Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Deisidus: Fall of the Guardians ( IC )

Member of the Month October
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Varies
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Asham's behavior was making Olono nervous and she wondered if there was something extremely dangerous here that she wasn't able to detect. She looked back at the innkeeper when he handed her the key to her room and, for a split second, was distracted from her uneasiness after seeing his smile and brightly smiled back as he gave her the option of having her meal now and then turned his attention away too talk to another lady.
    Right away, she was once again immersed in Asham's overbearing aura. She waited for the innkeeper to finish his business with a new customer that she couldn't help examining in curiosity. Hopefully, he would attract more of the attention to himself. When the innkeeper, that many of them addressed as Reynold, started wiping the counter with apparent wariness of the stranger in his eyes, she smiled warmly at him.
    "I think I can wait a little while for the meal. Thank you for your service dear sir."

Asham stared at Olono. He'd figured out where the source of familiarity was coming from, though it had taken a few minutes, and he didn't want to look at it anymore. If he did, he'd put off too much and it would be too impossible to keep the small grip on his emotions that he had handled. At one point, he felt eyes on him and automatically looked in their direction to see a small creature, a faerie dragon to be exact, with it's gaze fixed directly on him. It was mostly hidden from view and he probably would have overlooked it if it had done likewise to him. He met the creature's eyes as its owner seemed to be trying to soothe it. An animal's ability to recognize spirits when no one else could truly was amazing... and a major disadvantage to spirits who wished to stay hidden.

Olono walked to her room just as Asham's dark aura started getting stronger. She turned to him with concern after closing the door behind them.
    "Are you alright Ash? You're omitting dark vibes. I was so sure someone would notice... in fact I'm pretty sure that a few did. Is something wrong? Should we leave?"
    Asham heaved a sigh and looked at his companion, "It's.. it's nothing..." "That's what you call 'nothing'?" "Well... okay, it's not nothing, but it doesn't concern you."
    Her eyes filled with annoyance, "Doesn't concern me? Asham, if you can't keep your own emotions under control then you might as well stop making yourself invisible. That would attract even less attention!"
    He glared at her for a moment then sighed, "I'm sorry, alright? I can't help it, but don't worry. We're not in danger, it's just... well... I just saw something that sort of jogged my memory. That's all."
    She studied him for a moment. If he were still alive, she'd strangle him for giving such vague explanations. Something was troubling him and she couldn't help him if she didn't know what it was. If this went on, people would become suspicious of them.
    Last edited by DizzyMaelstrom!; 12-06-2013 at 08:31 AM.

Avi and Sig made possible by: Kicks!
    Because she is the awesomest in all of ever!

Crimson Casanova
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

"Yes, that will do well," Sajreth nodded. The tension in the room seemed to be increasing, he wasn't sure why. All he did was simply ask for a glass of water. When the barkeeper returned with the cup of water, Sajreth took the cup. "Thank you kindly, young caterpillar," he said and then took a small sip from the water, and then sighed loudly in relief. "Now that is fine water," he chuckles before this time actually gulping down the entire cup.

His elven ears perked up when the bartender questioned if he needed anything else. "Why, yes... could you answer this question I have?" Sajreth asked a question before his question. He sets his cup down on the bar, "Why exactly is there a hostile bumble-bee to my left?" he said and then points to the girl approaching him, Drae.

Fantasy, Mature Fantasy, occasionally Sci-Fi and will dabble in other stuff
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Draedyn flashed her charming, crooked smile at Sarjeth. “I’m no bumblebee, love,” she replied, elbow on the counter beside him. She wasn’t much for sitting. “I sting.”

Just then, a rumble shook the town of Irys. At first some thought it was a tremor, though there hadn’t been an earthquake there since a time only the elves could remember. Then a bright flash and instantaneous explosion shattered the windows of the inn and a few of the surrounding buildings. Screams of fear and pain could be heard echoing through the town. In the distance, another ground-quaking rumble could be both heard and felt.

“What in the name of the Creator…” Draedyn trailed off, running to the back corner of the inn where her bow lay. Thinking Irys must be under attack, she grabbed it, slung it over her shoulder and head, and ran for one of the blown-out windows. Looking out, however, she discovered that the foe was not one that could be fought.

Dark grey-green clouds were slowly creeping overhead, tendrils reaching out like fingers to drag them further northeast. Draedyn saw a rather large hole blown into the ground a few yards ahead.

“Lightning?” she murmured, looking up just in time to see another bright flash followed by a crack of thunder louder than she could believe. She saw chunks of wood go flying, and shortly thereafter, smoke. A building was on fire. Judging by its location, it was a house.

Thinking furiously, Draedyn whipped around and started barking out orders. “Everyone, get to the storm shelters, NOW!”

There were only two shelters, since Irys almost never experienced a storm bad enough to merit their use. However, between the two they could fit everyone in the town, and the doors were constructed of heavy steel that could withstand a tornado. There was one on the north and south side of town.

The inn began to empty as everyone started running for the shelters. Draedyn looked squarely at Reynold, who hadn’t moved. “Go, Reynold,” she growled. “Now.”

Recognizing the stern look in her eye, he knew she wouldn’t be argued with, and that she would drag him there by the scruff herself if need be. He nodded and left. The young woman took a deep breath, sinking into the calm and collected state of a warrior. Looking back, she noticed that those in her party and the strange elf hadn’t left, nor did she recall seeing the red-head, Olono. She figured the girl must still be upstairs.

“What are you all still doing here?” Draedyn snapped, though she already knew the answer. They weren’t going to cower in a shelter with everyone else while people needed help in the streets.

Alina Kas’Uni, a feminine voice filled the Sister’s mind. Chosen of the Holy Creator, hear me. You and your companions are needed. Tell them to seek me, Rymnalynne, in Mavellynne’s Bane.

Then the presence was gone from Alina’s mind.
    Set by the masterful Karma

Willshaper
    Semi realistic, and fantasy, with a pinch of Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Nirvana silently read for a few minutes before the first flash. Followed up by thunder, Nirvana hated thunder. It was scary and loud. So when it was this bad there wasn't much the young elf could do short of squeaking and curling up under her spellbook shaking like a leaf.
    "..scary noise scary noise.."
    Nirvana repeated to hersff never once moving or opening her eyes

"Life before death,
    Strength before weakness,
    Journey before destination."
    -The First Ideal

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Alderin smiled in response to Alina's planned fun and murmured,"I suppose..." Then she spoke of blessing food and such. Alderin was never much of a church person, he'd always run past the Church here in Irys, but he could never bring himself to actually enter the blasted place. He didn't hate the guardians or anything, in fact he adored Dessos and Tressa since he was a mere child. He respected the two, but he didn't pay much mind to the other three... That only made him feel guilty; he cleared his mind of the thoughts.

Then Reynold had mentioned rabbit stew.. Alderin sighed, he might as well just enjoy the company of these folk if stew was to be made. And he still hadn't gotten to buying his iced milk yet.

Droga was still slightly agitated even when the red headed girl had left, and for some reason Alderin's mood had taken a turn. He felt rather ill and agitated as much as Droga had felt. At least the young dragon seemed to have eased up a bit when the girl had left, though Draedyn's little pat may have had something to do with calming Droga. But even still... How peculiar... Whatever had been bothering her had had something to do with that girl, but what? He let the question sit for awhile, fidgeting with a ring on his left index finger. He looked up from his ring when there seemed to be trouble with an elf, he only assumed so since Draedyn made her way over. He dismissed it easily enough, if anything were to happen he'd be there to help. If need be, though he doubted it as Drae was a guard and quite skilled. Now the question of the pale eyed girl...

The question left his mind when he realized Droga had stopping her hissing and fidgeting. She was standing high on his shoulder, quiet as a mouse, fully focused upward. Alderin asked in a quiet tone,"What is it?" But abruptly the faerie dragon was off out the door as the door opened for another customer. Alderin quickly got to his feet,"Droga!"

But that was when something odd happened, it took him by surprise, as it did everyone within the inn. Then there was a blinding light and the windows shattered, Alderin covered his face with an arm. The tremor, or whatever the hell it was, started up again. He could feel it slightly ever growing slowly. His ill and agitated mood had suddenly left him, and now he had to stay focused and cool-headed.

Alderin took a deep breath, Draedyn had been telling everyone to get to a shelter. As expected of him and most of the others, he wasn't leaving to save himself. He looked over at Nirvana, the young elf was half to death afraid. He rushed over and said in a calming and gentle voice,"Hey, come with me and I'll take you somewhere safe. Everything is going to be okay, so be strong and follow me. Do you understand that?" If she didn't budge he'd just have to lift her up and take her to the nearest shelter. He had to remember she was younger than she looked, as he knew from seeing her most days as he'd pass her by on the road.

"Thank you, Master."
    "You're welcome, My Padawan."

Crimson Casanova
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

When the explosion hit, Sajreth fell backwards from his chair and landed hard on the floor. His hood flopped and his face was revealed and his shoulder-length raven-black sprayed across the floor. "Ouch," Sajreth said quietly as he stared up at the ceiling. He slowly gets up, he felt like he broken his back for some reason, when it wasn't even a minor injury. The bumble-bee lady started shouting about people and the storm shelter nearby. He shook his head and sniffed the air again, he knew it tasted wrong. He turns around to face the remaining people in the bar. "Alright, which one of you made the clouds above upset?" he growls and demands. He was beginning to form a foul mood. He simply wanted a glass of water from this strange town, and yet all this chaos began to occur. This was not healthy for his well-being, it was too distressful. He didn't like stress...

The Shadow's Embrace
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Alina Kas’Uni, Chosen of the Holy Creator, hear me. You and your companions are needed. Tell them to seek me, Rymnalynne, in Mavellynne’s Bane.

Alina grabbed her head as the female voiced filled her head. Suddenly a holy fevor filled her, filling her with the need to go to... "Mavellynne's Bane..." She traced the symbol of the Guardian Rymnalynne in the air as she looked at everyone else. How was she to convince them to follow her to a corrupted part of the woods with all this chaos going on. She turned to Drae and grabbed her. "Listen to me Drae, this is of the uptmost importance... Get people to safety, but meet me at the eastern gate as soon as you can with others that can help. I can't explain why right now but please in the name of the Creator believe my words." Invoking the Creator's name like that was no small feat for the Cleric, showing how serious she was.

She let go of Drae and rushed out the doors, her mind spinning with hearing the voice of a guardian and her gut rolling with the unease of all the turmoil of the sky. "This isn't fully natural..." She broke out into run, frowning in thought. <Lightning, thunder clouds... This is Tressa's domain. Tressa why are you so-> As she started a prayer to Tressa she felt a sharp pain in her skull and she fell to the ground. "Sister are you alright?" A stranger helped her back up and she nodded. "Yes, thank you dear. Now please, continue to the shelter." The man nodded and they both ran off, the Cleric confused about the pain that was fading. She got to the Church grounds, making her way through the crowd towards the Church Mother. "Mother Patricia! A word if you will grant it." The Mother looked up and gave her a nod and beckoned her to follow.

- - - - -

"So when this all started, you heard the voice of a Guardian?" "Yes mother Patricia. Rymnalynne. She urged me to seek her in Mavellynne’s Bane with my companions. I'm not sure who she meant by my companions, but I asked Drae to meet me at the eastern gate with others." The Mother sat there in thought as the Cleric looked on at her. "So, Sister Alina. You're asking to leave your post here at the Church in the middle of a crisis to follow what you believe is Rymnalynne."

The Cleric bowed her head, clasping her hands together. "Please Mother Patricia. I would not ask this of you unless I was serious about this. I feel the pain in the air. I feel unease in the domain of the Guardians... Plus, if the holy path was an easy one to walk then all would follow it. This path is not an easy one, but I feel that this is the path the Creator has set for me." The silence prevailed for nearly a minute before Mother Patricia stood up. "Return to your room. Gather what you need from there. The other Sisters will get you some supplies for the road. I will pray for a safe journey and your safe return." She laid a hand upon Alina's head. "Oh Creator hear this prayer. Bless Sister Alina with your protective embrace. Bless her by having her in your sight. Guide her hands and feet and be with her and her allies as they travel. I, your humble servant pray for this from you oh holy Creator." She removed her hand from Alina and gave her a smile. "Hurry along child. You do not have much time." The Cleric nodded and ran off towards her room.
    I am the blade of shadows embrace. Just because I am a user of an unholy power doesn't make me evil. For without light, a shadow cannot exist.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Heson Shadowbane is on discord! For those friends of mine that want to keep in touch with me just send me a message and I'll give ya my deets.

Willshaper
    Semi realistic, and fantasy, with a pinch of Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Nirvana refused to move when someone shook her shoulder. She couldn't, her fear of storms and thunder in particular was too great and it left her immobile. "Scarry noise scary noise scary noise.."
    The girl repeated over and over as if it were the only two words she knew. At any rate she was helpless in her current state. And it really showed. Anyone who knew Nirvana knew that she was not one to back down. Nor was she easy to scare. But for some reason she just couldn't handle storms like the one she was stuck in. Of all things her greatest fear was just that storms.. especially big loud thunderstorms.

"Life before death,
    Strength before weakness,
    Journey before destination."
    -The First Ideal

Member of the Month October
    Varies
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Olono stared at Asham.
    "This wouldn't have anything to do with your whole back story that you won't tell me about would it?"
    Before he could reply, or even react, they heard screaming outside and they both turned their attention to the window covered by a curtain. "What the-" Olono had started walking towards it when the ground started quaking beneath her. She lost her balance but Asham caught her before she could fall down completely.
    "Come on. It's too dangerous to be on the second floor."
    The two of them burst through the door, Asham helping Olono keep her balance as they ran down the stairs and into the room before to find it mostly empty. Asham stayed invisible to the rest as he looked around the room then back at Olono. "What do you want to do?" "I don't know."

Avi and Sig made possible by: Kicks!
    Because she is the awesomest in all of ever!

I Forgot My Title....
    Medieval Fantasy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Blake was enjoying his water, having a jolly good time. He had noticed a strange heaviness, sort of like a presence, in the air earlier. For some reason, it felt chillingly familiar....he shook it off, returning the smile to his face as he continued to enjoy himself. He was about to challenge Drae to a speed-drinking contest when a massive explosion BOOMED outside. Blake was one of the first to rush to the windows to inspect what was going on. What greeted him did not tickle his fancy. The blackish green storm coulds outside did not bode good fortune....this was a massive storm if he ever saw one. As another brilliant flash of lightning lit up the sky, Blake could smell burning. Someone's house was on fire. As he looked on, he realized he recognized the house: one of his students'.

Throwing himself out the window, Blake yelled back to Dreadyn. "I have to save the people in that building! I will meet up with you when I can!" Blake rushed for the burning building; he found it a shambles. How could any house burn so quickly? "Hello! Is anyone in here!"

"Y-yes....." Blake rushed over to where the sound was coming from. He found one of his students, Drem, crying over two bodies; his parents had been killed by a falling beam. "Come on. We have to get you out of here." Scooping Drem up into his arms, Blake dashed through the house, leaping over fallen beams and debris, making it out just as the house collapsed entirely. "Come on. Let's get you to the shelter, Drem."

"Th-thank you, Mister Blake......"
    Karma is the best.

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast