Page 2 of 214 FirstFirst 123452 ... LastLast

Thread: ❣ Crossed Lines ❣

RPA's Foul Mouthed Pixie
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

The sergeant was certain then at the kid's wild remarks. It was silent outside and nothing was scratching at the doors. The kid had totally lost his mind. Unfortunately Jerome never had to deal with people who had PTSD before, so he just picked the kid up, threw him over his shoulder, and dragged him downstairs.
    "That looked professional." Admiral Thomas commented as he watched the display of the sergeant carrying the kid into the kitchen and forcefully sitting him into a chair. "You could have at least bribed him into coming down with hot cocoa."
    The sergeant ignored him though and pointed a finger at Zakai. "Nothing is down here, see? No scratching, no monsters, no zombies. Everything is fine. This place might just be the most safest place in New York at the moment. Nothing is going to hurt you."
    "Besides your own mind." Admiral Thomas added, but the sergeant refused to pay attention to him still. "Come now, Sergeant, this place is bound to have some tea bags. Go make some over a fire. It settles people down."
    "Admiral Thomas, are you in charge?" The sergeant questioned back. "I hardy think tea is going to make all of this any better. The kid has lost his mind-"
    "He's suffering. That doesn't mean he's lost his mind." The admiral calmly interrupted, "Last night Colton was doing the same thing. I couldn't keep him still long enough to stop the bleeding in his neck until I had to knock him out. PTSD is commonly misunderstood. It's not insanity. Now, if you would go make some tea, please."
    The sergeant stared at him for a long moment before deciding it was no use in arguing with the man. He vanished into the kitchen to go start up some tea. In the mean time, the admiral beckoned for Zakai to come close.

Blake rubbed her back soothingly in response to hearing about her pitiful attempt at sleeping last night. "It's okay. You're only human." He assured her before stepping out of bed. "I think I'm going to take the hour we have before the zombies come out to go find some food. I don't think this place will have very much food to feed all these mouths. And there's not really any time to waste." He commented while looking around the room with a confused expression on his face. "This is totally a girl's room."

​Beautiful Nightmare

Member of the Month October
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Varies
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Zakai freaked out even more when the sergeant picked him up and he started struggling and writhing to get free of his grip. "Stop it! They're there! They're trying to get in! Let go! You don't understand!"
    When he was plopped down onto the chair, he only started shivering even more violently. He was going to die! Those things were going to come in and get him. When the sergeant pointed at him, Zakai only shook his head, "You're lying." he said softly. He could still hear them. When he said that he had lost his mind, Zakai almost felt like yelling at him. He hadn't lost his mind! He could really hear them! Why wasn't he listening? Before he could, however, someone spoke up in his defense. He looked over at the other person at the table. He hadn't been paying attention to anything except the noises and the guy who had yanked him down here. He was still visibly shaking, but he froze up. Admiral Thomas. What was he doing here? He was dead. Colton had shot him. He remembered. The sergeant left and the Admiral was motioning for him to come over. Zakai stared at him blankly for a moment before cautiously standing from the chair and approaching the man, his shaking becoming even more violent with every step he took because... well, for a lot of reasons. The one that stood out most was the fact that the only things that came back to life were zombies and monsters. He stopped in front of the man and continued staring.

Avi and Sig made possible by: Kicks!
    Because she is the awesomest in all of ever!

who knows
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Faye frowned when Blake got out of the bed and said he was going to get some food. She didn't want him out there by himself but she also didn't have the energy to go along with him. "Well hurry back." She said sadly and got out of bed herself with intentions of checking on the others. Faye wrapped her arms around Blake though in a deep hug then placed her chin on his chest and looked up at him. "Be careful." She whispered softly.

RPA's Foul Mouthed Pixie
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

When Zakai drew near to him, the admiral reached out and patted him on his shoulder. "I believe you, kiddo. Because you're right. They're out there." He whispered to him while pointing towards the front door. It was the truth in a sense. Monsters and zombies were outside. But they were hiding and waiting for their right times to come out just as they had in California. "But they're not right outside. They're hiding for another hour. I was outside about five minutes ago and nothing was moving." He retracted his wrinkled hand away and rested it on the table. "So why don't you sit down for a minute and take a few deep breaths, okay?"

- - - Updated - - -

"Ah but danger is my middle name." Blake joked back with a chuckle. He gave her a quick hug though just to reassure her, and then he left the room. "Carson! Let's go be raccoons!"
    "Is raccoons a real word?" The brunette asked as he appeared downstairs. He had been awake all night watching over a certain redhead. She didn't know anything about it, but that was a good thing because he didn't want her to know. He had just been worried is all. She had been exhausted from making so many things and had just passed out on the couch downstairs. So he took the liberty of being her angel for the night.
    "I frankly don't care if it is or isn't." Blake answered honestly while he led the brunette towards the door. "Are you hungry or not?"
    "Hungry!" Carson agreed while following out earnestly.

​Beautiful Nightmare

who knows
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As the two left Faye felt slightly relieved that Carson had gone along. She also went down the stairs and wandered the house searching for the others to find the Captain and Red both passed out on the couches. Thank God the captain had made it back alive, he looked exhausted though, so Faye continued on through the house and into the kitchen where she found it empty.

Member of the Month October
    Varies
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Zakai stared at the admiral for a moment. He believed him. A monster wouldn't do that. He wasn't a monster. He was alive. He wasn't dead. The sounds were still echoing through his head, but he did as he was told and took a deep breath, calming down a little, still shivering slightly. Gradually the sounds subsided and he wasn't as scared, but he wouldn't stop shaking. This was just like when they had first met it felt like, except he wasn't nearly as suspicious of him as he had been then. He looked at the admiral.
    "W-w-what the heck? I thought you were dead." he stared at the man, then held his arms out, "Can I hug you?"
    It was a very weird question, but he was happy and relieved. Admiral Thomas was okay. He hadn't actually died. He was okay.

Avi and Sig made possible by: Kicks!
    Because she is the awesomest in all of ever!

RPA's Foul Mouthed Pixie
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

After they were a block away, Carson finally spoke up to break the silence between them: "Your cousin is hot when she sleeps. If I didn't have so much self control, I would have taken advantage of her."
    "I'm going to punch your bloody face in if you say something like that again." Blake promised him in a calm voice. He stopped at the supermarket he had been expected to be a mess. There were abandoned shopping carts, murdered civilians, and blood all over.
    "Fine." Carson sighed back before following in after him. A horrified expression crossed his face as he looked around. He rose a hand to his mouth to fight back the stench of decay while a hard lump formed in his throat.
    "You'll get used to it." Blake told him with a somber expression. He grabbed a cart and separated from the other teenager who he assumed would find things all on his own.
    Carson hesitantly grabbed a cart and went into another direction. He was still gagging as he walked along. Every time he came across a new body bile would rise in his throat.

​Beautiful Nightmare

RPA's Foul Mouthed Pixie
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

"You're taking me being alive a lot more calmly than Colton did." Admiral Thomas commented after their silence was broken and Zakai had calmed down substantially. "He thought I was a monster, which I can't really blame him for. Still, electricity doesn't feel too good when it hits you." He murmured thoughtfully. He was still wondering why the captain had used electricity instead of a gun to take him on. Probably because the gun hadn't killed him the first time. "Anyways, each mutant has their own ability. Mine just happens to be useful in situations involving health." He looked at the child as a bemused expression crossed over his face. He had never been asked for a hug before. But the gesture of it was adorable and childish, reminding him once more how extraordinary this kid was. "Yes, I suppose you can hug me so long as you don't bite me."

​Beautiful Nightmare

who knows
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Faye didn't find anyone else in the house which made her wonder where Zakai and the Sergeant had gone. Sitting down at the table, Faye dropped her head onto it and sighed. She wondered how long they'd be on this house? Would she get another night to attempt to sleep or would they be up until four a.m. only to start another day at five? It was becoming essential for Faye to get some good sleep or her health would probably start falling more.

RPA's Foul Mouthed Pixie
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

The sergeant came out from the fire he had made somehow outside. He had put the fire out with a hose and made sure there was no smoke to give away their position to the zombies. He grabbed the kettle he had boiled the tea in and came back inside through the front door. Into the kitchen he went where he found enough cups for the people at the table.
    The man poured the tea into the cups. He then grabbed a cutting board to use it as a tray that way he didn't have to make two trips or spill anything in one. He placed the cups down on the cutting board and then left back into the dining area where he not only found that Zakai wanted a hug from the long lost Admiral, but Faye had also joined them.
    He glanced down at the tea, frowned and then returned to the kitchen. A moment later he returned with more tea and put it down on the table with a victorious grin. "Ha! Enough for everyone!"

​Beautiful Nightmare

Page 2 of 214 FirstFirst 123452 ... LastLast