Page 1 of 508 12351 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] My Fair Lady (ScottishGal/ Dark Pigeon)

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    All the RP's!
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Default [M] My Fair Lady (ScottishGal/ Dark Pigeon)

Rated M for: violence, language, sexuality, discrimination.

27 March 1843; Victorian England, London.

The winter finally had left the city of London, the snow was finally gone and made the streets seem normal again. It was a long winter, colder than normal it seemed that it sucked all the live out of every single creature. The mood of almost every single person had changed, their faces grown hard and tired and hardly anyone was smiling, even the birds weren't singing their songs and the cats had stopped caching the mice for weeks on end. But now the weather had changed people started to feel alive again. The butcher was whistling his tune, the flower girls singing their songs, the birds where showing themselves again and even the first butterfly's had been seen around the flower stands. The whole city was coming back to live.

It was around 9.30 in the evening and the The Haymarket Theatre just opened his doors to let his visitors out. The rich filled the streets within minutes and with that the horse drawn carriages came back to live. The drivers whipped their animals and made them troth to the sidewalks, picking up costumers who wanted to go home. It went slow as always, and most of the men and women standing in the sidewalk started to talk about the show Pygmalion they just had witnessed, it was a new show. And tonight it was the first night it was on stage. Most of the people where very impressed by the play and where talking loudly about it as well. Between al the noise was a young man, he did not look any older than 32 and was known for his distant and somewhat narcissistic personality. Mister Frederick Mensdorff was his name and with him was his only friend (and the only person who could stand Mensdorff) Mister Darling a 28 young man who always had a smile on his face, even during the long cold winter. They both knew each other from their childhood years and both loved to visit the theaters, they both where well known around the theater district but occasionally loved to venture out and see new plays in new theaters.

We better head out of here, I do not wish to stand in this crowded mess any longer. Mensdorff said, trying to get to the front end of the line, he had his way of not pushing but still forcing people away with his presents alone he was hoping hard to catch one of the first carriages. But as everyone els he had to be patience and he never liked that. He seemed spoiled that way, looking down on others like they where nothing els than little insects he would love to crush under his cane."Calm down Frederick you will get there before the clocks strike ten. That bottle of whiskey you have been talking about, will still be there. Mister Darling said, trying to make his friend stop pushing people aside with his mind. What did you think about the show, I find it to be hilarious and genius. A rich man trying to make a young poor girl look and play the part of a Duchess. Mister Darling laughed thinking about it. Some faces turned around, looking at him with dismay. But Darling never minded that, he always been a free spirited man. Mensdorff on the other hand was a stiff man. Even he looked at his friend shaking his head in disbelieve "For once behave yourself George, we are surounded by ... before he even could finish is sentence Darling spoke Vultures, harpys, rattlesnakes? Mensdorff looked at his friend in shock and looked around if anyone heard. But nobody seemed to heard Darling. He smiled for a while, he did agree with is friend to some level. Well, yes.. but don't say that to loud. You might make the women faint. Mensdorff whispered to his friend.

(( and there ScottichGal the story begins))
    Last edited by Dark Pigeon; 12-09-2013 at 08:11 PM.
    Sorry for the many mistakes, Im a little bit dyslectic. If there are to many mistakes it means my personal translator is having a live. So no worries they will be fixed.

The Scottish Fluff
    Willing to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

The snow had finally left the city, Jenny sighed deeply in relief, they had nearly lost little Tommy during winter. Jenny pulled her shawl tighter around her as she walked towards the Rose.

Jenny passed a few stalls shutting for the night. They shouted to her and she raised her hand in a wave before hollering loud back at them. She grinned wide as she dipped her hat in a silly manner. She kept up her pace as she neared the tavern.
    Jenny scurried past the new theatre, it stood proud in the street. She skipped quietly and quickly over the cobbles as she set her sights on the Rose. She scoffed at the men and women before the theatre, all dressed in rich clothes. Her brown dress had seen better days and her shawl had many mending’s. She frowned at the buildings as she ran the last of the street. She opened the door wide and the warmth of the Tavern instantly warmed her.

“Love… Yer late?” The brash voice was heard throughout the tavern as a few heads swung around at her presence. Jenny raised an eyebrow and grinned, she closed the door and walked over to the large man with a massive beard. He stood with a frown at a terrifying height, she merely grinned at him and flounced past him.

“At least I turned up, Joe. Better than could be said ‘bout Sarah.” She winked and grabbed an apron and a tray. She pushed past him and threw him a smile as she began her rounds of picking up glasses. A few men hollered at her and she only grinned at them. It was the young lad who had too much to drink, he sat in the corner with some friends and grabbed her bum when she walked past.

Jenny promptly turned, glanced at Joe, who had raised his eyebrows and downed the drink on her tray over the mans head. “Oi, No touchin’ mate.” She said with venom in her voice. The man rose in anger and Jenny folded her arms and raised her eyebrows.
    She knew by the man’s face that he had clocked Joe standing a few steps behind her. The ale soaked man pushed past her and out into the street. He stumbled slightly and Jenny grabbed his satchel before rushing the door and throwing it at him, it struck his chest and he stumbled back.

She grinned wildly “ Aye and don’t come back” She hollered loudly and scanned the street outside and nodded to herself before turning with a flourish and letting the door slam.

All the RP's!
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

It seemed to go slower this time, carriages slowly moved away picking up there costumers and to make matters worse it started to softly rain again. Mensdorff looked at his friend Darling who slowly grew a big evil grin on his face, he knew what was coming and already started to frown deeply "for the love of god Darling, please not now" the man muttered "Ill pay the next ten theatre shows, just don't do this to me now". But the smile on Darlings face got bigger and bigger "I remember a certain man loosing a bet, and if I remember correctly he would take me to a bar and have a pleasant night of drinking and singing with yours truly Darling said with a wicked smile on his face. "I remember passing 'the rose' when we got here, a nice bar for the working folk. Perfect for us to drink, sing talk to the women and.... ow yes, if you even are gifted with the possibility of it.. smile."
    Mensdorff slowly lowered his head and sighted. There was only one thing he could do now....

They finally passed the public of the theater and went down the street towards 'the rose'. Darling smiling and already singing some songs, and Mensdorff walking behind him like this would be his last day on earth. He hated 'fun' he did not aprove of 'drinking and singing' and women, well. Don't get him started about that. Darling pointed out the sign outside the bar and looked back towards his friend, he laughed softly watching Mensdorff in agony and he wasn't shy about it. Before Darling could open up the door a man came flying out, smelling of ale and not able to stand on his feet from being horribly dronk. "The right place!" Darling said, and almost got hit by the door that got slammed shot. "Dear Mensdorff, may I introduce to you 'the rose' A bar where every men and women are the same. Where you can drink and sing, dance and enjoy live to the full extend of the coin you cary. He took a mocking bow towards Mensdorff and opened up the door towards the tavern, letting in Mensdorff.
    Sorry for the many mistakes, Im a little bit dyslectic. If there are to many mistakes it means my personal translator is having a live. So no worries they will be fixed.

The Scottish Fluff
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Jenny dusted down the table where the man had been sitting with a grin on her face. She picked up her tray and walked back over to Joe. She winked at him as she squeezed past him to wash out the glasses.

"You huv any problems love? You come to me alrigh'" Joe said with a warmth in his voice. Jenny smiled at the man, he was like an uncle to her. He had been friends with her father in their youth and took her under his wing when her father was in the fields away from the family.

"Aye, Joe. I'll keep it in mind." She smiled at him and wiped her hands on her apron.

"Look at this love, I think they've got mixed up these two."
    Jenny snapped her head around at Joe's comments and saw two men richly dressed standing in the doorway. She raised her eyebrows.
    " Well, Well what do we have here?" She grinned at him and walked past Joe towards the men. She rested her tray on her hip and stood before the men with a smirk on her face.

" Lookin' for a drink, Sir?" She said with raised eyebrows, she looked over the men, both were ridiculously handsome and there clothes cost more than Jenny would earn in her whole life.
    She threw her hand over to an empty table. " Do sit, Sirs." There were giggles behind her, as the regular patrons watched her put on a show.
    She grinned and turned with a flourish "Two ales coming right up" She walked letting her hips sway in her dress. She reached Joe, who grinned at her and ruffled her hair. She pushed him away and stuck her tongue out at him before pouring two ales.

All the RP's!
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

"I hate you Darling, more then you could possibly know" Mensdorff whispered towards Darling, his hand tightened around the head of his cane, making his knuckles turn white. Darling just had been smiling politely towards Jenny Two ale's please Darling said smiling politely towards Jenny

Darling was the kind of man that loved to be around all kinds of people, he would stop to talk to beggars and buy the flowers off flower girls just to make them feel appreciated. The rose was his kind of bar, he never liked the gentleman's clubs or the many party's thrown by the rich. He favored the dancing, singing and loud girls. Mensdorff on the other hand was his direct opposite. He could spend days on end in his house, alone drawing and designing buildings. He hated social interaction and found them to be difficult but necessary. If he did go out he favored the theater, gentleman's clubs and any kind of party to keep his contacts and spread his work.

Cheer up mate, I heard from one of the flower girls they serve the best ale in the city over here. They cant say that about the Gentleman's clubs now can they?. Mensdorff followed Darling to the empty seats, he could feel the stares of the other costumers, making him feel well aware he was out of place here. When they reached the seats he looked at them in shock, for him they where dirty and he thought he could see a build-up of ale from the last few decades upon the wood. Its because they never been there, nor will they ever. Do they lick the ale of the seats here? its horrible look at it?" he said, unfolding the handkerchief to place it over his seat. He could hear some of the men behind him laugh when he did it, with Darling joining them. Just sit down Frederick, loosen up and enjoy yourself. Now that was spunky waitress, you don't get them like that where you go. Over here they give it to you like it is. I love that, no backstabbing, just ale in your face and a foot in your crotch. Darling said to distract Mensdorff from men laughing at him. Carefully Mensdorff sat down, resting his hands on his cane, to afraid to touch anything around him.

The Scottish Fluff
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Jenny smiled at Joe whose gaze was fixated on the new men. "What?" She said as She placed the ales on her tray.

"Just somthin' don't feel right is all" He glanced at her and folded his arms again. She sighed and moved past him, she smiled at the customers, she stopped and chatted loudly to them for moments. She glanced over at the men and raised an eyebrow high, one had produced a handkerchief and was acting rather ridgid. Jenny grinned knowing what she was going to do. She walked over to them and placed the ales before them with a flourish.

Some men laughed at the table behind them and Jenny threw a smile at the men. "Here ya are ma darlings" She said smiling widely at the men.

"Now tell me gents, what you doin' in this part of town?" She grinned particularlly at the man with the cane , knowing full well he was feeling incredibly uncomfortable in his current surrondings. She bent down slightly and lent her elbows on the table and then her face in her hands, she smiled at the men.

"Oh come on, keep a girl interested will ya"

All the RP's!
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

"Fredrick here lost a bet" Darling said with the biggest smile in the world "So I made him go into a real bar, drink some ale and who knows. We might see him smile for the first time in his live! Darling picked up his ale and started drinking "I see the flower girls where right, this ale is good" he raised his mug and nodded towards Jenny. Mister Mensdorff just sat there, looking at Jenny like she was the most filthy thing he seen all week. He watched how Darling picked up his mug of ale and started drinking already. He looked at the mugs of ale and pushed his mug away "how is it possible, that mug is dirtier than the waitress" he said "Im not drinking a drop from that, who knows what kind of deceases are festering inside this ale" Darling looked at his friend "You are not getting out of here until you are drunk Frederick, you lost I won it is how it is. Darling said, pushing back the mug of ale "And the mugs are clean as they can be, now drink up. Stop being such a horrible guest"

The Scottish Fluff
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Jenny grinned at the man as he spoke, he had a lovely smile and made her feel all warm inside. "Smile this 'un. I dunno you seem a gumpy guts" She regarded the other man with a smirk. He was staring at her with pure disgust. She stood up and crossed her arms across her chest. She frowned slightly . "Have I said somthin' to offend the sir?" She said with venom.

"how is it possible, that mug is dirtier than the waitress"
    She felt her frown deepened but smiled sweetly at the man. "Oh sir, I'm much dirtier than you think" She grinned at him and winked , she then grabbed his drink and took a large gulp before placing it before him again. She then reached forward and planted a kiss on his cheek and turning with a flick of her hip and making her way back over to Joe. She made a face at him.

"Whut was that about" He said gruffly as he stared at the men.
    She grinned "Nuthin' just toyin with them is all"

"Well the uppity un looks all flustered. you watch yurself girl"

All the RP's!
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Darling was dumpfounded, when he saw the girl picking up the mug he thought she would be trowing it in Mensdorff's face. But instead his old time friend got kissed. Never in a million years he would thought a woman (besides Mensdorffs mother) would kiss Mensdorff out of free will. He took the mug to his lips again and took a large gulp of ale, trying hard not to laugh.

Mensdorff himself was just shocked, his skinn turning pale with angry frustration when he thought about what just happened. He got insulted by a poor girl, a waitress in a filthy tavern. And to make matters worse people started to laugh even louder at the table next to him. "breath Fredrick.. breath.. stay calm" Darling said, placing his mug on the table and leaning towards his friend to keep him in his seat. "That dirty girl touched me, I am outraged! Mensdorff said to Darling, trying to find his handkerchief in his pocket. It took him some time to realize he was sitting on it. But luckily for him Darling offered his, and handed it out. Mensdorff started to wipe his face where the lovely girl just placed a kiss, looking at her like he could shoot fire out of his eyes.

"you got lucky she did not trow the ale in your face Frederick, you have been insulting her since you came into the tavern." Darling explained, looking at his friend "She was mucking us since we came in, and why would I treath her any way better. Look at her? she is asking for it. Her use of the English language is horrid, she walks around in... that ... that.. filth. Her posture reminds me of the cavemen. If she would just try, she could be far better off. She could be working in a real shop. But if you ask me she would not even be worth the try, people like her are lazy and to self centered. If you ask me, she deserves non better than that. I bet that if I to over to make her into a real Lady she would refuse. " Mensdorff said.

OI! JEN! A man sitting at the table next to that of Darling and Mensdorff yelled across the bar. He was a big man, all muscle and in his late 40's and worked at the building site of the new parliament Them be say'n that they can make ya into one of them real lady! He yelled, pointing his sausage fingers towards Mensdorff. Make ya rich and all fancy like.

The Scottish Fluff
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Jenny stood and watched the men with a hand on her hip. She glanced up at Joe "He called me dirty" She said with a sigh. The mans face grew red and he took a step forward.
    She jumped before him " Eh, stop there. Don't you wory I can handle them myself"

Suddenly a voice boomed in the tavern, she turned to see Tam grinning at her.
    "OI! JEN!"
    " Them be say'n that they can make ya into one of them real lady! Make ya rich and all fancy like."

She raised her eyebrows and moved quickly to the large man. " I'd like tae see im try" She grinned and pecked a kiss on the mans cheek. She turned and apeared before the two rich gentlmen.

"Make me a real lady eh?" She grinned and curtseyed low. "I'm sure someon' could turn you into a real gentleman sir, with yer words from afore" She said with venom, she moved quickly and pressed another kiss to the man with the massive grin on his face opposite his cane bearing friend and swept away to pick up more glasses.

Page 1 of 508 12351 ... LastLast