Page 1 of 45 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Deisidus: Fall of the Guardians ( IC )

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Mature Fantasy, occasionally Sci-Fi and will dabble in other stuff
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default [M] Deisidus: Fall of the Guardians ( IC )

Rated [M] for violence, alcohol/drug use, sexual themes/content, mild language, etc.

Prologue

Queen Ralena stood in the castle gardens overlooking the ocean. Talyn was a city by the sea, and a beautiful city at that. It was rich, trading heavily across the Redcap Sea to the nearby islands and other lands. They had once done fine business with Dornhaven as well, merchants traveling up the Continental Highway to sell silks, aromatic herbs, delicious fruits, and other luxuries. That had dwindled in recent years however, once that brat who dared call himself King rose to power. The thought of the boy put a bad taste in the Queen’s mouth as she stared over the red waters far below.

“Pardon me for intruding on your thoughts, My Queen,” came a voice from behind. Ralena smiled as her chief advisor came to stand with her.

“You are never intruding, Felris,” the Queen greeted warmly. “On the contrary, I could use the company.”

“I am glad to give it,” Felris answered with a smile. They had been close friends for almost a decade, and, beyond that, the elderly advisor had known the young Queen since her birth. “What troubles you, Your Highness?”

Ralena glanced at him, and for a moment he could tell there was little on her mind that didn’t trouble her.

“Besides the ongoing squabbles between the kingdoms and the complications with our dear friend King Lornas, that is,” Felris amended with a patient smile. Ralena chuckled.

“Besides that? Look,” she beckoned, waving a hand toward the sea. The castle stood at the top of the cliffs overlooking the beach. It was at least a thousand foot drop from the garden, but the land gradually descended in the west toward the bay where the city docks were. The salty ocean breeze carried the aroma of the exotic plants in the castle gardens. It was generally a peaceful place.

But something was wrong.

Felris looked down at the Redcap Sea as commanded. It was typically a very calm body of water, and though it was the color of blood--for reasons still under speculation by scholars--it was teeming with life and had always been a lifeline for Talyn. But in recent days, it had been angry, its tides reaching new heights, its crimson waves beating mercilessly against the cliff-face. Even now, as the Queen and her advisor looked out at it, it seemed to grow more turbulent, red waters crashing over the piers below. Even from this height they could hear the splintering of wood. Dark clouds brewed on the horizon, the white-purple lightning visible from where they stood.

“It does look as though rough weather is ahead,” Felris conceded. He glanced at his Queen, at the wrinkle of her brow that indicated she was quite concerned. “But that is the risk of living by the sea,” he added, studying her face. “Storms are always going to loom on the horizon.”

“No,” Queen Ralena said quietly, knuckles white from how she gripped the corner of the stone facing. “This is something worse. Something much worse.”

Meanwhile, in Irys...

Draedyn stood at the bar in the Peddler’s Rest Inn in Irys, leaning on the counter with her chin in one hand and the pommel of her sheathed short sword in the other. The barkeep, Reynold, stopped in front of her, looking about as much like a barkeep as Draedyn deemed possible: round beer gut, dirty white apron, balding and busy wiping a mug with what she hoped was a relatively clean washcloth.

“Well how do you do, Drae?” Reynold greeted her with a friendly grin. “I was wondering when you’d be stopping by again. Had some ruffians causing a ruckus yesterday that coulda used a broken bone or two.”

Draedyn grinned and slid a copper across the counter. “I can’t always be around to hold your hand, Reynold,” she responded wryly. “Besides, didn’t Cisco take care of it?”

“If by ‘take care of it’ you mean give ‘em a stern finger-wagging then sure, he took mighty fine care of it for all of ten minutes. Soon as he left, they were back to yellin’ and cursin’ and grabbin’ at my poor barmaid like they’d never seen a woman before.” Reynold huffed, slightly flushed at the memory.

“I am sorry, Reynold,” Draedyn apologized with a disarming smile. “Though you must realize that we can’t just beat up everyone who causes a fuss. It would be bad for business. Hope they didn’t give Lisette too much trouble.” She glanced around briefly as she spoke, but considering it was midday, the inn was relatively quiet. Lisette, the barmaid, was serving a table in the corner, and seemed no worse for wear.

“Naw,” Reynold replied, sliding a mug of pale ale across the counter. Draedyn took it with a nod of thanks. “They mostly just patted her rump and made a few indecent comments. She’s pretty used to it.”

“Well tell her I said she can take it out on Cisco if she wants,” Draedyn said with a wink, taking a swig of her ale and looking over at the door as she heard it open.
    Last edited by ☆Catwoman☆; 12-05-2013 at 01:26 AM.
    Set by the masterful Karma

I Forgot My Title....
    Medieval Fantasy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Blake calmly strode into the inn, a heap of weapons slung to his back. A few were blood-spattered, but for the most part they were just dirty and grimy. Despite his weapons' weight, Blake carried it fairly easily, with only a slight limp under the weight. They might have been dirty, but the grin on his face was proof of his good mood; he had helped train a bunch of young elves today, and they had gotten a little feisty with their short swords. His halberd was on top on the entire lot, acting as a sort of protector from the others falling, while his falchion was as usual in the scabbard around his waist. He stopped at the bar, dumping the entire lot of swords on it, giving Reynold the same grin he had been showing when he walked in.

"Again, Reynold, I have no idea what I'd do without you letting me borrow these. You're keeping the little ones of Irys well trained and happy....and a bit more cut up then their parents would like. You'll, ehe, need to wash a few of those." His burden lightened, he accepted a glass of water from Reynold; Reynold knew today was the day he couldn't afford to be drunk in the slightest, for later on it was going to be his own training time. He noticed Draedyn a few seats over and gave her a short laugh and a wave.

"Hey Drae, I saw you watching the kids work with me for a few minutes....always nice to know I have an admirer." He chuckled slightly; he never really laughed out loud, but when he did, it was raucous and very contagious.
    Karma is the best.

Willshaper
    Semi realistic, and fantasy, with a pinch of Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Nirvana burst through the door of the Peddler's Rest an exited look in her eyes and a thick book under her arm and her robes looking fairly torn and dirty.
    "Hey everyone look what I found in a cave. Hehehe. Know what it is Drea? Hehe I bet you don't."
    The young elf practically shouted with joy and sheer excitement.
    "Well do you? It's a spellbook.. Yes that's right guys a SPELLBOOK and I found it. Hehehe Now I just need to figure out how to read it!!"
    Nirvana practically danced around the inn then she gave almost everyone either a hug or kiss for no real reason. And like a flash she retreated to a corner to begin reading.

"Life before death,
    Strength before weakness,
    Journey before destination."
    -The First Ideal

Member of the Month October
    Varies
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Olono sat in the back of a wagon being pulled by a stranger. She had a map unfolded in her lap and was staring at it with a perplexed look on her face. Asham leaned over her, weightlessly, with his arms folded on top of her head as he stared down at the map, too, unbeknownst to their kindly man at the reins. "Hey, Asham?" she asked softly, so that the man giving them a ride wouldn't hear. "Hmmm?" he responded.
    "According to this map..." she turned it around a few times before looking up at her ghost friend, "Where the heck are we?" She wasn't very good at this. Traveling wasn't exactly something she was used to doing and maps confused her greatly. Asham grinned at her, "We're in the Sterling Wood. Right there." he pointed down at a spot on the map. Of all the things she'd been taught back home, geography would have been nice of them to squeeze 'geography' in somewhere!
    She sighed and leaned forward with her elbows on her knees, "Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I'm not really sure." "That's up to you and how you perceive it." Asham shrugged his shoulders. Olono gave an exasperated sigh. As nice as it was to have him around, she wished he would offer more feedback on certain things. Asham only smiled, amused by her annoyance, "Well, to help you make up your mind, we're close to a town called Irys. We've been wandering around for a while now because of your awful sense of direction. Perhaps we should go there and take a break? It's well within walking distance."
    Straightening up, she brightened immediately, "Sure. Why not?" She crawled to the front of the wagon and tapped the man on the shoulder, "Sir, could you please let me off here please?" "Sure thing miss!"

The wagon slowed to a stop and Olono hopped out onto the ground, nodding to the man who rode off somewhere into the forest. Asham floated beside her and the two of them set off towards the town. It didn't take long to reach and Olono was quite happy to be reunited with civilization. Walking in deeper, they came across a structure named "Peddler's Rest Inn".
    "That place looks sturdy enough. What do you say?" She looked at Asham who shrugged once again, "Up to you, kid."
    She started towards the building and pushed the door open, walking inside and examining the faces of the people there. Asham made sure to keep himself invisible to their eyes. Olono walked up to the counter of the innkeeper and smiled at him.
    "Howdy! I'm sorry to say that I'm not a peddler, but would it be alright if I rented a room?"
    Meanwhile, Asham suddenly started to feel on edge. There was an oddly familiar presence omitting from somewhere. This was the first time he'd felt something like that in years. He scanned the room, unsure exactly where it was coming from but it was still there... and for some reason, he didn't like it.

Avi and Sig made possible by: Kicks!
    Because she is the awesomest in all of ever!

The Shadow's Embrace
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

"Creator grant me guidance. Grant me vision into the unease I feel. The domain you hath granted upon Dessos grows uneasy. Oh holy Creator bless me with knowledge of if this is a sign of troubled times to come. Bless me with the strength to aid your flock in the times ahead. In the names of the guardians you created for the elemental domains and in yours oh Creator, I honor you. Amen." Alina raised her head from where she was kneeling at the altar when she heard a voice behind her. "Cleric Alina, there is not service here till later tonight. What troubles your heart to be seeking the words of the Creator at such a time?"

Alina stood up and turned around, smiling at the older human woman. "Mother Patricia, it is a pleasure to see you here. Yes, there is something that troubles me, but I am still not sure if it is something serious. That is why I seek the Creator's wisdom in this, because compared to the Creator our knowledge is miniscule. Therefore it is never shameful to seek his guidance." Patricia chuckled behind a hand politely. "Oh Alina, taking words from the scriptures as always. It's wonderful to hear such devoutness. I pray that the Creator grants you the vision to see the truth of your troubles."

The elf bowed her head with a smile. "I pray for that as well. May I ask what brings you here Mother Patricia?" "Oh yes. What do you do to relax child? What do you do for fun? You are always either in the Scriptures or studying the elements. Even the other Sisters and Brothers take time away from the Church." Alina rubbed her chin in thought as Patricia continued to talk. "While the Creator asks for us to be devout, he warns us of being blindly devoted to him as blind devotion can sometimes lead to such people straying from the path."

Alina nodded her head again and smiled at her. "Very well Mother Patricia, I understand. May I request to be excused from the service tonight then?" Patricia laid a hand upon Alina's shoulder. "You are excused from attending tonight child. Now do go have some fun for my sake." Alina giggled and nodded. "As you wish Mother Patricia." Alina walked out and to her room, changing into the casual clothes of a Cleric before heading out of the Church and into the town. She came across an inn that she knew doubled as a tavern (well most inns do so anyways), Peddlers Rest, and with a nod to herself she pushed open the door and walked on in.
    I am the blade of shadows embrace. Just because I am a user of an unholy power doesn't make me evil. For without light, a shadow cannot exist.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Heson Shadowbane is on discord! For those friends of mine that want to keep in touch with me just send me a message and I'll give ya my deets.

Fantasy, Mature Fantasy, occasionally Sci-Fi and will dabble in other stuff
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Reynold groaned when Blake dumped the dirty swords on the counter.

“I just washed that bloody bar, you know,” he mumbled as he started to carry them to the back, though he could only manage two at a time. Draedyn grinned at his expense, then looked at Blake wryly.

“Don’t kid yourself,” she joked, “I’ve always got my eyes peeled for trouble makers.” She patted her blades fondly in emphasis.

Her eyes darted towards the door again when another figure burst through, a ball of energy with a spellbook in hand.

"Hey everyone look what I found in a cave. Hehehe. Know what it is Drae? Hehe I bet you don't,” the young elf was exclaiming as she entered the inn.

“Um, is it a--” Draedyn began, but was cut off when the girl shouted that it was a spellbook. Draedyn smiled and shook her head in disbelief that such a tiny creature could contain so much energy. She grunted slightly when Nirvana plowed into her with a hug, and seconds later she was gone, reading in the corner.

“Do you remember ever having that much energy?” Draedyn quipped to Blake. “Cause I don’t…”

Her icy blue eyes were drawn to the door once more when yet another person came through. “Wow, busy day,” she announced as a young woman with red hair and curious blonde highlights came in and strode to the bar.

Reynold trotted up to meet her, huffing from the exertion of carrying the load of swords to the back. He wiped his brow and smiled kindly at Olono.

“Well of course you can, my dear!” he replied with a chuckle. He leaned in conspiratorially. “And between you and me, I prefer the regular folk to peddlers anyhow. Always trying to hawk their wares in my inn, taking all my business…but listen to me ramble,” Reynold said, straightening back up and dusting off his slightly dirty hands. “It’s just a copper coin a night for a room and meal. Water is complimentary, the finer drinks are extra.”

As Reynold was speaking to the stranger, Draedyn took another swig of her ale and watched as a familiar face walked into the inn. She smiled, setting down her mug, and strode over to the cleric, placing her hands on her shoulders.

“Sister Alina!” she greeted warmly, giving the elven cleric a hug. “It’s good to see you again. Wouldn’t have expected to find you in here,” she continued as she led the cleric back to the bar.
    Set by the masterful Karma

Willshaper
    Semi realistic, and fantasy, with a pinch of Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Once nirvana shot into the corner the book was opened in a second with a great cloud of dust and the soft glow of magical runes.
    "Whoa.. this..is AWSOME!!" The young elf exclaimed rather loudly then buried her nose in the seemingly endless runes of the great book. She remained like this for all of three seconds before she tried the first spell, a simple fire spell that made a small but warm flame.
    "Pyrus minimus.."
    Nirvana said quietly to herself then she snapped her fingers.. it worked. Much to the surprises then elation of Nirvana a small red flame sprung to life.
    "I did it.. YES. I DID IT-I DID IT-I DID IT!!!"
    The young elf ran around squeeing and hugging everyone then she stopped in front of Alina for just a brief second before she plowed into her with what could be described as a Twinkie powered hug of biblical proportions then expanded by ten.
    "HELLO SISTER.. HEHEHE I FINALLY DID IT!!!!"
    Last edited by Derpnaster; 12-05-2013 at 06:51 PM.

"Life before death,
    Strength before weakness,
    Journey before destination."
    -The First Ideal

The Shadow's Embrace
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Alina smiled at Drae, returning the hug she gave her. "Well Mother Patricia ordered me to... Have fun and relax. And she told me something besides my studies or the Scriptures so I decided to come socialize." The elf smiled and laughed softly, shaking her head. "She does make a point though. I sometimes spend too much time in study. Plus didn't you mention something about a drink the next time I got out of service duties?"

She brushed some hair behind her ear as she heard some excited squeals of joy. She turned to see Nirvana summon forth a small flame and start running around hugging everyone. The elven child stopped before her, staring at her with some sort of intent evident in her eyes. "Hello chi-" Her sentence was cut off as Nirvana glomped right onto her. If Alina had been a smaller elf it might have knocked her over, but she kept her footing and returned the hug to Nirvana.

Alina smiled as she set the small elf down. "Wonderful child. Keep with your studies and your power will only continue to grow. Perhaps even one day rival mine own!" She closed her eyes as she muttered softly. "Oh Creator, allow me this miniscule boon of Tervyneern." The small flame that Nirvana summoned grew into a larger fire and formed a ring that moved over Alina's head like a halo. The cleric smiled innocently and clasped her hands together in prayer, putting together the picture of a holy figure.
    I am the blade of shadows embrace. Just because I am a user of an unholy power doesn't make me evil. For without light, a shadow cannot exist.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Heson Shadowbane is on discord! For those friends of mine that want to keep in touch with me just send me a message and I'll give ya my deets.

I Forgot My Title....
    Medieval Fantasy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Blake smirked before giving another chuckle. "Oh, am I a troublemaker now? That's a new one. Well, to each his own if you say so...." Blake inspected his halberd quietly when he noticed the halo of fire circling Nirvana.....she started gabbing about how it was her first spell and all that....Blake smiled at her as she buried the cleric in a hug.

"I remember my first spell....that was so long ago. I only can really use thunder magic though...the rest is horrible." To emphasize, he attempted to conjure a flame of a size similar to Nirvana's and watched as it exploded in his face. It threw him back against the wall, but thankfully nothing got broken, including himself. He picked himself up off the floor, a sheepish grin on his face.

"Ehe....there's a reason why I don't do much besides electricity." Sparks ran up his arm and he smiled at Nirvana and Alina. "Anyways, it's good you got a night off. Have a drink and enjoy yourself! I'll have to cut out early though, it's training night for me. Still, I got a few hours. Let's have a good time, shall we?" He raised his glass of water before downing it and tapping the bar for a refill.
    Karma is the best.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Alderin "Khal" Yanan

The Elven man, known as Alderin "Khal" Yanan, walked out from his rather small house garbed in his usual attire with his claymore sheathed across his back and his twin daggers at both sides; Droga upon his shoulder. He left his other three weapons safely hidden within his home just in case, though he highly doubted anyone would ever break into his home just to steal a blade or two. But you never know. He hated to part with his bow, but it wouldn't serve him now; he intended on stopping at a tavern before heading out to put his claymore and daggers to use. And by use I mean practice. The weather was cooler than usual for summer days, but nice and breezy.

He walked past a variety of different folk of whom he knew and of whom were strangers. (Strangers often eyed Droga curiously.) But he smiled to each nonetheless. He constantly received compliments mostly for his smile, many saying it brights up their day. He figured, if that was the case, he'd give a warm smile to passersby. He'd also give a light greeting to those he knew, especially Pyreear, he was a good friend of his father's. The human, middle-aged man smiled a toothy grin when Alderin came into view,"Aye, Alderin!" Pyreear was handling a seemingly heavy box from a cart, most likely alcohol,"Help an old man, will'ya?" Alderin rushed over and lifted up the box easily enough, Pyreear guided him into his tavern known as the Wenches Home. The name did not, in anyway, live up to itself. In fact, the tavern had little-to-no woman most days. It was in all honesty just a place to have a few drinks of ale. Pyreear owned the place, and thanks to him Alderin had a job as a barkeep. Not the best of jobs, but it sufficed.

"Put'it in here, boy," he gestured into a room where he kept the alcohol, Alderin obliged and set it down next to another box filled with the same contents. He did the same with another six or so boxes. Pyreear paid the deliverer kindly and the ragged boy was on his way with the rest of the stuff he needed to deliver. Pyreear spoke with his gruffly deep voice,"So where are'ya headed? Trainin' most like?" The guy was never a man of thank yous and other courtesies...

Alderin's voice was soft and pleasant,"Yes, stopping off at a tavern beforehand," before Pyreear could say anything he added,"And no, I will not be stopping here."

"Ah, if ye were-"

"I know, I know. I wouldn't get a discount since you pay me enough already," Pyreear chuckled and waved him off. And off he went. He decided going somewhere new could serve him well, perhaps the Peddler’s Rest Inn? He came across the inn after about a six minute walk. It was a as much a tavern as an inn after all. At least he thought... He'd visited the place a few times in the past. The only thing he really wanted was iced milk, ale would do him no good. He entered to find a few people he knew by name, but his attention quickly drew to the man who had fallen abruptly. Ah! He knew that man, Blake. A man Alderin respected perhaps a bit too much, he admired his skill with that halberd of his. He also recognized the lovely woman beside him as Drae, as well as the adorable Nirvana with fire ablaze above her palm and the gorgeous cleric Alina. Not to mention the barkeep, Reynold... Or was it Reydoln? He assumed the latter was not correct. Hopefully he was right. The others lining the tavern he could recognize some by face, but not by name.

"Thank you, Master."
    "You're welcome, My Padawan."

Page 1 of 45 123 ... LastLast