Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Deisidus: Fall of the Guardians ( IC )

I Forgot My Title....
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Medieval Fantasy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

(made an error! Disregard!)
    Last edited by Iwazuma; 12-05-2013 at 09:28 PM.
    Karma is the best.

Willshaper
    Semi realistic, and fantasy, with a pinch of Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Nirvana looked up at Alina with wonder in her deep green eyes.
    "Wow. You're amazing Sister Alina.. I wish I could be that good"
    The young elf smiled the jumped at the sound of a small explosion much to her surprise she saw Blake on the floor
    "Hehehe. You're still a great warrior Blake a very great warrior."
    Nirvana said with a cute little grin as she tried to hold back her laughter obviously failing at the moment. Her focus was so intense on not laughing that she didn't notice Alderin enter

"Life before death,
    Strength before weakness,
    Journey before destination."
    -The First Ideal

Fantasy, Mature Fantasy, occasionally Sci-Fi and will dabble in other stuff
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Draedyn laughed, a sound some described as musical, and nudged Alina lightly with her elbow. “Should have guessed you’d remember that little detail. A drink it is. And the Mother is right, you work too much. Not that there is anything wrong with being devout; I completely respect that. But even a cleric has to let her hair down every now and then.”

She slid another coin to Reynold. He refilled her mug and then brought one for the sister. About that time, Nirvana started running around hugging everyone--again--and shouting “I DID IT!” at the top of her lungs. Draedyn chuckled at the sight. If there was one thing she could say about that girl, it was that she was never boring.

Draedyn watched as Alina demonstrated her power in turn.

“Show off,” Draedyn chimed in wryly. She looked over at Blake as he tried a minor flame spell, then gasped as it completely backfired and blew him against the wall. She rushed over to him, laughing heartily, and helped him up.

“HEY!” Reynold shouted from the bar, completely flabbergasted. “You break anything in here, you’re paying for it, Blake!”

Draedyn just laughed some more. “You know, Blake, technically it’s my job to throw people like you out of these kinds of establishments,” she chuckled when he was back on his feet.

Muttering under his breath, Reynold refilled Blake’s water, rolling his eyes. “Now how on earth do you have a good time with water?” he murmured before walking off to help other customers.

With a shrug and a grin, Draedyn lifted her glass of refilled pale ale in a salute and took a gulp. Then the door opened once more.

“By the Creator, it’s only midday and this place is turning into a full house,” she commented while looking to see who it was. She was pleasantly surprised to see Alderin walk in. She didn’t know the elf as well as she would have liked, but his smile sure did light up a room. She smiled and waved him over.

“Hey there, Khal!” she greeted, leaning once more against the counter. “You’re just in time for the party. Must be discount day or something.”

“Like hell it is!” Reynold shouted from the back. When he reappeared, he looked a little sheepish, glancing at Alina. “Beggin’ your pardon, Sister,” he apologized, blushing slightly. Draedyn chuckled.
    Last edited by ☆Catwoman☆; 12-05-2013 at 10:04 PM.
    Set by the masterful Karma

I Forgot My Title....
    Medieval Fantasy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Blake finally gave in and laughed heartily as he let Draedyn help him up. She brought out his humorous side, something few could do. He was always a kind soul, but he never really got into a playful, laughter-y mood. But something about her loosened him up like alcohol did on occasion. "It's true, you could kick me out. But then you'd kill the vibe in here! You don't want that, do you?" He laughed again as he sparked the air, giving her the slightest jolt. He was a bit glad Nirvana didn't hug him though. Nirvana was....she had more energy than the electricity he conjured. While that was great and he did appreciate her constantly jovial mood, it was sometimes wearisome. But not today.

"To answer your question Reynold, my friends give me a better buzz than ale ever could, and I think you know that, old friend. Besides, I only drink water on my training nights, which is tonight." As if on cue, Alderin walked in to the tavern. Alderin was an interesting character. Once or twice Blake had sparred with him, and it was....quite a match. He fought with as much skill as him. He waved with Draedyn and gave him a smile.

"Hey Khal, it's been too long! Come on, I'm sure you've got a story or two. While Reynold is in his AMAZING mood, come on down!"
    Karma is the best.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Droga ducked out of sight due to all the racket, she didn't like too much noise. Alderin smiled sheepishly, but also warmly as he sat himself next to Blake,"Hey guys," Reynold appeared overly busy with other people. He decided to await asking for anything, instead he turned to say,"Nothing interesting on my end.." He never spoke much, in fact he didn't like being the center of attention. He'd avoid that as much as possible, but sometimes if he's in that right mood he can be quite the opposite. However, today wasn't that day for him. All he really wanted to do was drink his drink and be on his merry way. Not that he didn't like company, he just wasn't fond of all these people about. The bar was much too crowded for his liking, Droga felt the same he could tell.

But there was something else wrong with the faerie dragon. She kept on hissing and fidgeting, she was restless. And she wouldn't part her eyes from the direction of a woman with dark red hair, and blond streaks. Her eyes were absolutely stunning and Alderin found himself unable to turn away. Her eyes were a beautiful pale, near white color; the sight almost made him fall from his seat, but he caught himself. He turned away from her before she noticed him and situated himself properly. Droga still wouldn't avert her attention away from that direction. He soothed the dragon enough for her to calm down a little.
    Last edited by ElizabethStark; 12-05-2013 at 11:36 PM.

"Thank you, Master."
    "You're welcome, My Padawan."

Member of the Month October
    Varies
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Olono watched as a sort of reunion went on between some of the people and elves here, including the innkeeper, before handing over a copper coin.
    "Here you are my good man."
    Judging by the way they were all acting around each other, she wondered if everyone in Irys was relatively close, or at least, everyone out of the people who actually lived here. Asham had told her somewhat about the trade route, so she guessed that there were a lot of people from out of town. Either way, the place seemed pretty friendly, and because of that, she became confused when she suddenly felt some dark underlying feeling rise in the air. There was nothing dangerous around at the moment. Her eyes went to Asham, whom only she could see at the moment, and the look on his face told her that something was wrong. Even for a ghost, he was unusually pale. He'd told her some time ago that since he was spirit who lost his body, concealing emotions was almost impossible. It was one of the few ways to detect a ghost without the use of some sort of magic.
    "Asham..." she said under her breath and he looked at her with a sort of dazed expression on his face. He was dead so not much could hurt him now, but there was obviously something bothering him for his feelings to be spelled out in the atmosphere like this. She waited calmly for the key to her room, wanting to get him out of here before someone else noticed.

Avi and Sig made possible by: Kicks!
    Because she is the awesomest in all of ever!

The Shadow's Embrace
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Alina giggled at Blake's failed usage of magic before waving a hand and letting her fiery halo dissipate from over her head. "Magic is a living thing. A being controlled by the Guardian the Creator made for each element. Just like a living thing you can try to force it, but there will be resistance. Treat it with love however and results will turn out better. It also helps when you are well attuned to a Guardian's element." She petted Nirvana on the head as she watched Khal enter, with that fairy dragon with him as usual. It was always an interesting sight to see, well any dragon is a sight to see honestly. "Another evening of pure fun planed Alderin? I think Blake here was going to have a similar night of fun. You know fun is better in groups. Some food for thought."

She giggled and turned to Drae as she handed her a mug that Reynold had filled up. She took a sip and smiled happily. While she wasn't a regular here, Reynold remembered that she didn't drink as a Cleric with passes to communions. He had filled her mug with chilled sweet milk, one of the few non-alcoholic drinks besides water carried here. Her pointed ears perked up as Reynold used the hell word and then came out and apologized about it. "Reynold you are pardoned. However, in return I expect to see you at a service one of these days when time permits of course." She smiled happily and winked, letting him know she was just giving him a hard time.

As she sipped her drink however, she felt something… Heavy in the air. She closed her eyes and traced a finger upon the counter, lowing her mug. She was tracing holy symbols as she muttered her prayer very softly. "Oh Creator, is this the sign I asked for? Allow your humble servant guidance." She opened her eyes and smiled softly, finishing tracing another holy symbol with her finger. "Sorry, not even an hour away from the Church and I already forget myself. Anyways, Reynold? How about a small meal for those that wish it, myself included. I have a small allowance I do not use much besides giving back so allow me to pay for food for those that wish. I will even bless the food for us."
    I am the blade of shadows embrace. Just because I am a user of an unholy power doesn't make me evil. For without light, a shadow cannot exist.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Heson Shadowbane is on discord! For those friends of mine that want to keep in touch with me just send me a message and I'll give ya my deets.

