of clothes." Richard mumbled in a bashful way. He began to rub the back of his neck as if trying to say this wasn't as big of a deal as she was making it out to be. "I just grabbed what I thought would fit him, ya know. So..." He swept his eyes over the room and finally glanced at her. "Where's the kid at anyways?"
    "I bet he's sleeping!" Adalia answered while she picked up the clothes from the couch. "Oh Richard, you're such a sweetheart! I don't care what you say, you're not all that bad to the bone as you would like to think."
    "Whatever." Richard snorted while stuffing his hands into his pockets. "Did you hear about Congress?"
    "Yea, your dad's really mad at them." Ada whispered to him as if she may be afraid of upsetting someone with her words. Specifically Colton who she knew hated Congress. "They're making a huge mistake. Who do they think they are deciding who's fit for death like that?"
    "I don't know..." Richard began awkwardly. He hated discussing politics with people, but he always had an opinion on it nonetheless. "These mutants sound quite dangerous. And if there's a possibility-"
    "Don't even entertain their ideas, Richard!" Adalia snapped at him with a disapproving look. "Those mutants are people too and they deserve the right to life just like everybody else does!" She turned her back on him with a sigh. "I'll just go give these clothes to Zakai then."
    Richard was silent for a moment, knowing that he probably shouldn't have spoken his views on the manner. "If everybody else deserves the right to life then they shouldn't have to live with the threat of those mutants." He murmured quietly, but loud enough for Adalia to hear.
    Instead of reacting to it though and slapping him, she walked stiffly towards Zakai's door. The woman tapped on the door softly and called to the other side; "I've got a surprise for you!"

​Beautiful Nightmare

Page 1 of 163 12351 ... LastLast