Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 1234553 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] In Search of Honour {Naraness X Juni} IC

The Froggiest
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)

Default Scene 3: The Way Home

"I'm not worried about his balance...I'm worried about mine," she confessed, laughing lightly at the irony of her words. She was an elf, full of grace and beauty...on the ground. Up there, so high and experiencing something she had never experienced before, she lacked the same amount of grace that she held in the dining room, and it was noticeable. She was slowly becoming use to being on the horse's back, at least until the prince climbed up behind her and wrapped his arm around her waist. She was thankful that she was facing in front of him, and that he couldn't see her face for she was blushing a deep red color from shyness.

"I do," she replied, her voice soft and quiet, melodic like before. She was having a difficult time believing that he would be so casual around someone with her status, a peasant turned servant who had even served him a beverage that evening. Now he was taking her home, on his personal horse, with his arm wrapped around her. These were the reasons for her blushing, she couldn't believe what a night she'd had and was looking forward to her weekend off.

The horse began to move and her body tensed for balance, taking a moment to get use to the movements. The prince wrapped his arm around her more securely and she simply continued to look forward, not wanting him to see her blushing cheeks. As the horse picked up speed she found herself sitting in a more upright position, closer to the prince and feeling the air rush past her. Before long she found that it was rather exhilarating, something she didn't think she would feel. The prince asked her where she lived and pointed ahead. "About ten blocks ahead, to the left. The old N'ordoire place," she replied, turning to face him as she spoke to make certain he would hear her.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Good old Fantasy, with new twists.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The prince smiled, his eyes momentarily dropping to Genevera's face. "Ah yes, I've seen that building before." He'd passed it many times while traveling through the city for day-supplies when he needed something during a hunting trip. Since the city was closer than the castle, it was a lot easier to go and resupply at a shop, rather than make the trip back to his home. So in the long run, he knew the city pretty well, even though his expertise was focused on the forest.

Soon enough, Briar slowed to a halt. "This is the place, yes?" Castiel asked. He lithely slide off the horse's back, looking around. By his calculations, they had indeed made it. "Lovely place." He remarked. Though one might think he was, the prince was not lying. He really did appreciate the beauty in any structure, even if it was common, or old. No elven building lacked grace, or skillful architecture.

The prince gave his horse a grateful pat on this neck, and quietly told him to stay still. The horse looked at him briefly and snorted, his muzzle falling to the ground in search of vegetation. Castiel smiled and offered Genevera his hand. He politely helped her down, knowing that the ground was a bit too far away for her liking. "There we are, home sweet home." He smiled proudly. "I hope I didn't delay your trip to much, please do have a pleasant evening Ms. Genevera."
    Spoiler: Clicky clicky -------> 

The Froggiest
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)

Before long the two came to a halt, and Genevera let out a small sigh of relief. "Yes, this is the place," she said, looking all too relieved to be home at last. The prince made a comment about the place being lovely and she smiled softly at him. "Thank you," she said softly, watching as he slid gracefully off the horse. She was wondering how un-graceful she would appear when it was her turn to get off the horse. She did hold on tighter to the horse when the prince told the horse to stay still, and the horse's nuzzle went to the ground in search of food. The sudden change had startled her a little, she still wasn't completely use to riding the animal.

The prince then offered her his hand and assisted her in getting down, and much to her surprise she was more graceful than she had expected. She was all quite humiliated about the events that had occurred this evening, she was less than graceful in the interrogation room and in the dining room, and even more uncoordinated when she found out how they would be traveling. The prince made a comment about hoping to not delay her trip much, though judging by the position of the sun she would've only just been arriving anyway had she walked by foot when the dinner had started. "Oh not by much, thank you for taking me home your majesty," Genevera said, curtseying gracefully and bowing her head in respect.

"Do you still require my presence at the palace tomorrow?" Genevera asked quietly, looking at him curiously. She hoped that he wouldn't, but would be willing to make the trip back up in the event that he did.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Castiel politely shook his head. "No, tomorrow is yours." He smiled. "I hope you enjoy it, and I look forward to seeing you again, Genevera." He bowed politely.

The time was growing late, and Castiel knew that his parents would wonder where he was soon. Besides that, he could hear dinner and dessert calling, waiting for him at home. "Goodbye, Miss. And thank you again." With a particularly handsome smile, he jumped onto Briar's broad shoulders. "Oh and, before I go, I'd like to tell you should you call upon me, I will be there. I have not forgotten what you've gone for me, and for my family." He dipped his head in another bow.

With that, he gave his horse a gentle pat, and urged him into a gallop. The two quickly vanished into the night.

The Froggiest
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)

Default Scene 4: War on the Homefront...

Genevera nodded and waved as the prince took off, making the journey back to the palace on his trusty steed. Genevera couldn't help but to smile, surprised by the way that things had turned out. She had gotten to see just a glimpse of who the prince was, and it was making her change her way of thinking about the royal family. Still, as she turned the key to enter her home, she was exhausted and hungry. She made her way through the home and out the back door, her eyes gazing over the garden that she had crafted using her own magic and gardening techniques.

It truly was something special, providing her with lettuces, grapes, potatoes, corns, tomatoes, cucumbers... nearly any vegetable and several fruits that one could ask for. This was something for a servant to come up with, but she had spent many hard months working extra hours and saving to be able to afford the seeds, the equipment, and the space needed for such a garden. In her own quest for self-completion, she had done what most have not been capable of... made a life for herself that reached the thin line of poverty and middle class, and while she still remained in poverty she was not as poor as many of those around her. If it came to it, she could survive an entire month off of nothing but her garden and use those funds for other necessities.

That evening she chose to have a serving of fire roasted vegetables served with a potato medley, along with some herbs and spices that she'd grown. It was a delicious meal, one that made the stresses of her evening seem to melt away into relaxation. It was her time to be off, and she intended to enjoy every moment of it.

~~~~~~

The weekend had been exactly as Genevera had hoped, one of bliss and comfort that had been much needed. She'd gotten up early on Saturday morning, making her way to the tallest of trees in the forest to watch the beautiful elegance of the sunrise as it rose above the graceful horizon. This was one of her favorite activities, watching the sun rise and fall. It was how she began every weekend and it brought about particular relaxation to her, something that she needed after a long week of work and staying at the palace.

Sunday she had spent the day reading, practicing her healing abilities, and gardening. Her arm was healed by this time, showing no signs that there had been so much as a scrape two days prior. It was now Monday morning, and Genevera was up before the sunrise when it was still rather dark out. It was a little after five thirty in the morning and a majority of the town was asleep, save for the guards who patrolled and the occasional night shift worker coming home from work. Peasants were out in the street, and Genevera was making her way back to the palace to begin her shift at six in the morning. She'd been up for roughly two hours then, and was looking forward to starting off her week on a good note. She couldn't help but to wonder how the princess was recovering, and hoped that she was well.

Some streets were more well lit than others, and unfortunately more patrolled than others as well. The older parts of town, parts where peasants roamed and begged and prostitutes stood at the corner were the least patrolled areas in the city. It upset her every Monday having to walk through the crime-ridden area, and every Friday evening when she went home. During the daytime hours the neighborhood had a nice appearance, and oddly enough more guards, but when it was dark out the streets and alleys told a different story. Such was the case as she ventured through the long, cobblestone corridors, about another fifteen minutes away from the palace. Another five minutes and she would be out of the slums altogether, and in her mind she couldn't wait to get out- it reminded her all too much of her past life and growing up.

She heard heavy footsteps upon the cobblestones not far behind her, which surprised her as elves were typically more graceful and also the only ones who roamed the particular area. She didn't show any signs of acknowledgement, knowing from experience that it was best to avoid contact whenever possible, and instead picked up her pace the slightest bit. Up in the distance she could see the streets becoming more well lit, and could even see a guard passing up ahead. She sighed in relief, nearly breaking out into a dash of fate to reach the light ahead. Just as she had broke into a sprint, she felt someone grab her arm and screamed in fright as they pulled her around. Instantly she began to struggle, looking in horror as she stared upon what appeared to be a half-giant of sorts. He was much taller than her, appearing to have similar features as a human, though much, much taller at about seven and a half feet high. "Let go of me!" she shouted, trying to shout as loud as she could, hoping that a guard in the distance would hear her cry for help.

"You shouldn't have got involved..." the being said, holding firmly onto her wrist with a force that was strong enough to crush bones in her wrist. She cried out in pain, doing her best to fight him off and hit him, but to no avail as he was just too strong. She was a servant, and in her servant clothes, and therefore didn't carry any weapons on her. She didn't know how to use them if she did anyway. The man took out a rather large dagger, with special carvings and a pure golden hand-grip. She screamed out in fright and attempted to run, but it was of no use. "Please...don't!" Genevera begged, her voice loud as she struggled and pleaded. It was then that the man struck her with the blade, piercing it straight into her chest. The blade was large enough and sharp enough to tear straight through her body, exiting through her shoulder blade. She gasped in pain as the man took the blade out of her, dropping to her knees as water came out of her eyes, gurgling could also be heard as she struggled for breath. "You shouldn't have gotten involved...war is not suitable for maidens..." the being said, taking off in the opposite direction and disappearing through the streets.

Genevera fell upon her back, laying there motionless and gasping for air, her body shaking. Someone came from a home, having heard the cries for help and saw her lying there. "Help!" they shouted, running towards the well-lit street and leaving her there on the cobblestones, blood oozing out of her chest and down her back. Before long her breathing was weakening and she heard footsteps, followed by more and what appeared to be those of a horse. "Miss, miss, what happened?!" someone shouted, and she could see a guard standing over her. A stretcher was laid out next to her and they carefully moved her onto it, but she was losing strength rapidly, her eyes opening and closing against her will. "Take her to the nearest hospital!" the guard shouted, taking off in the direction of the palace as she was lifted from the ground. The nearest hospital was about three blocks away, in the poorer section of town, but the elves there were capable of healing. It was nothing compared to the glory of the hospital wing of the palace, but they were more concerned with keeping her alive long enough to get her there.

~~~~~~

It was now sometime after eight in the morning, and there was much commotion in the servants quarters. Genevera still hadn't shown up for work, and they all knew what had happened on Friday evening. She was usually prompt, fifteen minutes early in fact, and now here it was, two hours into her shift after a weekend and Genevera was still not present. The charge servant was growing nervous, wondering where her worker could be. She'd checked the hospital wing but she was not in there, and she had sent someone to Genevera's home but it was empty, locked up tight. The only thing she had left to do was to inform the royal family of her absence and hope that they would be able to locate her.

The family would just be ending their breakfast, and Isabella waited politely outside the doors with one of the guards. It was then that a guard came running down the halls, looking exhausted and distressed. She stood back, knowing that it was not her place to interrupt, though much to her surprise he came running directly to her. "Miss, are you missing one of your servants?" the guard asked her, trying to regain his breath. She looked up at him in surprise and nodded. "I am... Genevera BlaecThorne, she was scheduled to begin her shift at six this morning. I've checked the hospital wing and her home, but we cannot find her...what has happened?" she asked, and the same guard that had taken off to the palace earlier relayed the events to her from this morning. She gasped in fright and stumbled back, her breathing increasing. "Where is she now?" Isabella asked, but the guard shook his head. "I'm afraid her whereabouts are being kept a secret for now...but I must inform the royal family," he said, and she stood back to let him through.

Nori was the guard's name, and he knocked on the door of the dining room in a signature pattern, indicating that it was a guard. Two soft knocks, then a third louder. "Come in," he heard, and he entered the room, dipping gracefully to one knee and looking up at the royal family. "What is it?" the King asked, clearly not looking too pleased with being interrupted. "There has been an attempted murder on one of your servants, my lord," he announced, looking only to the King. "She was stabbed in an alleyway early this morning and keeps saying something about a giant attacking her and war," he said, and the King then asked who it was and where she was.

"Genevera BlaecThorne. She's in a hospital about five minutes away by horse," the guard announced, and the royal family looked stunned, looking immediately to the guard. The hospital was, in other words, about fifteen minutes away by foot. They all knew her the name. The King sighed and stood. "And what do you think, of what she says?" he asked the guard, and the guard looked around at the family, breathing heavily.

"The dagger used to stab her was thick, and large. It was large enough to make an inch and a half opening in her chest, strong enough to pierce through her scapula, and long enough to pierce through her entire body. We know it was not a sword, the wound would have been different. I find it difficult to believe that the average elf could have held something that heavy and used it with such force," the guard said, and the King sighed, rubbing his temples. "Castiel...go and see her at the hospital. Ask her for whatever information she can provide," his father told him, knowing full well that he had spoken with the servant more, and she would likely feel more comfortable speaking to him. "I want a full report," the King said, nodding to his son.

The guard coughed, looking at the king. "She's still in surgery..." he said, and the King's eyes softened, looking to Castiel. "Go and wait for her to awaken, my son. Call upon me if you should need anything," he said, sighing softly.
    Last edited by Froggy; 02-08-2014 at 01:06 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

It had been a long weekend. Castiel wanted more than anything to go out and ride, hunt, and explore the valley... He wanted to feel the sun on his skin, and the wind in his lungs. In fact, his heart so greatly longed for some time in the forest that it ached painfully. But to his dismay, the entire weekend had been spent with his very worst enemy: Paper. Oh he hated it. He hated writing on it, he hated reading from it, he hated the feeling of squinting down at the tiny words. But low and behold, his parents had dumped a cartload of work in his lap, and it had taken every hour of his free time to complete it.

He'd been replying to requests from the kingdom's people, managing the pay and delivery to the people in their employ, editing laws that required revision, calculating taxes, and every other meticulous chore he'd been given. His shoulders ached and his eyes stung when he had finished.

And yet, through all the ink blots, paper cuts, and misfilings, his mind kept wandering back to Genevera. Though he hadn't realized it before, the girl had become something of an enigma to him. While trying to puzzle out all the issues of his kingdom, his mind constantly wound up trying to figure her out. It was really a bit frustrating at times. While he was trying to finish his work, she kept distracting his thoughts and delaying him. To be truthful, it was annoying.

Currently, he was sitting with his parents in the throne room. He was done with his chores, and Monday morning had never had so much potential in his eyes. He only needed to wait for the right opportunity, and he would be free to bask in the outside air. While plotting his escape, he hardly noticed when a guard entered the room. In fact, he wasn't even listening until the name 'Genevera' was mentioned. Castiel was on his feet even before his father released him to go.

His heart pounded, and his legs begged him to run and find the girl. She had been hurt... Someone had tried to kill her. He couldn't think of why anyone would want to hurt such a pure, innocent person. The moment the King told him to find her, Castiel was gone. He had never ran in the hallways, he knew better... But at that moment he threw caution to the wind, dashing through the corridors. He propelled himself over the marble hallways, and raced into the stable. Only seconds later, he burst out atop his mountainous steed, Briar.

The horse's thundering hooves struck the ground rhythmically. Briar could feel his master's need for urgency, and denied him no effort.

Arriving at the hospital, many gasps and shouts rang out. The prince's sudden arrival shattered the peaceful environment. Briar slid to a halt, his hooves digging up the soft earth. The prince dismounted, quickly straightening his posture. Castiel composed himself upon entering. As much as he wanted to ensure that Genevera was safe, he still needed to uphold the royal figure his people expected.

The prince asked around, and was soon taken to a waiting room outside of where the girl was being cared for. Castiel realized that despite his dire efforts to get here quickly, he could do nothing for her. In the back of his mind, he wished that he could find the person who had done this. He wanted to punish the monster responsible.

The Froggiest
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)

The pain was tremendous, unbearable. Despite her many scars and injuries in the past, she had never been inflicted a wound so serious, so large. The nurses and doctors worked feverishly to stop the bleeding, to heal her shoulder blade and to reshape the bones in her wrist. The substandard hospital was not able to provide pain medication however, as they could not afford it and a majority of the patients were unable to afford it themselves. It was saddening, to see the woman in such pain.

Genevera was unconscious from the wound, but she could feel it as they worked and it was nauseating, almost to the point of waking her up in the middle of the surgery. She could feel herself fading in and out, on the verge of giving up altogether...was life worth facing this much pain? She wasn't sure, but soon enough she felt the air even out around her, and she could sense that the amount of people in the room were declining. Before long, her eyes began to flutter open and she gasped out in pain, one hand reaching out to her injured shoulder.

She began to sob from the pain, tears visibly falling from her cheeks as the remaining nurse rushed to her side, holding her hand and trying to gently force her back down in a laying position. "Shhh dear, shhh... you'll be alright, you just need to take in deep breaths," the woman said, doing her best to calm Genevera. "It...hurts so much," Genevera said, her entire body shaking from the pain and the fear. "I know deary...as soon as your vitals stabilize, we're transferring you to the hospital wing at the palace for better care. But first you have to calm yourself," the nurse assured her, and Genevera was limp on the bed, tears pouring down her cheeks continuously as she tried to calm down, but the pain was so intense.

"Prince Castiel is waiting for you in the room next door dear, are you well enough to answer a few questions?" she asked Genevera, and Genevera looked stunned that the prince was there so quick, at all. "I'll...try..." Genevera breathed, her voice shaky from despair. The nurse nodded and stood, walking to the door and leaving her for a moment.

"Your majesty...she's awakened," the nurse announced, bowing her head in respect.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Castiel looked up to see a nurse walk in. "Your majesty...she's awakened," the nurse announced, bowing her head in respect. The prince stood, smiling politely.

"Thank you." He ran a hand over his hair, trying to clear his thoughts. What worried him the most was... What he might have to see. Would he be able to stay composed, should Genevera be injured more badly than he imagined? The prince steeled himself for whatever he was going to see, and entered the room. The walls were all made of pale wood, and though all the equipment was simple at best, everything was immaculately clean.

Castiel smiled upon seeing the girl. He could see the pain in her eyes, and knew that she'd suffered greatly over the past few hours, but... It was good to see her again. "Genev- I mean, Ms. BlaecThorne." He moved swiftly to the side of the bed. He took in her condition. The bleeding had stopped, and it appeared that any broken bones were in their proper places... However, she needed more prestigious care. It angered him that she had been in such pain that day.

"Do you feel well enough to speak?" He asked gently. "Just shake your head if you don't, I don't want you to strain yourself." Castiel looked around, and caught a Nurse's arm. In a low voice he instructed the woman to ready transportation for Genevera, to the medical wing at the castle. He wanted to get her there as soon as possible.

The Froggiest
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)

Shortly after the nurse left, the door opened again and Genevera took a weak breath, opening her eyes again to see the prince entering. She looked at him sadly, her cheeks were flushed from embarrassment. She smiled softly when he almost called her by her first name, fighting the urge to chuckle. "I think...at this point...you can call me Genevera, if you please..." she said, wincing in pain as she adjusted her position. He was now at the side of her bed, observing her. Her chest was rising and falling slowly, nothing in comparison to normal breathing, rather more of a shallow, labored breath.

He asked if she was well enough to speak, and she nodded her head. "I will...do my best," she said, her voice soft and quiet. The prince caught the attention of one of the nurses and she heard whispering, something of transportation to the palace. She gulped, looking around the room for the first time since she woke up. She could see all of the equipment, all of the supplies being used to keep her stay alive. She felt a sickening sensation and knew that she couldn't afford it, she would be paying this bill for months, maybe even years. "Please...no..." she begged, feeling ashamed that she couldn't afford the proper medical care. "I...can't... afford it," she whispered quietly, looking away from him as a small tear ran down her cheeks. It was the life she lived as a servant, though it was certainly better than her roots...on the streets, no money and having to beg for food. At least she would be able to survive off of her garden in order to help pay her quickly accumulating medical debt.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

"Oh please, that's nonsense." Castiel shook his head. "This attack was not only on you, but against the honor of the royal family." He had put the pieces together. This was a warning, and it worried him immensely. There were others who wished to hurt his family, and he would not stand for it. "You'll be taken under the care of the royal medical center, and no payment will be necessary." Castiel had always thought it ridiculous that someone should need to pay for healing in the first place. Why should someone suffer or die simply because they couldn't pay the bill?

"Should anything come up, I will speak about the matter with the King." The prince assured her. "Dear, you really must know, I believe you're in danger. Someone has tried to attack the royal house, and you got in their way. You've made yourself an enemy." Castiel thought that perhaps it would be wise to put her under protection, but did not voice the thought.

When he realized that no one had gone to get transportation, he assured one of the nurses that the charge would be paid for, and sent her on her way.

Castiel took a deep breath, and sat on a stool next to the bed. It was hard to see what someone would have to gain from attacking the royal family... They gave the kingdom protection, wealth, beauty... Why would anyone want to usurp the authority that had guided them for hundreds of years? His father was as old as the trees themselves... He was wise, and well respected. No one whom Castiel had ever met could match him. Anyone who thought they could take his place was a fool.

"We will get to the bottom of this, I assure you." He said, turning to Genevera.

Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 1234553 ... LastLast