Page 455 of 508 FirstFirst ... 405453454455456457505 ... LastLast
Results 4,541 to 4,550 of 5075

Thread: [M] My Fair Lady (ScottishGal/ Dark Pigeon)

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    All the RP's!
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Frederick happily got out of the carriage, he was almost skipping as he walked over to the horses and brushed their soft noses. He thanked them for the ride, and complimented them on how well they had done their work. He should have know that Jenny would give the driver something extra, as he himself would have properly done the same. He brushed his hands clean on his coat and put his gloves back on before he walked towards his loving wife. "Thank you kindly sir! And a happy Christmas to you" he called towards the driver who smiled broadly before he started to drive off. "What to do first.. well, I would like some of those chestnuts.. I am a little big hungry" he said as he held out his arm for Jenny to take, as she wrapped her arm around his they started to walk into the fair, which was buzzing and full of people of all layers of life. The poor, the rich, everyone was there. The one place in the world were people would be a little bit more kind towards one and other.

He remembered going here when he was a child, only just now he visited those memories and found that every single one of them was filled with happiness. His mother dressed in a warm wool and fur coat, her cheeks burning bright red as her husband was whispering in her ear. How he and his brother always got a bag full of chestnuts, and all the hot chocolate milk they could drink. All those memories were from before his father found out that his youngest child, the silent one.. had a gift. A gift he could use to expand his riches, his power. "I lied, I remember going here as a child. We would eat chestnuts until our tummy's hurt, and drank all the chocolate milk we could drink." he said to her as he gestured towards the chestnut stand up ahead. There was a small line standing before it, every single person at the fair wanted some of the famous chestnuts of this particular stand. Every single one of them was roasted to perfection, every single one was as tasty as the other.

The crowd made him slightly nervous, but not as bad as it would in the past. He greeted a few people, smiling friendly towards them as he had Jenny walking next to him. He was proud, slightly nervous, but so very happy to be outside at the fair. "We should get a small bag tough, we can not fill our stomachs with chestnuts so close to lunch. I want to enjoy every single moment with you, do everything we can possibly do today. We can always get a second bag full of chestnuts if we wish.. " he said to her as he and Jenny got in line for the Chestnuts.
    Sorry for the many mistakes, Im a little bit dyslectic. If there are to many mistakes it means my personal translator is having a live. So no worries they will be fixed.

The Scottish Fluff
    Willing to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Jenny was glad that he was getting in to the spirit of Christmas. "Chestnuts it is." She said sweetly, happily taking his arm and letting him lead her through the crowd. She had her sights set on the spiralling queue when he spoke again. Going here as a child. She hoped it were good memories he had stumbled upon. She patted his arm as they stopped behind an older couple in the queue. They were distinctly middle class, their jackets had seen maybe two winters but nothing more. Jenny had seen a few familiar faces but they passed her quickly. She had tried to become cold to such meetings. When they ran from her, when forced into a corner they stammer out responses. Like she was never one of them. She kept a hand on her bag resting close to her stomach. "Of course. Our guests would not be pleased with us spoiling our appetites before lunch."

Soon they reached the older man dishing out small bags. She placed a shiny coin in his hand and off they went again. A warm bag of chestnuts in Frederick's hands. "Can we look around the stalls?" She asked sweetly. Littered around the entire fair was small stalls, people selling their wares. It ranged from precious decorations to sweets to candles. It was the best place to get a small last minute present for a loved one, or to get something small for yourself. Jenny let her hand move down to link their fingers, she wanted to hold his hand rather than his arm. Her eyes danced over the stalls, speaking to anyone that tried to grab their attention. They moved at a leisurely pace through the stalls, Jenny would sneak a few chestnuts as they moved. Letting them cool in her hands before popping them into her mouth. She waved a few familiar faces and struck up some brief conversations. Many gave Frederick a warm glance but a few glanced at him with a worried look.

They were nearing the small pen where the Shetland ponies were kept for children to ride when Jenny heard someone call her name. "Jennifer....Jennifer." She turned, not expecting to see someone from her youth as no one called her Jennifer but her ma when she was angry. Jenny was nearly taken off her feet by the woman with long blonde hair. "Oh my darling. How are you?" The woman said beaming at Jenny. Jenny responded with such a smile. "Charlotte. I thought you were heading to the countryside." Charlotte shook her head gently, "Oh not yet. Duncan needed to speak to some very important people first." She said with a small chuckle. The woman was from money, the way she held herself, spoke and even in her small gestures. "And you must Frederick yes?" The woman said turning to him and giving him a toothy grin. "Charlotte Bronson. A pleasure to meet you." She said as a man with a lovely beard appeared behind her. A small girl in his arms, dressed in the most beautiful light pink dresses and thick woollen coats. "Why hello Louisa." Jenny said sweetly as the small girl giggled and hid in her fathers shoulder. When Charlotte turned back to her husband, Frederick would notice the woman was heavily pregnant. Nearly ready to pop.

"Duncan. This is Frederick Mensdorff." Duncan gave the man a curt smile and shook his hand. Duncan Bronson was a well known accountant, though the two men would have been in the same circles they never had the pleasure of meeting each other. "I do apologise in cutting this meeting short ladies. But we have a train to catch Charlotte." Charlotte rolled her eyes and chuckled, placing a hand on Jenny's arm. "Oh he think we shall be late because I am going so slow." Jenny smirked, "Well you do have a good excuse. But I would hate for you to miss the train." Charlotte tutted as Jenny took her husbands side and pressed a small kiss to her cheek. "You must write me. And it was lovely meeting you Frederick." And they were gone. It was like a flash of colour, the blonde, pink and red of Duncans hair. Jenny gave Frederick a sheepish smile, "I met Charlotte in a children's clothing store in town. She made me come out to lunch and she's been helping a little these last few days." Jenny said with a small blush to her cheeks, "She is quite a woman though." That was true, Jenny was still coming to terms with such a loud woman in the upper class.

All the RP's!
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

This truly was starting to become the best day in years. Eating chestnuts, walking around on a Christmas fair, having his wife at his side. Frederick was more than happy, and after meeting Jenny's new found friends his hope for a bright and better future for the both of them only grew. "They seem like a lovely couple, we could invite them for lunch or dinner one day. Or to visit us at our house at the beach, I bet they will love it.. and their lovely little girl as well. Searching for seashells at the seaside. what kind of a child would not love to do so" Be pressed a light kiss on her forehead and popped a hot chestnut into his mouth. He loved them hot, the hotter the better. It was a slight miracle that he was not burning his mouth. He glanced over the many stalls, they sold everything from scarfs, Christmas decoration, sweets, a great sortment of nuts and so much more. He himself was hoping to buy something for himself, and something for the hospital itself.. just something to make it look more like Christmas was being celebrated.

He nearly dragged Jenny towards a stall that sold richly decorated Christmas ornaments. He glanced over each and every single one of them. They came in all sorts of shapes and sizes. From small christmas tree's made from glass, to large ornaments that would fit only atop of the tree. The one that Frederick liked right away, was the one shaped like a horse, which was decorated with tack fitting for a horse pulling a christmas cart. "This one reminds me of Rosy, I think I will be taking this one. To show my new found love for horses.. how is she doing? I hope she is eating a carrot day, and hearing many story's? .. I hope she is doing well.. that makes me think. Have you found a name for your beautiful horse already? or are you still searching for a fitting name for such a lovely horse?" He asked as he pointed out the decoration he wished to buy.
    Sorry for the many mistakes, Im a little bit dyslectic. If there are to many mistakes it means my personal translator is having a live. So no worries they will be fixed.

The Scottish Fluff
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Jenny nodded as he agreed, they were lovely. Even after their first meeting when Jenny had kept to herself. Refusing to ask for help, her fingers dancing over blue and pink wool. Charlotte had noticed her and had pulled her out of her shell. She felt a little bit more at home in this city again. Having someone help her be loud and happy. She had the others but they always had things to do. Mary had her own family, Williams had visited his daughters. The Darlings had gone to the North for Christmas, her family were in Humbie and she was here. "I am certain she would love it. Such a shy child." She said softly, keeping a tight grip on his hand. The ice had nearly toppled her over a few times but still he dragged her around. Once again her fingertips danced close to the ornaments as she looked at the snowflakes in awe. She heard him speak, faintly like he was far away. She turned and noticed him fixated on the horse before him.

She chuckled, "Rosy is grand. She has a carrot each day, Jack has her out most days. She plays with the boys now when they come to visit. Even Freddie has had a shot of riding her." Jenny turned back to the small ornaments and smirked. "I have. I wanted to call him Goldilocks after the book Edward and I read. But I thought it better to call him Locks. Though when your father asked I said I call him Edwardio." She said chuckling gently. "Made him smile at least." Jenny spoke to the young woman behind the stall and bought both the snowflake and the horse. The younger freckled woman took her time wrapping them carefully as Jenny glanced back to Frederick. "I've not been allowed on my horse since before you left. I go see him. But they watch me. Make sure I don't do anything stupid." She said with a small tinge of anger. She hated being treated like a child. She was with child not one.

Once they had paid and the ornaments were in Jenny's bag, they set off again. Towards the rides now. "M...Maybe before we head for lunch, we can do one last thing." She said tugging him closer to the painted horses, how the soft song flooded the fair. "Please...I haven't gone on it since I was like 12." She said pouting. She knew she would be forced into one of the small carriages but she wanted to go back on it. They had another half n hour before lunch easily, but they still had to walk there. She just wanted to do this. Just this one thing.

All the RP's!
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Frederick kept popping those chestnuts into his mouth, he nibbled happily on each and every single one of them. Never had chestnuts tasted so good! He happily paid for the ornaments that would decorate the Christmas tree at the seaside house, even if he himself was never to see this particular tree himself. He thanked the young woman that had sold them the ornaments, and watched Jenny as she gestured towards those painted horses of one of the rides. He smiled, he himself felt little for such rides and was not all that sure if he was to join her or just eat the chestnuts while watching her ride those rides all by herself. "I do not see a reason why you can not enjoy yourself with those rides. You really never been on one?" He asked her as he chewed on a chestnut. He could not imagine that someone never rode those things, it was just something every single child had done in his or her life. IT was not something you just could not do, it was a part of your upbringing.

He could see by her reaction that he had asked her a rather stupid question. Of course she had never rode those damn things, they could buy food or coals for the money that it would cost to have one child ride those damn things. Let alone 4 children. "S.. sorry, I did not think ... well.. that means you have to ride it at least twice now! One time for little girl Jenny who always wanted to go for a ride. And the second one for the older Jenny, just because there are no rules against grown ups riding those painted horses!". He pushed the small paper bag with the chestnuts into the pocket of his coat and walked straight towards the very first ride he set his eyes upon. "You need to do everything at this fair, even the smallest, stupidest thing. We will come back here after lunch, making sure that you have done everything you wish to do.. and then some. Those are the rules for the day!I will not take no for an answer" He said to her as he digged in his pocket and took out a few coins. "So! were do you wish to start?!"

The Scottish Fluff
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Her eyes dragged over to the bobbing painted horses as he spoke. No she hadn't. She had longed to. Every Christmas she watched the other children go. But for them. A shot on the horses meant nothing to eat that day. And she preferred the chestnuts. But she longed for it so much at times. It looked brilliant. "It's quite alright darling." She said softly, her eyes still on the small carriage with gold trimmings. She had gotten used to the assumptions made by those in his class. When Mrs Darling asked if her if she had tried this new baby store. It was where all the mothers went, had her mother not...The topic was quickly changed much to Jenny's amusement. Jenny tore her eyes away from the fake horses and back to him. "B...But." She said softly, glancing around her. There was so much to do. Such little time and her feet were already starting to hurt. "W.what about we start with the horses. Then we go to lunch...and see from there hm?" She asked him with a small smile.

She tugged him towards the queue. She was lucky that there were quite a few adults in line. All young couples. Jenny held his arm tight as they closer and closer to the front of the queue. Her smile grew with every person that left before them. Almost to the point of splitting her cheeks, she looked that gleeful. Once Frederick had placed two coins in the open hand of the man at the end of the queue, he gestured for them to go up. Jenny was scrambling up and heading to that golden carriage before Frederick could even put a foot on the ride. She plonked down and had a massive Cheshire smile atop her face. Her hands placed over her lap, waiting on her husband to join her. When he finally sat, the ride started to slowly gear up. She nearly bounced in her seat, "Ohhhh oh it's starting." She said like a child. It moved slowly forward and she let out a small squeal. "Ohhhh it's moving!!" She gripped his arm tight. "T...This is wonderful." Jenny curled up tight to him. They had this ride then they really needed to leave to head for lunch.

All the RP's!
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Now, Frederick wasn't the kind of man that liked rides, his whole mind kept telling him how dangerous it was for him to be in that deadtrap that was this Christmas ride. Jenny would be fine! As would be their first born, but he? Nope.. With his long frame, his spider like legs and that massive beard he would be in danger. But he did follow Jenny, his hands gently shaking as he stepped upon the ride, and heard Jenny dashing toward the one seat she wanted he knew that his life would be over rather soon. But if Jenny wanted to do this he was not to ruin the fun for her. He sat down, his hands still shaking and as the ride started to move, he grabbed the sides of the golden carriage and took in a deep breath.

He did not like the ride as much as Jenny did, but he did relax more and more as the ride moved. He grew a smile, finally realizing that the ride would not hurt or kill him. Hell, it was pretty fun to do! "This.. this is fun!" he said, letting go of the carriage as he sat there feeling rather relaxed. Why on earth had he ever feared this! This was awesome! He placed his hand on that of Jenny, he smiled and smiled as the ride went round and round until it finally stopped. "No, no.. we shall go around one more time.. just one more time." He said as the owner of the ride walked towards them to help them out "One more time please.. Its Christmas after all" He smiled sweetly, the kind of smile that Jenny would show him if she wanted something from him. The owner just shrugged and held out his hand for the coins that Frederick paid him for a second. "I promise we go for lunch after this... but I want a second ride" he said to Jenny before pressing a kiss against her lips.

The Scottish Fluff
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Her eyes were on the fake horses before them. The white peeling paint around their ears, the red saddle and the woven reins attached to the creatures mouth. She didn't notice him trembling, nor how he gripped the side of the carriage tight. Only when she glanced back as the ride started did she notice how pale he had gotten. She blinked rapidly and tried to take his hand. But as soon as she had pried his hand free to hold, he was enjoying himself. She grinned widely at him and just as soon as it started, it finished. Her smile slowly started to drop and she knew she had to move. Hearing him request one more time, well it made her heart sing. She nodded frantically and watched the coins be pressed into the man's hand. "Of course." She said her words soon muted by his lips. She moved herself closer, pressing her lips a little harder against his.

It was only the jolting move of the ride that pulled her away. Jenny smirked and rested her head on his shoulder. It was like they were home in a carriage, if she concentrated on his hand in hers and the white ears of the horses. Not the grey, not the horrible greyness of London. Jenny lost herself in the thought and once again, only the slowing down ride brought her back to reality. She knew they had to leave now. But she happily accepted the man's hand when he offered it to her. She dropped down onto the ground again and felt her ankles nearly give away. Only a tight grip on Fredericks arm kept her upright. "I..I think it is time for lunch." She said softly, chuckling as some children rushed past. She watched them run away, even the smallest one who toddled behind not wanting to be left alone in the crowds. She took his arm again and started to lead him through the crowd again.

"We are having lunch at a lovely small restaurant called Annabella's." She glanced up at him. "I think they will already be there." Jenny hated the cobbles, but it was the quickest way. So she toughed it out and made her way across the cobbles, keeping that tight grip on Frederick's arm. Eventually she saw him. Standing outside the front door, his scarf on tight and his hands stuffed in his pockets. Jenny tried to wave as best as she could and the man was already on his way towards them. Jenny let go of his arm in time for Frederick to realise that Williams was joining them for dinner. Williams got closer, ready to pull the man into a tight hug. He had missed his son. Jenny winked at the man before glancing through the window. Mary, David and Noah were already waiting in the warmth. The little boy already had a small lump of bread in his fist.

All the RP's!
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Frederick was rather nervous as they walked towards 'Annabella's' the restaurant where he would meet some of his friends. He wasn't all that sure who would be there, and who would be still home. His mind kept racing, thinking of all the possibilities of who could be there, he even wondered if his father was considered a 'friend' who was to join for lunch at a restaurant that he properly did not like (seeing it had the name of a woman, or any name like that. He hated it) He automaticly pushed his hands into his pockets, a sign that he was uncomfortable. He so badly hoped that Williams would be there, of all the people in the world... he was the most important to him (which is pretty unfair towards Jenny, he knows!). It was clear to him right away who that figure was standing outside the restaurant, he knew that scarf, that coat, the small but round frame, the white hair sticking from underneath the hat he knew all to well. His smile grew and grew, his cheeks hurting as he quickly gave Jenny a small kiss before dashing towards the one man he loved like nobody else.

This made Williams so happy! he could see that Frederick had changed in a good way. He looked healthy and as he came dashing towards him the old man ran as good as he could (well.. waddled) towards his 'son'. The only thing missing really was a field full of flowers! it was as if they ran in slow motion as they finally wrapped their arms around one and other. "WILLIAMS!!!" Frederick cried out "FREDERICK!!!" Williams cried as loud as his young master. The two hugged as if they were lovers, and did not let go of each other until Jenny had finally reached them. The man were still hugging though, and as they noticed Jenny they quickly let go. "What took you two so long! I have been waiting outside for 2 minutes, its freezing cold" Williams said slightly irritated, though his smile betrayed that he was not as angry as he sounded. "It is so good to see you two together again! Christmas truly is a miracles day. Now, inside.. inside! It is to cold to stand here.. come on, David and Mary wish to see you as well.. and Noah needs to see who his parents are working for.. " The older man said as he took Jenny's arm, knowing fully well that Frederick would nearly run into the restaurant to see both David and Mary.

"He looks well" Wililams said, as Frederick nearly tripped as he quickly moved into the restaurant. "Always a child that man, you soon will have two children to raise" he said, gently smiling at Jenny as he helped her inside, while Frederick was already standing at the table, hugging Mary so tight she might brake in half. "How are you fairing Jenny, are you alright?" he asked her as he helped her out of her coat.

The Scottish Fluff
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Seeing that smile made it all worth while. It made the long journey, it made the horrible looks she got worth something. She felt his brief kiss and then he was off. Running towards Williams full force, nearly toppling the man over. Jenny waddled her way towards them, her back slowly starting to hurt with every step. "We went on a ride that's why?" Jenny managed to chuckle as he stomped his feet. Jenny took William's arm and was happily lead into the warmth. "He does." She said with a small smile. She nodded but her eyes were watching Frederick say hello to the others. She let him tug the jacket off her as she dragged her eyes back to him. Giving him a warm smile, she enjoyed the man's company more than ever. He tried to keep an eye on her and she needed a friend more than ever. He was some part of Frederick and she spent many a evening in his company.

"I am good. I have my doctors orders. We enjoyed the fair. I think he loved the carousel." She said sweetly. Williams pulled out a chair for her and she sat down. Cooing at Noah sweetly, he gurgled gently at her fingertips and grabbed one with a chubby hand. David stood and shook Frederick's hand, being polite rather than friendly. Mary was not letting go, she was hugging that man with all her might. Jenny let her shoulders sink, she felt a huge weight slide off her shoulders. Food was waiting and she was getting hungry. Noah was gurning now, he wanted fed and Mary was taking her sweet time with Frederick. David picked up Noah and bounced him up to show him to Frederick. His bright blonde hair was starting to come through and his eyes were massive and a deep blue. He watched Frederick until the man spoke.

The beard moved and the child squealed in delight. Grinning widely and trying to grab at it. David handed the child to Frederick when he wanted to take the baby. David sat down and started a conversation with Williams. Talking about the plans for later that day. They were going to be heading to Mary's parent's later that day. Then tomorrow they were spending the day there. It was the day after Christmas that they were heading back to Humbie. Jenny would stay as long as she could but her time with Frederick was so very limited. So she wanted every moment she could with him. She managed to get Mary's attention, "C..Can you come with me? I need to speak to the chef." Mary nodded and Jenny stood slowly, pushing herself up. Mary kept a hand in the small of Jenny's back as they walked, she knew where the pain started from her own experience. Jenny needed to speak to this chef, to change what she had originally ordered.

Page 455 of 508 FirstFirst ... 405453454455456457505 ... LastLast