Page 2 of 112 FirstFirst 123452 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Warhammer 40K: The Prophet In Silver - recruitment and OOC

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Accepted once again, Dakkagor.

And thanks Nastia.
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

June MotM 2014
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

[*Ordos Xenos; Imperial Inquisition:*]
    [*Personnel Request:*]
    [*Storm Trooper:*]
    [*Remus, Julianus*]

The Remus family is best described as an old tree, containing hundreds of branches and thousands of leaves. Withering and yet sprouting new life over the course of millennia. Each child of a successive generation has the ability to sprout another branch, but like most gardens it must be pruned. If one of its daughters marries out, their first born must be of the Remus name. Those exhibiting mutant traits are expunged or bastardized. Luckily for my eldest sister, the Remus family accepts those with psychic traits, however, any children she may foster will also be bastardized. Remus will only accept pure stock.

And I've always hated it...

Name: Julianus Remus
    Position: Inquisitorial Storm Trooper

Active* Siblings:
    - Inquisitor Chrysanta Remus, deployed on Inquisitorial runs across outlying Imperial Sectors.
    - Sororitas Hospitalar Roxanna Remus, deployed on Gravio II. Tending to victims of recent viral outbreak, under the banner of the Sisters of the Sacred Watch.
    - Commissar Aeton Remus, allocated to 156th Corilithian Infantry Regiment.
    - Colonel Balios Remus, commanding officer of 627th Corilithian Armoured Regiment.

* Note these reports detail latest generation of family Remus, for retired personnel or extended family of similar generation please search out a Scribe of the Ordos:
    - (Deceased) Kephas Remus, former commander of 156th Corilithian Infantry Regiment.
    - (Infant) Solon Remus, currently undergoing Schola Progenium conditioning.

Personality:
    - Gruff
    - Stern
    - Loyal
    - Questioning

Weapons:
    - Hotshot lasrifle
    - Hotshot pistol
    - Combat knife
    - 2 Fragment grenades
    - 2 Bright grenades
    - 1 Melta bomb

Equipment:
    - Carapace armour: Typical armour kit, forged from plates of armaplas fashioned into a complete suit. Forge world stamp of the Seventh planted on the middle of back neck ring, Inquisitorial -I- displayed on right shoulder guard and upper left chest;

- Matching helmet: Armaplas ballistic helmet, with attached targeter and secondary helmet lamp powered by an independent battery or miniature motor. An Imperial eagle is stamped upon the front, along with a manufactorum stamp of the Seventh imprinted underneath at the top of the dome.

- Rebreather mask: Polymer visor is capable of several visual modes including, night vision and thermal. Visor is capable of tinting in the event of blinding lights , it is powered by an independent battery or motor mounted at the back of the helmet;

- Auspex: Electronically accessed in Remus' visor optics, this simple device displays a forward 90 degree cone which detects movement up to varying increments. These being 10, 20 or as far as 40 metres;

- Microbead: A small ear mounted communication device for short range communication between Inquisitorial team members or if required external sources - those being elements of local PDF, stationed Guard Regiments or militia forces. Upon the ear pieces mounting plate is the Manufactorum stamp of the Seventh.

- Tan fatigues: Typical operating uniform for the Inquisitorial militant, though camouflage patterns and standard kit are changed during assignment and operating theaters. Remus routinely swaps between standard uniform worn on base to that of allotted camouflage when on mission.

Background:
    Julianus of the family Remus. A family of some renown its sons and daughters having a long standing tradition of attending the Schola Progenium becoming members of the Inquisition, the Commissariat, Adepta Sororitas or the Imperial Guard. For Julianus however he was destined to a life of duty to protect and provide security in the halls of the fortresses of the Inquisition. He has been allocated to several Inquisitors for numerous assignments, tasks which have led him to believe the result of all things falls to the cursed gods and leaving him suspect of rooting out cult activity wherever it be found.

He was born the sixth child of his generation, his older siblings often left him envious by their own successes or current positions of notably higher standard. His sisters, a Soroitas Hospitalar and a Ordo Xeno Inquisitor, the latter personally requesting his services to merely rub it in. Something that left him wondering if she ever truly grew up or how she even became an Inquisitor in the first place. His brothers two officers of the Guard and a Commissar; the oldest son a man who Julianus no longer considered his brother, having led to the death of another one of his older male siblings.

His home world, routinely called the First that being it is the capital of the Sector and coincidentally the first to be colonized by man. A high tech system at the back end of the universe, now at war with the Tau Empire as those young xenos continually attempt to expand their sphere. Julianus would have rather signed himself up to the Guard, fighting and dieing for his home, not here, not for family tradition on some far flung backwater he hadn't even heard of.

Report Ends

[*Adeptus Arbites:*]
    [*Personnel Request:*]
    [*Regulator:*]
    [*Hybrida, Glabrio*]

Fucking ay, I took on a rowdy lot of ya' three times your size before breakfast. This'll be easy...-- You have the right to be ventilated. I have the right to burn your home and destroy every vestige of your existence. Do you understand your rights as I have read them to you?

Ditto, outside his helmet.

Name: Glabrio Hybrida
    Position: Ex-Regulator/Agent

Personality:
    - Stubborn
    - Egotistical
    - Glory hound

Weapons:
    - 2 Auto-pistols: A matched pair of high capacity, hollow-point cartridge auto-pistols, taken from Hybrida's own personal stock. Modified to carry extended magazines with reinforced rounds, supplied with more grain than usual.

- Shock maul: This pattern of Power Maul is a versatile, one-handed weapon with two power settings. At its low setting, the maul's head delivers an electrical shock powerful enough to stun its targets, just like a regular Shock Maul. At the high setting however, the energy forms a crackling power field that can sunder steel, armour, and flesh.

- Snub-nosed stub pistol: A six-rounded revolver holstered and hidden around the ankle. An extra piece should Hybrida ever find himself out of ammunition or a situation where he is away from his traditional sidearms.

- 2 Bright grenades
    - 2 Stun grenades
    - 1 Frag grenade

Equipment:
    - Carapace armour: Arbitrator carapace armour is constructed from dense plasteel plates overlaying a synthetic polyplastic fibre weave that must be produced in an orbital null-gravity manufactorum. Arbites carapace armour is designed to be clipped together and worn over a light, breathable bodyglove, the armour carefully constructed and tailor-made to the proportions of the Arbitrator concerned. Given that the armour must be worn for hours at a time, often during periods of extreme physical exertion, it must be light and comfortable, and it succeeds surprisingly well on these fronts.

- Matching helmet: The carapace helm is equipped with a vox-torc and is open at the mouth to allow easier verbal communication. The helm is, however, capable of being hermetically sealed in seconds; which doubles as a rebreather. It also contains polarising lenses which react instantly to light over a certain lumen level, and which have the effect of negating photonic flash grenades completely.

- Jelly beans: A small bean-shaped type of confectionery with a soft candy shell and a gel interior which come in a wide variety of flavors. The confection is primarily made of sugar.

Background:
    Glabrio of the family Hybrida, one which the citizens of the Imperium would be unfamiliar with - like so many countless others. His is a name seeking prestige, fighting for every bit of renown one can scrap up. But to shine as a beacon in the sea of a billion-billion subjects is a difficult mantel to attain. His parents were standing members of Imperial commerce, his grandparents before them workers designing Imperial infrastructure, and those before them members of local politics. Glabrio was the bad apple of the latest generation of Hybrida, the middle child, one who never received enough discipline, or attention when he was a child.

He was the bully, one to look for trouble, one to always start the fights. His life in the church schools was one of juvenile violence, and numerous cases of suspension. His test scores were average, and he was cunning enough to avoid the drafting of the Guard. Glabrio sought a better name for himself, to strive to his parents badgering, to what their name deserved. Strings could only take him so far, and the professions of his forefathers were continuously out of reach.

A compromise had to be found, and as such he was willing to relent and take a position in the local Arbiters. The investigations into political corruption and the scrutiny of regulating Imperial law was a bore to him. So he looked into the other departments of the Arbiters, where he found a role as a regulator. His past seemed to control him, and he became somewhat of a lone wolf, a bane in the underhive. He had a knack for weeding out the gangers, the dealers, the insurgents, and the riffraff.

So much so that most of the notorious gangs had given Hybrida and his team nicknames. Then came the Inquisition... He still wonders why they took him with them. Why he isn't dead. Perhaps they saw him as a potential asset, or maybe they just liked his charming personality. For two years he's served under them, fought for the so called greater Imperium, trading the squabbles of thieves for all manner of Xenos.

He'd rather take his chances with the Xenos.

Report Ends

Spoiler: Here's some more for you 
    Last edited by Jarms48; 12-27-2017 at 03:42 PM.

The Last Remembrancer
    Modern times or Sci-Fi games.
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

lies, damn lies! They will all be faceless mooks! but I'm looking forward to seeing Glabrio in action.

June MotM 2014
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dakkagor View Post
    lies, damn lies! They will all be faceless mooks! but I'm looking forward to seeing Glabrio in action.
    No!

One day! Just give me a chance! :P

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

I maintain that they are actually all the same person; he keeps his helmet on to avoid being recognised on CCTV etc, and exhibits different personalities at different times to throw his colleagues off the scent.

I'll be watching very carefully to see if Remus and Glabrio ever actually appear "on screen" at the same time.

EDIT - How exactly is Glabrio's surname pronounced? HY-brid-ah or Hib-REE-da (which is less intuitive, but sounds better spoken aloud)?

And while we're on the subject: for anyone who's wondering, Vincent's surname is pronounced "Nil" and Alia's is Mach-AIR-ree (as per the original Greek, with the ch pronounced as in the Scottish word "loch") rather than Ma-KYE-ree.
    Last edited by Azazeal849; 02-26-2014 at 07:29 PM.

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

June MotM 2014
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azazeal849 View Post
    EDIT - How exactly is Glabrio's surname pronounced? HY-brid-ah or Hib-REE-da (which is less intuitive, but sounds better spoken aloud)?
    The first one.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

CHARACTER ROSTER

A quick summary of all the major NPC characters. For links to PC profiles, see "Team Roster" in the first post.

Spoiler: Interrogator Javid Schafer 

Spoiler: Interrogator Alia Machairi 

Spoiler: Investigator Marcus Black 

Spoiler: Verispex agent Kelly Black 

Spoiler: Agent Vincent Nyl 

Spoiler: Rogue trader Natalia Veiss 
    Last edited by Azazeal849; 06-04-2014 at 04:44 PM.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

I also feel obliged to point out to everyone that Dakkagor has sneakily started a RP of his own over in the Sci-Fi section.

Sanity's Eclipse
    Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Definitely gonna be joining. Can't actually post any sheets until I get my new laptop next week. My current one finally ran its course and no longer starts up properly, so I am posting this from my wife's laptop just to keep peeps updated.
    Hit me up on discord: Mags#3126
    I'm just easier to get a hold of there. Just lemme know who you are

i enjoy many different roleplay genres, from sci fi to western
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would like to join this, give me a few hours longest till tomorrow to come up with a character. Now the hard part of picking through all the ones i've thought up over the years.

Page 2 of 112 FirstFirst 123452 ... LastLast