Page 1 of 13 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Madame's Academy for the Scientifically and Artistically Destructive (Remade!)

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    My interests vary, but I don't usually play in horror or zombie RPs; but hey, this could change!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Madame's Academy for the Scientifically and Artistically Destructive (Remade!)

IC Topic

Spoiler: Old OOC and IC 

The arts and the sciences- Two elements that look to be on different spectrums, with very passionate people behind them. Science has contributed numerous things to our society, many of which the average person uses on a daily basis. Art has given much to the culture of our society, influencing generation after generation.

However, when does either go 'too far'? What if someone had such a passion for either Art or Science at such a young age, that despite their obvious talent, the destruction to themselves and others was much greater?

This is where Madame's Academy for the Scientifically and Artistically Destructive- or MASAD- comes in. They take these young prodigies, who in regular society are seen as 'outcasts', and give them safe (well, for the most part anyways) ways to express themselves and their passion. They can interact with others of similar talents. There will also be, of course, the regular classes and education that every child needs, while having modified arts and science classes accordingly.

There are a few harmful rumors about our school- that no one really knows what happens to those that are expelled, or that more harm has come with all these students gathered together-, but really, these are just judgmental remarks that in no way should be applied to the academy. So, what are you waiting for? Do you really want all that precious potential to go to waste?

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any of the following that might happen to students or staff, including: Mysteriously missing limbs, strange foreign objects growing on the body, anyone expelled that is never seen again, property damage, and any other extreme harm. Send students or work here at own risk.

Ark 1
    There's been unknown destruction at the academy- which, while expected, really isn't the fault of the students at all! Now, the students must band together to find the perpetrator!

Although, the fact that the art and science sides tend to pit themselves against each other certainly doesn't help matters.

The Survey is over! Thank you to all the members who have voted, and enjoy the current story ark!

Please refrain from posting in the old OOC or the old IC! The new OOC is here, obviously, and the new IC will be posted once we figure out where we want the plot to go.

Credit to the wonderful Vaidia for the rules!

Spoiler: RULES 

Spoiler: About Classes 

Spoiler: Character Sheet 

Both students and staff may be made! However, the head mistress may not be made, and will likely be played by me or another designated player.

If you want to play a teacher, please specify what class(es) they'll be teaching other than art or science.

The original GM, MissCandyDoll, is free to take over this RP again at any time.

If you've already joined the old one, you don't have to re-apply, but you're free to re-post any old character sheets here.

Spoiler: Members & Accepted Characters 

Want to support the RP? Here, have a banner!
    I can make smaller sizes if requested.

Spoiler: Banners 
    Last edited by OfaBettername; 03-19-2014 at 12:33 AM.
    Feel free to PM me for RP requests, or if you want to collaborate!
    Spoiler: Places to See & Go 

The Froggiest
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)

Here are a few links that will help your game get noticed:

First, why not submit your thread for the Roleplay of the Week? Every week roleplays are featured in a site-wide message on the main homepage, and if yours is selected members would have access to it from the homepage- how nifty is that?

Second, if you need help with graphics for your RPotW submission, check out our Banner shop!-here there are plenty of talented people willing to help out.

Also, the Roleplaying Games Directory is one place where people can go to look for new RPs. Try advertising in here?

Another cool way to get your game out is through Staff Siggies- when new RPs are posted here, we add them to our signatures so that all members can see.

Finally, why not read a little extra with the RPA Tribune?

Good luck and have fun!

Fantasy, Anime, Sci-fy, Dark Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oo, sounds fun. Can't wait to see the final product!

My interests vary, but I don't usually play in horror or zombie RPs; but hey, this could change!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

At the moment I'm working on the plot, while someone else is working on the rules- I'll be looking forward to your characters if you join! 8D

Edit: Alright, so I've got the main plot up! Once the rules and form are finished, I'll put up a survey about what the first story ark should be, made up of previous suggestions from the last thread.

I would be very appreciative if those from the old OOC could tell me what they think of the plot- should anything be changed? There also seem to be rules in the old RP that applied more IC than OOC- should I write those in the plot too?
    Last edited by OfaBettername; 02-18-2014 at 12:59 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Spoiler: James 

My old CS with a slight edit
    Genocide run in progress

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ignore what I said about the 'new' character sheet- I skipped over where Vaidia said that they're pretty much keeping it the same. So, characters can be made!

Also, Vaidia has PMed me about the rules! I'll add them to the first post soon. I'll also be putting up a survey about what the first, official character ark should be- if you're interested in the RP, keep a look out for it and be sure to vote once the survey's up, although all and any plot suggestions are encouraged.

Edit: I've made the survey! It should be here. If you've joined the RP or are interested, please participate in it!
    Last edited by OfaBettername; 02-18-2014 at 07:31 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Reposting my character!

Name: Ingrid Sycrae

Gender+Sex: Female

Appearance:
    Spoiler: Ingrid 

Ingrid is tall (5'6" and still growing) and slender, with long legs and unmistakable grace to her movements of a dancer. She has dark hair that is almost always slicked back into a neat bun, and her face is one that is defined by sharp but elegant features. Her eyes are a deep emerald shade, but they have a manic quality and hold little warmth for the world around her. She often wears clothing that is easy to move around in, but she favors red.

Personality: Ingrid is a obsessive girl who cares little for the ordinary world. She speaks little to other people and often seems cold, pushing those who try and get close to her away with a icy stare and a few cruel words. Most of her energy is spent on things related to dance, be it training her own body or working on choreography. She keeps herself quite dignified, and will refuse to do certain things if she finds them improper for herself. She is very regimented in her schedule, and hell hath no fury if anyone is to disturb that. Ingrid also can have a very explosive temper at times, usually leading to someone getting hurt. She is very abstinent to any relationship, wishing to retain her purity.

The Arts or Science?: Art

Destructive Tendency: Ingrid has a dream, and that is to one day play the role of the Sacrificial Virgin in the Ballet The Rite of Spring and truly dance herself to death.

Bio: Ingrid was a dancer from the very moment she could walk. She was a very early developer, walking before one year of age and enrolled in dance classes as soon as she could be. Both of her parents (one musician and the other an artist-- and yes, quite short on cash) could not be more proud to have such a daughter. They spent all the money they could on ensuring she was given the right lessons, using the connections they had from their professions and loans to cover what their paychecks could not. Ingrid flourished under the quality instruction, mastering styles from classical ballet to contemporary and even Hip Hop. Her heart was committed to Ballet, and there was no doubt she would be the Prima Ballerina of every one's dreams one day.

But, her parents were too focused on what she was, rather than who, and failed to see the darkness within the girl. Ingrid had several journals she would spend the nights filling, sketching out costumes as well as recording her inner most desires down, the main one being her wish to die from dance. Her parents discovered these volumes one day, and did not know what to do. They had no more money to spend on getting her psychiatric care, and realized just how distant the demands of dance had made them from their precious daughter. They confronted her, and it ended poorly with them threatening to take her away from dance, and she attacking them. She brought a hammer down onto both of their hands, crippling them from their art and forcing them to make the only decision they could: to send her away to MASAD.

Years Starting at the Academy: This will be her second year

Other: Ingrid is able to replicate any dance after seeing it only once, and usually does it better than the original dancer. She eats quite a large amount of food, and is very healthy in her diet. She also always carries around a suspiciously heavy bag, one big enough to hold a hammer.

As for the Ballet in Question: Le Sacre du Printemps
    Last edited by Vaidia; 02-23-2014 at 08:05 PM.

Thanks Nara and Karma for the wonderful Avatar and Signature set!

When all else is gone, the bones always remain...

Spoiler: VAIDIA'S CHARACTER THEME SONG WORKSHOP 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll be sure to edit the link to Ingrid's character!

Also, Gamer_KM, could you say what your chosen candy was from the last OOC thread?

Edit: Oh, and about the art and sciences going against each other (from a question on the survey)- it's more of a big rivalry brought on by the students, and while there may be NPCs that represent this, how your character reacts is up to you. So it's really not an official 'rule' that they go against each other, although in any case there will be conflict.
    Last edited by OfaBettername; 02-18-2014 at 08:58 PM.

Romance, Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool, I'll try to have my CS up for either tonight or tomorrow.

I like the idea of a small rivalry between the Scientists and the Artists, not full-blown hate, but a rivalry does sounds nice.

Btw, my favorite candy is Snickers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

york peppermint patty
    Genocide run in progress

Page 1 of 13 123 ... LastLast