Willshaper
    Semi realistic, and fantasy, with a pinch of Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Nirvana smiled and nodded in agreement.
    "Yep. Even I can feel it. Magic is alive!" The young elf said with excitement before she dashed off to her corner to read and practice what little magic she now knew.
    " hehe... Soooo many spells to learn "
    She said with a quiet giggle then sge stopped. Something felt off. The air felt kinda heavy and tense.. And to nirvana it was not fun at all when the air got that way.
    "What's wrong with the air today? It feels kinda heavy... And it tastes wrong to."
    She said rather loudly before she shrugged it off then went back to reading.
    Last edited by Derpnaster; 12-06-2013 at 01:27 AM.

"Life before death,
    Strength before weakness,
    Journey before destination."
    -The First Ideal

Crimson Casanova
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

There was something wrong with the air... it tasted different. Sajreth's nose wrinkled as he found himself at some town. He wasn't sure where he was at, but he did find himself a little parched. He figured what he needed was a good ole' glass of water...

He strode into some crowded tavern, wearing a black hood over himself to hide his weapons and hid most of his face among the shadows. Immediately, he felt suspicious eyes were on him. But he didn't care, all he cared about was getting that drink of water.

He reached the barkeeper and took a sit at his bar. "Good-evening, young caterpillar," he spoke directly to the barkeeper. "May I please have a glass of your finest water in this strange place?" he questions, his lips curling into a small smile.

Fantasy, Mature Fantasy, occasionally Sci-Fi and will dabble in other stuff
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Reynold looked a little panicked for a second when Alina said she expected him at services, but relaxed when it became clear she was joking…at least he hoped she was. He let out a slightly awkward chuckle, as though afraid of offending her in case she wasn’t pulling his leg as much as he thought, then returned his attention to the pretty young lady as she handed him a copper coin. In return, he reached under the counter and grabbed a room key, then handed it to Olono.

“Thank you kindly, good lady,” he said with his best charming smile. “Your room is up the stairs, last door on the right. I can prepare your meal for you now, or hold off until supper time if you prefer. The special is rabbit stew today.”

While she thought it over, Reynold looked back at Alina. “Well that’s mighty kind of you, Sister.”

He leaned in and added in a stage-whisper, “Though if you aren’t careful this lot will bleed your coin-purse dry. Never seen a group eat so much.”

“Lisette!” he called across the tavern. The barmaid looked over at him. “Get a big pot of rabbit stew going for our guests, would you? Lots of it.” With a nod, Lisette vanished into the kitchen.

Draedyn, meanwhile, patted Droga fondly, though briefly so as not to agitate her, though it seemed a little late for that. The guard looked at Alderin, about to ask what was wrong with the faerie dragon, but noticed his attention, like Droga’s, was on the red-head. She looked at the stranger curiously, but didn’t notice anything of concern. Then she heard Nirvana mention something odd about the air that made little sense, but didn’t have much time to dwell on it before another stranger entered Peddler’s Rest.

Now here is someone who looks like trouble, Draedyn thought to herself when the cloaked man entered. Judging by his height and build, she was willing to guess he was an elf. She kept her hand on the pommel of her short sword, watching him quietly as he walked to the bar.

Reynold seemed a little put off by him too, particularly after the elf called him a “young caterpillar”.

“Erm, it’s just your average well water,” the innkeeper replied, uneasy, “but sure, you can have as much as you’d like…sir.”

With a glance at Draedyn that practically begged her to keep an eye on the odd stranger, Reynold went to the back, coming out soon after with a mug of cool water. He set it in front of Sajreth, then started habitually wiping the counter. It was a nervous tick.

“Will you be having anything else?” he asked hesitantly while Draedyn casually meandered over to Sajreth’s side.
    Set by the masterful Karma

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast