Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anime/Manga Pet Peeves

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Echo View Post
    One thing about anime/manga that sometimes really irks me is people who only read manga or watch anime for solely the art style. They refuse to consider anything that doesn't suit their tastes, which is unfortunate because there are so many good series out there that are rather stylized and may not be considered as well-drawn by some people.
    Watching anime is like any other form of consumption. If you absolutely love chocolate, but hate coconut, would you eat an Almond Joy? No, you wouldn't. You would go and eat any of the hundreds of other kinds of chocolate candies that don't include coconut.

Similarly, if you don't like the look of an anime, why would you subject yourself to the punishing experience of watching it? Granted, the music might be great and the story fabulous, but that doesn't help if the aesthetic doesn't agree with you. Is it slightly frivolous to judge an anime based on its look? Maybe, but you have to remember that the shortest anime will probably see you watching 12-13 23-25 minute episodes of this to complete it. You have to remember that the aesthetic is the first thing and, most likely, the last thing you see in the anime. If a person can't stomach to look at it, does it really matter whether the music is good or the story is phenomenal?

Also remember that there are a lot of different anime out there. While they are pushing themselves to complete something that they would prefer to soon after blot out in a haze of drink, they could be watching something that they would actually enjoy and possibly discuss with others.

I think there is also a distinction here in what you are looking for and what they are looking for. When you are watching anime, the visuals are incredibly important. When you are discussing it with your friends though, comments on aesthetic are fewer and less important, as you can't actually visualize it without seeing it. The comments usually boil down to a simple "It was pretty." or "It was not pretty." Story, characters, and music take priority in discussions.
    Spoiler: Around the Forum 

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, modern plots, fandubing animes and video games
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

FILLERS!!!!!!!

Now I'm not saying that filler is a bad thing, its a useful way to keep a anime series going in Japan, cause time slot in Japan is well a really big thing, likelife or death, cause if an anime show losses that time slot cause the show is short on ideas and can't create any more episode then thats it, the show might as well be canceled. So how do you keep a show from going over the manga material. you use fillers, this keeps the manga writers at a good pace. However some shows have a really bad habit of using filler, of course we are all thinking Naruto of course, then again I never really liked the show anyways, kinda stupid when you think of ninja finger bang jutsu, LOL.

this really pisses me off, I hate animes that constantly shell out filler after filler, esspecially in archs. I will say this much I'm a huge fan of fairy Tail, and even though it uses filler as well the fillers are short mostly a episode or 2, or if its an arch well no more then 5-6 episodes long in my opinion, and even then those filler episodes are fun to watch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I agree with Echo. I have a few friends who will only watch anime or read manga for the art style. Kinda gets under my skin for the sole reason is when you suggest sole really good plot line with interesting characters and everything else they seem really interested, but as soon as they see the art style blow it off. And then suggest a really pretty anime/manga which is pretty, but boring as hell...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12