Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 123452 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] In Search of Honour {Naraness X Juni} IC

The Froggiest
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)

After Genevera had told the Prince what she knew, the answers that he had requested, the Prince said nothing to her. She looked to him, waiting for more questions as he took notes of what she said. He then looked up at her and stood quietly, offering to help her with her wound. "It's...nothing...it'll be healed...in a few hours," she assured him, knowing that was a lie. It depended on how long she would be kept here, answering questions. He didn't seem interested in this however, and she watched as he tenderly dabbed ointment to her wound, looking at him with soft and curious eyes as he bound it in a manner that would stop the bleeding soon enough.

"Thank you," she said, gently holding her bandaged elbow with her other hand and looking at him in surprise.

The prince paused and for a moment she believed that he would be asking her more questions, but instead he suggested that she return to her home. She was weary, the sun had already gone down and she did not like traveling alone at night. Not to mention the fact that she was scheduled off for the next two days and would have to come back on her time off, but she understood the need for it. "Are you...sure your majesty?" she asked him curiously, looking at him with confusion. It was then that the doors to the room flew open and a guard fell to his knees, looking up to the Prince. "We've gotten a confession...three of them!" the guard announced, remaining respectfully on his knees.

Genevera just looked to the prince in shock, wondering what his next course of action would be and what he would do with her with this newfound information. She just wanted to go home.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Good old Fantasy, with new twists.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Castiel's relief was obvious. He bowed politely to the guards. "Thank you, your efforts are well appreciated in the good of the kingdom." He smiled, dismissing them kindly. Relief flooded him. Later, he would have to learn of their motive. He still couldn't fathom why anyone would want to harm his sweet sister.

The prince turned to Genevera, smiling brightly. "See now? I knew that the truth would be found." He took a step towards her. "Good should never be uprooted in the pursuit to bring evil to justice." He glanced momentarily out the window, seeing that the time had grown quite late. Far across the kingdom, faint lights had begun to shine through the night. He looked back at Genevera. "I Know you don't want any reward, but... Let me walk you home." He offered gently. "It's the least I could do, you've had a long day, and you saved my little sister." His smile shone with honesty. "Beside that, no fair maiden should be walking alone in the dark. It would simply be wrong for me to let you do so." He gracefully offered her his arm, hoping that she would accept.
    Spoiler: Clicky clicky -------> 

The Froggiest
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)

Genevera could see the relief that seemed to wash over the Prince, and she was feeling it as well. The confessions meant that she could go home, so she assumed, and she was dreadfully tired. She had never interacted much with the Prince, and she was surprised with how kind he had been all evening. She wasn't use to this sort of treatment and it made her question her opinions of the royal family.

The prince then turned to her and spoke, and for the first time since she had served him she offered him a genuine smile. "Thank you. You have been very kind," Genevera said, her voice soft, quiet and above all respectful. She too looked out the window and noticed the faint glow of lights resonating throughout the city and sighed softly. She lived roughly a half hour into the city outskirts and began considering staying the night again and taking the journey in the morning. It was then that the Prince turned to look at her at she was surprised by his offer.

"Are you sure your majesty?" she asked him as he came over to her, gracefully offering his arm. "I must warn you...my home is a half hour's walk into the outskirts. You haven't even had dinner yet, and what of on your journey back? Who will walk with you?" she asked him with concern as she rose gracefully from the chair, a greater feeling of relief washing over her as she pushed it in. She offered him a small smile and couldn't help but to be concerned for his safety, hoping that he would at least request a guard to accompany them so that he would have protection on his journey back.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The prince found himself surprised and dazzled by the maiden's smile. For a while, he'd been sure he'd never seen happiness on her face. Secretly he stowed a vow in his mind to make her smile as often as he could. Seeing the beautiful curve of her lips was reward enough in itself.

