Page 3 of 508 FirstFirst 1234553 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] My Fair Lady (ScottishGal/ Dark Pigeon)

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    All the RP's!
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

The rose had a good night that day. Costumers came in for their ale's, and left when they where to drunk to walk outside themselves. Darling had been singing songs all night long, and tried hard to make Mensdorff join him. But he kept failing every single time. Instead Mensdorff sat there waiting patently until his friend was drunk and they could leave. Darling at least did two rounds for the bar before he was to drunk to remember he wanted Mensdorff to be drunk as well, Mensdorff himself knew the problems his friend had if it came to liquor and just waited it out, he himself only had the one ale he got served that evening and had drunk it all, silently enjoying its taste.

When the clocks struck two and Darling finally stopped his singing and almost fell asleep, Mensdorff walked over towards the bar to pay their bill with a generous tip. With it he left a little note for Jenny to read;

Jenny

My my sincere apologies for my behavior, and that of Mister Darling. I do hope to see you soon.

Mister Fredrick Mensdorff.

He was gone with Darling before Jenny could react to the note he had given.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The next day
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sun slowly getting up, the clouds where gone and it seemed that this would be the warmest day of the year for now. The flower girls where up and about selling the best cuttings they could find by the florist to the men that tried hard to get to work on time. It was still early, around 8 in the morning when the city was full with people running around, carriages with the horses trotting over the slippery stones of the streets of London. Beggars had found their streets corners again had were hopeful that today they would be getting some coins.

Mensdorff enjoyed this time of the day, he was standing by his window in his study drinking his coffee and watching the people running around trying to get to work. He remembered when he was younger and still had to get to his office down town, he always wanted to be an architect, he could remember that he was only six years old already drawing buildings and houses, and educating himself about the structures and the history of the many buildings in the City of London. His break trough was when he designed an important part of the new House of parliament, that was still being build. Since then he got to work from his home office, where he felt save and best off all. He could be alone. He glanced at his coffee at his first sip and turned around "Williams! he called, directly his butler came walking towards the entrance of the office of his master Yes master Mensdorff the man said politely, keeping out of the office as Mensdorff liked it "It could be an possibility that a young lady will be visiting today. She might look like a beggar but I can assure you that I do wish her to enter the house. Just make sure she does not drag anything into the house we want to keep out. Williams lifted his thick grey eyebrows when he heard his master talk and nodded "of course sir, a young lady. Might I ask what this visit would be about sir?" Mensdorff nodded and took an other sip of his coffee "I want to train this raw filthy girl into an lady, just to see if such a thing is possible. I tend to have her stay her for the time being. Make sure that the guest room is ready, don't use the good linen yet. Make sure of that" Williams nodded again and walked off, thinking his master finally got insane.

Spoiler: Mensdorff's study  

Spoiler: Mensdorff's townhouse 
    Sorry for the many mistakes, Im a little bit dyslectic. If there are to many mistakes it means my personal translator is having a live. So no worries they will be fixed.

The Scottish Fluff
    Willing to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Jenny worked hard for the rest of the night, she let Sarah deal with Darling and Mensdorff. She cleaned quickly and with purpose, Joe always had an eye fixed on her, curious about her conversation with the gentlemen. She tired herself out quickly and watched as Darling got drunk, she smirked at the man and listened to him drunkenly sing. As the clock struck two, Jenny noticed Mensdorff come close to the bar, she moved quickly into the back room and kept herself there until she was sure he had left.

When she surfaced, she was greeted by Joe who thrust a small note into her hands. She put the note into her top pocket and continued her work. It was when she arrived home, her breath visable infront of her that she read the note. It took her a few tries but she finally recongised each word, when she was younger, she had been taught by the woman she worked for, she was thankful for those hours everyday.

Jenny

My my sincere apologies for my behavior, and that of Mister Darling. I do hope to see you soon.

Mister Fredrick Mensdorff.

She frowned at the note and crumbled it into a ball.

The next day
    Jenny awoke with a start, Tommys coughing racked their small room. She sat and moved herself towards the young boy, she wrapped him in her shawl and held him in his arms as he shivered. She watched her mother leave silently for work and sat for a few moments until the boy had returned to sleep.
    She stood silently and tidied their small room, without waking the other children. She picked up clothing and piled it into a corner for further pressing, a small piece of card fluttered to the ground and she stopped. She stared at the card with a frown, she then glanced back up to the huddled mass of her siblings, all trying to stay together for warmth. She snatched the card from the ground. She read over the address again and again. She sighed and dressed quickly in a red skirt and off white shirt. It was her best clothing and yet she felt so very shabby.

She awoke her eldest brother “I wont be long. Make breakfast, I’ll be back afor Mum” She said quietly and left their home. The air bite her cheeks and she frantically pulled her fingers through her hair. She wrapped her shawl tight around her and started a brisk walk. She passed by vendors and familiar faces, she waved and smiled to them all.
    It was the passing over into the wealthier part of town, that made Jenny look down. She watched her feet as she walked quickly through the streets. She could feel peoples stares boring into the back of skull. She pulled the shawl tighter and glanced up and around at the street names. She pulled out her small card and compared them, she heard a small giggle from behind her and she turned.

Two beautiful women stood and regarded her with disgust, they giggled at her clothing and placed a hand over their mouth as they passed her. Jennys cheeks burned red. She made her way to the back alley. She knew those streets better and she wouldn’t be judged. She reached the back entrance of the Mensdorff home and noticed a familiar face.
    “James” She said with a smile. The broad shouldered lad regarded her with raised bushy eyebrows. “Whit you dain’ here lass”. She moved quickly to him and hugged him tightly. He brushed his hand over her hair and then smiled at her.
    “I’m her to see Miste’ Mensdorff” She said with a small smile. The man frowned.
    “Come on then” He said quietly and led her through the kitchen. He unlocked a massive door and peered around the corner as if searching for someone.
    A very well dressed man walked by and regarded both with wide eyes. “James I told you no stray women of yours allowed in this house.” Jenny scowled at the man and James flustered “ No Sir, This is Jenny. Says she’s here to see the Sir.”
    Jenny stood with a scowl on her face and crossed her arms across her chest.

All the RP's!
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

It was Williams they met, he walked into the kitchen holding the breakfast that Mensdorff had finished not to long ago. He had some sandwiches with honey his favorite, and a pot of coffee to start the day. He left his tray on a table in the middle of the room, turned around and looked both at Jenny and James "You should have know better than to bring her inside the house without my knowing James. Let this not happen again" he said angrily peering over his glasses at the young man. James nodded and quickly took of his hat when Williams only looked at it. IF it would not be to much of a trouble, I would like you to bring in the firewood before lunch." Williams said now with a friendly and warm voice, he smiled at the young boy and watched how he quickly made his way outside. He turned his head to give Jenny a good look. He had friendly gray eyes hidden behind small glasses which he took off to clean with a small piece of cloth he had inside his pocket Mister Mensdorff was expecting you miss Jenny?
    Sorry for the many mistakes, Im a little bit dyslectic. If there are to many mistakes it means my personal translator is having a live. So no worries they will be fixed.

The Scottish Fluff
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Jenny stood and scowled as the man told off James. James flustered beside her and moved quickly away. The man before her stood and regarded her . She tipped her head up and stared at him, her cheeks burned and she straightened her skirt self consciously.

“Mister Mensdorff was expecting you miss Jenny?” She was a bit taken back when the man called her Miss Jenny.
    “Yes Sir. “ She said with a neutral expression. She stood further into the house and let the man close the door to the Servants quarters. She clutched her shawl hard, her knuckles turning white. She tried to smile and stood straighter.

“Where is mista Mensdorff?” Jenny asked quietly. She was still slightly wary of the man and Mensdorff himself. She was happier in knowing James was near by if something went wrong.

All the RP's!
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Williams opened the door towards the corridor "This way miss, Master Mensdorff is in his office" he held the door open until Jenny had passed him and then passed her so he could walk in front of Jenny. There are some small house rules that are important to Master Mensdorff, don't touch his belongings. Specially the drawings, paintings or books. He really does not like anyone to commend on his work, even if it is a compliment. Don't sit on the leather chair in the corner, don't scratch yourself, fix your hair or touch him personally. He had a fast steady pace, and kept his eyes to the front when he talked to her. Some women from the household passed both of them and seemed surprised to see Jenny there. They had buckets with clean water, some cloths and dusters with them and glanced back before they disappeared in one of the many rooms they passed. Im not trying to scare you miss Jenny, the master is somewhat..... unique... and can be quite the... personality. Just keep those things in mind and all will go just fine. When the reached the door of the office Williams turned around, the old man seemed gentle and somewhat worried Just remember, dogs that bark don't bite" he almost wispered towards her, winking with his right eye.

He knocked three times "What is it!" Mensdorff almost yelled towards the door. Williams opened it up and couched politely "A visitor Master Mensdorff, I believe it is the girl you where expecting. Miss Jenny? He turned away to let Jenny walk into the room.

Mensdorff was sitting at his desk, with quill in his hands that he carefully put away when he watched Jenny standing in the door opening. He seemed agitated, his hair was ruffled and it seemed that he was wearing the same clothes as the day before. He had loosed up his tie and was sitting in a pure white shirt, his jacket was thrown over a chair in front of him. The room was big and filled with books, art, and loads of drawings of buildings, people and animals. It was all to clear that this man had a gift. Miss.. Jenny? I did not expect you this soon. Please come in, and Williams, please bring us some tea and those chocolates that arrived yesterday. Williams nodded politely and walked off back to the kitchen, leaving Jenny alone with Mister Mensdorff.

Mensdorrf stood up and walked towards one of the chairs by his desk. He picked up some books of his desk to make some space for the tea and put them somewhere on a small side table. He seemed somewhat confused doing so, trying to make some order in the very chaotic room. He removed some drawings of birds from the chair he wanted Jenny to sit on. One of them flew off and landed before Jenny's feet. Mensdorff did not notice and already had turned around to put the pile of drawings away. The drawing that flew off landed before Jenny's feet landed with the right side up. It had a picture of a crow on it. It seemed so real that you almost felt like it would jump out of the paper and start to fly around the room. "Please take a seat" Mensdorff said, trying to keep the pile of paper from tipping over.

Spoiler: The corridor 

Spoiler: The office 

The Scottish Fluff
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

The door was opened for her and she blinked rapidly as she walked through. The hall was beautiful, the paintings were rich with colour and the smell of food filled the corridor behind them. She stood to the side and let Williams by and followed him quietly taking in everything with awe.

She heard house rules and snapped back to reality, she was instantly confused ‘am only meant tae be here one day’ She thought worriedly glancing back at the door from whence she came. She turned and listened closely to Williams.

‘Aye sir. He doesnae like ye touchin him” She said with a smirk thinking of her kiss the previous night and his reaction. She tried her best to keep a mental list of the rules. Some women passed them and glanced at her with wide eyes, she looked down ashamed as the women, servants, were dressed accordingly and looked clean. She peered after them into more richly decorated rooms. She snapped her head around at Williams speech again. ‘Unique... aye thats right.’

They reached a heavy wooden door and the man turned to her, he instantly looked older and had a gleam in his eye. She smiled softly as he spoke “Just remember, dogs that bark don’t bite.” He winked at her and she grinned at him fidgeting with her hands as she stood tall.

Williams knocked and a loud voice could be heard. They entered and Mensdorff was sitting at his desk. There were papers everywhere and it was wall to wall books. She couldn’t stop herself from staring around the room in awe. Williams left them and she glanced up at Mensdorff and walked further into the room.

‘he looks a right mess’ She thought, his hair ruffled and he even appeared to be wearing the same clothes from the pub the night earlier. There was many paintings both on the wall and scattered around the room on scraps of papers, she raised her eyebrows at the mess. He stood and made some room for her on a chair, one drawing fluttered off the pile and landed at her feet. She glanced down and the drawing was beautiful, it felt like she could grab the bird from out of the paper. She glanced up at Mensdorff ready to speak, but held her tongue remembering Williams words. She placed the drawing atop a nearby pile and noticed the seat, he gestured to.

It was a bare wooden chair, she frowned slightly, it looked out of place in this room, but she wasn’t going to complain. She sat and let her back rest against the chair. “Mornin’ Sir. Took me a while to find tis ol place”
    She said with a grin, still fascinated by the room, she scanned her eyes over the room as she pushed some stray hairs behind her ear.
    Last edited by Scottie; 12-17-2013 at 10:05 AM.

All the RP's!
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Mensdorff flinched when he saw her fixing her hair and gave himself some time to take a good look at her. His eyes eyed her up and down, the man looked agitated with her being in his office room. Normally he would never take guests inside it, he could be quite difficult when it came to Wiliams or the rest of the household trying to clean up the mess. Last month he gave such a tantrum about it, that only Wiliams now could enter, but even he sometimes had trouble to come out unharmed. But now he had not slept and was 'in the zone' as he called it, making him forget to do something about the situation. Instead he just offered her a chair, and hoped she would behave inside his 'kingdom'

Fredrick sat down on his own chair, an old but richly decorated leather seat with woodcarving of birds and flowers. He had noticed Jenny's frown when she sat down on the bare wooden chair that was in front of his desk. "Is that chair not to your liking Jenny? Like you it might not look like much, but I can assure you it has quite some value." He looked dead serious when he said that and leaned back inside his own chair But to get to the point, Im glad you are here. I hope you did not cause any trouble coming to this neighborhood? I would have loved to see the faces of the lady's and gentleman you had passed. That would be such an entertaining sight"

The Scottish Fluff
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Jenny frowned at him as he scrutinized her. She placed her hands on her lap and glanced over his desk, looking over the scattered papers and the general mess.

"Is that chair not to your liking Jenny? Like you it might not look like much, but I can assure you it has quite some value." She scowled at him and then let her face relax and smiled sweetly. “The chair is fine sir.” She rolled her eyes slightly at his comments and she glanced him over, raising her eyebrows at his ruffled appearance.

She listen with a neutral expression until he mentioned the neighbor hood, her face tensed slightly.
    “Of course no problem Sir. The people on tha street were mighty happy to see me.” She scowled at him and blushed deeply, she thought back to their demeaning stares and their murmurs and giggles.

“In fact sir, I came through the kitchen. To save ya any trouble.” She smirked at him, the thought of his reputation tarnished by a lower class woman entering such a house, made her laugh slightly.’Lil ol me has a good deal of power for someone so grubby’
    She removed the smirk from her face and turned to face him. She stared at him scrutinising every piece of him like he had done to her. She smirked and then turned to lean back in her chair.

All the RP's!
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Mensdorff could feel the hair in his neck standing up, his fingers almost digged into the chair when he heard her mocking him like she did. His eyes grew narrow, his light grey eyes darkened "You entered my house WITHOUT my promotion? TROUGH THE KITCHEN! he quickly stood up from his chair, pushing papers and books from is desk, he was furious! "WILLIAMS COME HERE!" he yelled, when he noticed that Jenny wanted to stand up he gave her a warning look. If she only dared to move, he would do something about it.

Williams was in the kitchen talking to some of the help. Everyone was talking about the strange guest, specially because she could enter his office, sit on 'the chair' and 'worst' of all she was poor. Everything that was happening was very unlike Minster Mensdorff. Nell, a young girl who worked there for some years helped out placing the Chocolates on a richly decorated plate "you think he finally starts to get better? You know.. after.. Williams only had to glance at her to make her stop talking Watch your words Nell, be carefull" He had heated up some water and wanted to start to make the tea when he heard Mensdorff yelling. "Now you done it Nell, you jinxed it" He gave her a little wink to let her know it was all fine and started running trough the house towards the office. Some of the girls that where still cleaning had stopped and where standing in the corridor to hear what was going on

Mensdorff was passing up and down in his room, pushing over books and some papers untill Williams entered "Sir, what the matter. Something wrong?" Mensdorff turned around quick as a wip and pionted at Jenny How is it possible that that girl could just enter MY house! MY HOUSE! his face started to turn red with anger, Williams looked at Jenny with a questioning look in his eyes, shaking his head in disappointment. It was my mistake master Mensdorff, I saw her walking in the back and seemed lost. When I asked what she was doing she told me that she was looking for the house of Mensdorff so I let her in trough the kitchen. Mensdorff stood silently for a minute, breathing heavily She did not come in.. on her own? The doors are secure? I want everything checked twice today! not only in the morning and evening. Midday as well and now. You know the rules Williams! You know I cant have People enter my house unnoticed he seemed to relax a little bit, he lowered his shoulders but was still breathing heavily, he seemed worried and even afraid. He looked at Jenny and lowered his head This is very disappointing of you Williams, for this I will take your free day to see your daughters. he said, looking back at the man who had lied for Jenny. "I fully understand sir, it will not happen again. If you would excuse me I will bring you and Miss Jenny some tea." Mensdorff nodded, still breathing heavily, looking at his locked windows and then back at Jenny.

The Scottish Fluff
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

She flinched slightly as he spoke, his whole composure seemed to darken and she felt herself begin to panic. ‘what the hell have you got yourself into Jenny’ He gave her a warning look when she tried to stand, she remained still but scowled at the man with all her might.

She waited patiently, drumming her fingers against her leg as she waited for the appearance of Williams. He arrived and she glanced at him and frowned as Mensdorff turned quickly and pointed at her. She turned fully to look at him and let her full anger be seen. Mensdorff was getting red of face and rage seemed to seethe from the man.

Jenny faltered slightly, hoping desperately that her mistake would not put James’s job in danger. Her eyes grew wide as Mensdorff took away Williams free day. She watched as Williams looks slightly deflated, he had lied and protected James and now herself. Her anger boiled under her skin as she scowled at Mensdorff

“Mister Williams was only helpin me.... He should not have his day taken” She folded her arms across her chest, though the angry outburst had frightened her, she knew that he was not in charge of her.

“I came through the back door cause of the looks I got... I prefer the servants entrance.... I choose that way.. he should not be punished.” She said her voice clear, she kept her frown etched on her forehead and glanced over at the open door from where Williams had scurried through.

Page 3 of 508 FirstFirst 1234553 ... LastLast