"Oh now don't worry, Miss." He said assuredly. "I'll take a horse, and get you back in time for dinner. There are many who I know and trust in the city, so I'm most certain that should trouble befall me, I'll be aided by an ally. As for dinner, well... Missing a meal won't hurt. I can always sneak into the kitchen when I get back." He grinned. "Thank you for your concern, however."

With complete gentlemanliness and politeness, Castiel led Genevera out of the interrogation room. They walked through a long corridor made completely of glass, and the distant sunset could be seen with immaculate clarity. Castiel smiled a little. Dawn and dusk were his favorite times of day. Eventually, they arrived outside of the castle near a small stable. A graceful bay horse waited there for him. "Have you ridden before?" He asked Genevera.

The Froggiest
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)

Genevera smiled when he compromised by taking a horse. They were much faster than going on foot, providing him a quick escape in the event that anything should happen to him. She was also comforted when he said not to worry for his safety, for he had allies that would surely come to his aid. "Very well then..." Genevera said, gently and gracefully accepting his offered arm. He was graceful in his movements and showed an air of politeness that she was not use to, especially from the royal family. Her day was filled with people who were very busy and as a result did not display gracefulness as often as they should have, and bumping into each other was more of a common thing than it should have been. On the inside she was terrified, she had never so much as brushed against a member of the royal family and had always stood in a more than respectful manner when in their presence, and now the prince was guiding her through the castle, one of her hands wrapped gracefully around his arm. It made her nervous.

As they made their way through the corridor made of glass, Genevera's pace seemed to slow. She was always rushing here or there, never taking the time to examine the beauty around her, but she knew that she had never been in this part of the castle before. It was beautiful, and the adjoining sunset made her smile grow larger. "I've never been here before," Genevera whispered to him, as though speaking any louder would be considered rude and ruin the grace and beauty of the corridor.

Soon enough however they were leaving the castle behind altogether, and what waited for them was a stall with a handsome stallion. The horse was tall, taller than she had expected and she stopped in fright...she didn't handle heights well and she gulped when he asked if she had ever ridden before. "I'm afraid...not..." she answered softly, taking a small step back as her mind began to register the true size of the stallion. How was she going to get on the creature, let alone ride it with a prince? 'Just don't humiliate yourself...' was all she thought to herself, her cheeks flushing as a number of thoughts ran through her head.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The prince chuckled, a little bit amused by her hesitation. "Now don't be scared." He gently put an arm behind her back, leading her closer. He slipped a hand onto the stallion's strong neck, and the creature nickered in appreciation. "He looks frightening, but Briar wouldn't hurt a thing. Especially not a lady like yourself." Castiel put a hand up to the side of his mouth, as if to block the horse from hearing. "Between you and me, he likes women more than men. I think he must be confused about me." His lips curved into mirthful smile.

Castiel looked admiringly at the beast and gently scratched between his ears. The horse leaned into him, as if asking for more. He swished his tail and blew a breath out his nose, dipping his head so that his master could reach more easily. "You see? He's just a big puppy." The prince grinned. "Not only that, but he's the strongest, and one of the fastest, horses I know. He'll get us to your home in ten minutes, no, eight!" He smiled proudly. "And you have my word that I won't let you fall." Castiel's eyes gleamed with honesty. "Here, see for yourself." He gently took Genevera's hand and laid it on the horse's strong shoulder, with his overlapping hers.

Truth be told, Castiel was enjoying her company more than he realized. The chance to be himself was a nice break. So often he got cooped up with his family... It was just so listless. So even though he had promised to take her home as quickly as possible, he intended to enjoy every moment out of the castle.

The Froggiest
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)

Genevera blushed as he chuckled at her hesitation, and the blush deepened as he placed an arm behind her back and led her closer towards the stallion. She watched as he placed a hand upon the horse's neck and began to pet it, watching him in awe. All of this was so new to her that she was feeling rather out of place. She smiled when the prince said the horse's name, watching the man interact with the horse. It almost reminded her of interacting with an overly large dog.

She chuckled and grinned at the prince's statement about liking women more than men and that the steed must be confused about him. "You are very much a gentleman, I cannot see how he would be confused of that," Genevera said, her voice of normal tone for the first time that evening. It was not quiet, nor frightful, but soft and strong and most importantly her own. Still melodic in every way, but most unmistakably that of her natural tones and she blushed when she realized this, turning her attention towards the horse.

"He does remind me a bit of a big puppy," Genevera said, smiling once more towards the prince, finding that a great weight seemed to be lifting by each passing second that she spent with the young man. It was strange, speaking to the prince without formalities and instead as two elves conversing under no special circumstances. She was almost ashamed of it, having spoken to the royal family with the utmost of formalities every time she spoke with one of them, which was rare enough on it's own.

The prince then took her hand in his own, gently placing her hand upon the horse's shoulder and allowing her to pet him. The horse breathed on her, leaning closer as he had before with the prince, wanting for her to keep rubbing him. "He's beautiful," Genevera whispered in awe, looking to the prince with admiration on her features. "But how am I to ride him? He's so tall..." Genevera said, her voice still whispered from awe.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The horse was indeed quite tall. The animal's withers reached higher than Castiel's shoulders, and when it's head was lifted it towered over both of them. Briar had a white stripe from forehead to nose, and his plate-sized hooves were feathered with white. "Well I wouldn't make you try to get up on your own, I'll help of course." Castiel liked to ride bareback. Though he was sure that on her own, Genevera wouldn't be able to hold on, he knew that she'd be fine with his help.

"Here, it'll be easy." Castiel clasped his fingers together, forming a step. "Just put your foot here and stand up, then you'll be high enough to swing your leg over." The prince often helped his sister this way, as Kekeani also had trouble mounting as dismounting. They went riding together often enough that he didn't even question helping Genevera this way. "I'll jump up behind you just after you're up. Briar will stay nice and still for you." He smiled, his eyes shining even in the dark.

The Froggiest
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)

Genevera looked over the horse in awe, still a little hesitant about riding on his back. She was also quite shy, she'd never had anything like this happen before and could only wonder if she and the prince would cross paths again. She looked to him as he formed a step with his hands, telling for her to use his hands as a step to get on the horse. She nodded her head, still looking a little hesitant, placing her foot on his hand and pushing herself up.

Her shoe would be soft enough, the soles had long been worn out and had no tread to them, so they wouldn't scrape against his skin in any manner. The minute she swung her leg over and sat on the horse, she wrapped her hands around his neck in order to keep balance, her face lighting up in fright and she closed her eyes to keep calm. It was all so embarrassing, but she'd never been on a horse before and had only watched nobles ride them...they made it look so easy!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Castiel smiled, his eyes sparkling a little bit. "He's very steady, don't worry about falling." The prince gently took one of the maiden's hands, and placed it at the base of Briar's short, thick mane. "You can hold onto his mane here if you like. It won't hurt him." He gently wrapped her fingers around a handful of the black tresses.

With that, Castiel leaped lightly onto the horse's back, behind Genevera. One of his strong arms encircled her waist, and the other clasped onto Briar's mane, halfway up his neck. "There we are, do you feel secure?" The prince tightened his arm, to ensure that she wouldn't fall. Gently, he turned his heels and nudged the horse's sides. Briar took to a steady walk. Castiel could feel the power of the horse under him, smiling to himself. His favorite memories had been made on horseback. He and Briar knew each other well enough that they could communicate almost effortlessly. It was almost like they shared their thoughts.

Soon Briar's stride lengthened, and they raced through the trees. The night air was cool and damp. Owls swooped through the air, claiming the forest as their own as darkness settled. Stars dusted the sky far above, peaking down through the tree canopy, and a brilliant moon shone above distant mountains. Steady hooves carried them effortlessly through the trees.

"Remind me where you live?" Castiel called gently, his voice carrying easily over the rhythmic hoof beats.

Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 123452 ... LastLast